Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 10:05 PM   #481
djamesdisney1st
Earning My Ears

We are booking through Southwest. I got return for $927 from Buffalo to Orlando online so I am just waiting for my money to come in to book that. Does anyone know if you need to change dates of your flight after booking if they will allow that?

My hubby can 'tentatively book' his vacation but if someone with more seniority bumps him we would have to book a different date..... so hesitant to book the flights if they wont change dates.
djamesdisney1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:13 PM   #482
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
I didnt realize you could change your flight once it was made. I may do the same thing. I live near Philadelphia but southwest and AirTran both fly cheaper out of Baltimore Washington. Ill have to check out return flights & see what I can find. Thanks for the good idea!
I know, it's great! I've already moved my flight once to come to WDW a few days earlier, and no fee If the flight you change to is higher then you have to pay the difference in price, but no charge to make the change!
flinkerfrosch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-28-2013, 10:18 PM   #483
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by djamesdisney1st View Post
We are booking through Southwest. I got return for $927 from Buffalo to Orlando online so I am just waiting for my money to come in to book that. Does anyone know if you need to change dates of your flight after booking if they will allow that?

My hubby can 'tentatively book' his vacation but if someone with more seniority bumps him we would have to book a different date..... so hesitant to book the flights if they wont change dates.
Yes, you can change your flight dates with no change fee
Old 03-29-2013, 08:09 AM   #484
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinkerfrosch View Post

I know, it's great! I've already moved my flight once to come to WDW a few days earlier, and no fee If the flight you change to is higher then you have to pay the difference in price, but no charge to make the change!
I have to wait a few weeks but I think ill just book my departure and than on may 6th, ill book my return. Or ill do both than...I'd be afraid something would get screwed up because that's just how my luck goes...lol I don't want to meds anything up for our trip!!
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:44 AM   #485
flinkerfrosch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
I have to wait a few weeks but I think ill just book my departure and than on may 6th, ill book my return. Or ill do both than...I'd be afraid something would get screwed up because that's just how my luck goes...lol I don't want to meds anything up for our trip!!
Good luck! I'm sure it will all work out for you
Old 03-29-2013, 08:53 AM   #486
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinkerfrosch View Post

Good luck! I'm sure it will all work out for you
Thank you!!!
Old 03-29-2013, 08:52 PM   #487
Simplealman
Keep it Simple and You will Never be Disappointed

Hey all, hope you are having a great friday night.

Hate to be all doom and gloom here, but I recieved my advance booking offer today as a Disney card holder and it is for up to 30% off select hotels for stays 6/13/13 thur 8/14/13. This offer becomes available to the general public on April 2, 2013.
Seems as if maybe the free dinning might not show up this year.
Hope Disney understands that some familys count on that to be able to go.

Simplealman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:25 PM   #488
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplealman View Post

Hate to be all doom and gloom here, but I recieved my advance booking offer today as a Disney card holder and it is for up to 30% off select hotels for stays 6/13/13 thur 8/14/13. This offer becomes available to the general public on April 2, 2013.
Not sure what summer discounts have to do with October but Danny25, who always has the inside scoop, says that free dining will return in late August (the 24th?) through most of September, ie, the original low season free dining dates. They still have to get people into the parks in September but free dining isn't necessary any other time of the year, including October. Easywdw has most of my days in Late October at 6s and 7s which will be our highest crowd level experience ever! I think we will get the same discount offer that spring and, now, summer stays have.

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
jenjersnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:32 PM   #489
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplealman View Post

No doom and gloom around here as that Disney Visa offer was posted here in the early morning yesterday-- several hours before it even went up on the Visa website. Also, we have known the specifics of that summer offer for several days, maybe even a couple of weeks. The Aug/Sept deal will come out either late April or early May. As for October, those deals won't be out until at least July, maybe even early August.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:58 PM   #490
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjersnap View Post
I may eat my words but $300 plus $25 (RT EBCI fee) times 5 tix on SW doesn't appeal at all. Yesterday, Frontier's summer airfare to Tampa (where we will likely fly, attending a wedding before WDW) was $205 plus $20 for a checked bag with assigned seats and that is why I am waiting for them.
Well, let the word-eating begin. Frontier opened their schedule today, as expected, I sat down to book our flights to Tampa and they have discontinued all Denver-Tampa flights except Saturdays. Other carriers' rates jumped immediately. Our whole trip is in jeopardy with this news. I just wanted to have it all nailed down. So sad for us and thinking Frontier isn't long for this world (we are considering any FL cities that have nonstops from Denver and all but MCO and Ft. Lauderdale are radically cut back now).

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
jenjersnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:08 PM   #491
freckles04
DIS Veteran

Booked at POFQ. CAN'T WAIT. Hoping for free dining or a room discount... may switch to Beach Club for a good discount... or maybe I'm just dreamin' with that one.
MAY 1994: CBR AUG 2012: POP OCT 2013: POR JAN 2014: POP OCT 2014: POP

freckles04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:01 AM   #492
titansgal
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by freckles04 View Post
Hi all... subscribing to this thread! I've only been to WDW during the summer, and our last trip in August was BRUTAL with the crowds and heat!

My son's school is funny with their breaks, only giving a day here and a day there, so I've thought trips during the school year were out. (Such as... fall break last year was only the weekend plus Monday off!) This year, I can coordinate an October trip where he'll only miss three days of school. Really hoping for less crowds than August and less heat. (And crowds are more tolerable in better weather, imo!)

I'm planning Oct 18th-25th. Seriously hoping for a hefty room discount or maybe even...gasp... free dining!

Can anyone who has been in October before tell me if the weather is still good for swimming? Swimming is half the trip for my kiddo, and I'd love to try and swing the Beach Club. Not sure if it would be worth the cost if it's too chilly to swim.

We go every October and have never had a day too cold to swim (except for rainy days). We have also had the water park options a few times and enjoyed perfect weather for those as well.. We even went last year in early December and my husband and daughter swan then (though it was a little chilly out for me). I love the weather and crowds in October and am actually a little grumpy during trips the other parts of the year as October spoils me so much .
titansgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:24 PM   #493
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansgal View Post

We go every October and have never had a day too cold to swim (except for rainy days). We have also had the water park options a few times and enjoyed perfect weather for those as well.. We even went last year in early December and my husband and daughter swan then (though it was a little chilly out for me). I love the weather and crowds in October and am actually a little grumpy during trips the other parts of the year as October spoils me so much .
Perfect! Sounds like we made a good choice to go in October too!
Old 04-01-2013, 03:24 PM   #494
policycobb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by freckles04 View Post
Booked at POFQ. CAN'T WAIT. Hoping for free dining or a room discount... may switch to Beach Club for a good discount... or maybe I'm just dreamin' with that one.
I just booked POFQ for October too! I love how small it is.

policycobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:04 PM   #495
foltzy
Mouseketeer

Will be booking POFQ tomorrow. Now that we know when we can fly down. I'm so excited. Haven't been since 2009.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: