Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-11-2012, 10:47 PM   #256
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran
 
dsneprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Not in Orlando:(
Posts: 991

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8tdame
Target has the worst customer service... That's why I boycott Target.
JMHO
This!!! I thought I was the only one! Glad to know I am not alone! I just can't/won't/don't go there.
dsneprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:45 AM   #257
Mynupasttime
Earning My Ears
 
Mynupasttime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprincessatlast View Post
While I appreciate people being excited about the savings. I usually don't read these threads cause it always seems someone is over analyzing it, asking millions of questions then going to the stores asking the same questions, they dont get the same answer and start screaming (figurative), drawing undo attention to it. Seriously don't ask just do it. Swipe the card yourself and watch the numbers change. If people keep calling corporate about this they will change it! (and no the pp is not the first to do this) This is not meant to be mean and scare off the PP, Glad she found the boards as it is a wealth of knowledge!
I feel the same way...didn't ask to use the gift card (all $10 of it! ) just was stopped mid-transaction by the cashier saying I hope I knew I could not use that Target gift card to purchase those Disney cards. Again, just did it 2 days earlier no problem. So, my beef is really about being told wrong information about a gift card, didn't even get far enough in the transaction to apply the Redcard discount. i don't think using the Redcard should be an issue with the discount since you just purchase and swipe. so, hopefully no one is having issues with that..again, just sharing my experience by using previous poster's experience with purchasing items needed for an instant tRget gift card and then using the gift card to purchase Disney cards.

Planning on heading back this weekend to buy the rest and get my 5% off! Then off to see THE mouse in 9 days..with a happy little 6 yr old for her birthday! Yippee!
Mynupasttime is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-12-2012, 06:03 AM   #258
CatNipRules
Overplanner Extraordinaire....
I love them when they are raw
I got Mickey mail
 
CatNipRules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 775

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsneprincess View Post
This!!! I thought I was the only one! Glad to know I am not alone! I just can't/won't/don't go there.
WalMart is far worse than Target. Try finding someone to help you with something. they shuffle you to ten different people. Forget waiting in the 2 checkout lines that are open with 10 people in each. And don't even get me started on the cashiers. I was buying a gift card and because the cashier told me that it was recalled I gave up and went to Target.....

And don't even get me started on Kmart.....
__________________
Michelle- Mike-
Chris- Buddy:

CatNipRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:08 AM   #259
CatNipRules
Overplanner Extraordinaire....
I love them when they are raw
I got Mickey mail
 
CatNipRules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 775

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynupasttime View Post
Ok..Now, I am bummed out! I went back to Target today to use my same method and was told by the cashier, and two managers that they cannot sell Disney cards and use the target gift cards to purchase OR give the 5% off! I proved that I had already done this and showed them the receipts..I think all I did was to get the cashier from Saturday in trouble. I asked them if I could use my REDCARD and get 5% off of a gift card and was told "NO"..again, I said, well, if the Disney cards are the same category as a regular gift card, then why did it give me 5% off on Saturday? They had no answer, but this was certainly NOT a pleasant customer service experience. Has anyone else had issues such as this? I still want to purchase about $1000 in disney cards and now without a doubt, all the cashiers will be on high alert for me..haha Anyone else have this issue?

Wendy
Most Target team members don't realize that the Disney gift cards are actually Entertainment cards. My DH, who works at Target didn't realize it until I went to purchase ours. He did a double take and said, "I learned something from you.

You have to educate them sometimes. Because you can't you the 5% off Target gift cards. They are actual gift cards and not entertainment cards.

I don't even ask them anymore. I just buy them and watch the discounts roll off the bill.
__________________
Michelle- Mike-
Chris- Buddy:

CatNipRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:20 AM   #260
missx0xdelaney
Mouseketeer
 
missx0xdelaney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chicago Suburbs
Posts: 179

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatNipRules
Most Target team members don't realize that the Disney gift cards are actually Entertainment cards.
This.

The other issue is that Target corporate sends a lot of mixed signals to the stores. One week something is llowed, then later it's absolutely forbidden, so that leads to misinformation being spread.
__________________
Ari (me) Tony (dbf) - Annual Passholders since Jan 2013!
FUTURE FLORIDA RESIDENTS! - March 2014!



Find me on Instagram and Twitter!: @missx0xdelaney
Countdown to Cupcakes! - An Independence Day Road Trip!

Last edited by missx0xdelaney; 09-12-2012 at 06:33 AM.
missx0xdelaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:23 AM   #261
CatNipRules
Overplanner Extraordinaire....
I love them when they are raw
I got Mickey mail
 
CatNipRules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 775

Quote:
Originally Posted by missx0xdelaney View Post
B
The other issue is that Target corporate sends a lot of mixed signals to the stores. One week something is llowed, then later it's absolutely dbag
*nods* This is totally true. DH says that he is constantly having to read through the corporate crap that they send down. LOL!

His store has a lot of leniency as far as certain things go. He's been with Target for 22 years and still didn't know about the entertainment cards getting the discount. Now that he knows he's able to pass it along to his team members.
__________________
Michelle- Mike-
Chris- Buddy:

CatNipRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:11 PM   #262
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt
 
taaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,846

Bumping thread. Unfortunately I don't have a Target on my landmass (yet, rumors are we'll be more civilized and have a Target of our own in a few years ...), so I can't save 5% that way. Checked all the gift card swap sites and none of them have Disney gift cards that work in the parks (only ones for the Disney Store merchandise). No BJ's, Giant's, or Krogers here either ... in fact I don't think any of those chains exist west of the Rockies (well, BJ's is a restaurant on the west coast).

Best thing I can come up with atm is that Discover is having 5% cash back on all online shopping from Oct-December, up to $1500. So if I order gift cards from DisneyStore.com, on my Discover card, in theory I could get 5% cash back next month. Need to add the dining plan to my DVC reservation before my December trip, so I might as well get a little extra for it I guess.

Any other West Coasters or people without a Target near them find any good deals?
__________________
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #263
heeljeff
Earning My Ears
 
heeljeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
Best thing I can come up with atm is that Discover is having 5% cash back on all online shopping from Oct-December, up to $1500. So if I order gift cards from DisneyStore.com, on my Discover card, in theory I could get 5% cash back next month.
Didn't even think of that. Thanks for the idea!
__________________
heeljeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #264
Woth2982
DIS Veteran
 
Woth2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 979

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
Bumping thread. Unfortunately I don't have a Target on my landmass (yet, rumors are we'll be more civilized and have a Target of our own in a few years ...), so I can't save 5% that way. Checked all the gift card swap sites and none of them have Disney gift cards that work in the parks (only ones for the Disney Store merchandise). No BJ's, Giant's, or Krogers here either ... in fact I don't think any of those chains exist west of the Rockies (well, BJ's is a restaurant on the west coast).

Best thing I can come up with atm is that Discover is having 5% cash back on all online shopping from Oct-December, up to $1500. So if I order gift cards from DisneyStore.com, on my Discover card, in theory I could get 5% cash back next month. Need to add the dining plan to my DVC reservation before my December trip, so I might as well get a little extra for it I guess.

Any other West Coasters or people without a Target near them find any good deals?
Be careful with the Discover card 5% back. I have that as well and I THINK gift cards may be excluded. ALthough that could be through the discover shopping part of the website. I tried doing that to get the 10% back from the Disney Store special they were having and gift cards were excluded.
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:34 PM   #265
Cierese
Mouseketeer
 
Cierese's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 304

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanwa View Post
I must have missed this elsewhere, but you can only pay for your reservation with gift cards over the phone on PACKAGE deals.

If you have a ROOM-ONLY deal like I have (as an AP holder), you must pay Disney the deposit and then pay with your gift cards AT THE HOTEL when you arrive.

I didn't know this until today.

I have room only and have been able to call and make payments with gift cards over the phone.... weird. Wonder if this is new since I made my last payment?
__________________
ME DS14 DD12 DS5

June 2014 - Animal Kingdom Lodge and Caribbean Beach Resort!
Oct 2013 - Old Key West and POP!
July 2011 OKW - Big Family Vacation
Nov 2009 All Stars Music - Thanksgiving!
Sep 2004 Off Site -- Jun 2004 Off Site
July 2003 Off Site OIF Welcome Home Trip
Apr 1995 Don't Remember - Magic Music Days -Yes, I was a band geek!!!
Cierese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 01:35 PM   #266
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt
 
taaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,846

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Be careful with the Discover card 5% back. I have that as well and I THINK gift cards may be excluded. ALthough that could be through the discover shopping part of the website. I tried doing that to get the 10% back from the Disney Store special they were having and gift cards were excluded.
Yes, that's on the ShopDiscover part of the website that excludes gift cards.

Basically the online shopping 5% will do one no good Jan-Sept, and I read the fine print for Oct-Dec, and it did not exclude gift cards.
__________________
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:03 PM   #267
Woth2982
DIS Veteran
 
Woth2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 979

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
Yes, that's on the ShopDiscover part of the website that excludes gift cards.

Basically the online shopping 5% will do one no good Jan-Sept, and I read the fine print for Oct-Dec, and it did not exclude gift cards.
Ohhh good to know! May have to make a trip to my local Disney Store with my Discover card! I am taking full advantage of their 5% back on gas right now! Also got my annual pass with this quarters 5% bonus on theme park tickets.
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 02:29 PM   #268
taaren
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island." - Walt
 
taaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,846

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woth2982 View Post
Ohhh good to know! May have to make a trip to my local Disney Store with my Discover card! I am taking full advantage of their 5% back on gas right now! Also got my annual pass with this quarters 5% bonus on theme park tickets.
Since its online shopping I don't think it'll work at your local Disney store ...
__________________
DLR: BW Raffles, Marriott FFI, Hilton Anaheim, BW PPI, Marriott ResInn GG, Anaheim Marriott, VGC, DLH. Cruises: Wonder Repo 9/20/11, Pixar CA Coast 10/7/12, Dream 12/6/12. Aulani mini-TR w/ view and food pix. Dec 2012 PTR/TR of DLR vets taking on the World! New P/TR of 2013 Bi-Coastal Disney-ing.
taaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:24 PM   #269
Woth2982
DIS Veteran
 
Woth2982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 979

Quote:
Originally Posted by taaren View Post
Since its online shopping I don't think it'll work at your local Disney store ...
Yes you're right. Disney Store.com it is!
Woth2982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:18 PM   #270
lucifie
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 500

We booked our upcoming Disney trip through a TA. Can you pay with GCs when yu book through a TA? Or can I pay directly through Disney? I was only thinking of deals for GCs for spending money. It never occurred to me to use them to pay for the trip itself. If I can find a deal on GCs even a small savings can add up when you talk about the cost of a Disney vacation.
__________________
Amy
POR - January 2013
lucifie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: