Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2013, 09:38 AM   #856
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by left210 View Post
We are going 10-5 to 10-12. Anyone know if there will be any large groups there during that time? We have never stayed at a value and are considering it this trip but do not want to be there if a bunch of cheerleaders or student groups coming.
The second and third weeks of October are generally blacked out for discounts due to the large number of school that are on fall break and the large amount of business conventions that they have at WDW during that timeframe. You will probably get lucky with a check in date of October 5 for a free dining discount, but I would expect moderate crowd levels, as opposed to low crowd levels, for that timeframe.
TheDisney411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:45 AM   #857
gypsydoodlebug
Who DOESN'T love Fraggle Rock? I have to admit, Gobo Fraggle was kinda hot...
all of a sudden I sound like a Beverly Hillbilly??!?!
I can't tell the chicks from the dudes on here

Quote:
We are going 10-5 to 10-12. Anyone know if there will be any large groups there during that time? We have never stayed at a value and are considering it this trip but do not want to be there if a bunch of cheerleaders or student groups coming.
We will be there during that time frame. My husband has an annual conference. They are taking up the entire EPCOT resort complex, including the Swan and Dolphin. All of those are sold out at our convention rate, with spillover to the GF, Poly, WL & AKL. We ended up at the Poly.

EPCOT is usually a little more crowded due to F&WF, but it's never summer crowded. I'd go ahead and get your dining reservations, if you haven't already.

**Newly minted VGF DVC members**
gypsydoodlebug is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2013, 10:19 AM   #858
left210
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsydoodlebug View Post
We will be there during that time frame. My husband has an annual conference. They are taking up the entire EPCOT resort complex, including the Swan and Dolphin. All of those are sold out at our convention rate, with spillover to the GF, Poly, WL & AKL. We ended up at the Poly.

EPCOT is usually a little more crowded due to F&WF, but it's never summer crowded. I'd go ahead and get your dining reservations, if you haven't already.
Thanks for the info. I had heard the Garner group would be there at Epcot resorts. That explains why I couldnt get a standard room at WL or AKL.
left210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:20 AM   #859
left210
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisney411 View Post
The second and third weeks of October are generally blacked out for discounts due to the large number of school that are on fall break and the large amount of business conventions that they have at WDW during that timeframe. You will probably get lucky with a check in date of October 5 for a free dining discount, but I would expect moderate crowd levels, as opposed to low crowd levels, for that timeframe.
So if free dining is going on during our check in date of Oct 5 will it apply to our entire reservation or just the days during the free dining dates?
left210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:23 AM   #860
1tufgt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So if free dining is going on during our check in date of Oct 5 will it apply to our entire reservation or just the days during the free dining dates?
Your checkin date must fall within the free dining days and it would apply for 14 days after.

So if you checkin on the last day of free dining you would have it for your entire visit.
9/10 - CSR - Our DD 1st trip to Disney
10/22/11 - 10/30/11 - Pop - With the inlaws their 1st trip
10/28/13 - 11/7/13 - Back to Pop! DD2 1st trip to Disney
1tufgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:24 AM   #861
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:

If you check in by at least the last day of a FD promo, they will apply it to your entire stay, up to 14 nights. Room only discounts are only good for the advertised dates and will not carry over for length of stay.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:26 AM   #862
wdwmaw
planin' next trip

Quote:
Your entire reservation

24 trips and plannin' the next 1
wdwmaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:28 AM   #863
scard192
DIS Veteran

reading through all the people booking September FD makes me realize that I have questions if we get lucky and can get FD or SPD for our 10/16-26 trip booked right now at POFQ, room and tickets. I have 2 rooms booked, one for my family and one for my sister. I made both reservations and charged the deposits to my Disney Visa. If either of these promos come out will I be able to call in and add FD or SPD to my sister's reservation? I will actually be paying in full for both reservations with my Disney Visa to get the rewards and she will pay me back. If it makes any difference I made the reservations over the phone so they are linked and I can see them on the Disney website.

2nd question, when you call to add FD to an existing package I assume you choose the option to change an existing reservation.

Thanks. Hope in a few months we October folks will be booking some promo.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:35 AM   #864
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post
reading through all the people booking September FD makes me realize that I have questions if we get lucky and can get FD or SPD for our 10/16-26 trip booked right now at POFQ, room and tickets. I have 2 rooms booked, one for my family and one for my sister. I made both reservations and charged the deposits to my Disney Visa. If either of these promos come out will I be able to call in and add FD or SPD to my sister's reservation? I will actually be paying in full for both reservations with my Disney Visa to get the rewards and she will pay me back. If it makes any difference I made the reservations over the phone so they are linked and I can see them on the Disney website.

2nd question, when you call to add FD to an existing package I assume you choose the option to change an existing reservation.

Yes, you can add the FD code to your sister's room with your DV card. Yes, you ask to modify an existing reservation. The only blip I see is that most people watching these historical discounts don't think the late October discounts will start until October 18 or later this year. Of course, we won't know for sure until release time on July :-)
Old 05-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #865
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, you can add the FD code to your sister's room with your DV card. Yes, you ask to modify an existing reservation. The only blip I see is that most people watching these historical discounts don't think the late October discounts will start until October 18 or later this year. Of course, we won't know for sure until release time on July :-)
Thanks, and that was a typo we are booked at POFQ for October 19-26.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #866
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Quote:
We're watching for that week as well. Looking at last year, FD was offered starting on 10/19 (or this year's 10/18), so who knows, but that is my hope. We are staying at POR. I know if a promo starts on 10/21 or something, I will probably either book a split stay for the 1st few nights/RO perhaps, maybe a different resort too, just to take advantage of the discount if it's that good. Just as long as it works with picking up park tickets (you can get them up to 3 days before your package starts at the resort). So for you if FD does come out 10/18, possibly RO for 10/16-10/18, FD package (hopefully) 10/18-10/26 - make sense?
If you want to stay at the same resort, you can ask them to link your reservations and hopefully you won't have to change rooms if you book the same room type. But there is a possibility that you might have to change rooms too, just to take advantage of a discount if it starts after your arrival.

Hope that helps!

August/September 2015 ~ POLY
October 2013 ~ CSR/POR

Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal 1995
ColonelHathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:57 AM   #867
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks, and that was a typo we are booked at POFQ for October 19-26.
That is good :-)
Old 05-06-2013, 10:58 AM   #868
DuffGT06
Mouseketeer

What is the likelihood of a code for the week of October 21? Is that after the conferences/fall break?
WDW 1985, Cabins at FW 1988, Daytrip 2002, Music 2004, Movies 2005, Off-site 2006, Off-site 2007, POP 2007, Off-site 2008, POP Oct 2009, Disneyland June 2010, CS Sept 2010, POP Dec 2011, POP Oct 2012, Disneyland Paris Dec 2012, Sports Oct 2013, POR Dec 2013, POP Feb/Mar 2014, Expedition Everest 5K May 2014, AoA Oct 2014, Enchanted 10K Feb 2015.

DuffGT06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:59 AM   #869
TheDisney411
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffGT06 View Post
What is the likelihood of a code for the week of October 21? Is that after the conferences/fall break?
Pretty good :-)
Old 05-06-2013, 11:11 AM   #870
DuffGT06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Pretty good :-)
Awesome, thank you! Was trying to decide if I should wait to book.
WDW 1985, Cabins at FW 1988, Daytrip 2002, Music 2004, Movies 2005, Off-site 2006, Off-site 2007, POP 2007, Off-site 2008, POP Oct 2009, Disneyland June 2010, CS Sept 2010, POP Dec 2011, POP Oct 2012, Disneyland Paris Dec 2012, Sports Oct 2013, POR Dec 2013, POP Feb/Mar 2014, Expedition Everest 5K May 2014, AoA Oct 2014, Enchanted 10K Feb 2015.

DuffGT06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: