Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old Yesterday, 07:04 PM   #1
Kimala1960
Earning My Ears

POP Century B'fast

Hi Just wanted to share what I thought was a good deal. ..here goes. We stayed one night at POP Century. Drove up from Sarasota FL th morning checked into hotel and took the disney transportation to Animal Kingdom. I was on a budget so what I did for food for Hubby and I was 1) I bought a Sub sandwich from Publix with packets of mayo and oil/ vinager along with. It was on sale at Publix for just 5$. I also packed a couple of baggies with potato chips. It was no problem carrying it at all I used a small insulated backpack style drawstring bag and also a small flimsy collapsible zippered cooler inside of that with a small coolie block. We stopped at a snack bar which had a nice outside table area and bought a couple of sodas from them and used their tables and chairs to sit and have our sandwich. later that day we went to TAMU and bought two dole whips at 3.99 each. They were yummy and I thought they were a good deal as you get plenty! All together we spent only @$15.00 at Disney that first day. I wish I could say we did that well for dinner but we kind of splurged there. We went to Planet Hollywood and dropped $78.00 for two dinners 3 drafts and that total includes a 20% tip. It also includes -$10 off coupon I got online. LOVED Planet Hollywood!!! It was like seeing a museum and a meal all in one....I'll let you know what we did day two later if y'all want.

Last edited by Kimala1960; Yesterday at 07:05 PM. Reason: Took out sentence
Kimala1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:35 PM   #2
auntmeme7577
Mouseketeer

Sounds like you saved a good amount by sharing the sub so don't feel too badly about spending a bit on dinner. I think you did great! We usually save on breakfast too. I don't care for the breakfast offerings at POP so I bring fruit, ham, cheese sticks and English muffins. My husband buys his breakfast and I am perfectly happy eating a light meal from what we pack, then spend the money on what we really enjoy, like lunch at Yak and Yeti.

Me DH : 6 Furbabies Hunter Daisy Dusty WoodyMonkeyboyPrincess Pretty
auntmeme7577 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old Yesterday, 07:59 PM   #3
Kimala1960
Earning My Ears

Thanks. The next morning that we woke up at POP we had the breakfast there. My hubby had waffles but I wanted an egg breakfast. I watched what they ladled up for the adult meal which was HUGE and included a giant biscuit. Way too much for me in the AM. So I ordered the child's portion which had scrambled eggs, bacon sausage and potato casserole. They never blinked an eye or questioned me. I even asked if I could get all sausage instead of bacon and no problem at all! When I went through the cashier line she mentioned that I hadn't gotten the drink, which I beleive you had a choice of milk or water neither of which I wanted but I was getting two coffees one for hubby and one for me. She said did you want the coffee to be your included drink? I said OK sure. No problem...I was surprised but she offered, now your mileage may vary on this as I think sometimes it depends on the cast member. Another good deal was that we ate at MIN and BILLs at Hollywood studios for lunch both had sausage subs...I told the gal I didn't want the bag of chips and she said I could have $2 off for no chips!!! Also if we knew how big this sub was we would have split one. It's like a whole french baguette!!!
Old Yesterday, 09:16 PM   #4
dsnymomof4
DIS Veteran

Sounds great! I agree with you about the portions - I ofter opt for the kids meals at Pop. I enjoy the kids pasta - it's the perfect size for me. Or if we get an adult meal - it's usually shared between 2 of us.

July 2002: offsite(1st family trip); Aug 2004:Pop;July 2005:Pop; Dec 2005:All Star Sports/BWV;Aug 2006:Pop(free dining!); Dec 2006: BC(adults only);Apr 2007: SSR-Easter/DD9 birthday trip ; Oct 2007: SSR-MNSSHP/DD11 birthday trip;Apr 2008:BC/VWL-DS14 HS marching band@MK, 1st trip w/new babyooh:; Nov/Dec 2008: Pop; ESPN wknd 2009-DH 5K@DHS:BWV/Pop; Aug 2009:VB/Pop-Free Dining!; Jan 2010:GF;ESPN weekend 2010-BC/Pop; Nov 2010:BC;Apr 2012:BWV-Surprise Easter/DD14 birthday trip; Jan 2013:POR-Marathon/FD; June 2013: Surprise/school's out trip:VB/SSR/POR/BWV; Dec 2013:Pop FD extended family trip
dsnymomof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:13 AM   #5
Shelly F - Ohio
Disney Extraordinaire

Another way to save is to go to the Hess station by the car care center. They have a quizno's inside with made to order subs and other premade subs if you just want to grab and go. A host of dunkin donuts and coffee. Fresh baked pizza by the slice or a whole pie. They have several tables and chairs to eat at.

Last week we wanted a late night adult beverage so we went there got some wine, 2 cheese packages that came with sliced sausage, a box of crackers, M & M, a 2 litter of pepsi and donut holes for the morning. and spent $23.00. At Disney we would have spent $16 - $18 just for two glasses of wine.

CBR - 2004 & Joined DVC 2004,
DCL 4 night- 2005,
SSR - Feb 2005, 06, & 09, Oct 08, May 2011, Oct 12, Feb 13..... CSR 07,... AKV Sept 2008,2012,2013... VWL Feb 2009, 2010, 2012 ... OKW Sept 2009, Feb2012...BCV 2013, 2014
Shelly F - Ohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:45 PM   #6
Kimala1960
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelly F - Ohio View Post
Another way to save is to go to the Hess station by the car care center. They have a quizno's inside with made to order subs and other premade subs if you just want to grab and go. A host of dunkin donuts and coffee. Fresh baked pizza by the slice or a whole pie. They have several tables and chairs to eat at.

Last week we wanted a late night adult beverage so we went there got some wine, 2 cheese packages that came with sliced sausage, a box of crackers, M & M, a 2 litter of pepsi and donut holes for the morning. and spent $23.00. At Disney we would have spent $16 - $18 just for two glasses of wine.
That's a good tip...can you take the disney transportation there or would we have to drive our car? I dream of taking our adult kids and our three grandkids to disney sometime but I know the whole bill would be on us because they are young and with 3 kids they are always struggling. It will definitely take mega planning and saving on my part!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: