Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #376
Wadecool
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch

So if there is a discount for my selected dates, and if I book it now, and then say at the end of the Summer when the Fall Discounts come out, I can call up Disney and they'll automatically factor it in?

What if I already paid the trip off, does my credit card get credited the difference?
I'm also interested in this. We will have our trip paid off in full well before the fall discounts typically come out.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #377
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch View Post
So if there is a discount for my selected dates, and if I book it now, and then say at the end of the Summer when the Fall Discounts come out, I can call up Disney and they'll automatically factor it in?

What if I already paid the trip off, does my credit card get credited the difference?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MISSYLEXI View Post
We are set to check in on Oct 18th, if the rooms become discounted for any time during our stay, can we get the discount on the nights that apply?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadecool View Post
I'm also interested in this. We will have our trip paid off in full well before the fall discounts typically come out.
When a trip is already booked, you can call to see if the newly released discount can be applied to your existing reservation. In some cases, it will be necessary to switch room types or resorts in order to get the deal. They only allow a certain amount of rooms per discount, so even if there are still rooms available at the hotel, that doesn't automatically mean there are rooms left under the promotion.

If you are already paid in full, they will credit you the difference in the form of the original payment. It can take up to two billing cycles for a credit card refund, and if you pay with gift cards, the money will go back to the gift card you used. DO NOT THROW USED GIFT CARDS AWAY!!! You might need them later, so hang onto them until after your trip.

Something to be aware of is that if you book your trip and the ticket prices go up, any changes you make (such as taking advantage of a new discount), will cause you to pay the new price for your tickets. Last year we booked our stay and then we we added free dining, we had to pay the new ticket price. A small price to pay to save a lot of money, but still, you need to be prepared that you may not be saving as much as you thought.

I hope that helps.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-16-2013, 03:42 PM   #378
peteykirch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
When a trip is already booked, you can call to see if the newly released discount can be applied to your existing reservation. In some cases, it will be necessary to switch room types or resorts in order to get the deal. They only allow a certain amount of rooms per discount, so even if there are still rooms available at the hotel, that doesn't automatically mean there are rooms left under the promotion.

If you are already paid in full, they will credit you the difference in the form of the original payment. It can take up to two billing cycles for a credit card refund, and if you pay with gift cards, the money will go back to the gift card you used. DO NOT THROW USED GIFT CARDS AWAY!!! You might need them later, so hang onto them until after your trip.

Something to be aware of is that if you book your trip and the ticket prices go up, any changes you make (such as taking advantage of a new discount), will cause you to pay the new price for your tickets. Last year we booked our stay and then we we added free dining, we had to pay the new ticket price. A small price to pay to save a lot of money, but still, you need to be prepared that you may not be saving as much as you thought.

I hope that helps.
But the ticket thing doesn't apply in a room only discount though?
peteykirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #379
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteykirch View Post
But the ticket thing doesn't apply in a room only discount though?
A room discount can be applied to a room only reservation or a package reservation.

If you add a room discount to an existing package reservation, then yes, you would pay new ticket prices. If you just add the room discount to a room only reservation, then no, you would not have to pay new prices because you didn't buy any tickets to begin with.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:52 PM   #380
peteykirch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
A room discount can be applied to a room only reservation or a package reservation.

If you add a room discount to an existing package reservation, then yes, you would pay new ticket prices. If you just add the room discount to a room only reservation, then no, you would not have to pay new prices because you didn't buy any tickets to begin with.
Now I'm just checking to see my math is right, for this hypothetical situation. I'm looking to go 10/27-11/1, Wilderness Lodge, Courtyard View. Going on the basis the historical discount seems to be 20% for said room, I came up with this.

Rack rate right now for the room is 1770 prior to the 12.5% Tax, take 20% off of that leaves you with 1416, add the 12.5% Resort Tax and the final amount should be roughly 1593?

I assume the discount comes before tax like every where else.

Last edited by peteykirch; 03-16-2013 at 04:19 PM.
peteykirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:45 PM   #381
kkhworth
Mouseketeer

Curious about this, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISSYLEXI View Post
We are set to check in on Oct 18th, if the rooms become discounted for any time during our stay, can we get the discount on the nights that apply?
Also, free dining. If it comes out and is only for one or two days of my stay, does it apply for the stay or not?
Old 03-16-2013, 04:54 PM   #382
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkhworth View Post
Also, free dining. If it comes out and is only for one or two days of my stay, does it apply for the stay or not?
Free dining is based solely upon your check in date. As long as your check in date is a covered free dining date, you will get free dining for your entire stay up to a maximum of 14 nights.

Room discounts can only be applied to the specific nights covered in the promotion. All the non-included dates would be rack rate.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:10 PM   #383
Lindaland
Mouseketeer

I will most likely have my trip paid off before the discounts come out in July, if I can get a discount applied and I have an overage, can I use that to purchase other tickets like the MNSSHP or applied to the wristband for the F&WF??

Lindaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 05:16 PM   #384
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindaland View Post
I will most likely have my trip paid off before the discounts come out in July, if I can get a discount applied and I have an overage, can I use that to purchase other tickets like the MNSSHP or applied to the wristband for the F&WF??
The money will just have to be refunded to you. Then you can do what you wish with it. Those types of purchases are separate from a resort reservation, so they will be separate transactions with separate funds.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:26 PM   #385
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Quote:

I hope that helps.
This ticket increase is likely to affect every single one of us October watchers who have booked a package already and are eagerly waiting for discounts, unfortunately. Rumblings that ticket prices are going up in April, well before fall discounts will be announced. We have been struggling with this - whether to pull the trigger on room only and buy tix now to save money but that means giving up any thoughts of free dining. I think the free dining program of the past is unlikely in October but I am keeping a bit of faith - just enough to keep me from committing to a ticket purchase - because it is the best discount for us. Sigh.

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
jenjersnap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:00 PM   #386
monicab28
Earning My Ears

As I read through these posts I can tell you that a lot of your questions and concerns can be alleviated if you have a good TA. Ive noted than many of you don't trust them, but I assure, there are good TA's out there! I try my best to get my clients the very best rates possible----even if that means I take a little less on my commission! It's my job to find the best rates I can for my clients, as well as answering any of their questions and helping to alleviate their concerns. I watch for discounts on behalf of my clients so they don't have to waste their time looking. If you have a TA that doesn't do that for you, you need to find a new TA.
monicab28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:50 AM   #387
TSM
Mouseketeer

Ok went to disney last year in Sept with free dining. I stopped watching the discounts after I booked but when I did it was only through Sept. Did they offer free dining in Oct last year or do they usually?? I would like to go in Oct rather than Sept this year.I have read the rumors of no free dining or changes but is it usually extended into Oct?
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:17 AM   #388
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM View Post
Ok went to disney last year in Sept with free dining. I stopped watching the discounts after I booked but when I did it was only through Sept. Did they offer free dining in Oct last year or do they usually?? I would like to go in Oct rather than Sept this year.I have read the rumors of no free dining or changes but is it usually extended into Oct?
It has most years, I think there was one year that it didn't.....but again I think most years it has at least touched the first week or so of October. Last year it covered a few weeks in to October because we went around the 13th with Free Dining. You can always check MouseSavers for historical data on past discounts too, so you can see the trends. Mousesavers Historical Information on Disney Discounts

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:53 AM   #389
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM View Post
Last year's free dining dates were Oct. 1-4 and Oct.19-31.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:18 PM   #390
Kristian
Mouseketeer

Hope you don't mind if I join.

My dh and I have been going over and over dates for our next trip. We were settled on January, but I really would like to go in the fall and sooner, rather than later. So we talked to our TA about October and I think that we've settled on October 20-27...here's hoping that we don't change again, but I'm pretty sure that we are set

Kristian is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: