Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2012, 06:17 PM   #496
krispin41
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaya74
It seems like Photopass Plus is quite popular at DLR. I wonder if the line at these Photopass points is getting longer since ppl with photopass + will want to take as many pics as possible. I know I will!
On our last trip, I made my DH stop every time we saw a photographer. Including the same shots on different days! We also rode ToT at least 6 times, each time trying for a different pose. LOL
krispin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:14 AM   #497
lurpee
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMuse
Alrighty then, with thanks to all the previous posters, I will have to run into the parks to get my P+ card the night I get in, since my Goofy's reservation is at 7am the next morning.

Ergh, it's going to ruin my first morning in the parks since I wanted to walk down Main Street and take it all in, ride a trolley, etc, and now I have to rush in the night before. Maybe I can just put on blinders and pretend I wasn't there. LOL! But Photopass is important, so I'll deal.
I love this community because if I told my DH that, and I feel the EXACT same way, he would roll his eyes and not get it at all. I may be doing the exact same thing as well in December.

lurpee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2012, 07:51 AM   #498
cgh
Mouseketeer

you don't need to run into the park for photopass plus before goofy's. Just bring your voucher to goofy, and they will hook you up. Then the next day, at the park, stop by the photo store and give them the voucher. Then, they will find the photos, add them on and give you the hard copy of photos. No need to waste a park ticket.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:29 AM   #499
yaya74
Mouseketeer

I want to check with everyone if my plan sounds doable:

Can we pick up our Photopass+ card at the end of the day and then just add the regular Photopass card that we have collected during the day onto our Photopass+ account? On the day we are at the park, I want to take DD4 to TTMM first instead of waiting in line at the Photostore on Mainstreet.

Also, how about ride photos? Do I need the actual Photopass+ card to get it? Can I show my voucher to the CM at the ride for her to put it in my account?

Old 09-22-2012, 09:33 AM   #500
KalamityJane
DIS Veteran

Anyone know if you stay on site if you can pick up your PP+ card at the front desk of the hotel?
KalamityJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:34 AM   #501
rosie2283
Mouseketeer

I ordered and am still awaiting arrival of my photo pass+ for our November trip. Is the shop on main street the only place to redeem the voucher or is there a place in DTD?
rosie2283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:41 AM   #502
mrsw94
DIS Veteran

Just checking to see if anyone has tried using a smartphone to take a pic of the PP+ card so another family member can get their pic right away?

We will be traveling with our extended family and have ordered 1 PP+ for the group. It would be nice if I didn't have to do all the extra legwork to collect the ride pics for when we aren't together!!
mrsw94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 01:27 PM   #503
cari12
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaya74

Can we pick up our Photopass+ card at the end of the day and then just add the regular Photopass card that we have collected during the day onto our Photopass+ account? On the day we are at the park, I want to take DD4 to TTMM first instead of waiting in line at the Photostore on Mainstreet.

Also, how about ride photos? Do I need the actual Photopass+ card to get it? Can I show my voucher to the CM at the ride for her to put it in my account?

For ride photos, just take down the number at the end of the ride and then you can get them added to your card once you get it.
Same with photographers, you can add pictures from regular photopass cards to your photopass+ account.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #504
cgh
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaya74 View Post

Yes. If you don't have the photopass card, then you need to return to the ride photo place with the card within 24 hours. Much easier if you have the card. Just make note of the number of the photo (I took a picture). It was easier. I also verified this with the cashier at the ride photo to make sure before we left. It is MUCH easier generally if you have the photopass+ card, thought doable. I was able to just bring regular photopass cards and add them to it. One thing to note though is I thought I saw a 20 pass limit for adding (ie. 20 cards). I would inquire about this if you are collecting a lot of loose photopass cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalamityJane View Post
Anyone know if you stay on site if you can pick up your PP+ card at the front desk of the hotel?
In August the front desk at the DLH knew nothing about Photopass +. They called around and found out I could redeem at Goofy's. (um...no). The photopass photographer at Goofy's knew exactly what to do. He took a photo of the voucher, then the photos, then I picked up the package and the photos at the photoshop inside DL.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #505
laura&fam
we must never, never doubt what no one is sure about

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurpee View Post
I love this community because if I told my DH that, and I feel the EXACT same way, he would roll his eyes and not get it at all. I may be doing the exact same thing as well in December.
Yes! Disney photo fanatics unite! The fact that I think I have read every post on this thread probably qualifies me for needing therapy.

I have to balance my desire for photos with my family's grumbling.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:15 PM   #506
disneyluvbug
Going to Disneyland and I can't wait!!!

we got the +and i love it when we got home i add pp.from june and they all worked.fine..i wasnt sure if they would. we got goofys n minnes printed out and all the rides added..the one issue was at sm when they wouldnt add pic to card without the card he had a pic on his phone besides that no issue and we took a ton of pics!
Old 09-27-2012, 01:28 PM   #507
Blue32
DIS Veteran

Can someone tell me how the photo's work for photopass+ at the rides? Can you need to get the number of the photo and add it to your card or account yourself, or do you have to wait it line to get these added to your PP+ card? And how long does this process take, roughly?

Thanks!!!
Blue32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #508
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue32 View Post
Can someone tell me how the photo's work for photopass+ at the rides? Can you need to get the number of the photo and add it to your card or account yourself, or do you have to wait it line to get these added to your PP+ card? And how long does this process take, roughly?

Thanks!!!
You have to wait in line to have the CM add it to your card. It depends on how busy the parks are and how many people are waiting in line. I was there over the weekend and didn't wait longer than about 5-10 minutes anywhere. If you know your photo number, the CM can find it quickly and add it in a minute or so. If you don't know your photo number, it may take longer for them to find it. Have fun!
ArchOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #509
mzalicia
Mouseketeer

Hello - just returned from DLR and had a great experience with the Disneyland Photopass+ card.

Exchanging the voucher for my Photopass+ card at the Disneyland Main Street Photo Supply Co was very quick and painless. The Photopass+ card was given to me on a lanyard.

For ride photos, after the ride, I waited in line with others purchasing ride photos. When it was my turn, I told the cashier our photo number, handed them my photopass+ card, and they added the photo to our card and gave me a receipt. The photo number was on the receipt so I feel reading the receipt is a good double check that the cashier added the correct ride photo to the card.

To obtain our photos from the Plaza Inn Breakfast in the Park w/ Minnie & friends, I simply showed them the card when they brought our photos to the table, they took the card back to their computer to add all the photos to the photopass, and when they returned it they also handed me the printed out photo package.

When we got home we added our photopass number to our Disneyphotopass.com account along with 5 other photopass cards of friends (we were in Disneyland for a group trip). After adding borders there were a total of 328 photos! I purchased CD with download delivery and had to wait about 12 hours before I received an email saying my photos were ready to download. They split the photos up into 5 .zip files with approx 80 photos in each download. I do wonder how many photo CDs they would have sent me...

Interesting note, the ride photos we had added were available to download as soon as I entered the photopass+ card number to my disneyphotopass.com account. A friend had purchased their ride photo (didn't want to bother finding me and asking me to come add) and their ride photo was available to download as soon as I added the photopass number they were given with their photo (the card's number started with "ride").

Alicia

mzalicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #510
ArchOwl
The Highly Educated Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzalicia View Post

Interesting note, the ride photos we had added were available to download as soon as I entered the photopass+ card number to my disneyphotopass.com account. A friend had purchased their ride photo (didn't want to bother finding me and asking me to come add) and their ride photo was available to download as soon as I added the photopass number they were given with their photo (the card's number started with "ride").

Alicia
I found that interesting as well. I added my photopass+ number and within a few hours, I was sent an email that said the ride photos were available for download. I thought that was very cool. I am splitting the photo CD download with my family and after adding in some borders and stuff, we have a couple hundred photos, plus the nice prints from Ariel's and Plaza Inn. Normally, I wouldn't buy all of these photos, but it is nice to have for a pre-paid price!
ArchOwl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: