Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
andyg
Earning My Ears

Alauni now

Finishing day 8 at Aulani . Great resort, friendly cast members(all hired locally)very well staffed. Been to North Shore, Macky shrimp truck, beautiful beach, snorkeling at Shark's Cove was great as was Hawaiian Ice at Aoki's. Dinner at Roy's, Hapa Grill, Chart House, and Duke's(not too miss). Breakfast at AMA AMA was great, good and great value for portions served. Bodysurfing at Sandy Beach was fun, but Be Careful(reportedly leads nation in neck and back injuries-check with life guard to get safety tips and direction on where and where not to go).tonite going to Makahaki. Also ate at Just Tacos(across street) was ok.

Already rumors of Disney expanding on lot next door to Aulani. Quiet part of Island, Waikiki only 30-35 minutes away if you avoid rush hour. Young ladies in our group(20 and 21) going to Hawaii Fire Surf School tomorrow. They pick up at Aulani and it is only 5-10 minutes from Aulani where they surf. Weather has been perfect! Make sure you take drive to Kailua over H3 highway through mountains- BEAUTIFUL!

Been a DVC memBer for 15 years. This place is awesome and from the rumors I hear Disney has future plans in the works for Hawaii.

Aloha!!
andyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #2
Hunnypaw
Encinitas, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyg View Post
Finishing day 8 at Aulani . Great resort, friendly cast members(all hired locally)very well staffed. Been to North Shore, Macky shrimp truck, beautiful beach, snorkeling at Shark's Cove was great as was Hawaiian Ice at Aoki's. Dinner at Roy's, Hapa Grill, Chart House, and Duke's(not too miss). Breakfast at AMA AMA was great, good and great value for portions served. Bodysurfing at Sandy Beach was fun, but Be Careful(reportedly leads nation in neck and back injuries-check with life guard to get safety tips and direction on where and where not to go).tonite going to Makahaki. Also ate at Just Tacos(across street) was ok.

Already rumors of Disney expanding on lot next door to Aulani. Quiet part of Island, Waikiki only 30-35 minutes away if you avoid rush hour. Young ladies in our group(20 and 21) going to Hawaii Fire Surf School tomorrow. They pick up at Aulani and it is only 5-10 minutes from Aulani where they surf. Weather has been perfect! Make sure you take drive to Kailua over H3 highway through mountains- BEAUTIFUL!

Been a DVC memBer for 15 years. This place is awesome and from the rumors I hear Disney has future plans in the works for Hawaii.

Aloha!!
Whoa! first post!!!! Cool! FYI - We will be at Aulani in 3 weeks... Post more info when you get chance... Im all ears!

DIS Dad Club Member #623
Me , DW , DD
________
Nikon D200 | Nikkor 80-200 | Sigma 15mm f-eye
Hunnypaw is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-20-2012, 05:42 PM   #3
bfrosty
Mouseketeer

Hey, if you get a chance can you check who makes the sheets? I know the pillows are from downlite. We just ordered two pillows (I hope its the same model)...and the Cool Sheets set from their website.

I slept the best there last week...sheets, down comforter and no even a sweat drop the whole night...they feel awesome on your skin and cool.

The sheets I bought were the TENCEL Lyocell....made from Eucalyptus leaves.

I can't wait to try them out!
Bfrosty
Old 06-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #4
saintstickets
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Aloha!!
Looking forward to more posts. DW and I will be at Aulani the 1st week of September. We're already making plans for each day!

DL - 1967 | WDW - 1973 (Orlando) | WDW - 1980 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1985 (Kissimmee) | WDW - 1997 (Contemporary) | WDW - 2007 (Old Key West)
DVC - May2010 - OKW | Nov-Dec2010 - AKV/BWV | May2012 - BLT/VWL | Sep2012 - Aulani (30th anniversary) | Dec2012 - Aulani (DD honeymoon) | Oct2013 - BCV | Jun2014 - BWV | Oct2014 - DCL/BCV | Aug2015 - DCL Alaska | Dec2015 - BWV

The "Don't mess with the CMs/take less photos TR" Jun14 @ BWV
Oct13-BCV - MNSSHP, F&W, Wild Africa Trek
Sep12-Aulani - Sharks, horses, a submarine scooter, luau & Mickey
May12-BLT/VWL - Don't tell Mickey! It's NOT a bug's life! That's a dolphin's WHAT? Where's the ER? Is that a body? Seaworld, Discovery Cove, IoA, Space Center
Nov/Dec10-AKV/BWV - Backstage Magic Tour; V&A; Lots of pics and video
May10-OKW - DDP cost analysis; Wishes Dessert Party; Fantasmic
saintstickets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:22 PM   #5
Jaaron2
Disney Vet

We will be there in 17 days, what are the "must do's"? What is this Roy's everyone keeps talking about? Do you need reservations? Thanks so much!
Old 07-11-2012, 10:57 PM   #6
bfrosty
Mouseketeer

Top 10 to do in Aulani

1) If you're gonna travel all that way, you must go to Pearl Harbor and see the Arizona, Battleship Missouri and the Pacific Aviation Museum
2) Kualoa Ranch Full day w/Lunch (Movie Tour, Boat Ride, Jungle Tour, ATV or Horses)
3) Diamond Head Crater
4) North Shore
5) Waimea Valley
6) The Resort, beach area, rocks near ocean (be careful)
7) Breakfast at the resort
8) KOA Pancake House
9) Groceries at Costco and Gas
10) Car Rental

Enjoy!
Bfrosty
Old 07-13-2012, 11:33 AM   #7
WestCoastMama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaaron2
We will be there in 17 days, what are the "must do's"? What is this Roy's everyone keeps talking about? Do you need reservations? Thanks so much!
Roy's is a restaurant chain, specializing in Asian-Hawaiian cuisine. A lot of their dishes are seafood based. The original Roy's is on Oahu (not the one next to Aulani), not sure which city. As far as reservations I'm not sure. Probably depends what time of the year you are going. You might call the restaurant and see what they recommend.

Aulani Resort 10/2012
Disneyland Hotel 12/2011
Wonder Mexican Riviera 10/2011
WDW Port Orleans December 2010
Disneyland Resort Countless Times
WDW Caribbean Resort August 1992
WestCoastMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:11 PM   #8
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Aloha!!
That would be nice! I would love it if there was another DVC on another island. I already plan to island hop pretty much every time we go so hopping for another DVC stay would be awesome. I know, no one knows what will happen but I can dream!

I will be there in October just for a day on a cruise stop on Oahu. Can't wait to finally see it!
Old 07-14-2012, 10:32 AM   #9
Jaaron2
Disney Vet

Thanks for the great info! Can't wait to put some if it to use in 2 weeks!
Old 07-15-2012, 10:48 PM   #10
BrianM
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaaron2
All their stuff is really good, but the chocolate souffle is fantastic.
BrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:02 PM   #11
my3princes
Looking for a milestone to claim
I'm beginning to think I'm the invisible DISer (but Disney sure noticed you!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaaron2 View Post
We'll be there in 5 days too The wait is killing us.

Deb
my3princes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:54 PM   #12
Jaaron2
Disney Vet

5 days now for us too!!!!! Can't wait! Getting in Sat afternoon.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:11 PM   #13
my3princes

Quote:
5 days now for us too!!!!! Can't wait! Getting in Sat afternoon.
Us too. We leave BOS 7:30 am on Saturday then land in Chicago, leave Chicago at 10 AM straight on to HNL for a 2 PM landing.

Deb
Old 07-24-2012, 05:58 PM   #14
Jaaron2
Disney Vet

So funny, we leave Philly at 7:00 (connect in PHX) and land in HNL around 2:30 I think... I'll see you at the front desk! Look for a group of 7 wearing lots of Phillies shirts !
Old 07-24-2012, 06:21 PM   #15
my3princes

Quote:
So funny, we leave Philly at 7:00 (connect in PHX) and land in HNL around 2:30 I think... I'll see you at the front desk! Look for a group of 7 wearing lots of Phillies shirts !
There are 5 of us, the other 6 in our party arrive after 8 PM. We'll be looking for you.

Deb

Deb

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: