Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 03:52 PM   #526
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post

October calendar has been released. The days MK closes at 7 is a pretty good indicator when the party will be.
Awesome! We're going from Oct 26th until Nov 2nd and plan on going to MNSSHP on Halloween night.
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #527
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

WooHoo!!! Just booked our flight and saved $200!! So now we are going to extend our stay another day!! Going from the 10/29 to 11/4, now just hoping for a room discount or FD, either way we will save $$$ and it might even be enough to upgrade hotels! So excited!!

Lindaland is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2013, 09:26 PM   #528
freckles04
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalea View Post
My trip dates are Oct 19-26 (with some wiggle room, although not a lot), so I've been checking this thread on and off.

From reading other speculative posts, I'm hearing that they expect free dining from late Aug to late Sept. Is there a general thinking as to what discount might be available for Oct? Seems like maybe fingers crossed for FD but perhaps only a room discount?
also would love a prediction for this! On MouseSavers historical discounts, looks like FD was offered for my travel dates (now Oct 6-13) the last 3 years. Honestly wondering why the prediction is for August and September only?? (I'm sure y'all know something I don't... I'm relatively a complete newbie!)

freckles04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #529
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by freckles04 View Post
also would love a prediction for this! On MouseSavers historical discounts, looks like FD was offered for my travel dates (now Oct 6-13) the last 3 years. Honestly wondering why the prediction is for August and September only?? (I'm sure y'all know something I don't... I'm relatively a complete newbie!)
I have talked to cast members twice and they have said each time to check around July for discounts later in Oct/Nov. Which is hard since patience is not my strongest suit! Guess its time to learn some!

Hope this helps

Lindaland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #530
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by freckles04 View Post
Mousesavers doesn't show the blackout dates for the deals, but the historical info is good to use for past release dates. Last year's free dining dates for Oct. we're Oct. 1-4 and Oct. 19-31. The 2011 dates were similar. The middle of October is blacked out from most offers. There is no way to know what discounts will be available this year. You will see them here on Disboards well in advance of going live.

The Aug/Sept free dining is somewhat predictable because they offered a bounceback for that time period, and it is the original timeframe for the offer. That timeframe is considered "late summer". The "fall" offer is for Oct-Dec, and typically comes out in July or early August. It will be a few months before we hear anything for October.
smitch425 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:40 PM   #531
heatherbynum
Peace, Love, Disney & Hanson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
Awesome! We're going from Oct 26th until Nov 2nd and plan on going to MNSSHP on Halloween night.
We will be there til the 3rd and doing MNSSHP on Halloween night as well
Old 04-04-2013, 05:29 AM   #532
nat8199
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Mousesavers doesn't show the blackout dates for the deals, but the historical info is good to use for past release dates. Last year's free dining dates for Oct. we're Oct. 1-4 and Oct. 19-31. The 2011 dates were similar. The middle of October is blacked out from most offers. There is no way to know what discounts will be available this year. You will see them here on Disboards well in advance of going live.

The Aug/Sept free dining is somewhat predictable because they offered a bounceback for that time period, and it is the original timeframe for the offer. That timeframe is considered "late summer". The "fall" offer is for Oct-Dec, and typically comes out in July or early August. It will be a few months before we hear anything for October.

This is correct. The blackout dates for Oct are around Columbus day. Columbus Day is later in the month this year, so I am hoping that my dates, which are similar to yours, will have FD offered.

Too many pre-family to count!

Me - 32 DH - 34 DD - 4 DS - 3 DS - 3
nat8199 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:37 AM   #533
Pikester
DIS Veteran

So many are going in later Oct to Nov. DH and I are going Oct 1-9 and I keep wondering what we are missing. Hopefully, not much.

Pikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:08 AM   #534
TarrahA
Mouseketeer

Pikester, I've been thinking the same! My dates are 9/29-10/05. I was thinking we'd catch MNSSHP & F&W since both will be in the first week of commencement, but now I'm wondering if there's anything special about later dates that should be considered...does the action get better as it winds down??? I'm sitting anxious enough as it is without this, lol
TarrahA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:45 AM   #535
shenaniganzz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post
I have talked to cast members twice and they have said each time to check around July for discounts later in Oct/Nov. Which is hard since patience is not my strongest suit! Guess its time to learn some!

Hope this helps
This is me! We're going from Oct. 27th to the 4th and not knowing about FD is driving me a bit crazy.

shenaniganzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:27 AM   #536
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenaniganzz View Post

This is me! We're going from Oct. 27th to the 4th and not knowing about FD is driving me a bit crazy.
We're going from Oct 26th until the 2nd...I'm waiting "patiently" for FD
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:50 AM   #537
tatorswife
Look out Disney :)

We are booked October 6th-12th..Hoping for free dining also..will keep watching with everyone else.

me and dh, ds(15), and ds(13)
tatorswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #538
4butlers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikester View Post
So many are going in later Oct to Nov. DH and I are going Oct 1-9 and I keep wondering what we are missing. Hopefully, not much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarrahA View Post
Pikester, I've been thinking the same! My dates are 9/29-10/05. I was thinking we'd catch MNSSHP & F&W since both will be in the first week of commencement, but now I'm wondering if there's anything special about later dates that should be considered...does the action get better as it winds down??? I'm sitting anxious enough as it is without this, lol
We're going 10/26-11/2 so we can be there on Halloween, that's all.

2003-DLR; 2004-DLR; 2006-DLR
2011-WDW POR; 2011-DCL Dream Bahamas
2013-WDW POR; 2013-DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
4butlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:09 PM   #539
SEASONK
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat8199 View Post
This is correct. The blackout dates for Oct are around Columbus day. Columbus Day is later in the month this year, so I am hoping that my dates, which are similar to yours, will have FD offered.
I am hoping for the same thing. We were able to take advantage of free dining last year, but I had to change our dates and pull my son out of school 2 days. I am hoping I won't have to do that this year. We are planning on going October 6 - October 10.
WL ~ Dec 2010
CBR ~ Oct 2012
SEASONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:57 PM   #540
Minckemom
Earning My Ears

In the past, during the Columbus Day blackout dates, was that blacked out for FD or all discounts?
Minckemom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: