Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #16
Sailorsgirl
Earning My Ears

When did you book?

Quote:
Originally Posted by megveg View Post
im in this one! October 2013 may be far but Im already planning! Im staying at Wilderness Lodge with a few others and Im head planner Im (im)patiently waiting for 2013 package ratess!
we, too, are planning for Oct 2013 (either week of 10/21 or 10/28) but want to stay in the villas. when I checked the other day there were no 2-bdrm villas available - when did you book? (I realize you are staying at the Lodge) we are 3 families going
Sailorsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:08 PM   #17
VeeHam
Mouseketeer

We are also going October 2013 with my whole family and I am the planner. I'd love to stay onsite as no one has ever been to Disney except DH, DD's and I. But other family members can't afford it so we will probably end up renting a house. But if it just ends up my mom, her Dh and my DH, 2 DD's and I going, you can bet I am going to try and get a villa.
We're all very excited to go. I would love for some sort of PIN or free dining or a great room discount.

VeeHam is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2012, 04:06 PM   #18
neenersmom
Disney Lover For Life

The wait is killing me....I hope they release some kind of deals soon for 2013.

neenersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:12 AM   #19
J Buzz
Space Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by neenersmom View Post
The wait is killing me....I hope they release some kind of deals soon for 2013.
Any idea when the info is usually released? I'm a pre-planner and am trying to set up our October '13 trip, sucks not knowing what deals will be available.
J Buzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:42 PM   #20
neenersmom
Disney Lover For Life

In the past its been around this time in august but wondering if since the current free dining offer is avail to be booked through Sept then maybe they won't release any new dining offers until that expires. I hope not because I would like to know before I make my ADRs. We are going in march if an offer comes out and ADRs can be made Sept 3rd for that trip. If no offers for march then we will try for october.

neenersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:48 PM   #21
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

I'm hoping there is a bounceback in the room when we get there this October. That always helps me stress less....I see that a bounceback is out for September dates for 2013 so maybe it'll be extended for us October travelers

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 10:26 AM   #22
Meetmeinmontauk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPack View Post
I'm hoping there is a bounceback in the room when we get there this October. That always helps me stress less....I see that a bounceback is out for September dates for 2013 so maybe it'll be extended for us October travelers
That would be great! We are going in 12 days and someone told me that you only get bouncebacks for the current year!!!

May 2011 - Pop Century August/September 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside October 2014 - Port Orleans French Quarter November 2015 - Art of Animation

Meetmeinmontauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:45 AM   #23
scdufek
Mouseketeer

Well, we are officially going to be watching this thread. We just canceled our upcoming trip to Disney for this Oct. 2012 due to family illness. Sigh! Everything was paid for and we had recieved a free dining pin back in Jan. to use anytime in 2012, so we had made plans for mid October when the kids are on Fall Break. I'm glad we were planning on surprising the kids, so now it's only my dh and I suffering from disappointment. I guess the good part is, that I had started planning this trip last August and the time has flown, so hopefully it will this time too! Also, we are putting the vacation money aside, and if we're able to add to it, might try to upgrade from a moderate to a deluxe hotel. As long as we get to go in Oct 2013, is all that I'm shooting for right now! So hopefully Disney will release some great pin codes for 2013!:0)
scdufek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #24
networktek
it all started with a mouse

were hoping for free dining looking to stay oct 12-19

networktek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:26 PM   #25
Miss Charlotte
Earning My Ears

We just booked today for a stay at the Poly from Oct 14-19th

I'm already so excited I can't stand it!

I haven't been to DW since 1992 and no one else in my family has been. We're traveling with friends who have never been either. Can't wait!
Miss Charlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:40 AM   #26
megveg
Drink up me hearties, yo ho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailorsgirl View Post
we, too, are planning for Oct 2013 (either week of 10/21 or 10/28) but want to stay in the villas. when I checked the other day there were no 2-bdrm villas available - when did you book? (I realize you are staying at the Lodge) we are 3 families going
I'm not booking until after Labor Day but I'll be there 10/30-11/6 (or 11/9 if I can convince everyone ) I may end up doing a split stay with the last 3-4 nights at WL and the first part at AoA or ASMu. Food &Wine is part of the reason for the trip, so I think I'm going to get Deluxe Dining with the Value room stay and QS dining for the WL part. Also keeping an eye out for free dining because I've never had a trip with free dining and it would be so helpful for F&W :D If we get free dining, it may be the deciding factor for the whole trip at WL

"Some days you eat the bear,
some days the bear eats you,
but always dress for the hunt!"
KUNGALOOSH!

Past Trips: 5/96' Offsite with Family
11/05' With my highschool Choir -ASMu
5/08' Graduation Trip - Shades of Green
5/09' Memorial Week Trip - Poly
Nov 2014: Homestead for NASCAR + a lil Disney/UO
megveg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:36 PM   #27
TheRatPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meetmeinmontauk View Post
That would be great! We are going in 12 days and someone told me that you only get bouncebacks for the current year!!!
Nope, the bouncebacks we've gotten in the past are for as much as a full year in advance. So it's not just for the current year

Quote:
Originally Posted by scdufek View Post
Well, we are officially going to be watching this thread. We just canceled our upcoming trip to Disney for this Oct. 2012 due to family illness. :0)
I hope so too....I hate that you had to cancel your trip so close to the travel date. We had to do that once too, we just told them to reschedule the trip for the following year, that way the money would still be on the reservation and we wouldn't lose any deposits...etc as we rebooked within our 45 day window. I hope you get some great discounts for 2013 and you can start planning that next trip soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Charlotte View Post
We just booked today for a stay at the Poly from Oct 14-19th
Wow, since 1992......well congrats on scheduling another trip!!! I know you'll have a blast and staying at the Poly....that's nice!

Old 08-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #28
amos07
Mouseketeer

I am hoping for free dining sometime between October 21st and 28th! We are going to celebrate my daughter's 4th Birthday.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:29 AM   #29
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer

We're currently booked at POR - WV room only AAA discount for October 18-27, taken advantage of a small school break Oct 17-18 (DS would miss 1 full week of 2nd grade ). We'll be keeping an eye out for FD deals next July - looks like that's when it came out for this October.

We're debating on whether or not to cancel the res and:
- just book the week prior (during Columbus Day weekend) where DS would only miss 4 days - but we might miss out on FD looking at 2012
- keep as-is (possible Gartner convention week?), or,
- book for the following August 2014 before school starts back up.

Decisions, decisions...

We'll know more when it comes time to book our flights next year. I would love to go to MNSSHP. I haven't been there since '95 when I was a CPCM.

TBD ~ August 2015
CSR October 2013, POR October 2013

Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal 1995
ColonelHathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 12:02 PM   #30
TheRatPack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelHathi View Post
We're currently booked at POR - WV room only AAA discount for October 18-27, taken advantage of a small school break Oct 17-18 (DS would miss 1 full week of 2nd grade ).
We're debating on whether or not to cancel the res and:
- just book the week prior (during Columbus Day weekend) where DS would only miss 4 days - but we might miss out on FD looking at 2012
Kind of depends on how your school system deals with absenteeism? I know when my kids were in public school they got written up after 3 unexcused days and vacations were under that category. After 7 they got a letter from the truancy officer! With normal sickness, doctors/dentist appointments it was just too risky to take them out for vacation too.

I would book a different week, OR you could always shorten the trip a bit to lessen the days he'd miss.

Like you said, you'll know more when the flight prices come out....I hope you figure out something that works around his schedule and still gets you the vacation you are dreaming of

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: