Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2013, 04:30 PM   #496
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Paying a good chunk off tomorrow! I don't want to pay it all off in case if a room discount ( if there isn't FD)..now if these pesky flights would go down so I can book the flights!!!
Old 04-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #497
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
Paying a good chunk off tomorrow! I don't want to pay it all off in case if a room discount ( if there isn't FD)..now if these pesky flights would go down so I can book the flights!!!
If you pay your whole trip off and they offer the discounts, you can still redeem them right? I'm probably paying my trip off within the week.
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #498
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post

If you pay your whole trip off and they offer the discounts, you can still redeem them right? I'm probably paying my trip off within the week.
Yeah you'll get refunded the difference! I'm just holding off to avoid going through the refund process is all!
Old 04-01-2013, 07:01 PM   #499
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yeah you'll get refunded the difference! I'm just holding off to avoid going through the refund process is all!
Oh ok...I'm paying it off that way it's done. I just have to book my airfare....
Old 04-01-2013, 07:46 PM   #500
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016

I paid off our room/tix pkg off on 3/15 to take advantage of a AAA offer that refunded $100, along with the AAA discounts. According to the TA if a better discount comes along before Oct like FD, or if we want to change things before the 45 day window, we can still do so.

August/September 2015 ~ POLY
October 2013 ~ CSR/POR

Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal 1995
ColonelHathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:20 PM   #501
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelHathi View Post

I paid off our room/tix pkg off on 3/15 to take advantage of a AAA offer that refunded $100, along with the AAA discounts. According to the TA if a better discount comes along before Oct like FD, or if we want to change things before the 45 day window, we can still do so.
Do you have to book through AAA to get their discounts or do you just have to be a member?
Old 04-01-2013, 08:53 PM   #502
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer

You just have to be a member for their room discounts and pkg discounts, we had called WDW directly before going with the TA and had a RO discount with AAA. But booking with the AAA TA gave us the extra $100 off the balance on a pd off pkg (room and tix discounted too) because that was a deal they were offering at the time. It made no difference since we have the $$ set aside, but we also used our Disney Visa for the pts, so we have the 6 months 0% vacation financing if we want to use that. We can still make changes, any upgrades we might want to make, take advantage of new discounts, etc. The res is held by WDW, which is also comforting in case we need to make changes - it also allows us to book our ADRs directly.

August/September 2015 ~ POLY
October 2013 ~ CSR/POR

Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal 1995
ColonelHathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:56 PM   #503
freckles04
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info on swimming in October! Very helpful and put my mind at ease!

freckles04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #504
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelHathi View Post
You just have to be a member for their room discounts and pkg discounts, we had called WDW directly before going with the TA and had a RO discount with AAA. But booking with the AAA TA gave us the extra $100 off the balance on a pd off pkg (room and tix discounted too) because that was a deal they were offering at the time. It made no difference since we have the $$ set aside, but we also used our Disney Visa for the pts, so we have the 6 months 0% vacation financing if we want to use that. We can still make changes, any upgrades we might want to make, take advantage of new discounts, etc. The res is held by WDW, which is also comforting in case we need to make changes - it also allows us to book our ADRs directly.
Hmm...ok...ill have to call AAA tomorrow and see if I can get any discounts applied. I thought you had to book through AAA in order to benefit their discounts.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #505
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post

Hmm...ok...ill have to call AAA tomorrow and see if I can get any discounts applied. I thought you had to book through AAA in order to benefit their discounts.
AAA wouldn't give me a discount but Disney would have on room only for being a AAA member, but I wanted to purchase a package so I passed it up. I think it was like 15% or something.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:43 PM   #506
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:

AAA wouldn't give me a discount but Disney would have on room only for being a AAA member, but I wanted to purchase a package so I passed it up. I think it was like 15% or something.
Oh ok....we booked a pkg too so I guess it wouldn't help me either. I'm hoping Disney has a dining discount. That's the discount that will really help me out
Old 04-01-2013, 11:11 PM   #507
LauraJean
Mouseketeer

We have not Been since Oct.2009 and we go back 17-27 of Oct this year. Hope a discount comes along to make it even better
Old 04-02-2013, 06:48 AM   #508
Kalea
Mouseketeer

My trip dates are Oct 19-26 (with some wiggle room, although not a lot), so I've been checking this thread on and off.

From reading other speculative posts, I'm hearing that they expect free dining from late Aug to late Sept. Is there a general thinking as to what discount might be available for Oct? Seems like maybe fingers crossed for FD but perhaps only a room discount?
Old 04-02-2013, 07:59 AM   #509
suetoo
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I booked through AAA as Disney offered no AAA discount when we booked in January. The discount through AAA was 15% RO which for 2 lagoon view rooms at BC worked out to a $1200 savings!!! I will take it ESP if nothing better comes along! If it does, they will apply the difference. I was able to book the while package through AAA.
suetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:11 AM   #510
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by suetoo View Post

I booked through AAA as Disney offered no AAA discount when we booked in January. The discount through AAA was 15% RO which for 2 lagoon view rooms at BC worked out to a $1200 savings!!! I will take it ESP if nothing better comes along! If it does, they will apply the difference. I was able to book the while package through AAA.
Interesting how our experiences were flip flopped! My discount would have been in the 200's. But with any luck, a Fall room discount or FD will will come out which will be bigger savings.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: