Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 11:36 AM   #511
weinerranchers
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalea View Post
My trip dates are Oct 19-26 (with some wiggle room, although not a lot), so I've been checking this thread on and off.

From reading other speculative posts, I'm hearing that they expect free dining from late Aug to late Sept. Is there a general thinking as to what discount might be available for Oct? Seems like maybe fingers crossed for FD but perhaps only a room discount?
We are going on the exact same dates! I keep checking the thread also. Weren't any good deals when we booked so hoping we can get something! Where are you staying?

weinerranchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #512
Kalea
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinerranchers View Post
We are going on the exact same dates! I keep checking the thread also. Weren't any good deals when we booked so hoping we can get something! Where are you staying?
I'm currently booked at POR (through AAA, in fact). But I'm trying not to get too attached to the idea in case discounts come out and I end up switching. I'm right there with you hoping for something!

Where are you booked?
Register to remove

Old 04-02-2013, 12:48 PM   #513
weinerranchers
Earning My Ears

This is our first time staying on property! We are booked at AoA. My son is 3 so it is his first trip and our first trip with a child. Feels like a first time trip to us!!

Old 04-02-2013, 01:18 PM   #514
mythreeboys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinerranchers View Post
This is our first time staying on property! We are booked at AoA. My son is 3 so it is his first trip and our first trip with a child. Feels like a first time trip to us!!
We are staying at AoA oct 19-24th. I have 7,6, and 4 year old boys! 4th trip for the older boys, 2nd for my youngest.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:45 PM   #515
emefoe823
Earning My Ears

We are also staying at AOA October 19 - 25!!!! First trip with DH, DD7 and DD2!!!!
emefoe823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #516
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
AAA wouldn't give me a discount but Disney would have on room only for being a AAA member, but I wanted to purchase a package so I passed it up. I think it was like 15% or something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
Oh ok....we booked a pkg too so I guess it wouldn't help me either. I'm hoping Disney has a dining discount. That's the discount that will really help me out
Quote:
Originally Posted by suetoo View Post
I booked through AAA as Disney offered no AAA discount when we booked in January. The discount through AAA was 15% RO which for 2 lagoon view rooms at BC worked out to a $1200 savings!!! I will take it ESP if nothing better comes along! If it does, they will apply the difference. I was able to book the while package through AAA.
Quote:
Interesting how our experiences were flip flopped! My discount would have been in the 200's. But with any luck, a Fall room discount or FD will will come out which will be bigger savings.
My discount on the RO (booked through Disney) was 15%, same with a package that we rebooked with AAA TA, and the tix were also discounted slightly - it's something for now. The extra $100 refund they were offering with the pay off helped too - saved about another 3-4% that way. Needed it to offset airfare. I really hope FD is offered, or at least a great deal with the DDP that would offset a rack rate room for the pkg. If a new package deal with dining is more than $500 what we've paid with the discounted room and tix with AAA, I'd be better off paying OOP for dining.

CSR October 2013, POR October 2013
Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal circa 1995
ColonelHathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:29 PM   #517
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelHathi View Post

My discount on the RO (booked through Disney) was 15%, same with a package that we rebooked with AAA TA, and the tix were also discounted slightly - it's something for now. The extra $100 refund they were offering with the pay off helped too - saved about another 3-4% that way. Needed it to offset airfare. I really hope FD is offered, or at least a great deal with the DDP that would offset a rack rate room for the pkg. If a new package deal with dining is more than $500 what we've paid with the discounted room and tix with AAA, I'd be better off paying OOP for dining.
They offer a discount on the DDP?
Old 04-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #518
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
They offer a discount on the DDP?
I think they are referring to a discount like the stay, play and dine offer. The last s/p/d offer was that adults paid child prices for tickets and dining plans.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #519
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post

I think they are referring to a discount like the stay, play and dine offer. The last s/p/d offer was that adults paid child prices for tickets and dining plans.
Ahh, ok.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #520
weinerranchers
Earning My Ears

That is awesome! I'm sure we will all run into eachother at the pool or something!!

Old 04-02-2013, 03:57 PM   #521
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Yup, this. SPD offer IF it is available MIGHT be better, might not. Has to be only about $500 more from what we are paying MAX to be worth it, otherwise we'd be better paying OOP for food. (Can you tell DH is an accountant! ) We're planning to hit Publix and/or Walmart anyway for a few snacks, water, MT Dew for DH, etc, and will probably eat off-property a few times as well for a change of pace.

CSR October 2013, POR October 2013
Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal circa 1995
ColonelHathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:33 PM   #522
disneycrazi
watch your head and step as you disembark

Quote:
Originally Posted by emefoe823 View Post
We are also staying at AOA October 19 - 25!!!! First trip with DH, DD7 and DD2!!!!
We will be at AOA 18th thru 20th...then Poly 20th thru 25th! Soooo excited!
(2003 Day Trip) (2009 April All Star Movies) (2009 September Port Orleans Riverside) (2010 April Caribbean Beach) (2010 Sept Grand Gathering POFQ) (2011 Jan Contemporary) (2011 April All Star Music) (2011 July POP Century) (2012 January All Star Sports)
(2012 Feb One More Disney Day Coronado Springs)
(2012 Sept Animal Kingdom Jambo) (2013 March Old Key West) (2013 October Art Of Animation, Polynesian)
(2014 April off site Fountains Resort)
disneycrazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:05 PM   #523
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

Still hoping there is going to be some sort of discount for our Oct/Nov trip!! However waiting for the July announcement (if there is one) is killing us!

Lindaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:26 PM   #524
Deffenm
DIS Veteran

We are moving our Aug. trip to Oct. 16-20 and plan to stay at AoA as well. This will actually just be a mommy/daughter trip as my boys have other committments. I am so excited because we are going to do MNSSHP (hopefully waiting on dates to be released), plus the food and wine fest.
DD (10)

May 2005 - AsMov
Sept. 2006 - POP
Sept. 2007 - POR
Aug. 2008 - AKL
June. 2010 - CBR (Grand Gathering)
April 2012 - POP
Dec. 2014 - AoA
Deffenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:29 PM   #525
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffenm View Post
We are moving our Aug. trip to Oct. 16-20 and plan to stay at AoA as well. This will actually just be a mommy/daughter trip as my boys have other committments. I am so excited because we are going to do MNSSHP (hopefully waiting on dates to be released), plus the food and wine fest.
October calendar has been released. The days MK closes at 7 is a pretty good indicator when the party will be.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: