Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2013, 12:37 PM   #811
Pikester
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post
Finished up all my ADRs this AM, got everything I wanted (except BOG) at the exact times I wanted.

Now I just need to decide should I book for our dates, Oct 19-26 or wait for a discount. If there is only RO for that week can I had the tickets and DDP? Going with my sis who has little kids and almost all our ADRs are characters meals so it's will be worth it I think even if we have to pay for it.

Do you other October folks already have a hotel ressie made?
Thanks.
We do. We are going whether there is a discount of any kind or not. My DH and I have always wanted to go at this time of the year for MNSSHP and Food & Wine. Any discount will just be a bonus.

Pikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #812
foltzy
Mouseketeer

All ADR's are made. I'm still hoping for a discount. There are 8 of going and a discount would be a huge help.

We're celebrating my college graduation and my birthday. So we're going no matter what but a discount would really help.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2013, 02:25 PM   #813
disneydreamgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18
Today is my 180 day mark and got everything we wanted including BOG but only night available was the for Nov 2 nd the last night of our trip but that's alright
Does anyone know if I cancel the dining plan that I have now will I lose all my ding reservations?
You will not lose your ADR's if you cancel the dining plan.
DCL Fantasy-Oct'14 First-time cruisers!
disneydreamgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:09 PM   #814
Mike&AllisMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Finished up all my ADRs this AM, got everything I wanted (except BOG) at the exact times I wanted.

Now I just need to decide should I book for our dates, Oct 19-26 or wait for a discount. If there is only RO for that week can I had the tickets and DDP? Going with my sis who has little kids and almost all our ADRs are characters meals so it's will be worth it I think even if we have to pay for it.

Thanks.
You can always add tickets & DDP to RO discounts - we have done this on both of our previous visits.

Yes, I have my hotel reservation - Oct 18th - 28th at GF. Really hoping for a discount but will not change anything if I don't get one. I might have minor heart failure though

We were able to get BOG but not the day or time I wanted. I was pretty desperate though & took what was available. Keep checking, something might open up closer to your date.

Wilderness Lodge May 2009
CSR, Grand Floridian May 2011

Wilderness Lodge October 2013
Wilderness Lodge 12/25 - 12/26, Grand Floridian CL 12/26 - 1/5/2015

Mike&AllisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #815
preschoolmom
DIS Veteran

Ouch, We're going Oct 19-26th. DH and I have always wanted to take the kids to MNSSHP... I just looked at the rates for the Poly on Disney's site. Ouch and Double Ouch. $446 for one standard room? Before tax? We've been wanting to try the Poly - and let the kids swim in the Volcano pool and watch the ELP (DH & I just love that hokey thing!)

But at those rates No Way. There will have to be a major room discount involved - or it will be Pop Century again all the way. Free dining would be okay, too - but we're not that big a fan of the Table Service meals... So, we'll just see.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:08 PM   #816
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Quote:

Thanks.
You can add tix and DDP to a room only but it changes the payment terms, fyi. It becomes a package and must be paid in full at the 45 day mark, unlike RO which is paid in full upon arrival.

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
jenjersnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #817
1tufgt
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
Today is my 180 day mark and got everything we wanted including BOG but only night available was the for Nov 2 nd the last night of our trip but that's alright
Does anyone know if I cancel the dining plan that I have now will I lose all my ding reservations?
No, your dining plans are not depending on you having the dining plan. You would just need to pay out of pocket.
9/10 - CSR - Our DD 1st trip to Disney
10/22/11 - 10/30/11 - Pop - With the inlaws their 1st trip
10/28/13 - 11/7/13 - Back to Pop! DD2 1st trip to Disney
1tufgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:38 PM   #818
Deffenm
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks.
Are we able to make ADR's if we don't have a hotel reservation? I thought I had to wait until I had made my hotel reservation before I booked my ADRs. I am worried I won't get what we want because it is past the 180 day mark, however I can't make hotel reservations until Wednesday (bonus payday). It would be great if I can get my ADRs done now.
DD (10)

May 2005 - AsMov
Sept. 2006 - POP
Sept. 2007 - POR
Aug. 2008 - AKL
June. 2010 - CBR (Grand Gathering)
April 2012 - POP
Oct. 2014 - POP
Deffenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #819
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

We're booked at POFQ from Oct 8 - 14. I'm excited because we'll be there on my birthday, which is the 9th. So cool! Plan to spend the whole day in the MK. Right now we've got a AAA rate on the room, but free dining would be nice, so fingers crossed.

DISers who have already gotten BoG ressies, when are you going? I have not been able to get one. At. All. I check daily, but no dice, it is booked solid during my stay.
TarzansKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:40 PM   #820
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffenm View Post
Are we able to make ADR's if we don't have a hotel reservation? I thought I had to wait until I had made my hotel reservation before I booked my ADRs. I am worried I won't get what we want because it is past the 180 day mark, however I can't make hotel reservations until Wednesday (bonus payday). It would be great if I can get my ADRs done now.
If you are within the 180 day window for each date of your planned stay that you want ADRs for, you can make all of your reservations now. Anyone can make ADRs 180 days out. A resort reservation is not required.
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #821
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks.
We have our resort reservation since last August I think, but then rebooked a package in January through AAA. We are going Oct 18-27, and that is pretty much set in stone. We'll rebook if FD or a great offer comes out this summer, but for now we have about 15% off our room and tix. I would have been interested in upgrading or doing a split stay at BC/YC, but looks like there isn't much availability there now except for CL - probably due to F&W on the weekends. With the length of our stay it's not something we've budgeted for, so POR it is, maybe with AKL for 2 nights if we can swing it as things get closer.

However, that also allowed us to do the 180+10 ADRs on 4/22 and were able to get BOG on our +9 day. In talking to some CMs when we booked out F! dining package, it sounds like it's pretty much the only way to get BOG now - online 6am at the end of the +10, i.e., book it well into your vacation on the 1st day you are allowed to book. Seems so crazy. On the other hand I did spot CRT availability mid-week last week, so that might be easier to come by if it interests you or your kids. We are already doing Akershus and DS was opposed to another princess meal, so we lucked out on that.

August/September 2015 ~ POLY
October 2013 ~ CSR/POR

Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal 1995
ColonelHathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 04:27 PM   #822
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelHathi View Post
We have our resort reservation since last August I think, but then rebooked a package in January through AAA. We are going Oct 18-27, and that is pretty much set in stone. We'll rebook if FD or a great offer comes out this summer, but for now we have about 15% off our room and tix. I would have been interested in upgrading or doing a split stay at BC/YC, but looks like there isn't much availability there now except for CL - probably due to F&W on the weekends. With the length of our stay it's not something we've budgeted for, so POR it is, maybe with AKL for 2 nights if we can swing it as things get closer.

However, that also allowed us to do the 180+10 ADRs on 4/22 and were able to get BOG on our +9 day. In talking to some CMs when we booked out F! dining package, it sounds like it's pretty much the only way to get BOG now - online 6am at the end of the +10, i.e., book it well into your vacation on the 1st day you are allowed to book. Seems so crazy. On the other hand I did spot CRT availability mid-week last week, so that might be easier to come by if it interests you or your kids. We are already doing Akershus and DS was opposed to another princess meal, so we lucked out on that.
Thanks. We have CM, CRT, F!, 1900PF, Akerhaus and CP. Maybe too much character dining for some but the trip is for the little ones. I am going to keep trying for BOG and maybe I will get lucky. If not there is always lunch.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:32 PM   #823
sare
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by preschoolmom View Post
Ouch, We're going Oct 19-26th. DH and I have always wanted to take the kids to MNSSHP... I just looked at the rates for the Poly on Disney's site. Ouch and Double Ouch. $446 for one standard room? Before tax? We've been wanting to try the Poly - and let the kids swim in the Volcano pool and watch the ELP (DH & I just love that hokey thing!)

But at those rates No Way. There will have to be a major room discount involved - or it will be Pop Century again all the way. Free dining would be okay, too - but we're not that big a fan of the Table Service meals... So, we'll just see.
If you end up at Pop you should book a dinner at the Cali Grill during fireworks and you can watch the electrical parade go by as well. We did this last year and it was fantastic.
sare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:50 PM   #824
SlightlyocdDisneyfan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sare View Post
If you end up at Pop you should book a dinner at the Cali Grill during fireworks and you can watch the electrical parade go by as well. We did this last year and it was fantastic.
One of our favorite places to watch fireworks too!

Right now, California Grill isn't accepting ADRs for October, because they are in the middle of a refurb. Rumors I've heard say it may not be open for October, but there is a thread you can subscribe to in order to watch for ADR's opening up again. Fingers crossed it opens for our trips!

1995 - All Star Resort; 2000 - Dixie Landing; 2004 - Coronado Springs; 2007 - Polynesian; 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside; 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside; 2013 - Polynesian; 2015 - Planning for Aulani; Plus more trips to Disneyland than could be counted!!
SlightlyocdDisneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:28 PM   #825
friend2Figment
Mouseketeer

I received a pin snail mail for dates up to 8/14/13. Has anyone heard of pins by email or snail main for dates in Oct or Nov, for room only? Hoping for something better than the AAA rate.
friend2Figment is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: