Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2012, 05:31 PM   #61
rdominy
Mouseketeer

The Target card is a credit card you sign up for that gives you 5% off every time you shop. The pharmacy 5% card you get in the mail after you purchase 5 new prescriptions.
rdominy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #62
Casperina
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdominy View Post
The Target card is a credit card you sign up for that gives you 5% off every time you shop. The pharmacy 5% card you get in the mail after you purchase 5 new prescriptions.
Thank you, lovely!
Guess I will have to hold out for another kind of discount or reward then...
Unmedicated and no credit history so far
Casperina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2012, 06:42 PM   #63
richard39
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmalade View Post
I didn't know Bj's carried Disney gift cards. I am going to have to look this weekend when I go.
I found some at the BJ's in Franklin Mass. last week was the first time i've seen them there and this is my plan on buying them there you save $4.01 for each $100 card so for every $1000 you save $40.10
richard39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:47 PM   #64
richard39
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanLubey View Post
Confirmed by my hubby, a manager at a MA BJ's. They now sell them. We get rewards of cash back, so I am very excited that we'll get this discount, plus the $$ back from the rewards and we'll buy gift cards with that too!
would you ask your hubby if BJ's allows you to your debt card as a credit card for gift card purchases or does it have to be cash or a debt card option? thank you and would you mind just messaging me back in case i miss the answer here thank you
Old 07-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #65
GoofyMB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casperina
Thank you, lovely!
Target doesn't let you sign up for the credit card anymore but they do have a Redcard debit card option that still gets you the 5% off benefit

GoofyMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:53 PM   #66
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casperina View Post
Thank you, lovely!
Target also has a debit card that is just like your debit bank card. That is free and the money just comes out of your checking account. That is not a credit card and you still get the 5% off.

Also it is not just off 5 NEW prescriptions, it can be 5 refills that you do. So if you get a prescription filled every month that would work.

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Wanna be Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:55 PM   #67
richard39
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyMB View Post
I saw them in the electronics dept a couple of days ag in MA
where in Mass?
Old 07-13-2012, 06:58 PM   #68
richard39
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdominy View Post
Okay, so now I'm REALLY excited. I knew I should trust the DIS instead of the Target employees. I just went to Target and bought a $15 Chick-fil-a card and it was 5% off. (It was classified as an entertainment card).
So....if I purchase $1500 in Disney Cards, I will save $150 (with my additional 5% off pharmacy card).
Just want to check and make sure that would work. Also, at that point, I could bring all 30 cards back home and apply them to my Disney balance online, correct?

yes this is correct
Old 07-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #69
Casperina
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Target doesn't let you sign up for the credit card anymore but they do have a Redcard debit card option that still gets you the 5% off benefit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna be Ariel View Post
Target also has a debit card that is just like your debit bank card. That is free and the money just comes out of your checking account. That is not a credit card and you still get the 5% off.

Also it is not just off 5 NEW prescriptions, it can be 5 refills that you do. So if you get a prescription filled every month that would work.
Thanks for the help!
Guess I should gather up the account info and get on it for the debit card. Will still have trouble with the prescriptions as we currently have no medications ):

ME DH
May your day be filled with happy wonder!
Casperina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:05 PM   #70
Wanna be Ariel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casperina View Post
Thanks for the help!
Guess I should gather up the account info and get on it for the debit card. Will still have trouble with the prescriptions as we currently have no medications ):
All you need is a blank check.

Many Trips Before DS
Sept- Poly CL (DS 1st Trip & DH B-Day)
May- AK Jumbo/SSR (DS B-Day & 1st FG and SWW)
Nov/Dec-BLT LV (DS 1st MVMCP)
Wanna be Ariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:50 PM   #71
Silverscreen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
They still offer the Target credit card, it just doesn't have the visa support anymore.

They have the Target Red Card (in store credit card)
and
Target Debit Card

The Target Visa if you have one is still valid, but they don't issue them anymore

*11/2008 Bonnet Creek with Granny & Grandpa *08/2009 Caribbean Beach with big brother Gabe *09/2010 Port Orleans Riverside with Uncle James *03/2011 Short trip w/Hubby for our anniversary *09/2012 CBR family trip *9/2013 back to POR w/Uncle James *10/2013 ASMo First Trip as AP Holders!!
Silverscreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:10 PM   #72
ethanwa
Premier Passport AP / D23 Charter Member / D23 Geek of the Week / 2013 D23 Expo Sorcerers Ticket

Just got my Target Red Card (Debit) card activated yesterday morning. Went to Target that night and tried to buy $900 worth of Disney gift cards. Transaction would NOT go through and the checkout girl told me to go to the service desk.... the guy at the service desk was able to make one transaction of $250 and that was it. All other transactions were denied.

Do they have a limit on new accounts? Or debit accounts? I obviously have the money in my bank account. I wonder why I got denied past $250?

Anyway, he let me buy the rest with a 5% off coupon and I paid with my credit card instead which gave me an additional 2% off because of my credit card rewards! So 7% off on about $650!

Too bad I didn't have a stackable 5% coupon.... I could have got 12% off!

So the TIP OF THE DAY: Do a LARGE transaction of gift cards... either beyond your credit limit or your debit transaction limit. Take it directly to the front desk and tell them you want the 5% off but the transaction probably won't go through because of the high dollar amount, and ask if you can pay with your credit card instead. Have a supervisor apply the 5% coupon and pay with your credit card to get additional awards or cashback from you credit card!

Been to DL, WDW, Aulani, D23 Expo, and on DCL.

http://www.magicbandcollectors.com/
ethanwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:21 PM   #73
baseballmickey
DDC #644

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanwa View Post
Just got my Target Red Card (Debit) card activated yesterday morning. Went to Target that night and tried to buy $900 worth of Disney gift cards. Transaction would NOT go through and the checkout girl told me to go to the service desk.... the guy at the service desk was able to make one transaction of $250 and that was it. All other transactions were denied.

Do they have a limit on new accounts? Or debit accounts? I obviously have the money in my bank account. I wonder why I got denied past $250?

Anyway, he let me buy the rest with a 5% off coupon and I paid with my credit card instead which gave me an additional 2% off because of my credit card rewards! So 7% off on about $650!

Too bad I didn't have a stackable 5% coupon.... I could have got 12% off!
I went through this when I got my Debit RedCard as well. They do start off new accounts with a low limit. The card is not directly tied to your bank account. When you make a purchase, Target writes and electronic check to your bank for the amount, and it takes a couple of days to process.

They say as you use your card successfully over time, your limit will increase. The annoying thing about their system is that they don't explain it anywhere, and they can't tell you what your limit is at any given time.

I've been going to BJs instead now. it's 4% off there, but the trade off is I can get as much I can afford (providing they are in stock) and they have $100 cards, so it's less actual cards to carry. I just got so annoyed with the Target guessing game.

Numerous Trips as a kid from 1974-1993. WDWCP MK Custodial Spring '94. Off Property, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001. Land/Sea @ ASMR/Wonder 2002. CBR 2003. POR 2006. Off Property 2007. DVC @ SSR since 2007.. SSR 2008, 2009.. BWV March 2010. SSR December 2010.
BLT/DCL Dream/BCV July/August 2012
DISDad #644
I'm Going Away... FOREVER! Oh, Great! Could You Get Me a Sandwich? A TR In Progress
My First Trip Report - Escape from New York, Dec 26, 2010 - Jan 1, 2011 - COMPLETED!
Our Disney Blog: "Home is Where the Mouse is"

Treguna Mekoides and Trecorum Satis Dee
baseballmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:29 PM   #74
ethanwa
Premier Passport AP / D23 Charter Member / D23 Geek of the Week / 2013 D23 Expo Sorcerers Ticket

I must have missed this elsewhere, but you can only pay for your reservation with gift cards over the phone on PACKAGE deals.

If you have a ROOM-ONLY deal like I have (as an AP holder), you must pay Disney the deposit and then pay with your gift cards AT THE HOTEL when you arrive.

I didn't know this until today.

Been to DL, WDW, Aulani, D23 Expo, and on DCL.

http://www.magicbandcollectors.com/
ethanwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 03:37 PM   #75
GoofyMB
Mouseketeer

When I look at my reservation online there is an option to pay via gift card however I have not yet tried it. If it doesn't work them I will just have to do it over the phone.

GoofyMB is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: