Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 11:27 AM   #346
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,521

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Drat...I assumed it was the same 30 day limit as the regular photopass. I guess that option is out. Thanks for letting me know.

Now to decide btwn DL Photopass Plus (and no WDW), or regular Photopass for both coasts...
I would still buy the PhotoPass+ for DLR for $69.95. Then get all your ride, dining, and Photopass photos applied to your account. Your PP+ card will expire in 14 days. Then it gets unclear.

You can then go to WDW and add in your WDW regular PhotoPass pics to the account, and add a PhotoCD for $169.95, entering your code for the PhotoCD that you received in the mail for your DLR PP+. It could cancel out the entire cost of $169.95, or it might just reduce the cost by $69.95. I would think at least that would happen/could be applied as it is reasonable. If the latter is the case, you might be able to pre-order a PhotoCD at WDW for $119.95 before your DLR trip, and then apply the PhotoCD from the DLR PP+. Not sure if that will do anything. I would call PhotoPass to discuss your plan.
__________________
Disney Trips:
Disneyland: Jan '13 (VGC -- Trip Report), Aug '10 (Beach house), May '04 (Good Neighbor hotel), Sept '00 (Good Neighbor hotel), about a dozen times from 1985-89
WDW: Jan '11 (BWV), Oct '08 (CBR), Sept '07 (POFQ), May '99 (CSR), Mar '92 (CBR), June '82 (Offsite)
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:07 PM   #347
starry_solo
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: California
Posts: 1,657

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Drat...I assumed it was the same 30 day limit as the regular photopass. I guess that option is out. Thanks for letting me know.

Now to decide btwn DL Photopass Plus (and no WDW), or regular Photopass for both coasts...
The 14 day time limit is for the + portion of the pass (ride photos + meal photos). Supposedly (although I haven't tested it), you still get 30 days for the rest of the photos.

However, I doubt you would be able to get the $120 pre-order price for the WDW and combine it with the $69.95 DLR Photopass+. Why? Because you have to pre-pay/pre-purchase both in order to get the discounted price. So, that equals $189.95. You'd probably (although unsure) have to pay the difference between the regular price of the WDW Photopass ($169.95) and the pre-purchase price of the DLR Photopass+ ($69.95). So, an extra $100.
starry_solo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-10-2012, 04:24 PM   #348
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Drive to DL, Fly to WDW
Posts: 28,453

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry_solo View Post
The 14 day time limit is for the + portion of the pass (ride photos + meal photos). Supposedly (although I haven't tested it), you still get 30 days for the rest of the photos.
I want this to be really clear because this 14 day thing will the Plus is confusing lots of people.


Regular Photopass, you get a card, use it to get pictures, they stay in your account for 30 days, you can use that same card for the 30 days, or multiple cards during the 30 days.

Photopass Plus, you get one Plus card, that you can only use for 14days. The photos stay in your account for 30 days.

You can use each type of card at the same time and put the photos into the same account.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:32 PM   #349
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,521

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiingfast View Post
I want this to be really clear because this 14 day thing will the Plus is confusing lots of people.


Regular Photopass, you get a card, use it to get pictures, they stay in your account for 30 days, you can use that same card for the 30 days, or multiple cards during the 30 days.

Photopass Plus, you get one Plus card, that you can only use for 14days. The photos stay in your account for 30 days.

You can use each type of card at the same time and put the photos into the same account.
Is it 30 days from the day the picture was taken or 30 days from when the PhotoPass or PhotoPass+ card was added to the online account? Say you are going to WDW 40 days after going to DLR. Can you do the PhotoPass/Photopass+ at the DLR, and wait 20 days to enter the card numbers online, and have all your DLR and WDW pictures be on the same PhotoCD (ignoring the option to buy a 7 day extension)?
__________________
Disney Trips:
Disneyland: Jan '13 (VGC -- Trip Report), Aug '10 (Beach house), May '04 (Good Neighbor hotel), Sept '00 (Good Neighbor hotel), about a dozen times from 1985-89
WDW: Jan '11 (BWV), Oct '08 (CBR), Sept '07 (POFQ), May '99 (CSR), Mar '92 (CBR), June '82 (Offsite)
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #350
mzalicia
Mouseketeer
 
mzalicia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 111

I saw a post in the recent Allears newsletter with something I hope is true


"...a photographer shared some very important information. He said that if the people in your party take pictures of the <Photopass+> card, with cellphones for example, the PhotoPass camera readers are able to read the code. This way groups can split up and still take advantage of the Photopass+ card."


I'm going to try this when I'm at DLR in 3 weeks as I'm sharing a Photopass+ card with 2 other families. I hope this works for ridephotos too!

Alicia
__________________


mzalicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:28 PM   #351
laura&fam
we must never, never doubt what no one is sure about
 
laura&fam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: near SLC, Utah
Posts: 1,215

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzalicia View Post
I saw a post in the recent Allears newsletter with something I hope is true


"...a photographer shared some very important information. He said that if the people in your party take pictures of the <Photopass+> card, with cellphones for example, the PhotoPass camera readers are able to read the code. This way groups can split up and still take advantage of the Photopass+ card."


I'm going to try this when I'm at DLR in 3 weeks as I'm sharing a Photopass+ card with 2 other families. I hope this works for ridephotos too!

Alicia
Please let us know how this turns out. We have a group that I know will be spliting up alot and going back and adding all the ride photos sounds like a pain.
__________________
me DH DD DS DS
laura&fam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #352
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Drive to DL, Fly to WDW
Posts: 28,453

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValpoCory View Post
Is it 30 days from the day the picture was taken or 30 days from when the PhotoPass or PhotoPass+ card was added to the online account? Say you are going to WDW 40 days after going to DLR. Can you do the PhotoPass/Photopass+ at the DLR, and wait 20 days to enter the card numbers online, and have all your DLR and WDW pictures be on the same PhotoCD (ignoring the option to buy a 7 day extension)?
They are, instead of saying in your account, they are attached to the cards for 30 days. By the end of the 30 days you need to enter that card ID# to your account or they start dissapearing. When you do this you have 30 days to edit and purchase.

Say you start you get your first picture on July 1st. You must get that picture in your account by July 30th(30days). It will now stay in your account to August 29th(30days). During this time you can add a new card each day and all the photos will be in your account. But on August 30th the first card's photos will be gone.

That is how you can combine trips into one purchase. The problem can be the last photos taken, you don't have a lot of time to edit, or put in a photobook. That's why-> If you need more time to edit or make purchases you can buy extensions to hold the photos in your account over the 30 days. I think it's a week for $5 and two weeks for $10. I'm not too sure on the pricing but it was around that a year ago.


Another accident that happens often is while in the parks people go into the Photo Stores to view their pictures. When they do this the pictures go into their account and they started the 30day window to edit and purchase.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:51 AM   #353
WDWFigment
Owner of Disney Tourist Blog
 
WDWFigment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,218

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsquad View Post
WHOA!! Hold everything! WDWFigment - you used Photopass?!? Can't wait to read your next update.

Have been drooling over your recently posted pics. You (and your sweetheart) share inspiring photos.

Thanks for all you do.
Thanks for the kind words!

I posted a 2,000 word review of PhotoPass+ on my blog today. I've been told by a DISboards moderator not to link to my site on here, so unfortunately you're on your own for finding it.
__________________
Visit my new non-Disney travel photography blog.

Follow me: Twitter - Instagram - Facebook - Pinterest
WDWFigment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:59 AM   #354
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,537

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cielei View Post
Thank you for letting us (me) know. I'll just pop over early while everyone gets seated for breakfast and take care of it first thing. Hopefully, that will work!
It was interesting. They had no clue what to do. Me being the couponer...and seeing the bar code on the back of the voucher. I told them to scan the package like I was buying the pp+ and then try scanning the voucher and I bet it takes the cost off. Sure enough...it worked. We all laughed at how I didn't even work there and could instruct on how to do it.

I would definitely say get your voucher turned in BEFORE you do anything else. I was able to still get my photos from the two meals we had, but it was a pain...and different from each. Goofy's... they loaded to a pp card and then the shop on main street had to print up the package. Minnie's... they held the package at the restaurant and I had to go back.

Also...I was told on main street that they COULD NOT add photos from rides to the card so be forewarned. If you do not get them at the ride...you have to go back to that ride.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 12:58 PM   #355
TheFugitiveGuy
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1

This might seem obvious to everyone, but I wanted to pass along confirmation that you can't use the DLR Photopass+ promotion code to order a CD that includes any WDW photos.

I happened to have some WDW from an earlier trip in my Photopass account. After purchasing the DLR Photopass+ package last month, I was curious what would happen when trying to redeem my DLR package online. When ordering the CD on the Photopass website, it detected that there were WDW pictures in my account, and thus the shopping cart said I was ordering a "DisneyWorld Photo CD" for $169. When I tried entering my DLR Photopass+ promotion code, it said my code was invalid or expired.

I contacted Photopass support, and very helpful Eva walked me through my options.
a) She could temporarily remove all my WDW photos from my account, so that when I tried ordering a PhotoCD, it would treat it as a DLR CD and accept my DLR Photopass+ promotion code.
b) Or, if I wanted to include my WDW photos on the CD as well, I could pay the $100 difference from what I paid for the DLR Photopass+ vs the WDW Photopass+, and get upgraded to the WDW Photopass+ that would include all pictures in my account from both coasts. This would take a few days to process through the billing department to cancel my current promotion code and instead give me a credit in my account, but it's the option I'll probably go for, since I had more WDW photos in my account than I realized.

NOTE: Once you have a Photopass+, it's not possible to "downgrade" to a regular Photopass CD. During my call and trying to explore all options, I asked if it would be possible to delete my DLR dining package and on-ride photos from my account, and then switch from a DLR Photopass+ to a WDW Photopass, but it is not possible.
TheFugitiveGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:17 AM   #356
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,537

Just have to give you all another piece of advice.... MAKE SURE photos get loaded. I know quite a few times the cms seemed to have trouble loading pics to the card. (both ride locations and regular pp locations throughout the park) When I asked if it got loaded, each time I was told yes... Well... I am sad to say that some of my ride photos did not end up being loaded nor did some of my regular ones that I remember posing for.

All in all it was still worth it because I got the printed photos from the two meals (otherwise the few photos that did get loaded would not have been worth it) Then again though... it is just a good thing I had those last minute meals added in after I pre purchased the pp+ I wasnt planning on them originally...but thought "why not... it will add value to the pp+ cd".
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:39 AM   #357
momsquad
DisneyDiva
 
momsquad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 231

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWFigment View Post
Thanks for the kind words!

I posted a 2,000 word review of PhotoPass+ on my blog today. I've been told by a DISboards moderator not to link to my site on here, so unfortunately you're on your own for finding it.
Read it all this morning! Very interesting take on the whole process. For me, I chose to get the pass. Similar reasons to yours - for $70 if I buy only 5 pics I feel I've broke even. Reality is, once I'm home and missing my trip - I'd buy more! I never bought the ride photos before (too $$!) Then we had one appear that was so good, I had to break down and buy - it is our treasured photo. Therefore I'm quite excited about the ride photos being included now. I also enjoy the "magic" photos. Yes, could photoshop myself - but not the same kind of "magic."

Now, if I took the quality pics you did, I would think twice about the pass. But to alleviate some of the worry over coming home with the "right" pic, I just make sure to include the cost of the pass in my planning budget. I do ask the photopass photographer to take pics with my camera - and honestly, sometimes my camera is the better pic!

BTW, my DS and DD (going with me this OCT) have all been enjoying your wonderfully colorful pics from your recent trip to DLAND. Can't wait to see Cars Land!!

Keep those updates coming! Enjoy your reviews. "Pay myself by the word" Love it!
__________________
momsquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:34 AM   #358
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet
 
jeanigor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rochester Hills, Michigan
Posts: 14,641

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Just have to give you all another piece of advice.... MAKE SURE photos get loaded. I know quite a few times the cms seemed to have trouble loading pics to the card. (both ride locations and regular pp locations throughout the park) When I asked if it got loaded, each time I was told yes... Well... I am sad to say that some of my ride photos did not end up being loaded nor did some of my regular ones that I remember posing for.

All in all it was still worth it because I got the printed photos from the two meals (otherwise the few photos that did get loaded would not have been worth it) Then again though... it is just a good thing I had those last minute meals added in after I pre purchased the pp+ I wasnt planning on them originally...but thought "why not... it will add value to the pp+ cd".
I have to echo your statement.

Perhaps it is because it is still relatively new, but the CM's at the ride photo booths all seemed to have issues with the process of loading it onto the card.

It took the CM at Screamin' four attempts to put the photo on the card. But she finally did. I wish I could say the same thing about the CM at Radiator Springs Racers.

I emailed the folks at PhotoPass and they apologized as nothing could be done (as I expected, but they couldn't do anything worse than say "no") and that the photo of our first ride was gone. Good thing we rode it again, so we have at least one photo.

We did add Breakfast with Minnie at The Plaza Inn because of the PhotoPass+ card. Since the photo would be included, I saw it as a perceived added value. The photo wasn't so great. I'm okay with just us and no character, but the background is lousy and he didn't even pause long enough for us to all smile before taking the picture and shoo-shooing us inside.

It was nice to have. We used it for two whole days and two partial days. I would certainly get it again at the $79 price. Not sure about $99.

Next thing is to figure out if the WDW one is just a good of value and worth it.
__________________
__
You may call me Todd. Tiara Todd.__________I am fairly certain that if given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world. One sequin at a time.
jeanigor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #359
esc38372
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
It was interesting. They had no clue what to do. Me being the couponer...and seeing the bar code on the back of the voucher. I told them to scan the package like I was buying the pp+ and then try scanning the voucher and I bet it takes the cost off. Sure enough...it worked. We all laughed at how I didn't even work there and could instruct on how to do it.
I made the same suggestion to the cashier at Main Street Photo, but she refused to try. She was afraid that she would somehow invalidate my voucher.

So we waited...as she contacted supervisors and waited for them to show up, look at my voucher, look up instructions, read the instructions, follow the instructions, etc. etc.
esc38372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #360
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,537

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
I have to echo your statement.

Perhaps it is because it is still relatively new, but the CM's at the ride photo booths all seemed to have issues with the process of loading it onto the card.

It took the CM at Screamin' four attempts to put the photo on the card. But she finally did. I wish I could say the same thing about the CM at Radiator Springs Racers.

I emailed the folks at PhotoPass and they apologized as nothing could be done (as I expected, but they couldn't do anything worse than say "no") and that the photo of our first ride was gone. Good thing we rode it again, so we have at least one photo.

We did add Breakfast with Minnie at The Plaza Inn because of the PhotoPass+ card. Since the photo would be included, I saw it as a perceived added value. The photo wasn't so great. I'm okay with just us and no character, but the background is lousy and he didn't even pause long enough for us to all smile before taking the picture and shoo-shooing us inside.

It was nice to have. We used it for two whole days and two partial days. I would certainly get it again at the $79 price. Not sure about $99.

Next thing is to figure out if the WDW one is just a good of value and worth it.

OMG! That is what happened with our photo at Minnie's too... we kinda got into "position" didn't even have a chance to smile...and click it was done. You don't really get a chance to "redo" if the photo isn't great. Ours wasn't... but it is still nice to have.

I too have to figure out if the one in WDW will be better. I think the friend I am going with really wants it... she tells me that all the kinks will be worked out by the fall when we go. However, if it isn't the cost for WDW is a little harder to blow off as a failed experiment (which is kinda how I feel it was at DLR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esc38372 View Post
I made the same suggestion to the cashier at Main Street Photo, but she refused to try. She was afraid that she would somehow invalidate my voucher.

So we waited...as she contacted supervisors and waited for them to show up, look at my voucher, look up instructions, read the instructions, follow the instructions, etc. etc.
I admit, I may have been a tad pushy about it.

I really hope they get more knowledgeable about the pp+ soon so that less people have to struggle to turn in vouchers and get photos loaded.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: