Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2012, 12:05 AM   #76
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Try calling them directly. I have heard they don't load many spots into the Disney Dining system!! Good Luck!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:00 AM   #77
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

117 days to GO!!!!

Anyway ...... I’ve decided there are a couple of fun things I forgot to mention while doing this PTR.

1. We’re going to try our best to make this a trip of as many “Firsts” as possible. Every day we’re going to make it a point to try, see, and or eat someplace that we never have before.

2. When we arrive in DTD I need to go to the World of Disney and stock up on a bunch of Disney Dollars. Instead of giving the kids money to just waste on whatever they want whenever they want we’re going to make them earn it and have fun doing it. We’re going to have a contest to see how many Hidden Mickeys everyone can find. For every 4 successfully found hidden Mickey each person finds they earn one Disney Dollar. This will be something we can do to add to our fun each day of the trip including on our cruise.

3. I made a piggy bank for the kids and everyday we’ve been adding to the funds. I’m hoping to reach at least $250.00 by the time we leave. The money earned will go directly to the kids for each of them to do one extra special activity. As of now that is Reya going to BBB and Jayden going to Ridemakerz.

I’ll be back later to let you know what changes were made to the first portion of our Disney trip. Just a head’s up we’ll be able to add another first to our list!
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2012, 06:34 AM   #78
starbound25
Mouseketeer

excited for you and all the changes!

Please visit my Amazon.com Author Page!
starbound25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:32 AM   #79
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
I just made a MAJOR change to our trip. 2:00 this morning I decided to change a couple of things. Unfortunately it's costing us a litte bit more, but I think it'll be worth it. Right now I'm just waiting to hear from my travel agent to make sure she cancelled the first portion of our trip. I want to make sure I get a full refund on the deposit I made. Then I booked the new package by myself directly through Disney. Going through a travel agent has been the biggest mistake and stressful beyond my wildest dreams. I'm keeping the Cruise and 2nd portion of trip the way it is and through AAA. Everything seems to be okay, but it still worries me. I prefer to be in compete control of my vacations. I just hope Disney doesn't get confused. I have 4 seperate reservations with them with just this one vacation.
I'll post the new changes later today.

SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!
Wow, 4 separate reservations!? Geez, that will be exciting!!

I am like you, I don't think I could use a travel agent for a Disney vacation. Is there a benefit to using them? I think it is so easy to go directly through Disney.

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:53 AM   #80
BellaBaby
DIS Veteran

When we went to TRex in June 2010, I had called them directly to make the resv. When we were there last month, we kept changing our plans with all the rain. So one day, my DSIL and DBIL took my girls to HS, and my DH and I took my DS to DTD. Wasn't sure where we wanted to eat at the time, but while there we decided on TRex. I tried calling Disney Dining from my cell but the times they offered were too late in the day for us. Finally we just walked up to the podium (it was a short line) and they got us in within 15 min. So I guess at this point you could probably either call them directly or call Disney dining.

BTW, my DH and I had the nachos for 2 and they were sooo yummy!! Wish I could have some today!

And on another note, we did finally get to "Brave" and we absolutely loved it!!!

Upcoming: Last minute trip Coronado Springs 8/27-8/31 with DSIL/DBIL 15th anniversary We'll miss the kids!!
Recent: HOJO'S DL 5/28-6/4
4/03 ASMO and Caribbean Beach Resort
4/05 HOJO's DL
4/07 Nick Hotel and WH
4-5/09 Nick Hotel and WH
6/10 WH
5-6/11 HOJO'S DL
6/12 Split stay: WH/AKV/Poly
5/29-6/12/13 WH 2 WEEKS!!

Before kids:
1986 WDW
1992 DL
BellaBaby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 01:21 PM   #81
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Try calling them directly. I have heard they don't load many spots into the Disney Dining system!! Good Luck!
Thank you. BTW drove through Pueblo yesterday to visit Royal Gorge. Have you been there? It's beautiful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbound25 View Post
excited for you and all the changes!
Thank you! Me toooooo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Wow, 4 separate reservations!? Geez, that will be exciting!!

I am like you, I don't think I could use a travel agent for a Disney vacation. Is there a benefit to using them? I think it is so easy to go directly through Disney.
I won't ever to it again. We went through AAA which offers quite a bit of extra incentives. Discounts on a bunch of shopping, prefered seating for fireworks, 10% discount on rooms, etc, etc... On the cruise we also get a free photo package worth $100.00. It probably wouldnt have been bad except I got a crappy travel agent. So much easier to do everything by myself. Ohhh well.. you live you learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaBaby View Post
When we went to TRex in June 2010, I had called them directly to make the resv. When we were there last month, we kept changing our plans with all the rain. So one day, my DSIL and DBIL took my girls to HS, and my DH and I took my DS to DTD. Wasn't sure where we wanted to eat at the time, but while there we decided on TRex. I tried calling Disney Dining from my cell but the times they offered were too late in the day for us. Finally we just walked up to the podium (it was a short line) and they got us in within 15 min. So I guess at this point you could probably either call them directly or call Disney dining.

BTW, my DH and I had the nachos for 2 and they were sooo yummy!! Wish I could have some today!

And on another note, we did finally get to "Brave" and we absolutely loved it!!!
Great, thank you for the advice. They were yummy... Ohhhh I'm craving them like crazy right now. I'm glad you liked Brave!!
Old 07-16-2012, 03:02 PM   #82
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
Thank you. BTW drove through Pueblo yesterday to visit Royal Gorge. Have you been there? It's beautiful.
Thank you! Me toooooo.
When we were first looking at houses in CO we drove by the exit for the Royal Gorge but we didn't stop. My hubby took a friend a few months ago NEAR there but they didn't cross the bridge... We are all scared of heights so not the best thing for us!! I want to do the Royal Gorge dinner train though!!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #83
BellaBaby
DIS Veteran

We've been to the Royal gorge several times; and it is awesome. In fact my oldest DD did her "bridging" there from Brownies to Jr. Girl Scouts. Pretty symbolic huh?

This past weekend, we stayed 1 night in Colo. Springs and did the Cheyenne Mtn Zoo and just enjoyed the hotel pool. We love that zoo too! We're pretty lucky with our zoos here in Colo. We're still trying to get together with my DSIL and the cousins to see the new Elephant Passage at the Denver Zoo. We think this Thurs will work. Was it cool when you went?

Upcoming: Last minute trip Coronado Springs 8/27-8/31 with DSIL/DBIL 15th anniversary We'll miss the kids!!
4/05 HOJO's DL
4/07 Nick Hotel and WH
4-5/09 Nick Hotel and WH
6/10 WH
5-6/11 HOJO'S DL

Before kids:
1986 WDW
1992 DL
Old 07-16-2012, 04:43 PM   #84
mommytocalliesue
Mouseketeer

Wow!! I think our kids are A LOT alike...many of the same interests and sounds like they have same personalities!! Callie was sitting here looking at your DD after BBB and she really wants to do it! I told her not this trip because it's going to be SO HOT...but next time we go (we plan on going Dec. of 2014!! She ok with this...she really wants her face painted!

And I have to chuckle....so many of your Concerns with your DS are my same concerns! Like in the Land while we do soarin?!?! I think (hopefully) I'll have the boys ride the Land while we do soarin!!

Looking forward to reading the rest of your PTR!! I'm jealous of your cruise!! but NOT jealous of your drive!! My kids may be able to handle it...but I could not!!!
mommytocalliesue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:31 PM   #85
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
When we were first looking at houses in CO we drove by the exit for the Royal Gorge but we didn't stop. My hubby took a friend a few months ago NEAR there but they didn't cross the bridge... We are all scared of heights so not the best thing for us!! I want to do the Royal Gorge dinner train though!!
The price to get in is pretty insane, but the view is amazing. Reya had a little beaded necklace. (One of those mardi gra type).. She dropped it on the bridge and it slithered though one of the cracks on the bridge. That was a disaster and she was debbie downer the rest of the day. I just hope some poor bystander didn't get hit in the head down below. You'll have to go sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaBaby View Post
We've been to the Royal gorge several times; and it is awesome. In fact my oldest DD did her "bridging" there from Brownies to Jr. Girl Scouts. Pretty symbolic huh?

This past weekend, we stayed 1 night in Colo. Springs and did the Cheyenne Mtn Zoo and just enjoyed the hotel pool. We love that zoo too! We're pretty lucky with our zoos here in Colo. We're still trying to get together with my DSIL and the cousins to see the new Elephant Passage at the Denver Zoo. We think this Thurs will work. Was it cool when you went?
You're right. Colorado Springs Zoo is one heck of a workout too, but its a beautiful zoo. The new Elephant passage at the Denver zoo is really neat. I love all of the little details they put into the theming of it. ((Reminds me of Disney)) They brought in a few new animals too, which was really nice. Going in the middle of the week is probably the best idea. Do you have a zoo membership? My Dad bought us one a couple of months ago and we love having it. It's nice to just go for a couple of hours and being able to leave without feeling like you wasted money. I LOVE our zoo, we're very lucky to have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytocalliesue View Post
Wow!! I think our kids are A LOT alike...many of the same interests and sounds like they have same personalities!! Callie was sitting here looking at your DD after BBB and she really wants to do it! I told her not this trip because it's going to be SO HOT...but next time we go (we plan on going Dec. of 2014!! She ok with this...she really wants her face painted!

And I have to chuckle....so many of your Concerns with your DS are my same concerns! Like in the Land while we do soarin?!?! I think (hopefully) I'll have the boys ride the Land while we do soarin!!

Looking forward to reading the rest of your PTR!! I'm jealous of your cruise!! but NOT jealous of your drive!! My kids may be able to handle it...but I could not!!!
Thanks for stopping by. Our kids DO sound a LOT alike! Imagine the chaos if our two boys got together for a couple of hours...
Old 07-16-2012, 10:26 PM   #86
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

CHANGES
Well, like I mentioned before we had to make some changes to the first portion of our trip. Here they are thus far!

1. I couldn’t find any openings for TREX café, so I had to make reservations at Planet Hollywood on November 12th. I’m still hopeful that we can just walk into TREX and get a table, but if not I have set reservations for Planet Hollywood just in case.

2. On the 12th we’re going to take DS to ridemakerz to design his own car. Has anyone done this before? Is it worth the money?

3. We’re no longer going to be staying at AoA when we arrive, we’re now staying at

PORT ORLEANS RIVERSIDE in one of the ROYAL GUEST ROOMS

With FREE Dinning

So for those of you who are keeping track, we’ll be staying at three different hotels on this trip. ((Plus the Disney Dream)) That’s 4 **NEW** things right there!! The only Disney resorts we’ve stayed at before is CBR and All Star Movies. So of course we’re SUPER excited!

November-12th-15th- Port Orleans Riverside
November 15th-18th- Disney Dream
November 18th-21st- AoA Little Mermaid
November 21st-23rd- POP

Old 07-16-2012, 10:37 PM   #87
PixiePrincesses
Mouseketeer

Hi there, I'm honoring your PTR with my 1st DIS post! lol I'm planning a trip for Nov 14-20, so we'll be there at the same time, two different times, if that makes sense... it sounded good in my head anyway. I think I may start my own PTR, maybe we can compare notes/plans! Good luck!
PixiePrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:14 PM   #88
BellaBaby
DIS Veteran

That's funny, the only onsite resorts we had stayed in were CBR and AsMO in 2003; until this year when we tried out the Poly and AKV which we loved both. But we still do love Windsor Hills where we rent a house and its just so relaxing and not so spread out. We do like to mix it up periodically with new places too.

And yes we do have an annual pass to the zoo. I agree its nice to go for few hours and not worry about the cost.

4/05 HOJO's DL
4/07 Nick Hotel and WH
4-5/09 Nick Hotel and WH
6/10 WH
5-6/11 HOJO'S DL

Before kids:
1986 WDW
1992 DL
Old 07-17-2012, 09:20 AM   #89
carebearkidney
Mouseketeer

Checking out your PTR - wow...sounds FANTASTIC! Sorry about TREX. We went in 2011 and the boys loved it, after the initial "loudness" wore off. Loved Jayden's startled look by the way!
My in-laws often stay at Port Orleans. I've never been to that one, but they love it. If you need any info for where to stay in the Atlanta area, I can help you out there! Just let me know and I'll point you in the right direction of more family friendly areas.
Can't wait to read more -and see what firsts you are planning for each day!

Trick or Treat Trip Oct 11-16th 2014
Shades of Green :

Our MAW PTR
To Kidney - and Beyond!

Our kidney-versary trip - celebrating one year anniversary of kidney transplant!
kidney-versary trip 2011

Kidney-versary trip 2011
MAW trip Feb 17 - 23 2013
carebearkidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:52 AM   #90
vleeth
I heart Disney

I love that you put old pictures in you report...I'm gonna have to go dig up my old ones and put some in.

Congrats on the no sodas. If you stay away from them long enough, they won't taste good anymore. I think it was about 6 months...now I can't stand the way they taste.
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: