Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2012, 11:59 AM   #106
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Wow! What an exhausting, emotional day/night yesterday.
My friend Nikki's Best Friend was one of the victims that was killed in the theatre shooting yesterday. I'm here to ask everyone to please pray and send comforting thoughts to Rebecca's family and her beautiful little girls who have lost their mother to such a horrific tragedy.

Thank you

Last edited by reyasmommy; 07-21-2012 at 12:24 PM.
reyasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:59 PM   #107
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

I am so sorry to hear this. I will pray for Rebecca and her family.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2012, 09:24 AM   #108
megan511
Mouseketeer

Oh how sad. I will definitely be praying for her family & friends.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #109
potc
yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for me

I'm joining in! I loved reading through what you have posted so far! You have the cutest children! And I love looking at pictures! I'm a very visual person!

I'm so happy to find someone else who is driving to Orlando! Most people think we are crazy! We are driving from Kansas (about 21 hours). Still a little less than your 30 Hours!!

I think you will definitely enjoy the cruise! You can always visit Universal next time

We got park hoppers for our upcoming Nov 9-17 trip to Disney. We are only planning on using them 2 days though. Some may not think this is worth it! I'm sure you could easily get by without them!

By the way I loved your Disney bathroom! I may keep that in mind for when I have children

I think it will be so neat for you to stay at so many places you haven't before! We considered the Royal Room at Port Orleans. It looked really nice! But we ended up going with the Pirate room at CBR! I love Pirates of the Caribbean!

I'm really sorry you had so many problems with your TA. But glad to hear everything has worked out for you in the end!

My prayers go out to Rebecca's family and friends. What a terrible thing.

Please check out my first ever PTR!

potc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:29 AM   #110
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Hey friend ... haven't seen you on in a while. Hope things are well with you - we need an update!

Old 07-30-2012, 04:35 PM   #111
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by potc View Post
I'm joining in! I loved reading through what you have posted so far! You have the cutest children! And I love looking at pictures! I'm a very visual person!

I'm so happy to find someone else who is driving to Orlando! Most people think we are crazy! We are driving from Kansas (about 21 hours). Still a little less than your 30 Hours!!

I think you will definitely enjoy the cruise! You can always visit Universal next time

We got park hoppers for our upcoming Nov 9-17 trip to Disney. We are only planning on using them 2 days though. Some may not think this is worth it! I'm sure you could easily get by without them!

By the way I loved your Disney bathroom! I may keep that in mind for when I have children

I think it will be so neat for you to stay at so many places you haven't before! We considered the Royal Room at Port Orleans. It looked really nice! But we ended up going with the Pirate room at CBR! I love Pirates of the Caribbean!

I'm really sorry you had so many problems with your TA. But glad to hear everything has worked out for you in the end!

My prayers go out to Rebecca's family and friends. What a terrible thing.
WELCOME!!! Thank you so much for stopping by.

Are you driving this year as well? Where do you stop along the way or do you just drive straight through? Where in Kansas do you live?

I Love CBR! You'll love it too!

Thanks for the prayers! I'll update soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
Hey friend ... haven't seen you on in a while. Hope things are well with you - we need an update!
Hey there! Soooo sorry I've been away. It's been an emotionally exhausting week and I haven't thought about my trip much at all... I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things here any day now. I have to go to AAA this week to pay off the cruise, so hopefully that will jump start my Disney planning into high gear.

Disney usually gets me out of any slump, but this is different. I promise to have something posted SOON. HUGS!
Old 07-30-2012, 06:42 PM   #112
disprincessesmom1012
Mouseketeer

I just got caught up. I am so sorry to hear about Rebecca. Such a shame for all the victims lost and families affected. Prayers are with her family.

Surprising the Littles, DxDP, CBR and MNSSHP!! A Late Sept/Early Oct 2012 PTR

April 2010: First Ever Trip! DD1 2 1/2yr, DD2 in the womb
disprincessesmom1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:03 PM   #113
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Old 08-06-2012, 05:24 PM   #114
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Hello ALL
Iím so sorry Iíve been gone for so long BUT Iím happy to be back.

So, I guess not a lot has been done since Iíve last posted?
Yesterday we went to the travel agency and paid off the cruise portion of our trip. Thatís exciting and makes things seem a little more real. Weíre able to check in and schedule anything we want on the 17th of this month. I canít wait for that!! Once I get papers in my hand from Disney Iíll feel much more at ease.

We turned in change from the kids piggy bank the other day and already have $50.00. I was afraid I would accidently spend the money if I put it up somewhere so instead I bought two Disney cards with it.
Iíve also been doing some jobs here and there for the Field agent app on my iphone and with that money have been able to get a $50.00 gift card to use at TREX or Rainforest Cafť. Iím hoping to earn more money so we can do both.
Then I cashed in some reward points on our Discover and ordered a $75.00 gift card for Shell gas stations, which should arrive tomorrow.
Iíll let you know how my gift card gathering comes along. Iím hoping to get a bunch more to help with expenses on the trip.
I havenít been able to buy too much for the trip yet. Just havenít had the extra cash to do so. I really need to get on it however, so Iím not doing everything last minute.

I bought Reya a pair of PJís and Jayden a couple of shirts from Target though.

I also bought Jayden a backpack for the trip. He is soooo obsessed with cars. We watch it every morning. So I think heíll love it.

Well thatís all I can think of for nowÖ Iím going to get back to my planning and will update shortly.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:49 PM   #115
vleeth
I heart Disney

I think the gift card gathering idea is great!

And I LOVE those pj's. I'm gonna have to go check Target.

Keep the great ideas coming!
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:40 PM   #116
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

What is the field agent app? Is it easy to earn rewards?
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #117
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
What is the field agent app? Is it easy to earn rewards?
Field agent will post jobs that need to be done at store nearby your residence. You need to volunteer for whatever job youíd like to do before someone else picks it up because itís a first come first serve basis. Youíll get paid anywhere from $2.50-10.00 per job, depending on what it is. After itís been completed theyíll post the money in your account and you do what you wish with it. I normally have them put it in my paypal account and Iíll go to ebay and buy gift cards that I want. Itís not something youíre going to get rich off of, but a nice way to make a few bucks here and there especially if youre out and about anyway. An example of a few jobs Iíve done recently are: I had to go to walmart to make sure they had a certain laundry soap on the shelf and that it was priced correctly. So I had to answer a few questions and send them a picture. They also have mystery shopping type jobs. Theyíll have you to go to a store and interact with the persons that do the samples and afterwards answer a few questions. Most jobs lead me to Walmart, Sams Club, Walgreens, Target, and my local grocery store. Their website is fieldagent.net. Once again you donít make a bunch of money, but Iíve made about $400.00 in the last year. It really help feed us on our last Disneyland trip.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:44 AM   #118
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Glad to see you back and posting again!

Those pj's for Reya are adorable! And I love the backpack and t-shirts for Jayden. Are you keeping those as surprises for the trip or giving them early? I'd love to know the reaction on the backpack, especially.

The giftcards are a great idea, too. Our local Kroger is giving 4x fuel rewards right now on any giftcard purchase, so we're going to go turn some of our spending money into cards.

Go you for paying off the cruise portion! What excursions do you think you'll plan?

Old 08-13-2012, 04:09 PM   #119
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

88 Days until vacation!!!!!!!!!

4 more days until I can do online check-in and set up my activites for my cruise!! I'm going to be up extra early that day!! YAY!!!!

So I have a question for my DIS friends. I think we're going to save one of our TS credits for a character breakfast the morning of our cruise. I'm either looking at CAPE MAY or 1900 Park Fare? Can I please, please, please get some advice, comments, suggestions, ANYTHING on these two. Which one should I choose?? I want to make reservations TODAY, so the sooner the better.

I'm begging even you lurkers to come out if you have anything that might be helpful!! Thanks in advance.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:47 PM   #120
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Sorry! Haven't been to either!! I think at 1900 Park Fare you get Alice and the Mad Hatter and that could be fun! At Cape May you get traditional characters in beach outfits!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: