Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-14-2013, 05:22 PM   #631
Kat016
DIS Veteran
 
Kat016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pottstown, Pa
Posts: 2,694

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfan1977 View Post
New castle.... Flights was 49 per person per way!
That's crazy good! I've found nothing cheaper than $1100 for 4 people...hmmm...we may commute! Lol
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:52 PM   #632
Kat016
DIS Veteran
 
Kat016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pottstown, Pa
Posts: 2,694

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post

That's crazy good! I've found nothing cheaper than $1100 for 4 people...hmmm...we may commute! Lol
I found 1 flight. The leaving to go to Orlando is fine but the departure time is too early,
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #633
amccu18007
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfan1977 View Post
Omg.... I'm so glad you benefitted from the post! What dates are you going?
The first through the 8th. They only run on Tuesdays and Saturdays's and I just couldn't pull the kids out for longer. I am super happy though, thanks so much for the post!!!Yahoo!!!
__________________
Amanda DH DS 15 DS 8 DD 6
March 11-19, 2009 CSR,March 10-18, 2010 POLY March 2-10,2011 BEACH CLUB, October 23-29,2011 BEACH CLUB March 13-22,2012 Offsite, October 3-6 2012 YACHT CLUB- Presidential suite!!! Whoo-hoo!! October 1-8 2013 POR (First trip for my parents!)June 23-27, 2014 CONTEMPORARY, Oct 17-24, 2014 YACHT CLUB

amccu18007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:04 PM   #634
amccu18007
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
I found 1 flight. The leaving to go to Orlando is fine but the departure time is too early,
Spend the night....it will still be cheaper! I was $1000 for 7 people non stop!!!
__________________
Amanda DH DS 15 DS 8 DD 6
March 11-19, 2009 CSR,March 10-18, 2010 POLY March 2-10,2011 BEACH CLUB, October 23-29,2011 BEACH CLUB March 13-22,2012 Offsite, October 3-6 2012 YACHT CLUB- Presidential suite!!! Whoo-hoo!! October 1-8 2013 POR (First trip for my parents!)June 23-27, 2014 CONTEMPORARY, Oct 17-24, 2014 YACHT CLUB

amccu18007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:38 PM   #635
Kat016
DIS Veteran
 
Kat016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pottstown, Pa
Posts: 2,694

Quote:
Originally Posted by amccu18007 View Post

Spend the night....it will still be cheaper! I was $1000 for 7 people non stop!!!
I Found airfare for $814 for 4 of us. Leaving new castle de at 7:30 to go to Orlando and than leaving Orlando back to new castle at 10:30. We just have to change our trip to a 7 day park hopper instead of an 8 day and change our dining plan to 7 days.
I was going to leave out of Philly or BWI but leaving out of New Castle is saving me $300. And ill be saving more dropping my park hopping and dining plan down a day.
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:52 PM   #636
amccu18007
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
I Found airfare for $814 for 4 of us. Leaving new castle de at 7:30 to go to Orlando and than leaving Orlando back to new castle at 10:30. We just have to change our trip to a 7 day park hopper instead of an 8 day and change our dining plan to 7 days.
I was going to leave out of Philly or BWI but leaving out of New Castle is saving me $300. And ill be saving more dropping my park hopping and dining plan down a day.
You don't have to upgrade your ticket. Pick one of the options, scroll down and at the bottom of the page hit continue. It doesn't add the upgrades. Don't know if you realized that. $205 a ticket is still one heck of a deal! I was so excited to read this. It totally made my day. I hope that you can work out the details to make it work for you
__________________
Amanda DH DS 15 DS 8 DD 6
March 11-19, 2009 CSR,March 10-18, 2010 POLY March 2-10,2011 BEACH CLUB, October 23-29,2011 BEACH CLUB March 13-22,2012 Offsite, October 3-6 2012 YACHT CLUB- Presidential suite!!! Whoo-hoo!! October 1-8 2013 POR (First trip for my parents!)June 23-27, 2014 CONTEMPORARY, Oct 17-24, 2014 YACHT CLUB

amccu18007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:59 PM   #637
LikeSeriously
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfan1977 View Post
Hi everyone
We just did something completely backwards....

We found flights out of our state (Delaware) on Frontier airlines for 450.00 total for all 4 of us non stop round trip..... SO WE BOOKED THEM.

Now we just have to figure out where we are staying and we are praying for FREE DINING. Though everything I am reading says there won't be free dining.

Anyone have any intel on whether its gonna happen this year? So excited and I can hardly contain myself....
In my opinion, I haven't read anything that makes me feel like it won't happen when it normally does. I think it's just people talking to make it seem like they know something. When I searched older threads about to, it seems like people say it won't happen every year.
LikeSeriously is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:03 PM   #638
Kat016
DIS Veteran
 
Kat016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pottstown, Pa
Posts: 2,694

Quote:
Originally Posted by amccu18007 View Post

You don't have to upgrade your ticket. Pick one of the options, scroll down and at the bottom of the page hit continue. It doesn't add the upgrades. Don't know if you realized that. $205 a ticket is still one heck of a deal! I was so excited to read this. It totally made my day. I hope that you can work out the details to make it work for you
I was going to book my flight but my computer isn't working right now a friend of ours is trying to fix things....of course! Lol I'm booking that trip ASAP.
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:05 PM   #639
Disneyfan1977
DIS Veteran
 
Disneyfan1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 666

I booked mine on my phone .... Can you try that? They are going quick... We didn't get our first choice....
__________________
ME DH DD12 DS9


[CENTER]Polynesian 1979, Polynesian 1981, Polynesian 1983, Polynesian 1985, Polynesian 1986, Polyneisan 1988, Polynesian 1990, Beach Club 1992, Wilderness Lodge 1995, Off Property 1996 (senior class trip), Off Property 1997 (work related), Wilderness Lodge 1998, Polynesian 1999, Grand Floridian 2007, Pop & Beach Club Villas 2008Fort Wilderness Cabins 20092011 Port Orleans French Quarter
Disneyfan1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:10 PM   #640
amccu18007
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfan1977 View Post
I booked mine on my phone .... Can you try that? They are going quick... We didn't get our first choice....
When are you guys going?
__________________
Amanda DH DS 15 DS 8 DD 6
March 11-19, 2009 CSR,March 10-18, 2010 POLY March 2-10,2011 BEACH CLUB, October 23-29,2011 BEACH CLUB March 13-22,2012 Offsite, October 3-6 2012 YACHT CLUB- Presidential suite!!! Whoo-hoo!! October 1-8 2013 POR (First trip for my parents!)June 23-27, 2014 CONTEMPORARY, Oct 17-24, 2014 YACHT CLUB

amccu18007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:12 PM   #641
Kat016
DIS Veteran
 
Kat016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pottstown, Pa
Posts: 2,694

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfan1977 View Post
I booked mine on my phone .... Can you try that? They are going quick... We didn't get our first choice....
My computers working...if it wasn't up tonight, I was going to donut through my phone. I only have 1 choice...
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:45 PM   #642
Kat016
DIS Veteran
 
Kat016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pottstown, Pa
Posts: 2,694

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfan1977 View Post
Hi everyone
We just did something completely backwards....

We found flights out of our state (Delaware) on Frontier airlines for 450.00 total for all 4 of us non stop round trip..... SO WE BOOKED THEM.

Now we just have to figure out where we are staying and we are praying for FREE DINING. Though everything I am reading says there won't be free dining.

Anyone have any intel on whether its gonna happen this year? So excited and I can hardly contain myself....
Thank you!!!!!!! I booked my flight tonight out of new castle...$814 for 4 of us round trip!! I would have never known this if it wasn't for your post
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:20 PM   #643
Disneyfan1977
DIS Veteran
 
Disneyfan1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 666

No problem! I thought everyone knew about this great deal! Happy others are traveling out of little ole delaware. Hopefully other airlines will come here too!
__________________
ME DH DD12 DS9


[CENTER]Polynesian 1979, Polynesian 1981, Polynesian 1983, Polynesian 1985, Polynesian 1986, Polyneisan 1988, Polynesian 1990, Beach Club 1992, Wilderness Lodge 1995, Off Property 1996 (senior class trip), Off Property 1997 (work related), Wilderness Lodge 1998, Polynesian 1999, Grand Floridian 2007, Pop & Beach Club Villas 2008Fort Wilderness Cabins 20092011 Port Orleans French Quarter
Disneyfan1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:28 PM   #644
Kat016
DIS Veteran
 
Kat016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pottstown, Pa
Posts: 2,694

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfan1977 View Post
No problem! I thought everyone knew about this great deal! Happy others are traveling out of little ole delaware. Hopefully other airlines will come here too!
I live about an hour west of Philly. So I tacked another 15-30 minutes onto our ride but it's worth it for the savings. I called the airport tonight too because I didnt know if I could park there for the week. We can, right now its free but they may be charging by october. We're bouncing around the idea of maybe getting a room for the night before we leave near the airport too.
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:55 PM   #645
Disneyfan1977
DIS Veteran
 
Disneyfan1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 666

Be careful where you get a room. Don't rent a room in zip 19720. Shoot for Newark de and drive the 5 minutes to the airport. Decent hotels are the Marriott courtyard, red roof inn, Hilton, but do stay away from rt13/ DuPont highway or anything on rt 9
__________________
ME DH DD12 DS9


[CENTER]Polynesian 1979, Polynesian 1981, Polynesian 1983, Polynesian 1985, Polynesian 1986, Polyneisan 1988, Polynesian 1990, Beach Club 1992, Wilderness Lodge 1995, Off Property 1996 (senior class trip), Off Property 1997 (work related), Wilderness Lodge 1998, Polynesian 1999, Grand Floridian 2007, Pop & Beach Club Villas 2008Fort Wilderness Cabins 20092011 Port Orleans French Quarter
Disneyfan1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: