Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 07:57 AM   #571
LauraJean
Mouseketeer

We all dressed up last time-was fun. Dh, myself and my 12 year old already decided we are going to get a Disney Halloween shirt and she wants a head piece. My 9 year old and turning 3 year old will prob dress up but still on the fence there.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #572
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

I love, love, love dressing up for the Halloween parties!

In the past, DH and I have been Captain Jack and Elizabeth, and dressed our son as a pirate. We've actually never been to a Halloween party as a family of four, and when we go with the kids we do like to do a group costume.

My older son came up with the idea of us all being characters from Star Wars. So far, he wants to be R2. He wants the little guy to be R4. For those who don't know, one's blue and one's green. My husband will be a Jedi, and I'm waffling as to whether or not to be a Jedi (in the brown cloak) or do a more complicated costume.

I can just picture us, light sabers "blazing" with our little droids in front of the castle.
TarzansKat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-06-2013, 11:25 AM   #573
TarrahA
Mouseketeer

I have a total party of 7 on our trip, so I'm thinking it'd be really fun to have everyone dress as a group theme but not sure if I'll be able to find something everyone will agree with! My idea is to pick a Disney movie & be characters from it, but not leading role. Ex: snow white - we'd be the 7 dwarfs. beauty & beast - we'd be clock, cup, beast, broom, etc but not belle. Reason being that we can dress up as supporting characters & then get a really great photo with the leading character to complete the group. Challenge would be to pick a movie everyone can find a character they want to be =/ And does anyone know which villians will be available for photos? It'd be equally as fun to dress up & get photo with leading characters & also get a photo with the accompanying bad guy
TarrahA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:02 PM   #574
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarrahA View Post
I have a total party of 7 on our trip, so I'm thinking it'd be really fun to have everyone dress as a group theme but not sure if I'll be able to find something everyone will agree with! My idea is to pick a Disney movie & be characters from it, but not leading role. Ex: snow white - we'd be the 7 dwarfs. beauty & beast - we'd be clock, cup, beast, broom, etc but not belle. Reason being that we can dress up as supporting characters & then get a really great photo with the leading character to complete the group. Challenge would be to pick a movie everyone can find a character they want to be =/ And does anyone know which villians will be available for photos? It'd be equally as fun to dress up & get photo with leading characters & also get a photo with the accompanying bad guy
Toy Story has tons of characters to choose from. In 2011, we went as Toy Story 3 Ken, Barbie, Jessie and Woody. We had a blast. We were even given a task to complete by Woody.
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #575
titansgal
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Pikester, I've been thinking the same! My dates are 9/29-10/05. I was thinking we'd catch MNSSHP & F&W since both will be in the first week of commencement, but now I'm wondering if there's anything special about later dates that should be considered...does the action get better as it winds down??? I'm sitting anxious enough as it is without this, lol
Your dates are perfect! The crowds at the earlier MNSSHP are much lighter at earlier dates . We go every year around the beginning of October and the crowds are great. We arrive the Saturday before Columbus Day weekend for 10 nights and leave the day after Columbus Day. The whole trip is usually low crowds for almost the whole trip. Columbus Day weekend is busy, but not unmanageable. The weather will be perfect too. We will be there October 5-15 this year and I can't wait
titansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:49 PM   #576
LauraJean
Mouseketeer

I find it odd there was a pin code for NOV posted in the Nov. thread already and none I've seen for oct posted??
Old 04-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #577
TarrahA
Mouseketeer

Smitch, that's a good idea, thanks!! I hadn't even thought of toys story, there are alot of characters in those to choose from - definitely putting it on the list!

titansgal, that's great to hear, thanks! We made up our plans already & we have two full days at MK, only one each at HS & EP. On the day of MNSSHP we're doing AK in the morning, so crowd levels will be important to our success especially on that day. Good to know it should be low!
TarrahA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:46 AM   #578
Pikester
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Smitch, that's a good idea, thanks!! I hadn't even thought of toys story, there are alot of characters in those to choose from - definitely putting it on the list!

titansgal, that's great to hear, thanks! We made up our plans already & we have two full days at MK, only one each at HS & EP. On the day of MNSSHP we're doing AK in the morning, so crowd levels will be important to our success especially on that day. Good to know it should be low!
We are also planning to do AK the day that we do MNSSHP. Fingers crossed that there is a party on 10/4 which is the date I'm looking at.

Pikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:15 AM   #579
suetoo
Mouseketeer

We are also planning to do AK the day that we do MNSSHP. Fingers crossed that there is a party on 10/4 which is the date I'm looking at.[/QUOTE]

Look at the park hours for that week.. They are up! If MK closes at 7pm them there is a party! I think there might be....
suetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:24 AM   #580
Pikester
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by suetoo View Post
We are also planning to do AK the day that we do MNSSHP. Fingers crossed that there is a party on 10/4 which is the date I'm looking at.
Look at the park hours for that week.. They are up! If MK closes at 7pm them there is a party! I think there might be....[/QUOTE]

I did do that and MK is closing at 7pm. But you never know.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:20 PM   #581
melissac
DIS Veteran

Going to jump on. We need one night prior o checking into OKW and would love a pin instead of staying off site one night.

Offsite 1978, DL offsite 1991 NYE, WDW offsite 1995, CBC and DC 2001, POFQ 2006, Purchased DVC 2006, OKW May 2007, CBC Dec. 2007, SSR Jan. 2008,OKW Oct 2008, AS Movies Jan 2009, HRH & THV Oct 2009, BWV Sept 2010, RPR, SSR & OKW Jan 2011, OKW & DLR Dec 2012, OKW Oct 2013
melissac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:55 PM   #582
suetoo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikester View Post

Look at the park hours for that week.. They are up! If MK closes at 7pm them there is a party! I think there might be....
I did do that and MK is closing at 7pm. But you never know. [/QUOTE]

There will be a party that day then. Unless they change the pattern from the past several years.... No other reason to close MK Early!!! I think you are good. I did the same for our trip!! Booked am early dinner at BOG before the party. Now just buy the tix when they come out in May!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #583
Pikester
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by suetoo View Post
I did do that and MK is closing at 7pm. But you never know.
There will be a party that day then. Unless they change the pattern from the past several years.... No other reason to close MK Early!!! I think you are good. I did the same for our trip!! Booked am early dinner at BOG before the party. Now just buy the tix when they come out in May!!![/QUOTE]

They should be out now! (Stomps foot)

I guess it's good for me to be patient.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:58 AM   #584
suetoo
Mouseketeer

They should be out now! (Stomps foot)

I guess it's good for me to be patient.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way!!!
Old 04-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #585
melissac
DIS Veteran

If I remember correctly parties are from 7-12 right? Just trying to plan our diners and days at which park.

Offsite 1978, DL offsite 1991 NYE, WDW offsite 1995, CBC and DC 2001, POFQ 2006, Purchased DVC 2006, OKW May 2007, CBC Dec. 2007, SSR Jan. 2008,OKW Oct 2008, AS Movies Jan 2009, HRH & THV Oct 2009, BWV Sept 2010, RPR, SSR & OKW Jan 2011, OKW & DLR Dec 2012, OKW Oct 2013
melissac is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: