Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #361
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I too have to figure out if the one in WDW will be better. I think the friend I am going with really wants it... she tells me that all the kinks will be worked out by the fall when we go. However, if it isn't the cost for WDW is a little harder to blow off as a failed experiment (which is kinda how I feel it was at DLR)
I wouldn't worry about WDW. Firstly they will have more time to practice, secondly a whole lot more people take part in PhotoPass there so they will have a greater of density practice over the extra time as well.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:58 PM   #362
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
I wouldn't worry about WDW. Firstly they will have more time to practice, secondly a whole lot more people take part in PhotoPass there so they will have a greater of density practice over the extra time as well.
I disagree. PhotoPass+ was rolled out at about the same time on both coasts.

And while WDW has more PhotoPass users in WDW, the folks that add your photo on your PhotoPass+ card will not have had extra time to practice.

But hopefully by fall both coast will be in the groove and have it down to a science.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #363
Disluvney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Just have to give you all another piece of advice.... MAKE SURE photos get loaded. I know quite a few times the cms seemed to have trouble loading pics to the card. (both ride locations and regular pp locations throughout the park) When I asked if it got loaded, each time I was told yes... Well... I am sad to say that some of my ride photos did not end up being loaded nor did some of my regular ones that I remember posing for.
Annmarieda - So sorry to hear that some of your ride photos and regular photos did not upload especially when you were told yes it did load.

Anyone else have this experience? Hopefully they figure this all out soon before our trip in October. I purchased the photopass+ specifically for the ride photos for the value. I would be super bummed if they did not load them correctly.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #364
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disluvney View Post
Annmarieda - So sorry to hear that some of your ride photos and regular photos did not upload especially when you were told yes it did load.
If you photos don't appear on your account you can do something about. Talk to the PP guest services and help them search for them. They will need to know when and where the photos were and what the picture looked like. Knowing it was the middle of main street, late morning and you were 2 tall boys a tall dad and short mom wearing blue shirts will help them sort like the photos.

Problem is, while regular PP photos are available for 30 days to search through, the ride photos just for two days and you need to go back to the ride to ask, the character meals photos I'm not sure about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
I disagree. PhotoPass+ was rolled out at about the same time on both coasts.

And while WDW has more PhotoPass users in WDW, the folks that add your photo on your PhotoPass+ card will not have had extra time to practice.

But hopefully by fall both coast will be in the groove and have it down to a science.

You can disagree but you are wrong. You have just restated what I did. By Fall a lot more time will pass so it should improve. More people in WDW use PP so they get more practice inside each day so it should imrpove.

Trying something new always has risks.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:51 PM   #365
Karenann*
Wishing upon a Star...

How can you determine if the pics were truly captured on the PP+ card as you go?
And are there photo numbers you could write down as you go identify the pics that may be missing?
Old 07-12-2012, 05:06 PM   #366
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenann* View Post
How can you determine if the pics were truly captured on the PP+ card as you go?
You can't unless you go online and enter your card ID # and see them in the account. The problem arrise when the CM scans your card but it doesn't actually scan. This can put your pictures on the guests before or after you. Also sometimes photos are saved when errors taking the picture occur. None of this happens often, but rare mistake do take place.

Now before you rush to the photoshops or online to see if those pictures are on your card there can be another problem if you do this. Once you check those pictures only stay in your account for 30 days, and most likely you would of had longer if you waited to check.

Quote:
And are there photo numbers you could write down as you go identify the pics that may be missing?
At rides and meals there are. You can get something like a reciept that are meant to be used to return and purchase them later. This has a # of the photo on it. At rides you have two days and for meals it may be similiar but I'm not sure.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #367
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenann* View Post
Yes, on both accounts. Had I first, wrote down the numbers from each ride it would have been helpful. Second, if I had double checked on mainstreet each day, I would have seen that I didn't get everything loaded. Course... here is where my problem with the system is... when you have only a few days and are rushing from here to there.... who wants to be making that extra trip to double check? As it was, the time I took to get the voucher sorted out was more time than I wanted to spend...even it if was only 30 minutes or less. (more than 15 but less than 30) I guess if I had checked online myself at the end of the day...and then the next day went back to the ride, with number in hand...it would have worked. But...again... 3 days... one day first in DL, the next in DCA. I had hoppers...but when all activities are planned in the other park it would be a pain to run to the other park to get the ride photo. I think they need to make it so that a. the main photo location in each park can load ride photos and that a guest can do it on line. I know I added my pictures from Akershus and CRT in WDW just by entering in the number on the hard copy photo. If I could have done that myself...then it would have been fine.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:15 PM   #368
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
You can't unless you go online and enter your card ID # and see them in the account. The problem arrise when the CM scans your card but it doesn't actually scan. This can put your pictures on the guests before or after you. Also sometimes photos are saved when errors taking the picture occur. None of this happens often, but rare mistake do take place.

Now before you rush to the photoshops or online to see if those pictures are on your card there can be another problem if you do this. Once you check those pictures only stay in your account for 30 days, and most likely you would of had longer if you waited to check.

It isn't just a matter of them scanning. I think that is where things went wrong. If I am correct in what I was seeing... the steps involve
1.entering the number from the ride photo
2. confirming that it is the correct photo
3. scanning the pp+ card

AND HERE is where I am certain my photos were lost.

4. a confirmation (I think that you want to have it added)
5. I THINK a second confirmation to confirm it was added.

So...if the cm scans but does not then confirm that the guest wants it added...the scan does nothing. then if they also do not click that second confirmation...again it is lost. I am not 100% there was a second confirmation...but it seemed like it. Seemed like the cm had a check mark and a x come up twice that they needed to click on.

And...that is a very good point about entering in your pp numbers immediately. You loose the time you would have to claim your cd...or extend.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:07 PM   #369
AngelDisney
Dream a Disney Dream 0[;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disluvney View Post

Anyone else have this experience? Hopefully they figure this all out soon before our trip in October. I purchased the photopass+ specifically for the ride photos for the value. I would be super bummed if they did not load them correctly.
I have been worrying about this problem as well .

For ride photos, I would take note of the numbers of the photos, and check if they are loaded properly at the photopass center daily. If any of them is not loaded properly, I can still go back within 48 hours to get it reload again! For regular photopass pics, I would use a regular photopass card and then add it to the account later for the photopass CD just in case. Otherwise, I would have to take note of the time, location and name of the photographer each time a pic is taken. Well, so much hassle here!!

Hope everything will work out fine in August for me!

AngelDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:13 PM   #370
AngelDisney
Dream a Disney Dream 0[;)

Quote:
It isn't just a matter of them scanning. I think that is where things went wrong. If I am correct in what I was seeing... the steps involve
1.entering the number from the ride photo
2. confirming that it is the correct photo
3. scanning the pp+ card

AND HERE is where I am certain my photos were lost.

4. a confirmation (I think that you want to have it added)
5. I THINK a second confirmation to confirm it was added.

So...if the cm scans but does not then confirm that the guest wants it added...the scan does nothing. then if they also do not click that second confirmation...again it is lost. I am not 100% there was a second confirmation...but it seemed like it. Seemed like the cm had a check mark and a x come up twice that they needed to click on.

And...that is a very good point about entering in your pp numbers immediately. You loose the time you would have to claim your cd...or extend.
Thanks for the heads up! I will make sure that each pic get scanned and confirmed TWICE! I will just bug the CM to make sure it's been confirmed properly!!

AngelDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:20 PM   #371
DianaSparrow
Mouseketeer

I so sorry to hear some were having problems with their PhotoPass + !

We just returned from 7 days at the resort and used PhotoPass+. First thing, we went to the photo shop at DCA - first shop on your right, turned in our voucher and received the card. This was the only time we had a problem since the Cast Member had never heard of the new product. Luckily, another Cast Member heard our conversation and said they would show the uninformed Cast Member how to "ring it up" and give us the correct PhotoPass + product. After that we used it whenever we saw a PhotoPass photographer (and we saw many of them) as well as all our ride photos and one character dining. For the Character Dining package, as we were getting up to leave, the "photo people" walked up to us with our photos (wow!). They did not know that we had the PhotoPass product so started talking about the cost, etc. I immediately flashed my PhotoPass+ card and they said, "those are really great!", scanned my card and handed me our Character Dining (Plaza Inn) photos and the images were also online.

When we did the ride photos, we immediately had our Photo card scanned and they always double checked by checking the last four digits of our photo code. The code was always correct.

I checked all our photos online yesterday and they were all there - I think a total of 78 PhotoPass photos. I don't think any were missing. I wonder if someone is having a problem loading the pictures on the card that maybe something is wrong with the card itself?

Maybe we were just lucky, but we found the service and the end result to be outstanding. Now I just need to go through all those photos to see if I want any enlarged or placed on a mug! This was the first time we've ever used PhotoPass.

I hope everyone else had the great experince we had!
DianaSparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:15 PM   #372
iKristin

DIS Veteran

Got my Photopass+ today...disappointed to open the package and find the disc package completely crushed. I'm just glad the disc wasn't broken. Still mad I need to replace the disc package because it's useless. My actual photo disc better not come this crushed or I will be very upset.

iKristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:37 AM   #373
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianaSparrow View Post
I checked all our photos online yesterday and they were all there - I think a total of 78 PhotoPass photos. I don't think any were missing. I wonder if someone is having a problem loading the pictures on the card that maybe something is wrong with the card itself?
The probelms you heard of are rare. Big problems are often noted as are excellent experience. Everyone in the middle the 99% done whine of brag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKristin View Post
Got my Photopass+ today...disappointed to open the package and find the disc package completely crushed. I'm just glad the disc wasn't broken. Still mad I need to replace the disc package because it's useless. My actual photo disc better not come this crushed or I will be very upset.
I haven't seem the photopass+ package. It sounds like from a couple other reports that the total packaging is either stressing the disc package or they are using some low quality sleeve material. If you call as I've seen in a couple other case of this, they will send a whole new package.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:54 AM   #374
silence
Missin' Mickey

Just wanted to post our experience with the package.

I ordered the first day it was posted here, it arrived in perfect condition.

Took the voucher to the Photo shop in DCA, they had no customers and 6 workers in the store. After slight confusion, they "rang me up" for a 0 cost card and we were on our way.

It comes on a lanyard, they tell you to wear it as they are supposed to take more pics for you (we didn't see that happening). The ride operators talked about what a great deal it was (it was for us, simply for those photos).

All our pics are on our card, but we didn't have that many. We tend to avoid lines like the plague, so we avoided most places with photographers. It was still worth it for the ride photos and picture packages from our 2 character meals.

Past Trips: Feb/Mar '14 - GCH Cheer Comp / Dec '13 - Candy Cane Inn / June '13 Candy Cane Inn / May 4 13 DCL FANTASY cruise and MK / Jan '13 GCH / July '12 DLH / April 1 '12 DISNEY CRUISE on the WONDER! / Feb 20 11 DISNEYCRUISE to MR and DISNEYLAND - Candy Cane Inn / Oct 10 - GCH / Nov 10 - HoJos / July 10 - HoJo's / July 09 - HoJo's & DLH / May 09 - HoJo's / April 09 - HoJo's & Candy Cane Inn / January 09 - HoJo's / November 08 - HoJo's / October 08 - HoJo's / Aug 08 - Desert Inn / May 08 - Desert Inn and Suites / Mar 08 - Desert Inn and Suites / Nov 07 - Ramada Inn Maingate / Sept 07 - Hawthorn Suites / May 07 - Paradise Pier / Aug 06 - HoJo / Dec 05 - DLH / May 03 - Hawthorn Suites / Sept 02 - Hilton Garden Inn / Nov 00 - Hilton Garden Inn / Sept 99 - Hawthorn Suites
silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:58 AM   #375
iKristin

DIS Veteran

so for the rides and character meals, do they give you the photos or just put the photos as an online copy with the disc??

oh and the package is just a slightly puffy envelope. Nothing special.

iKristin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: