Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #391
lkperich
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girimama33 View Post
You get the gallery CD photos, any pictures taken (with the free pass), character meal photos (that are usually $30 for a few prints) and any ride photos from the ones listed are all on a CD that you paid $69.95 for. You can make prints cheaper by printing from your home printer, etc.

I wish they had this in April when we did a bunch of character meals, but didn't buy the prints. We are planning on Surf's Up in October, so I am definitely going to take advantage of this.

I would imagine they would include all ride photos from your trip.

Does anyone know if they have lots of PP photographers around during the Halloween parties? I may have to post that on the Halloween thread.

Question: I am so new to all this and not sure how this photopass thing works.....do you buy just one for your whole family? Or do you have to buy one for each person?
lkperich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #392
starry_solo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkperich View Post
Question: I am so new to all this and not sure how this photopass thing works.....do you buy just one for your whole family? Or do you have to buy one for each person?
For the Photopass +, you buy one and can use it for the whole family. The Photopass (regular) is free until you want to buy the CD and then it costs the same as the Photopass+ (pre-purchase).
starry_solo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2012, 11:49 AM   #393
starry_solo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by silence View Post
The ride photos just go on the pass. I checked, this is the main item they sell now in the park, a digital download of your photo for 14.95 and for 16.95 you get the download plus a 5x7. I swear I overheard them tell another guest that they could get all ride photos on the same download card for the 1 price if taken the same day. But, I'm not 100% sure about that.

For the meals, we got the physical photos brought out to us in the packages. My Plaza Inn photos are in my account, my Goofy's Kitchen photos are not.
Perhaps you have to add the Goofy's Kitchen photos yourself?
Old 07-13-2012, 11:53 AM   #394
starry_solo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDisney View Post
Thanks for the heads up! I will make sure that each pic get scanned and confirmed TWICE! I will just bug the CM to make sure it's been confirmed properly!!
Did you get a receipt from the ride person that added your photos? At WDW, after they added the photos, a receipt spit out from the register, saying ATTR Photo PP+ (I think ATTR is short for attraction). It rung up to show that it went through and the price was zero.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #395
silence
Missin' Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkpark View Post
I apologize if this is already in this thread - hard to search through on my phone... Has anyone exchanged their voucher at Goofy's Kitchen? Or can it only be done at the photo places inside DCA and DL? And if so, do they open for EE? thanks so much!
We heard CMs offering the Pass+ to all guests who didn't already have them when trying to sell the picture packages, so I imagine you can redeem your voucher there as well?

Past Trips: Feb/Mar '14 - GCH Cheer Comp / Dec '13 - Candy Cane Inn / June '13 Candy Cane Inn / May 4 13 DCL FANTASY cruise and MK / Jan '13 GCH / July '12 DLH / April 1 '12 DISNEY CRUISE on the WONDER! / Feb 20 11 DISNEYCRUISE to MR and DISNEYLAND - Candy Cane Inn / Oct 10 - GCH / Nov 10 - HoJos / July 10 - HoJo's / July 09 - HoJo's & DLH / May 09 - HoJo's / April 09 - HoJo's & Candy Cane Inn / January 09 - HoJo's / November 08 - HoJo's / October 08 - HoJo's / Aug 08 - Desert Inn / May 08 - Desert Inn and Suites / Mar 08 - Desert Inn and Suites / Nov 07 - Ramada Inn Maingate / Sept 07 - Hawthorn Suites / May 07 - Paradise Pier / Aug 06 - HoJo / Dec 05 - DLH / May 03 - Hawthorn Suites / Sept 02 - Hilton Garden Inn / Nov 00 - Hilton Garden Inn / Sept 99 - Hawthorn Suites
silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #396
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkpark View Post
Bummer - so if I ride RSR first thing - sounds like my best bet is to write down the photo # and then go back later after I've had time to hit the photo store?
It going to take about as much work to do this. Buy the RSR photo, go toa photo center and buy the PP+ package and they will give you a credit for the RSR Photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle'ssister View Post
I think that I read on here that they do not exchange vouchers st Goofy's. They do exchange them at the photo shops in DL and CA.
My guess it somone went and asked a CM who didn't know and gave incorrect information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silence View Post
We heard CMs offering the Pass+ to all guests who didn't already have them when trying to sell the picture packages, so I imagine you can redeem your voucher there as well?
According to Disney Photopass you can turn in your voucher at the meals.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:10 PM   #397
Mercenary
To infinity and beyond!

Interesting, so this brings me back 2 can you use photopass plus on both coasts and pay the higher price like the normal cd...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFugitiveGuy View Post
This might seem obvious to everyone, but I wanted to pass along confirmation that you can't use the DLR Photopass+ promotion code to order a CD that includes any WDW photos.

I happened to have some WDW from an earlier trip in my Photopass account. After purchasing the DLR Photopass+ package last month, I was curious what would happen when trying to redeem my DLR package online. When ordering the CD on the Photopass website, it detected that there were WDW pictures in my account, and thus the shopping cart said I was ordering a "DisneyWorld Photo CD" for $169. When I tried entering my DLR Photopass+ promotion code, it said my code was invalid or expired.

I contacted Photopass support, and very helpful Eva walked me through my options.
a) She could temporarily remove all my WDW photos from my account, so that when I tried ordering a PhotoCD, it would treat it as a DLR CD and accept my DLR Photopass+ promotion code.
b) Or, if I wanted to include my WDW photos on the CD as well, I could pay the $100 difference from what I paid for the DLR Photopass+ vs the WDW Photopass+, and get upgraded to the WDW Photopass+ that would include all pictures in my account from both coasts. This would take a few days to process through the billing department to cancel my current promotion code and instead give me a credit in my account, but it's the option I'll probably go for, since I had more WDW photos in my account than I realized.

NOTE: Once you have a Photopass+, it's not possible to "downgrade" to a regular Photopass CD. During my call and trying to explore all options, I asked if it would be possible to delete my DLR dining package and on-ride photos from my account, and then switch from a DLR Photopass+ to a WDW Photopass, but it is not possible.

Last edited by Mercenary; 07-13-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Mercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:15 PM   #398
Mercenary
To infinity and beyond!

Double post sorry
Mercenary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:12 AM   #399
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercenary View Post
Interesting, so this brings me back 2 can you use photopass plus on both coasts and pay the higher price like the normal cd...
Yes. You may have to call PhotoPass if something goes wrong, but it can happen.
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:36 AM   #400
MrsMears
Mouseketeer

Hopefully someone can help answer this question..

How long can you use the pass for? I have several trips planned before the end of November. Can I use the same pass for all of those visits?

Premium AP holders!
DLR visits
UPcoming:

2014: Beginning of March, 4 days
Past Disneyland visits:
2013: 6 days
2012: 48 Days
1988: Grad Night
1986: May
1973-1980: Monthly+
Past WDW visits:
July - August 1977
MrsMears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 06:43 AM   #401
AngelDisney
Dream a Disney Dream 0[;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMears View Post
Hopefully someone can help answer this question..

How long can you use the pass for? I have several trips planned before the end of November. Can I use the same pass for all of those visits?
Photopass + card expires 14 days after first use. Regular Photopass card expires 30 days after first use. You need to load the pics to your Photopass account for the CD before the card expires. Then you have another 30 days to edit and add borders to the pics before they expire from the account. Make sure you understand the timeline or you will lose your pics.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/disney...50650931518325

Hope this helps. Have fun planning!

AngelDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #402
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
The Photopass card can be used in theory forever, or at least as the bar code is no longer scanable and or the card ID number is lost.

When you get a picture added to the card, you have 30 days to go online and add it to your account. Then you have 30 days to edit and puchase products with that photo in your account. You can keep adding photos during this time, but in that second 30 day period you will have less and less time to do something with them.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:38 PM   #403
MrsMears
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
The Photopass card can be used in theory forever, or at least as the bar code is no longer scanable and or the card ID number is lost.

When you get a picture added to the card, you have 30 days to go online and add it to your account. Then you have 30 days to edit and puchase products with that photo in your account. You can keep adding photos during this time, but in that second 30 day period you will have less and less time to do something with them.
I must have cobwebs to clear today.. I am still not getting it. These are the dates I am going and I want to get as many pictures as possible during this time. Would it be beneficial for me to get the photopass+ card?

Sept 1 - Sept 3
Sept 15 - September 19
Oct 11 - Oct 14
Nov 1 - Nov 11
Nov 21 - Nov 23

Premium AP holders!
DLR visits
UPcoming:

2014: Beginning of March, 4 days
Past Disneyland visits:
2013: 6 days
2012: 48 Days
1988: Grad Night
1986: May
1973-1980: Monthly+
Past WDW visits:
July - August 1977
MrsMears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #404
wenrob
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I must have cobwebs to clear today.. I am still not getting it. These are the dates I am going and I want to get as many pictures as possible during this time. Would it be beneficial for me to get the photopass+ card?

Sept 1 - Sept 3
Sept 15 - September 19
Oct 11 - Oct 14
Nov 1 - Nov 11
Nov 21 - Nov 23
No because the "plus" part of the card, getting character meals and ride photos added, is only good for 14days from the first use.
Old 07-14-2012, 05:55 PM   #405
AngelDisney
Dream a Disney Dream 0[;)

Does anyone know when the Photopass Sales centers open? Will they be open during EMH? Wonder if I can get the Photopass + card before riding ToT and RSR during EMH.

Thanks in advance!

AngelDisney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: