Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2013, 04:27 PM   #826
beck02
Earning My Ears

stupid GC question

I just got 16 Disney gift cards from Target... and loaded them into the free disney app, and somewhere along the way decided it was a lot of work, though it was nice to get the not quite 10% discount.

Does anyone know if you can ADD money (like at Target) to an existing card? Even if it still has money on it???? The ones at target all had a $50 amount, but would prefer to have a couple of cards that have around $200 each (for dining out, etc).

THANKS!
beck02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 04:59 PM   #827
Disneychica18
Earning My Ears

Our BiLo sells Disney cards and the full value goes towards fuel perks. It's a good way to build our fuel perks and get us check gas.
Disneychica18 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2013, 05:02 PM   #828
Disneychica18
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneychica18 View Post
Our BiLo sells Disney cards and the full value goes towards fuel perks. It's a good way to build our fuel perks and get us check gas.
Check should be cheap
Disneychica18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:04 PM   #829
DisneyBabies
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by beck02 View Post
I just got 16 Disney gift cards from Target... and loaded them into the free disney app, and somewhere along the way decided it was a lot of work, though it was nice to get the not quite 10% discount.

Does anyone know if you can ADD money (like at Target) to an existing card? Even if it still has money on it???? The ones at target all had a $50 amount, but would prefer to have a couple of cards that have around $200 each (for dining out, etc).

THANKS!
Did Target have them for 10% off? I checked the ad, but didn't see them.

Me DH DS10 DD8 DD 22mo Oreo Harry II Reeses Pieces (I need a Guinea Pig smilie!)

BCR April 2007 - 3rd Anniversary w/DH
CBR Pirate Room February 2009 - DS's 5th B-day w/DH & DS
POP March 2010 - 6th Anniversary w/DH
ASMusic Suite February 2011 - DD's 5th B-day w/DH & DD
ASSports October 2014 - My B-day w/DH
AoA Nemo Suite October 2015 - MNSSHP w/DH, DS & DD
DisneyBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #830
Disney*Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyBabies View Post
Did Target have them for 10% off? I checked the ad, but didn't see them.
Good question!

October 18-25 at CSR
Disney*Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:14 PM   #831
Disney*Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beck02 View Post

THANKS!
As far as I know, you cannot add to the ones at Target at Target. Not sure if you can anywhere else? It isn't too bad to enter them on the full site though, that is what I have been doing.

October 18-25 at CSR
Disney*Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 08:44 PM   #832
HappyGal
DIS Veteran

The Target Entertainment cards weren't on sale. If you purchase them with your Target Red Card you automatically get 5% off. And if you get your prescriptions filled there and you participate in the Pharmacy Rewards Program you can earn a 5% off coupon (for every 5 refills you get). So if you use your Target Red Card and your Pharmacy Rewards coupon you save almost 10%.

Monica
HappyGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:15 PM   #833
islandtimect
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGal View Post
The Target Entertainment cards weren't on sale. If you purchase them with your Target Red Card you automatically get 5% off. And if you get your prescriptions filled there and you participate in the Pharmacy Rewards Program you can earn a 5% off coupon (for every 5 refills you get). So if you use your Target Red Card and your Pharmacy Rewards coupon you save almost 10%.
Is there an annual fee for the pharmacy card? Do you save money on prescriptions with it? We have the Target red card, but get 5 prescriptions filled each month with our Walgreens card. We have lousy insurance and save money on prescriptions this way, but 5% off at Target sounds great!

Marie - DVC member: AKV, BLT
islandtimect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:31 PM   #834
GoofyMB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandtimect View Post

Is there an annual fee for the pharmacy card? Do you save money on prescriptions with it? We have the Target red card, but get 5 prescriptions filled each month with our Walgreens card. We have lousy insurance and save money on prescriptions this way, but 5% off at Target sounds great!

Marie - DVC member: AKV, BLT
No fee and prescriptions seem to cost the same as if I got them at Walmart or elsewhere. The only thing I wanted to add is if you want to switch check the pharmacy hours at your store. Because of the hours I literally can only pick up prescriptions on weekends because they are not open before I go to work and are closed before I get home.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:10 AM   #835
aliceindisneyland
DIS Veteran

There are 10% off entire purchase in store at Target coupons on ebay that appear to be tied to moving as they say Welcome Savings into your new home. Has anyone successfully used one of these in store and gotten the 10% off Disney gift cards? And did your Target Red Visa/debit stack for additional 5% off? -- Or, does anyone know how you get one of those coupons? They sell for a lot of $$, so I don't want to chance it as I don't have any other high value Target purchases I could use it on to make up the price if it doesn't work.
aliceindisneyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:06 AM   #836
missbrooke06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommycrawford View Post

Sadly, no!
I'm bummed about the CVS thing. I'm trying to figure out how to use my Viggle points to discount our trip. Anyone have anything clever yet?
missbrooke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:06 PM   #837
wendow
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliceindisneyland View Post
There are 10% off entire purchase in store at Target coupons on ebay that appear to be tied to moving as they say Welcome Savings into your new home. Has anyone successfully used one of these in store and gotten the 10% off Disney gift cards? And did your Target Red Visa/debit stack for additional 5% off? -- Or, does anyone know how you get one of those coupons? They sell for a lot of $$, so I don't want to chance it as I don't have any other high value Target purchases I could use it on to make up the price if it doesn't work.
I actually came on here to post the same question. We did just move and when I changed our address with the USPS, I was emailed one of these Target 10% the entire purchase coupons!! I also have a Red card so I am wondering if it all stacks as well. The 10% movers coupon does say it excludes Gift cards but not sure if that just means the Target ones

me , dh , dd14 , dd12 , ds6 , ds3
wendow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #838
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Publix Deal

Right now in the Publix in-store purple flyer there is a coupon for $10 off a $50 AmEx gift card with a min grocery purchase of $25. Even with the $4.95 activation fee per card, that is a 10% savings on the AmEx GC.

I am going to use the AmEx GC's to buy one of the wristlet Disney GC at Food & Wine

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 04:08 PM   #839
mickey'sbud
DIS Veteran

Can you make the purchase of the AMEX gift card at publix + groceries with any credit card ?
Old 08-25-2013, 04:11 PM   #840
babyberger
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey'sbud View Post
Can you make the purchase of the AMEX gift card at publix + groceries with any credit card ?
Yep, I used my Disney Visa to buy it

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My Trip Reports:
Special Needs, Special Diets...No Problem (hopefully)!
A Year Is Way Too Long To Wait! We Just Keep Booking Trips!
Walt Disney World with Some Tasty New Finds

Follow Me at Blogger, Twitter, Pinterest
babyberger is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: