Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #301
sandyw1965
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifie
I was in Target yesterday and I couldn't even find Disney GCs. I'd sign up for a Red Card if I could save 5% on GCs.
I found mine in the electronics department, see my post below. The peg hook was empty, but an employee stocked them for me, after I asked if they had any more!
sandyw1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #302
bluezy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifie View Post
I was in Target yesterday and I couldn't even find Disney GCs. I'd sign up for a Red Card if I could save 5% on GCs.
Our Target has the Disney cards in the back with electronics. There is a display of various gift cards (not the display with all the "gaming" gift cards by the video game area -- this one was closer to the DVD/Blu-Ray/CD area). They used to have them right up front at the registers but moved them over the summer.
bluezy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 05:31 PM   #303
QueenElinor
Yes, they really ARE all redheads!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifie View Post
Wow! I can always count DIS people to sniff out a good deal! You guys are the best.

I was going to use Disney cards to kick back 2% toward my kid's school tuition (we're a member of Great Lakes Scrip), but this is obviously better. And I already have a Red Card. So I'll be scanning those aisles to see if any Disney GCs show up.

Last edited by QueenElinor; 10-01-2012 at 05:38 PM.
QueenElinor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:41 PM   #304
DisneyMom2Teens
Earning My Ears

We are also members of the Great Lake Scrip program, but I buy our grocery gift cards and then use them to buy Disney gift cards at the grocery store. We get 5% back and it goes into my son's music account. I figure every 5% helps and it is better than the 2% back buying the Disney gift cards on the site. Happy shopping!
DisneyMom2Teens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:18 PM   #305
sandyw1965
Earning My Ears

Just got back from Meijer Store. They are running a promotion, when you buy a $25 gift card (they have a large selection of cards for different stores and restaurants), you get $10 off a pair of jeans. They are also running a sale buy one pair of jeans, get one half off. However, if you do the gift card, the first pair of jeans is reduced by $10, then another 50% off. I had hoped that I could buy one pair, get the second pair half off, and then get $10 off, but the register wouldn't allow it. They do have jeans on clearance, but the sign said no clearance for the gift card promo. They do have self check out registers if anyone else is wiling to try. So, I bought a $25 Disney gift card and a pair of jeans for $37.93. I had the cashier ring each transaction separate to get three gift cards, the cashier was kind of crabby. Oh well, and he wasn't even aware of the gift card promo. Next time I'm using the self checkout anyway! Not a bad promo, if you need jeans!
sandyw1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:56 AM   #306
missx0xdelaney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyw1965
Just got back from Meijer Store. They are running a promotion, when you buy a $25 gift card (they have a large selection of cards for different stores and restaurants), you get $10 off a pair of jeans. They are also running a sale buy one pair of jeans, get one half off. However, if you do the gift card, the first pair of jeans is reduced by $10, then another 50% off. I had hoped that I could buy one pair, get the second pair half off, and then get $10 off, but the register wouldn't allow it. They do have jeans on clearance, but the sign said no clearance for the gift card promo. They do have self check out registers if anyone else is wiling to try. So, I bought a $25 Disney gift card and a pair of jeans for $37.93. I had the cashier ring each transaction separate to get three gift cards, the cashier was kind of crabby. Oh well, and he wasn't even aware of the gift card promo. Next time I'm using the self checkout anyway! Not a bad promo, if you need jeans!
Thank you for sharing, but this deal was posted a few days ago already:

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresajoy
If anyone has a Meijer near them, they have a promotion going right now (through October I believe) where you buy a $25 GC and you get $10 off a pair of jeans. They had jeans for $10 last week, so I got quite a few free pairs for my daughter. I discovered by accident that you could buy a $25 Meijer GC and then use that GC in another transaction to purchase a $25 Disney Gift card. The cashier called a manager over to make sure they could do this, and the manager told her that as long as it went through, to go ahead. So for $25 I got two free pairs of jeans and a $25 Disney card.

Find me on Instagram and Twitter!: @missx0xdelaney
Countdown to Cupcakes! - An Independence Day Road Trip!
missx0xdelaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:19 AM   #307
christianweecare
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyw1965 View Post
I found mine in the electronics department, see my post below. The peg hook was empty, but an employee stocked them for me, after I asked if they had any more!
I have been in our local Target looking for Disney gift cards with no success. I even ask an associate to be sure and was told they are not even in the system anymore. Boo! Hoo!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:03 AM   #308
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

I am an avid fan of cardpool and giftcardgranny . Check giftcardgranny and they will tell you if any legitimate gift card trade websites are selling disney cards. Last week they had a few for 8% off. I have used cardpool numerous times and it is great! I bought two $75 lane bryant cards last week for $60 each and a petco one this week for 13% off, all shipped within 7 days and balance is gaurenteed just a thought.......
Old 10-02-2012, 10:34 AM   #309
Annette_C
Mouseketeer

be careful because the majority of the Disney GC offered at discount on site such as plastic jungle, etc. are only for merchandise!

DVC Member since 2005
First Disney Cruise: Fantasy, July 7, 2012! :cheer2:
Annette_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 11:01 AM   #310
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

yes be sure to check there are disney gift cards and disney store cards..
Old 10-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #311
friend2Figment
Mouseketeer

Has anyone been able to use a Sam's Club GC to buy Disney GCs?

We could get Sam's Club gc through the script program but did not want to if I would not be able to get Disney gc with them.

If it would not work has anyone been successful with any other script gc to purchase Disney ones?

We have Target, Sam's club, walgreen's possibly one of the regional grocery stores still carry Disney gcs. Just trying to figure out my best way to maximize my discounts.
Walgreen's gives the biggest % back but Sam's has them at discounted prices to start with.
friend2Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:16 PM   #312
Belle0101
New Rule:
The first person to reply on any thread needs to quote the OP. That way when someone does the delete of nevermind edit we know what was there.

Just an FYI - I had posted quite a few pages back about wondering why I could not pay my reservation online when others have reported being able to. I know why now.

I called the reservation number this morning to ask why I didn't have a link to pay online. The CM directed me to Tech Support saying that they could "reset" my account.

Tech Support said the CM was mistaken and there was nothing to reset. Further, that the system is not set up to accept online payments for Room Only reservations, which is what I have. The only options are to call in the payment or pay at check-in.

I called Reservations back, armed with a few of the Disney GC from my stack, and paid on my reservation. The CM was super nice about taking the GC. I don't know why but I expected it to be a bigger bother than it was.

Of course, being Disney, YMMV but in case anybody were to run into the same scenario, there's the answer.

One last FYI - A PP mentioned that their Target didn't have the Disney GC any longer. Like Disney, YMMV but check in the electronics section for sure. I don't think the hourly employees know that unless they work in that department.

Our Target says they don't carry them any longer but there they are, in the Electronics section. Usually on the bottom rung of a display with GC for FaceBook, Burger King, Subway and a bunch of other places that I can't remember.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #313
lnh'smom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by friend2Figment View Post
Has anyone been able to use a Sam's Club GC to buy Disney GCs?

We could get Sam's Club gc through the script program but did not want to if I would not be able to get Disney gc with them.

If it would not work has anyone been successful with any other script gc to purchase Disney ones?

We have Target, Sam's club, walgreen's possibly one of the regional grocery stores still carry Disney gcs. Just trying to figure out my best way to maximize my discounts.
Walgreen's gives the biggest % back but Sam's has them at discounted prices to start with.
I was able to do this back in 2010. Bought walmart scrip, took them to Sam's, paid $48.88 (I think! ) and got $50 gift cards. Then for every $50 GC you bought, you got a $10 Disney Store gc so I took those and bought shirts for the kids before we went.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:54 PM   #314
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyMB View Post
It only takes a few minutes and they will give you a temporary card that you can use right away. They will mail you the permanent card in a little over a week from then.

While I have not tried to charge more I have heard that they they impose a limit of $250 until you have established a history with them. Therefore if trying to get a lot of cards it may be best to just get the $250 and repeat once that has cleared.
This happened to me this past May. I wanted to pay off our August trip and was only able to buy a small amount at a time. I will add that Target rules seem to really vary from store to store and none of the ones in my area would allow me to use a Target GC to purchase a Disney GC. The other thing I found is that none of our Targets carry anything higher than a $50 GC and because I wanted to pay off a $4,000 trip and save an extra 5%....well, you can do the math at just how many I had to purchase. Needless to say, it took me 3 weeks (partly b/c of the debit limit and partly b/c none of the stores had enough in stock), 3 stores and almost 3 hours to enter each and every GC into the system to pay that vaca off. My DH thought I was completely nuts. Now, not sure if it was already mentioned but I recently found out that our BJ's carries Disney GC's up to $100 increments and they are all 5% off everyday for members.

mommyrosa2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:58 PM   #315
christianweecare
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle0101 View Post
Just an FYI - I had posted quite a few pages back about wondering why I could not pay my reservation online when others have reported being able to. I know why now.

I called the reservation number this morning to ask why I didn't have a link to pay online. The CM directed me to Tech Support saying that they could "reset" my account.

Tech Support said the CM was mistaken and there was nothing to reset. Further, that the system is not set up to accept online payments for Room Only reservations, which is what I have. The only options are to call in the payment or pay at check-in.

I called Reservations back, armed with a few of the Disney GC from my stack, and paid on my reservation. The CM was super nice about taking the GC. I don't know why but I expected it to be a bigger bother than it was.

Of course, being Disney, YMMV but in case anybody were to run into the same scenario, there's the answer.

One last FYI - A PP mentioned that their Target didn't have the Disney GC any longer. Like Disney, YMMV but check in the electronics section for sure. I don't think the hourly employees know that unless they work in that department.

Our Target says they don't carry them any longer but there they are, in the Electronics section. Usually on the bottom rung of a display with GC for FaceBook, Burger King, Subway and a bunch of other places that I can't remember.

Thanks! I have checked in the electronics department. That is where I have been finding them for months. Now the last two months when I have gone to Target...no Disney GC. Not even a slot on the kiosk for them. This last trip I ask the associate to check in the computer system. No Disney GC in the system.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: