Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2012, 04:11 PM   #91
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiePrincesses View Post
Hi there, I'm honoring your PTR with my 1st DIS post! lol I'm planning a trip for Nov 14-20, so we'll be there at the same time, two different times, if that makes sense... it sounded good in my head anyway. I think I may start my own PTR, maybe we can compare notes/plans! Good luck!
I feel privileged to be your first!

Would love to compare notes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaBaby View Post
That's funny, the only onsite resorts we had stayed in were CBR and AsMO in 2003; until this year when we tried out the Poly and AKV which we loved both. But we still do love Windsor Hills where we rent a house and its just so relaxing and not so spread out. We do like to mix it up periodically with new places too.

And yes we do have an annual pass to the zoo. I agree its nice to go for few hours and not worry about the cost.
So excited to try out three new hotels all in one trip! I've never been to Windsor Hills but I've heard good things. We stayed at Lighthouse Key once and LOVED it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carebearkidney View Post
Checking out your PTR - wow...sounds FANTASTIC! Sorry about TREX. We went in 2011 and the boys loved it, after the initial "loudness" wore off. Loved Jayden's startled look by the way!
My in-laws often stay at Port Orleans. I've never been to that one, but they love it. If you need any info for where to stay in the Atlanta area, I can help you out there! Just let me know and I'll point you in the right direction of more family friendly areas.
Can't wait to read more -and see what firsts you are planning for each day!
Hello.... I think I'm going to take advice from some other readers and see if I can get reservations directly through TREX.. BUT... sitting here today I'm starting to rethink my plans for the day of our arrival anyway. DHS is open until 11:00 pm the night we arrive, so now I'm thinking about adding an extra day to our tickets and going there for dinner, a couple of rides, and Fantasmic? ((Just a thought)) We'd only be there for a few hours, but only $30.00 total for an extra day isn't too bad?

Is Mcdonough an okay area to stay in? I'm hoping not to hit any bad traffic in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
I love that you put old pictures in you report...I'm gonna have to go dig up my old ones and put some in.

Congrats on the no sodas. If you stay away from them long enough, they won't taste good anymore. I think it was about 6 months...now I can't stand the way they taste.
THANK YOU.... I LOVE sharing my photos.

I hate to admit, I've had a couple of sodas recently. I'm trying to NOt let it discourage me though, because I'm still not drinking them everyday. I've had 3 this week. Being that I was drinking 5 a DAY that's still pretty good, right? Thanks for reading.

Last edited by reyasmommy; 07-18-2012 at 09:23 PM.
reyasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:37 PM   #92
megan511
Mouseketeer

Your plans look great! Love the change, I can't wait to see pics from the a royal Guest Room! What a special trip you are planning.

I couldn't find any TRex reservations online either so I called them directly and had no problem getting an ADR.

Don't be too hard on yourself about the soda. You are doing great!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #93
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

During the 16 years DH and I have been together we’ve been on MANY Road-trips. I don’t know the exact number, but it’s safe to say at least 14. Flying is so expensive these days especially with all the baggage and hidden fees, plus it absolutely terrifies me. The only time I fly is if I find an amazing deal, I have a short vacation, or there’s an emergency.

DH and I took our first road trip back in 1996 during my senior year of high school for Spring Break. We had just started dating and were going to Augusta Georgia with my best friend to visit another friend of ours that was stationed in the army there. The three of us drove in an 85 Honda Accord hatchback ((Small Car)) and drove straight through. I think we stayed the night at a rest stop one night, which wasn’t comfortable to say the least but it was quite an adventure for 3 teenagers. What I find really interesting is that gas was only 95 cents a gallon. (Could you imagine) Wow, I feel old. And our latest Road trip was only 8 months ago when we drove to Vegas, SanDiego, and Anaheim.
Reya is 6 years old and has been on 6 road trips. Jayden is 2 ½ and has been on 2 road trips.
Luckily we have an amazing new 2012 Honda Odysey, so this should be a nice smooth trip. ((I hope))
Just for fun I thought I would post some pictures of our past Disney Road-Trips… Hope you enjoy.. Disney photos will be coming soon.

**Reya right before her 1st road trip to Disney World. We were packing up the car and she was super excited to leave while wearing her 1st pair of mickey ears she got from DLR.

**will and Reya stretching their legs at a rest stop (2007)

**will and Reya crashed out in our hotel room (2007)

**Playing on a teeter totter at a rest stop in Metropolis Ill.

**Stopping to eat at a Cracker barrel for the first time somewhere in Tenn.

**Arriving in Florida (2007)

These are a few pictures of the Grand Canyon on our way to Disneyland

**I really miss my kids being small enough to fit into these little jump-a-roos. They were so nice to take to the hotels to keep the kids busy and out of the way.

**Stopping to smell some flowers at a rest stop in Georgia.

**One of my favorite pictures of Reya... Took at a rest stop in Wyoming

**Doing some shopping at a Rest stop in Wyoming

**During all of our road trips we make sure to take a 10 minute walk every time we stop to rest. Sitting in a car all day can be hard sometimes.

**mickey enjoying his ride home.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:52 PM   #94
carebearkidney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
Is Mcdonough an okay area to stay in? I'm hoping not to hit any bad traffic in the morning.
Mcdonough is quite nice, right off the interstate and still close enough to the city food variety. Yet...it's on the opposite side of Atlanta, going AWAY from the 9 lanes of sitting. Should have no problems with travel. When you get a day or two before you head this way, check out http://www.georgianavigator.com Look up construction - they usually have several areas in the lower part of the state they are working on at some point. And also be careful within Macon and about 45 miles south of there...LOTS of speed traps from state patrol!

Trick or Treat Trip Oct 11-16th 2014
Shades of Green :

Our MAW PTR
To Kidney - and Beyond!

Our kidney-versary trip - celebrating one year anniversary of kidney transplant!
kidney-versary trip 2011

Kidney-versary trip 2011
MAW trip Feb 17 - 23 2013
carebearkidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:04 PM   #95
carebearkidney
Mouseketeer

We love road trips too - though the longest we have done has been 10.5 hrs. We always stop at a Subway or Publix or Blimpie and grab subs and take them to a rest area. That is ALWAYS our lunch going and coming. Let's the boys run while they eat, so they are not going from sitting in the car to sitting in a restaurant. Also, we get breakfast at a cheap fastfood place with a playground thingie. (yes, that's the official name for those...thingies)
Those pictures are adorable - looking forward to see the ones you add this year!

Trick or Treat Trip Oct 11-16th 2014
Shades of Green :

Our MAW PTR
To Kidney - and Beyond!

Our kidney-versary trip - celebrating one year anniversary of kidney transplant!
kidney-versary trip 2011

Kidney-versary trip 2011
MAW trip Feb 17 - 23 2013
carebearkidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:30 PM   #96
PixiePrincesses
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy
I feel privileged to be your first!

Would love to compare notes.
I've just started my own (and 1st) PTR, if you'd like to follow along. Unfortunately, i'm not allowed to post links yet, lol, but it's titled, " My TA will be SO glad when Nov gets here- An attempt at a Nov '12 PTR"

°o° Rachel
Sent from my DROIDX using DISBoards
PixiePrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:10 AM   #97
Riles_and_Gabe
DIS Veteran

What adorable pictures of Reya on the roadtrip. I love the one at the rest stop in Wyoming.

My Blog: Have Budget Will Travel

Riles_and_Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:42 AM   #98
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

I love your road trip pics!! I hope this road trip goes smoothly for you!!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:04 PM   #99
megan511
Mouseketeer

Adorable pictures!
Old 07-20-2012, 10:27 AM   #100
vleeth
I heart Disney

She is such a cutie. Sometimes I miss Hope have little to no hair. We love road trips also...plus I'm to cheap to fly.
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #101
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Woke up this morning feeling happy and carefree. Turned on the tv to watch the local news with my cup of coffee. ((Like I do every morning)) And saw the tragedy of the shooting here in Colorado. So sad and disgusting! What in the heck is wrong with people? You can't even go to a movie anymore without being in danger. I used to workout at the gym right next to that theatre and lived less then two mies from there, SOOO scary! I live near Columbine HighSchool right now, and I can't help but think about the shooting that happened there over a decade ago everytime I drive by. Please hug your children a little bit tighter today and keep the victims and their families in your thoughts and prayers.

Quote:
Mcdonough is quite nice, right off the interstate and still close enough to the city food variety. Yet...it's on the opposite side of Atlanta, going AWAY from the 9 lanes of sitting. Should have no problems with travel. When you get a day or two before you head this way, check out http://www.georgianavigator.com Look up construction - they usually have several areas in the lower part of the state they are working on at some point. And also be careful within Macon and about 45 miles south of there...LOTS of speed traps from state patrol!
Great, thanks SO much for the information and advice. I appreciate it.

Quote:
We love road trips too - though the longest we have done has been 10.5 hrs. We always stop at a Subway or Publix or Blimpie and grab subs and take them to a rest area. That is ALWAYS our lunch going and coming. Let's the boys run while they eat, so they are not going from sitting in the car to sitting in a restaurant. Also, we get breakfast at a cheap fastfood place with a playground thingie. (yes, that's the official name for those...thingies)
Those pictures are adorable - looking forward to see the ones you add this year!
I love those places with the "Playground thingies" too. Nice for the kids to burn off some energy. Being that we're going in the winter that will most likely where we'll stop more often. Sometimes instead of going to a rest stop with gps a local park and let the kids play there and take a little potty break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixiePrincesses View Post
I've just started my own (and 1st) PTR, if you'd like to follow along. Unfortunately, i'm not allowed to post links yet, lol, but it's titled, " My TA will be SO glad when Nov gets here- An attempt at a Nov '12 PTR"

°o° Rachel
Sent from my DROIDX using DISBoards
Awesome, I'll go check it out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riles_and_Gabe View Post
What adorable pictures of Reya on the roadtrip. I love the one at the rest stop in Wyoming.
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
I love your road trip pics!! I hope this road trip goes smoothly for you!!
Thanks.... I'm hoping too. It'll be an adventure, that's for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by megan511 View Post
Adorable pictures!
Thank you, glad you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vleeth View Post
She is such a cutie. Sometimes I miss Hope have little to no hair. We love road trips also...plus I'm to cheap to fly.
Me too... I used to complain about her not having hair, but now I miss it. Was nice not having to deal with the hassles. ((washing, blow drying, brushing, styling)) Was wonderful to dress her and GO!
Old 07-20-2012, 12:28 PM   #102
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

So glad to see a post from you this morning, my friend.

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:23 PM   #103
megan511
Mouseketeer

It's so sad to learn of yet another tragedy. It just doesn't make sense. Praying for all the victims and their families. I think that's one of the most wonderful things about Disney, it's an escape to a magical, happy place.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:08 PM   #104
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

My husband was telling me about this morning! What is wrong with people?!?!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:03 PM   #105
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
So glad to see a post from you this morning, my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megan511 View Post
It's so sad to learn of yet another tragedy. It just doesn't make sense. Praying for all the victims and their families. I think that's one of the most wonderful things about Disney, it's an escape to a magical, happy place.
I agree! Can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
My husband was telling me about this morning! What is wrong with people?!?!
No idea?!? I've been sitting on the couch all morning watching the local news... I'm about to turn it off, because I can't stand to shed another tear. I can't believe a 6 and 7 year old were killed. My kids are getting TONS and TONS of hugs and kisses today! ((Can you believe someone had a 3 month old baby there?!)) I also can't believe any parent would let their kid go to that movie, let alone at midnight. My husband mentioned it for 2 seconds that he wanted to take DD, I was like are you kidding me!

Think I need to do some disney planning today to get my mind off of things.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: