Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2012, 09:53 AM   #121
vleeth
I heart Disney

I haven't been to either for breakfast, but I think I'd pick 1800 Park Fair.
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 06:36 AM   #122
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

If food is the concern, go with Cape May. I've heard better things about the food there than at PF.

Hope we can catch up soon!

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2012, 11:50 AM   #123
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

I forgot that I already made reservations for breakfast EARLY that morning. It was the ONLY time I could find for this particular restaurant, but I'm excited. This way we can also get to Port Canaveral EARLY and get onboard the ship before most of the crowds. I'm hoping to explore the ship a bit before too many people board.

So anyhow..... I have reservations at Chef Mickeys at 7:05!
Old 08-15-2012, 03:49 PM   #124
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

cYAY!! I got my TREX reservations for our first night at 7:45! One less thing to worry about!
Old 08-16-2012, 09:22 AM   #125
vleeth
I heart Disney

One of these days we'll do Chef Mickey!
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:05 PM   #126
PISCESANGEL
ILoveDisney!

Yay you're back!!

I remember reading your TR a couple of years ago and I can't believe how much Reya and Jayden have grown- they are just adorable!

I just happened to stumble across this PTR and I'm so glad... can't wait to hear more plans- we are also staying in a Little Mermaid room in January so it'll be great to see what you think.

Carla

Last edited by PISCESANGEL; 08-22-2012 at 09:08 PM.
PISCESANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:26 PM   #127
Lizzybear
You fool! You gave cheese to a lactose intolerant volcano god!
I'm the main holiday initiator/planner which is how I like it!

Just checking in! Don't know if you remember me but I followed a couple of your other TRs. Haven't been active on the boards in a while as no Disney trips since 2010 but I had a little princess of my own in December last year so we're tentatively planning a trip for next year Can't believe how much Reya and Jayden have changed, and your trip plans sound awesome
DLP Day trip 1992, School trip 1997, Day trip 2000, Magic Circus 2003, Cheyenne 2006, Sequoia Lodge 2007 and Santa Fe 2010. WDW Ramada Resort I-Drive 2002, Sheraton Studio City 2005, POFQ 2007 and CSR 2009. DLR Fairfield Inn 2008.
Lizzybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 09:27 AM   #128
AlohaAnnie
DIS Veteran

Hi! Following along, so excited for you and your beautiful family. Christmas Decorations at Disney & a Disney Dream Cruise!

We also like road trips and I do not like to fly but will fly if I have to.

Love all your resort hopping. We love to check out more than one resort on our trips.

POR June 2006 POP May/June 2008 CBR Pirate Room & BC May/June 2009 Vero Beach & CSR & AKV Kidani May/June 2010 BLT Oct 2010 BWV March/April 2011 AKV Kidani Dec 2011 BCV/BLT June 2013
WL CL & AKV - Jambo Studio CL March/April2014 AKV Kidani June 2016

June 2013 Dining Report PTR Spring Break 2014
AlohaAnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:54 PM   #129
Leger13
DIS Veteran

yay for an ADR at TRex! I love that place.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #130
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PISCESANGEL View Post
Yay you're back!!

I remember reading your TR a couple of years ago and I can't believe how much Reya and Jayden have grown- they are just adorable!

I just happened to stumble across this PTR and I'm so glad... can't wait to hear more plans- we are also staying in a Little Mermaid room in January so it'll be great to see what you think.

Carla
Hello! I love when some of my old readers remember me and follow along with my new trip. I'm so glad you found me.

I've really been neglecting this PTR, but I don't mean too. Reya just started 1st grade a couple of weeks ago and things have just been TOO hectic. I've been able to get a few things done with my trip, but haven't had a chance to report them yet. I'm hoping to spend more time on the Dis now that things are calming down a bit.

I'm so excited for Little Mermaid and can't wait to show you pictures.

I'm hoping to have an update or two today so look out for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
One of these days we'll do Chef Mickey!
I'm REALLY excited. I just hate that the reservations are so early in the morning. But beggers can't be choosers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzybear View Post
Just checking in! Don't know if you remember me but I followed a couple of your other TRs. Haven't been active on the boards in a while as no Disney trips since 2010 but I had a little princess of my own in December last year so we're tentatively planning a trip for next year Can't believe how much Reya and Jayden have changed, and your trip plans sound awesome
I toally remember you! I'm so glad you found me. Congratulations on your baby girl. ((When is her birthday?)) Jaydens is December 15th.

I can't believe how much they've grown either. I love looking back on my past trip reports just so I can see how much. It's such a bittersweet thing when you see your kids growing up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaAnnie View Post
Hi! Following along, so excited for you and your beautiful family. Christmas Decorations at Disney & a Disney Dream Cruise!

We also like road trips and I do not like to fly but will fly if I have to.

Love all your resort hopping. We love to check out more than one resort on our trips.

Welcome! Sorry I haven't been around.

I am really excited to see the decorations too! I'm hoping it will get me in the mood for Christmas. This year my Dad won't be able to come out and it's depressing not having my grandma around. ((She passed away last year)) I know Disney will help ease the pain a bit.

I NEVER had a problem with flying until after I worked for the airlines. I used to work up in the tower doing flight operations. One of my main jobs to do was to talk to the pilots when they were in flight and communicate between them and maintence when something was wrong with the plane. It's amazing how much passengers don't know about what's going on. I try not to fly if at all possible. ((even if I am crazy))

I'm thrilled that we get to stay at 3 seperate resorts. That alone is exciting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leger13 View Post
yay for an ADR at TRex! I love that place.
Me TOOOO!!! Jayden is going to dig it now that he's not 3 months old. Kinda scared him last time.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:56 PM   #131
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Hello EVERYONE! Did you miss me?!?

ANYWAY…..I've missed all of you!

I thought I would report that I paid off the rest of our trip today. We still need to come up with money for spending, food, and gas though.
We have $100.00 in Disney gift cards right now that we bought with the change in the kids piggy bank. Hopefully we can come up with another $100.00 before our trip begins. ((These will be for the kids, so they can buy whatever they want)) We also have a $75.00 gift card for gas and $50.00 card for Rainforest café. We’ll also have enough rewards points to buy another $75.00 gift card for gas before the month is over. Wooo Hooo $150.00 worth of gas FREE!!

I was also able to finish a count-down calendar for the kids. I was only able to fit 40 mickeys on it, so it won’t be going up on the wall for another month.

I also bought the kids some clothes.
**Pair of pjs for Reya and 2 skirt/tank top outfits

**Shirts for Jayden… OMG I LOVE these. The lost boys one has a hoodie with ears.

**Cinderella shirt for Reya

**A few prizes/gifts for the kids. I still need to buy a bunch more though. The pink box in the middle is a gift set with body glitter, lip gloss, and perfume. I got it at the Disney Store for $9.00 originally $25.00.

That’s all for now. I buy small items once a week, such as deodorant, sunscreen, shampoo, laundry packets, etc, etc. I don’t want to wait to the last minute to buy all the small things we need.

So that's all the shopping I've done so far. I'll be back with info on my trip planning. I have to go read this ptr so I can remember what I'm told you and what I havent.

I'm glad to be back.... see ya real soon!

Old 09-03-2012, 12:04 PM   #132
PISCESANGEL
ILoveDisney!

Wow! Everything looks great!

I so miss my kids being little and wearing the too cute Disney clothes they have out there- your kids will be adorable.

And you gotta love FREE GAS!

You are an awesome planner, keep up the great work!

Carla

PISCESANGEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:58 PM   #133
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PISCESANGEL View Post
Wow! Everything looks great!

I so miss my kids being little and wearing the too cute Disney clothes they have out there- your kids will be adorable.

And you gotta love FREE GAS!

You are an awesome planner, keep up the great work!

Carla
Thank you!

I'm trying to take advantage of what I can dress my kids in for as long as I can. This will most likely be the last WDW trip that I will be able to dress Reya all cutsie. I'm so sad that she's growing so fast. I think she's going from 6 to 16. She's always been my sweet baby girl. The sweetest little girl you'll ever meet. However suddenly she's into the talking back, rolling her eyes, and little miss sour attitude! I thought that didn't happen until her pre-teen years. I'm not prepared at all for what's going on with her. UGH! I hope it's just a quick phase she's going through.

Are you going to do a ptr for your trip?
Old 09-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #134
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Okay…. I think I left off with our plans for November 13th?!?!

EPCOT

Hours - 8:00am-9:00pm
9:00 pm- Illuminations

Must-Do’s….. Top TEN
1. Soarin ----- Reya’s favorite ride
2. Space Ship Earth
3. Kidcot Stations ((Explore World Showcase))
4. Figment into imagination
5. Living with the Land
6. Agent P’s World showcase Adventure ((we never did the Kim possible one, so this will be something new for us))
7. Captain EO
8. Innoventions ((we usually skip this … almost EVERYTHING here will be new for us))
9. Gran Fiesta
10. Maelstrom

If Time Allows
1. Circle of life Show ---- New for Reya and Jayden
2. Universe of Energy
3. The American Adventure --- Only Reya and I will do this. There is NO¬-WAY Jayden would sit through it. --- New for both Reya and I
4. Club Cool

I’m SOOOO bummed that Test track will be closed… I’m hoping and praying that by some miracle it will be finished early?!? I can dream, right?!

Things to do along the way

1. Pin Trading
2. Character Greetings
3. Have Reya pick a pearl
4. ENTERTAINMENT around World Showcase. We NEVER catch any of the acts, so I want to take our time a little more and enjoy what we can. (( Any suggestions and WHO NOT to miss?))

Breakfast
Eat at Hotel – 2 CS credits 1 Child CS credit

lunch/dinner/snacks
We’ll be eating around the World.
3 CS credits and snack credits –unknown what we actually want right now. Any suggestions?

We’ll also be staying for Illuminations. ---- First for both Reya and Jayden. Will and I haven’t been for many, many years.
Do any of you have suggestions or tips. When to find a spot? Where is the best place to sit? Any kind of advice will be helpful.
It’s not very often that we stay at the parks till closing time. So I’m a little freaked out about crowds and wait times for the bus afterwards. But I would like to get Illuminations out of the way before the major crowds come in the following week.
Well that’s it for our FIRST official Disney Park day!

Any comments or suggestions appreciated.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:08 AM   #135
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Of course I missed you!

I love all the cute stuff you picked up for Reya and Jayden! Love the countdown calendar, too!

WOOHOO for being paid off! Feels great, doesn't it? Good for you on picking up things early (gift cards, little presents, etc.). Seems like I always wait until the last second (just as I'm doing this time around) and then suddenly I have to do mad shopping just to get everything we need.

Your EPCOT day sounds great! I'm with you on TT being closed. I was so hoping they'd put the refurb off - it's DH's favorite ride. We haven't been there in years and years, so I'm no help whatsoever with suggestions on where to stand for Illuminations, WS entertainment, etc.

As far as meals in the 'World, though, I have heard great things about the ham & cheese croissant at the bakery in France (Boulangerie Patisserie?). There's a pic floating around right now on the Restaurant board if you want to take a look-see.

So glad to have you back! Don't disappear again like that ... promise!

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: