Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2012, 01:59 PM   #541
Tenuviel
Mouseketeer

Thanks for all the info guys! This is my first time using PP+!
Old 10-28-2012, 11:49 PM   #542
dadzgirl70
Mouseketeer

I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but does Surf's Up Breakfast have a photographer and if so does this pass work? I didn't see it mentioned on the Photopass Plus website. Thanks!
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2012, 08:42 AM   #543
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadzgirl70 View Post
I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but does Surf's Up Breakfast have a photographer and if so does this pass work? I didn't see it mentioned on the Photopass Plus website. Thanks!
Yes and Yes. The picture is with Mickey too.

I just have to say, I was there last week and used the PP+, and it was great. We didn't do any character meals, but got some great ride photos...plus a bunch more. Very easy to use, but be careful...my card came off the lanyard easily...so take a picture of it.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:26 PM   #544
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girimama33 View Post
Yes and Yes. The picture is with Mickey too.

I just have to say, I was there last week and used the PP+, and it was great. We didn't do any character meals, but got some great ride photos...plus a bunch more. Very easy to use, but be careful...my card came off the lanyard easily...so take a picture of it.
Can you just keep it in your pocket/wallet like other PhotoPass cards, or is it a different size?
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:35 PM   #545
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValpoCory View Post
Can you just keep it in your pocket/wallet like other PhotoPass cards, or is it a different size?
It is the same size roughly. I just kept it in a flap pocket in my purse without issue. Someone had warned me previously that the card can come off easily, so I always had it in my purse. On at least two occasions where I had the card out, it came off the lanyard. Needless to say, I was happy to have found this out before I lost my card and was able to prevent it from happening.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:06 PM   #546
Tenuviel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
It is the same size roughly. I just kept it in a flap pocket in my purse without issue. Someone had warned me previously that the card can come off easily, so I always had it in my purse. On at least two occasions where I had the card out, it came off the lanyard. Needless to say, I was happy to have found this out before I lost my card and was able to prevent it from happening.
Glad a checked in here before going next week. I would be so upset if I lost the card!
Old 10-29-2012, 10:29 PM   #547
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Very easy to use, but be careful...my card came off the lanyard easily...so take a picture of it.
I actually lost mine on Mater, and didn't know DH had taken a picture of it. I was frantic (and felt pathetic at the same time for being so freaked out). Thankfully a wonderful fellow guest found the card and noticed me looking like I'd lost something, and returned it to me once her ride cycle was finished. I could have kissed her.

A CM after that told me to go to a guest services/relations place and get a piece of tape, to tape the metal "loop" thing shut, so it woudn't flip off the loop anymore. Worked beautifully, but I also started carrying it in my park bag. I had liked having it as a proper lanyard, because the CMs could see it and know we wanted pictures, but after losing it that one time I just didn't want to.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:46 PM   #548
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurpee

I love this community because if I told my DH that, and I feel the EXACT same way, he would roll his eyes and not get it at all. I may be doing the exact same thing as well in December.
I think I may true to get there earlier in the day and just visit DCA....lol
Old 11-03-2012, 08:47 PM   #549
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgh
you don't need to run into the park for photopass plus before goofy's. Just bring your voucher to goofy, and they will hook you up. Then the next day, at the park, stop by the photo store and give them the voucher. Then, they will find the photos, add them on and give you the hard copy of photos. No need to waste a park ticket.
I thought they couldn't do that...or I would have to buy the package then get refunded? I don't want to do that and waste park time. ????
Old 11-03-2012, 08:51 PM   #550
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValpoCory

I don't think you have to do that. Many posters have told stories of them going to Goofy's without their PP+ card, telling the salesperson they have a PP+ card but haven't picked it up yet, and the salesperson tells you what to do to get your Photo package (hard and soft copy photos).
Ok, good news. Has anyone recently dealt with Goofy's in this situation?
Old 11-04-2012, 12:17 AM   #551
Mousequake
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMuse View Post
Ok, good news. Has anyone recently dealt with Goofy's in this situation?
Yes, we did it one month ago (October 1). They just told us to go to the photo shop on Main Street sometime the next day and let them know we wanted to pick up our photo pass + card and also that we had been at GK the night before. We followed their instructions, and they printed out our pictures and gave us the photo package right there. An added bonus: you get to pick the pictures they print instead of having the photographer pick whichever one he thinks is best for you at GK.
Mousequake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:37 AM   #552
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
Another accident that happens often is while in the parks people go into the Photo Stores to view their pictures. When they do this the pictures go into their account and they started the 30day window to edit and purchase.
It has never worked that way for me. They don't get any of my information before scanning it, and I have still had to add that card number to my account when I get home. IT hasn't, and as far as I have ever known isn't supposed to, add the card to a person's account. And how could it, since they don't ask for any information before scanning it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disluvney View Post
Annmarieda - So sorry to hear that some of your ride photos and regular photos did not upload especially when you were told yes it did load.

Anyone else have this experience? Hopefully they figure this all out soon before our trip in October. I purchased the photopass+ specifically for the ride photos for the value. I would be super bummed if they did not load them correctly.
We had ONE ride picture disappear on us. It was the ONE ride picture CM who hesitated to give us a receipt of the picture; I had to sort of make her do it. But I did get the receipt, so when I got home and realized (after a few days, LOL) that the TOT ride photo wasn't there, I used their form to find missing pictures, uploaded a picture of my son to it, described us, told them the day and approx time of the photo, and inside a day they had that picture on my account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura&fam View Post
Did anyone have problems with the regular photopass with this type of thing? It seems like the process is the same except for the ride photos so I'm just wondering if this problem is new or was always around.
We have had pictures go missing before, well before PP+. We've never purchased a ride photo before, however; it has just been normal pictures. And each time the form for missing photos has worked perfectly. But I seriously give them TONS of info about the missing picture.

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently maintaining 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 11-04-2012, 01:51 AM   #553
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

So here's how it went for us.

Ordered it online not too long before our trip, and got it perhaps a bit later than some were getting it, but still in good time.

The voucher for the lanyard and card were taped to the outside of the CD case. I put that into my travel bag as soon as possible, to make sure to bring it.

When we got to the parks, I went into the photo shop on Main Street. The CM who greeted me saw the voucher and, it turned out, started getting the lanyard ready for me. However, the CM he guided me to did NOT know what was going on. The first guy had to help him through the process, but since he had things at the ready, it didn't take as long as it could have done.

Going out of order here, I really recommend NOT using the lanyard they give you OR find a Guest Services/Relations spot that has tape. The tape goes around the metal clasp so that the cards won't come off of the clasp thing.

The ride photos were VERY simple. Get the photo number, get in line, give them the card, get the receipt for the upload, go on your way! All but the TOT picture got onto the account without a problem (and as I mentioned, the TOT picture was found by the photopass people when I used their form), but I was very glad to get the receipts. Now that I think about it, it was the receipt that reminded me I was supposed to have a TOT photo!

The restaurant photos were a GREAT deal. We did Surf's Up and Goofy's Kitchen. You get the prints in their glossy folders, and I find that to be really fun.

Those photos are ONLY the ones taken at the front of the restaurant (or just inside for Surf's Up); you'll still need to take pictures on your own with the roaming characters inside.

We used a few normal PP cards as well. I wasn't at Pirate's League with DH and DS, and they put it on a normal card. Now, at WDW, I read that PL gives print packages like at the restaurants! Either DLR doesn't have that (since PL is just a temporary thing) or we missed out on it b/c I didn't know about it and we weren't using a + card. I can't remember why we had the other card or two.

We took regular PP pictures as well, and even got an enhancement on one of them (Frankenweenie sitting on the ground as we point and stare), and it was all fine.

We got home, I uploaded them, got the TOT picture on there, did the borders and saved them in various sizes.

Now, as I was going through this process (which took something like a week, total, because I'm slow *but* we didn't have THAT many pictures), I got a total of THREE emails offering up special bonus downloads, which ended up being all of the ride photos. It was pretty neat, to be able to get them (at least the 4x6 versions of them) immediately.

And they also sent me emails about the bonus photos of things like the "fab five" in front of the castle, etc. Those automatically got added to my account.

Then I opened the CD sent originally, found the code to order, and ordered it.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:29 AM   #554
lurpee
Mouseketeer

Silly Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
So here's how it went for us.

When we got to the parks, I went into the photo shop on Main Street.
I am sure this is the same place but I want to be sure as I am writing up instructions for my family that arrive two days before me, the photo shop on Main Street is the Photo Supply place across from Coca Cola Corner, right?

Thanks! Your above info has been extremely helpful!
Kerri

lurpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:52 AM   #555
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousequake

Yes, we did it one month ago (October 1). They just told us to go to the photo shop on Main Street sometime the next day and let them know we wanted to pick up our photo pass + card and also that we had been at GK the night before. We followed their instructions, and they printed out our pictures and gave us the photo package right there. An added bonus: you get to pick the pictures they print instead of having the photographer pick whichever one he thinks is best for you at GK.
Thank you for info! Did you pay for the photo package first?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: