Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2012, 06:07 PM   #406
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Drive to DL, Fly to WDW
Posts: 28,453

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDisney View Post
Does anyone know when the Photopass Sales centers open? Will they be open during EMH? Wonder if I can get the Photopass + card before riding ToT and RSR during EMH.

Thanks in advance!
They open as soon as the gates open and close as much as an hour later. They are both on the entry street when the rope drop is and you can go in them during the RD too if you can't get in during EMH.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:17 PM   #407
iKristin


DIS Veteran
 
iKristin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 1,882

I'm loving the Disney Photo Gallery CD that comes with the PhotoPass+ I have so many more wonderful options for wallpapers on my desktop now!!
__________________
Disneyland: 12/87 -- 06/91 -- 07/05 -- 10/07 -- 10/09 -- 10/10 -- 6/11 -- 09/11 -- 4/12 -- 10/12 -- 12/12 -- 03/13
*~*DUFFY ADVENTURES*~*

iKristin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-16-2012, 11:50 PM   #408
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkpark View Post
I apologize if this is already in this thread - hard to search through on my phone... Has anyone exchanged their voucher at Goofy's Kitchen? Or can it only be done at the photo places inside DCA and DL? And if so, do they open for EE? thanks so much!

My plan was to exchange at Goofy's Kitchen and was unable to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValpoCory View Post
On the contrary, I called Goofy's Kitchen and they do exchange the voucher for PP+ cards there.
I hope that they have recently changed. We were there just over a week ago and they could not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry_solo View Post
Perhaps you have to add the Goofy's Kitchen photos yourself?
When I first arrived, the cm called a supervisor over. The supervisor said they were unable to exchange and pointed out on the voucher where it listed "ONLY INSIDE DL OR DCA Photo Locations" The supervisor then called to the photo location and got confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry_solo View Post
Did you get a receipt from the ride person that added your photos? At WDW, after they added the photos, a receipt spit out from the register, saying ATTR Photo PP+ (I think ATTR is short for attraction). It rung up to show that it went through and the price was zero.
No receipts were ever given to me when I had a ride photo added.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post

My guess it somone went and asked a CM who didn't know and gave incorrect information.

I truly hope that is the case...that not only the cm's that were at the front, but their supervisors and the cms at the photo place were all wrong. It would make exchanging that voucher a bit easier. I think part of the problem is in exchanging the voucher you are getting actual physical product (the lanyard and card) Goofy's Kitchen did not have these items on the day I went. In the end though, exchanging on main street wasn't too much of a hassle.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:59 PM   #409
shannonkay
Disneylandrian
 
shannonkay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 37

As an AP holder, I'd like to see a subscription I could buy to get all my photopass photos throughout the year.
shannonkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:02 AM   #410
cgh
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 330

If you weren't able to exchange at goofy's kitchen, were you able to add all that to photo pass and get a refund of photo charges at goofy's kitchen? We bought photo pass plus under that assumption since we are going there the first night. I'd need to extend out our hopper to run in and exchange the photo pass before dinner our first night. Just a PITA.
__________________
cgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:11 AM   #411
Lisa808
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 54

Can someone sum this up for me? I am a newb and planning a trip in sept...

How does this work exactly? (The site is blocked at work so I can't see it right now)

Is this worth it??

We are going with a 2.5 year old, are there a lot of photo opportunities on the rides he can ride on?

Does this include those people that walk around and take photos for you throughout the park?

How about character meals??

Thanks in advance!
Lisa808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:32 AM   #412
Jkpark
DIS Veteran
 
Jkpark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 678

I checked into DLH Saturday and wasn't planning on the parks or Goofy's Kitchen until Sunday. I did pop into Goofy's to try to exchange and after consulting a supervisor was told they don't exchange vouchers there(no lanyards, etc.)

Went into DCA for EE Sunday and RSR was down so I did some rides, got some FPs and went to trade in my voucher around 10. It only took 2 minutes. The only issue I ran into was the person did not 'stamp' my PP card with a date. I didn't know they were supposed to I didn't know to ask.

We used it at Goofy's Kitchen later that day and received the printed package and the image in our PP account.

We rode RSR that evening and when I went to get my ride photo, it was a quick scan, no question on lack of stamp and no receipt.

Later that night we hopped to DL and rode SM. There they questioned the stamp, but gave me the photo anyway. Much longer process to scan my card, several confirm buttons and I received a receipt. So now I'm nervous RSR isn't on there.

Monday-rode Splash and similar experience to SM - lots of buttons and receipt. they didn't question the date. I then went to photo shop on Main St and they confirmed RSR was there. They suggested their computers for this process are different because it's a newer ride? I didn't think to ask about the date/stamp.

Later Monday we rode RSR again and they had to call someone about my lack of stamp to see if they could still give me my photos. They did and again- quicker process and no receipt.

All of those photos were there once we got home.

Even though some of our magic shots didn't make it onto the card, I would do this again. We have some great family pics I am actually in for a change. Splash photo came out pretty good. On RSR and SM, you can't really see DD4 and DD6 too well but when they are taller - this will be even better.
__________________

WDW: Dec '85 (offsite), May '01 (offsite), Nov '02 (POFQ/Swan), Jan '07 (POP), Oct '08 (offsite), May '11 (SSR), Sept '12 (offsite/BLT)
March 2012 Aulani
Plus lots of trips to Disneyland
Jkpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:13 AM   #413
AngelDisney
Dream a Disney Dream 0[;)
 
AngelDisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 383

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkpark View Post
Later that night we hopped to DL and rode SM. There they questioned the stamp, but gave me the photo anyway. Much longer process to scan my card, several confirm buttons and I received a receipt. So now I'm nervous RSR isn't on there.

Even though some of our magic shots didn't make it onto the card, I would do this again. We have some great family pics I am actually in for a change. Splash photo came out pretty good. On RSR and SM, you can't really see DD4 and DD6 too well but when they are taller - this will be even better.
Thanks for the update!

I will make sure I get the PP+ card stamped.

Sorry to hear that you've lost some of the magic shots!
Did any CMs do things differently to cause that? Would using a regular PP card for the non-ride/meal pics help prevent loss of pics using the PP+ card?

Would not want to carry so many cards but hate to lose any pics after spending so much time lining up.

Thanks again!
__________________
from Toronto, Canada



AngelDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:50 AM   #414
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,514

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgh View Post
If you weren't able to exchange at goofy's kitchen, were you able to add all that to photo pass and get a refund of photo charges at goofy's kitchen? We bought photo pass plus under that assumption since we are going there the first night. I'd need to extend out our hopper to run in and exchange the photo pass before dinner our first night. Just a PITA.
You don't need to extend out your hopper tickets just to get the PP+ voucher. I called Guest Services, and they told me they'd escort you into the park free of charge and let you exchange the voucher for your PP+ card and come back out.
__________________
Disney Trips:
Disneyland: Jan '13 (VGC -- Trip Report), Aug '10 (Beach house), May '04 (Good Neighbor hotel), Sept '00 (Good Neighbor hotel), about a dozen times from 1985-89
WDW: Jan '11 (BWV), Oct '08 (CBR), Sept '07 (POFQ), May '99 (CSR), Mar '92 (CBR), June '82 (Offsite)
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:52 AM   #415
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,514

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
My plan was to exchange at Goofy's Kitchen and was unable to.



I hope that they have recently changed. We were there just over a week ago and they could not.



When I first arrived, the cm called a supervisor over. The supervisor said they were unable to exchange and pointed out on the voucher where it listed "ONLY INSIDE DL OR DCA Photo Locations" The supervisor then called to the photo location and got confirmation.
Thanks for the first hand report. So it appears it's back to plan A ... getting escorted into the park on my arrival day in order to get my PP+ card for a Goofy's Kitchen ressie.
__________________
Disney Trips:
Disneyland: Jan '13 (VGC -- Trip Report), Aug '10 (Beach house), May '04 (Good Neighbor hotel), Sept '00 (Good Neighbor hotel), about a dozen times from 1985-89
WDW: Jan '11 (BWV), Oct '08 (CBR), Sept '07 (POFQ), May '99 (CSR), Mar '92 (CBR), June '82 (Offsite)
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:52 AM   #416
starry_solo
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: California
Posts: 1,632

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDisney View Post
Thanks for the update!

I will make sure I get the PP+ card stamped.

Sorry to hear that you've lost some of the magic shots!
Did any CMs do things differently to cause that? Would using a regular PP card for the non-ride/meal pics help prevent loss of pics using the PP+ card?

Would not want to carry so many cards but hate to lose any pics after spending so much time lining up.

Thanks again!
A regular PP card wouldn't prevent the loss of pics using the PP+ card. The photographer still has to scan the card, get the beep that it went thru.
starry_solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:28 PM   #417
cgh
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 330

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValpoCory View Post
You don't need to extend out your hopper tickets just to get the PP+ voucher. I called Guest Services, and they told me they'd escort you into the park free of charge and let you exchange the voucher for your PP+ card and come back out.
Okay, thanks for the info. I'm really glad I have this info otherwise I'd be rather irritated and upset at goofy's kitchen. I wish there was someway they could just have it waiting for us or something.
__________________
cgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:27 PM   #418
laura&fam
we must never, never doubt what no one is sure about
 
laura&fam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: near SLC, Utah
Posts: 1,210

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgh View Post
I wish there was someway they could just have it waiting for us or something.
It would be nice if you could just exchange it at the ticket booths outside the park.
__________________
me DH DD DS DS
laura&fam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:48 AM   #419
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,520

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgh View Post
If you weren't able to exchange at goofy's kitchen, were you able to add all that to photo pass and get a refund of photo charges at goofy's kitchen? We bought photo pass plus under that assumption since we are going there the first night. I'd need to extend out our hopper to run in and exchange the photo pass before dinner our first night. Just a PITA.
At goofy's kitchen they put the pictures on a regular pp card. When I exchanged the voucher, they were able to print the package out. I believe had I paid at the time for the print package, it would have been no trouble to get the refund... but this worked out well too.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkpark View Post
I checked into DLH Saturday and wasn't planning on the parks or Goofy's Kitchen until Sunday. I did pop into Goofy's to try to exchange and after consulting a supervisor was told they don't exchange vouchers there(no lanyards, etc.)

Went into DCA for EE Sunday and RSR was down so I did some rides, got some FPs and went to trade in my voucher around 10. It only took 2 minutes. The only issue I ran into was the person did not 'stamp' my PP card with a date. I didn't know they were supposed to I didn't know to ask.

We used it at Goofy's Kitchen later that day and received the printed package and the image in our PP account.

We rode RSR that evening and when I went to get my ride photo, it was a quick scan, no question on lack of stamp and no receipt.

Later that night we hopped to DL and rode SM. There they questioned the stamp, but gave me the photo anyway. Much longer process to scan my card, several confirm buttons and I received a receipt. So now I'm nervous RSR isn't on there.

Monday-rode Splash and similar experience to SM - lots of buttons and receipt. they didn't question the date. I then went to photo shop on Main St and they confirmed RSR was there. They suggested their computers for this process are different because it's a newer ride? I didn't think to ask about the date/stamp.

Later Monday we rode RSR again and they had to call someone about my lack of stamp to see if they could still give me my photos. They did and again- quicker process and no receipt.

All of those photos were there once we got home.

Even though some of our magic shots didn't make it onto the card, I would do this again. We have some great family pics I am actually in for a change. Splash photo came out pretty good. On RSR and SM, you can't really see DD4 and DD6 too well but when they are taller - this will be even better.
Oh, I completely forgot about the date stamp/punch. Yes, even that seemed to be a bit confusing for the cm's. I was fortunate enough that they knew they had to do it...but they almost punched for it to be valid for the entire month rather than just 14 days.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ValpoCory View Post
Thanks for the first hand report. So it appears it's back to plan A ... getting escorted into the park on my arrival day in order to get my PP+ card for a Goofy's Kitchen ressie.
Sorry... I really do hope the other people calling and what not are correct and that it is available at Goofy's Kitchen... but really it wasn't the end of the world to wait and get the voucher exchanged inside the park.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:53 PM   #420
two3jordan
Earning My Ears
 
two3jordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 4

Thanks for the tips on this!!! Mine just arrived today! Can't wait to use it in October! We will be doing 2 character breakfasts and am gonna love the fact that I might actually be in these pictures! Mom is always left out!!! LOL! Can't wait to use them for our Christmas card!
__________________
ME DH DD(7) DS(7)



DISNEYLAND VISITS: 2/2005 ~ 10/2008 ~ 3/2009 ~ 10/2012 ~ 12/2014
`
two3jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: