Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2012, 05:31 PM   #286
BayGirl22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by esc38372 View Post
I went to the Main Street photo supply store on Saturday to exchange my PP Plus voucher. There were no lines, but the CMs had no idea how to process my voucher and spent a lot of time calling supervisors, reading instructions, thinking, discussing, etc. before finally ringing it up. Very annoying to waste 15-20 minutes of parktime while they "trained." They kept telling me that PP Plus was very new, so they didn't know how to handle it. (The cashier didn't even know what PP Plus was and asked me all sorts of questions about how much it cost, what it provided, etc.)

Ugh! I wish they had just taken my voucher, given me the PP Plus card, and figured out how to ring it up on their own.
That's annoying.

Is there somewhere we can turn in the voucher in Downtown Disney or outside the parks? I'd like to redeem mine the night we arrive, our first morning will be MM so I don't want to waste time with PP on the way to Fantasy Land. I assume any pictures taken before I get the PP+ card can be added to my account later though, right?

Mine arrived quickly too, it was sent UPS 2nd day. I think it took less than 5 days from when I ordered it.
BayGirl22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:50 PM   #287
pixiemomof3
Mouseketeer

I just got my photopass today in the mail, ordered June 28th and got it July 2!

Does Goofy's Kitchen do voucher exchanges for the photopass or do I have to exchange first at the park?
pixiemomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2012, 05:59 PM   #288
laura&fam
we must never, never doubt what no one is sure about

[QUOTE=BayGirl22;45354555]That's annoying.

Is there somewhere we can turn in the voucher in Downtown Disney or outside the parks? I'd like to redeem mine the night we arrive, our first morning will be MM so I don't want to waste time with PP on the way to Fantasy Land. I assume any pictures taken before I get the PP+ card can be added to my account later though, right?
[QUOTE]

I second this. I want my card right away so I don't have to bother adding the ride photos later, but that first hour or so that the park opens is golden and I don't want to waste it standing in line for my card.

Has anyone used it yet on the ride photos? How is it working out?

Also one of Disney's facebook quotes says that the "card holder" has to add the ride photos. The card doesn't actually have your name on it or anything does it? Certainly if my DH is currently holding it he can use it can't he?
Old 07-03-2012, 11:45 PM   #289
JacksGirlz
DIS Veteran

Just got our voucher and stock photo CD in the mail last week. Really like the idea of getting the character dining and ride photos on the photopass CD so I can't wait to try this out when we go in October.

May 2006- Wilderness Lodge-1st trip to WDW, December 2006- Pop Century, October 2007- SSR and MNSSHP, November 2007- 1st Disney Cruise , January 2008 - SSR, Boardwalk, October 2008 - Pop Century and MNSSHP, March 2009 - Pop Century, May 2009 - VWL, December 2010-Pop Century and 1st MVMCP, March 2011- Disney Dream and SSR, January 2012 - Disney Wonder, March 2012 - Disney Magic and POR Royal Guest Room, March 2013 - Disney Fantasy and AofA Resort Little Mermaid Room, June 2013 - ABD Germany, Once Upon a Fairytale, July 2013 - ABD - Ireland, the Emerald Isle, August 2013 - Disney Wonder, July 2014 - DIS Exclusive Backstage Magic ABD
JacksGirlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:48 PM   #290
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Personally, I am hoping to go to Goofy's Kitchen on friday (yes, in just 3 days ) rather than waist the time in the park trying to get it. I really hope this works as slick as it is suppose to. Sounds like the cm's are not really up to speed on it...and if that is the case, I am not sure how easy it will be to use. I mean, we get the photos from the dinning, right? If they cms don't know about the pp + it will be interesting to see how they handle it.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:34 AM   #291
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayGirl22 View Post
That's annoying.

Mine arrived quickly too, it was sent UPS 2nd day. I think it took less than 5 days from when I ordered it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiemomof3 View Post
I just got my photopass today in the mail, ordered June 28th and got it July 2!

Does Goofy's Kitchen do voucher exchanges for the photopass or do I have to exchange first at the park?
Quote:
Originally Posted by laura&fam View Post
[
I second this. I want my card right away so I don't have to bother adding the ride photos later, but that first hour or so that the park opens is golden and I don't want to waste it standing in line for my card.

Has anyone used it yet on the ride photos? How is it working out?

Also one of Disney's facebook quotes says that the "card holder" has to add the ride photos. The card doesn't actually have your name on it or anything does it? Certainly if my DH is currently holding it he can use it can't he?
Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Personally, I am hoping to go to Goofy's Kitchen on friday (yes, in just 3 days ) rather than waist the time in the park trying to get it. I really hope this works as slick as it is suppose to. Sounds like the cm's are not really up to speed on it...and if that is the case, I am not sure how easy it will be to use. I mean, we get the photos from the dinning, right? If they cms don't know about the pp + it will be interesting to see how they handle it.
You can exchange your voucher at the character meals, except for Storytellers Cafe, or at the photo shops in each park.

You can start collecting photos on a regular photopass photocard right away no need to rush to a meal or store to exchange the vouchers first. All photos collected on regular photopass cards can be put into the same photopass account as the plus pictures. You do need the Plus Card in hand when you want to add the on ride photos or meal photos into your photopass account.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:49 AM   #292
skiingfast
Has had no bacon
Skiing fast to chocolate
But, will he succeed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura&fam View Post
It says this to make something clear. All the photos that you can only get with the plus option must be added to the plus card.

All the regular PP photos can be added to any other card.

When you go online and add the PP+ card it will add the plus photos and any other PP photos. Then you can add in multiple regular PP cards. All of the pictures will go into your account.

What it comes down to is:
You only get one PP+ Card.
The PP+ card can only be used to collect photos for 14 days.
The PP+ card can be used at non traditional PP locations where photos are taken like on rides, at meals and BBB.
While you can pick up a regular PP card for free from any PP Photographer, a PP+ card has to be purchased before use.
skiingfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:32 AM   #293
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

I hope the people adding the ride photos aren't as uneducated about PP+ as the Main Street Photography people were! As anyone tried adding their ride photo? How did that go?
Old 07-04-2012, 03:36 PM   #294
belle'ssister
Belle's Sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValpoCory

Keep in mind that it is free to participate in some PhotoPass activities without buying anything. You can have PhotoPass photographers all around the parks take your picture, see them online, and share them with family and friends.

What you are buying with the PhotoPass is a PhotoCD and the right to make prints of the photos. What you are buying with the PhotoPass+ is that plus ride and dining photos. And if you buy the PhotoPass+ package ahead of time, you get it at the same price as the regular PhotoCD.
Valpocory, thanks for the concise explanation. Very helpful.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:33 PM   #295
esc38372
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBudgie View Post
I hope the people adding the ride photos aren't as uneducated about PP+ as the Main Street Photography people were! As anyone tried adding their ride photo? How did that go?
We didn't have any problems adding the ride photos to the PP Plus card. The only problem was at the Main Street Photo shop. I wish we could have exchanged the voucher for the PP Plus card before going into the parks, but we didn't have a character meal planned at Goofy's etc.

Overall, the PP Plus card was a good experience; I was just annoyed by the lengthy "training" at the Main Street Photo shop and the CMs' explanations that the PP Plus was very new (two weeks old) and so they needed to learn how to use it. It would have been easy to buy a PP Plus card at the photo shop; the difficulty was using the voucher.
esc38372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:02 PM   #296
PinkBudgie
Expert Disneyland Snowball Maker
I've been wearing my LGMH for several years now

Quote:
Originally Posted by esc38372 View Post
We didn't have any problems adding the ride photos to the PP Plus card. The only problem was at the Main Street Photo shop. I wish we could have exchanged the voucher for the PP Plus card before going into the parks, but we didn't have a character meal planned at Goofy's etc.

Overall, the PP Plus card was a good experience; I was just annoyed by the lengthy "training" at the Main Street Photo shop and the CMs' explanations that the PP Plus was very new (two weeks old) and so they needed to learn how to use it. It would have been easy to buy a PP Plus card at the photo shop; the difficulty was using the voucher.
Ok, thanks for breaking them in! We are actually arriving in the afternoon on our first day so we will have time to take care of things like that without wasting morning time.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:05 PM   #297
esc38372
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkBudgie View Post
Ok, thanks for breaking them in!
You're welcome--hope someone can benefit from my experience!
esc38372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:29 PM   #298
TheZue
DIS Veteran

Okay I may have to dig through my recycling bags. To order the CD do we get a code with the photpass + card/voucher or was their a code somewhere else in the packaging? Luckily I missed garbage day last week

World didn't end, I'm going back!

Past Disneyland visits: 1983, 1995, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2012
How the heck do I not have a tag yet???
TheZue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #299
Nintfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheZue View Post
Okay I may have to dig through my recycling bags. To order the CD do we get a code with the photpass + card/voucher or was their a code somewhere else in the packaging? Luckily I missed garbage day last week
The voucher you bring to the park looks like a rectangle coupon. (mine was taped to the front of the case. The code for the CD is in the inserts of the CD case. Mine was in the folded insert, printed in the literature. Unfold the insert and you should see it.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:47 PM   #300
TheZue
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintfamily View Post
The voucher you bring to the park looks like a rectangle coupon. (mine was taped to the front of the case. The code for the CD is in the inserts of the CD case. Mine was in the folded insert, printed in the literature. Unfold the insert and you should see it.
Found it thanks I hadn't looked in there because the case is pretty smashed and opening it is kinda a pain in the bum.

World didn't end, I'm going back!

Past Disneyland visits: 1983, 1995, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2012
How the heck do I not have a tag yet???
TheZue is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: