Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-20-2012, 11:58 AM   #31
starbound25
Mouseketeer

the app is simply called
Disney World Wait Times (free) or paid

Please visit my Amazon.com Author Page!
starbound25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:54 PM   #32
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

November 13th- Tuesday
Epcot
Hours- 8am-9pm

Must-Doís

1. As many character greetings and autograph signings that we can. Our goal is to get a minimum of 5 autographs a day.

** Iím hoping and praying that by the time we leave for our trip, Jayden will still not be afraid of the Characters. I want to get lots of great pictures of my kids and the characters. ((Cross your fingers))

** I need to check out ebay and see if I can purchase an autograph book or see if there are any deals on the Disney Store website.

**This is the one I bought my niece during a previous trip... Had a place where you could pictures in the inside. Loved it.

2. Pin-trading
** Reya has a ton of pins, problem is I have no idea where they are right now? We just recently moved and they have yet to be found. If I canít find them Iíll have to buy some on ebay. This is one of Reyas favorite things to do while at Disney. Iím not sure if Jayden will be into this or not? Probably too young? Reya started at 3, but didnít really understand the concept at the time.

**Reya checking out her first pin lanyard

3. Enjoy everything at a pace weíre comfortable with. Donít feel rushed and know that this isnít the LAST time weíre going to be at Disney.
** Our last few visits we were with other family members. We felt like we had to do everything they wanted to and didnít take our time to just enjoy our surroundings. I like to plan ahead, but commando just isnít fun in my opinion. We need to ďstop and smell the rosesĒ.

4. Soarin
** 1st attraction of the day! This is one of my favorite rides, and DD LOVES it almost as much as I do. Hopefully there wonít be a long wait and we can just get right on and grab a Child Swap and Fast Pass?
** I hate that you canít take strollers into this building. The hardest part of the trip is going to be keeping track of Jayden and keeping him happy while weíre taking turns riding some of the rides that he canít ride. He canít sit still for more than 2 minutes and gets into everything heís not supposed to. Iím thinking we could maybe take him in to see the Lion King show while weíre waiting if it happens to be playing at the same time. That or weíll just have to stuff his mouth with food at the food court while waiting? I really donít want to bring his ďleashĒ if we donít have to.

5. Living with the Land
** Might bore the kids but, I always enjoy this attraction.

6. The Seas with Nemo and Friends

7. Turtle Talk with Crush

** Last time we saw this show Reya was almost 4 years old. She was sitting up in the front row with her cousins and seemed to be enjoying herself before the show started. Then here comes CRUSH swimming towards the audience and swims fast and hard and ďcrashesĒ into the ďglassĒ of the human tank. Next thing you hear is Reya scream at the top of her lungs and jumped up off of the floor. She was in tears because she was so terrified. The whole theatre is stunned and Crush is at a loss for words. I had to run up to her and tried to comfort her while everyone was staring at us. I canít remember what Crush said to us because she was holding onto me and crying into my ear. My sweet sister in law finally took her hand and took her out of the room so the rest of us could enjoy the show. I still to this day donít understand why it scared her so bad.
Iím hoping Jayden can sit still long enough to watch this show.

**Right before Reyaís freak out

8. Explore the aquarium and let the kids play around the Shark World area.
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2012, 09:50 AM   #33
mnrhannah07
1,287 miles from WDW

Great Report so far! Hope you dont mind me joining in! lol we are going to DW and DCL in Nov as well...Actually with pretty close days! We are going to be at DW from Nov 5th-9th, then going on the Fantasy from the 10th-17th. We too will be staying in the mermaid room while there..This is actually our first time staying onsite in our 5 times going...It's funny, we have the same thought about paying the same place for a small room at Disney or a huge 2 bedroom condo with a FULL kitchen AND washer/dryer! But the heck, sometimes you have to leave alittle! We can always do wash BEFORE our cruise. You will Love the Dream! We did a B2B last Nov and really enjoyed it more then the Wonder...Anywho, can't wait for more updates!

Oh yea, wanted to ask how's the no soda going? I detoxed myself off last year and it was horrible..I say detox because some people don't understand it can totally be an addiction! I was drinking at least 5-6 cans A DAY! When I would try to stop, I would get such a headache and then grab a soda to ease the pain! It's such a cycle! But on the good side, I'm offically not an addict anymore and I only have a soda while out or on vacation..I never thought I'd see the day that I my house wasn't stocked with 12 packs!
Old 06-21-2012, 03:51 PM   #34
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

I'm here!! How tall is Jayden?

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Concerts
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:27 PM   #35
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnrhannah07 View Post
Great Report so far! Hope you dont mind me joining in! lol we are going to DW and DCL in Nov as well...Actually with pretty close days! We are going to be at DW from Nov 5th-9th, then going on the Fantasy from the 10th-17th. We too will be staying in the mermaid room while there..This is actually our first time staying onsite in our 5 times going...It's funny, we have the same thought about paying the same place for a small room at Disney or a huge 2 bedroom condo with a FULL kitchen AND washer/dryer! But the heck, sometimes you have to leave alittle! We can always do wash BEFORE our cruise. You will Love the Dream! We did a B2B last Nov and really enjoyed it more then the Wonder...Anywho, can't wait for more updates!

Oh yea, wanted to ask how's the no soda going? I detoxed myself off last year and it was horrible..I say detox because some people don't understand it can totally be an addiction! I was drinking at least 5-6 cans A DAY! When I would try to stop, I would get such a headache and then grab a soda to ease the pain! It's such a cycle! But on the good side, I'm offically not an addict anymore and I only have a soda while out or on vacation..I never thought I'd see the day that I my house wasn't stocked with 12 packs!
I'm HAPPY to have you here.

Where do you usually stay? We stayed at a place call Lighthouse Key Resort a few years ago and it was AMAZING! Was a 3 bedroom/3 bath/ beautiful resort and I think we paid $140.00 a day? So, yeah it's hard to go from a 1500 sqare foot condo to a 400 square foot room. However there is nothing like staying on property... You'll love it! Plus it's nice knowing we're staying in a brand new room.

Ahhh, I wish I could afford a 7 day cruise.... I will someday... Disney is WAY overpriced when it comes to their cruises, but WOW .. So much fun!!

"Detoxing" is going pretty well! It's hard... very, very hard!!! I've hit 10 days with a soda though! So proud of myself... That's great that you've managed to not drink any in so long... Congrats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
I'm here!! How tall is Jayden?
Hello! ... Ummmm, I'm not sure? He's taking a nap right now, so when he wakes I'll measure him.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #36
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

So I received my personalized Maps from Disney World yesterday! So Happy!!
Also received my reservations from AAA.. NOT so happy!! In the envelope they sent me it didnít have the leg of my trip that included 3 days at AoA and my 6 day park tickets?? I emailed my TA and she responded today that she didnít have me down for any ticketsÖ WHAT?!?!?!? I emailed her back and told her they charged me three separate deposits and she better have me down for tickets. Iím freaking out a little bit waiting for her to call or email me. In my opinion I think she needs to consider retiring. She didnít seem all there when I made my original reservationsÖ Hope everything is okay so I can chill out.

Just curiousÖ. When do most of you start making your count-down calendarsÖ Think 142 days out is too early?!? Seems like a lot of work and Iíll probably need more than 1 poster board?
Old 06-21-2012, 05:42 PM   #37
mnrhannah07
1,287 miles from WDW

We have stayed everytime at westgate town center...Its the newest edition to the westgate vacation villas..Their amenties are always top when considering other places to stay..We took our first Disney Cruise Nov 2010 and I never thought it was something we could keep doing yearly due to the high cost. I too am a stay at home mom, so funds are pretty well precalculated every check lol But last Feb I started babysitting for a friend of mine and help offset the cost of the trip

Anywho, I was doing some pricing earlier today and was debating on going another route as far as booking the Disney World leg of the trip..If I could find someone to rent me their DVC points for $10 a point, I could buy the dining plan and tickets seperate and only cost about $50 more, plus it would be an animal kingdom studio! I posted on a few people's threads that were offering points at that price, so I'll see..Not totally sure how it all works since I'm new to staying onsite..
Old 06-21-2012, 05:52 PM   #38
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
So I received my personalized Maps from Disney World yesterday! So Happy!!
Also received my reservations from AAA.. NOT so happy!! In the envelope they sent me it didnít have the leg of my trip that included 3 days at AoA and my 6 day park tickets?? I emailed my TA and she responded today that she didnít have me down for any ticketsÖ WHAT?!?!?!? I emailed her back and told her they charged me three separate deposits and she better have me down for tickets. Iím freaking out a little bit waiting for her to call or email me. In my opinion I think she needs to consider retiring. She didnít seem all there when I made my original reservationsÖ Hope everything is okay so I can chill out.

Just curiousÖ. When do most of you start making your count-down calendarsÖ Think 142 days out is too early?!? Seems like a lot of work and Iíll probably need more than 1 poster board?
Uhoh, this is not good news! Hope everything gets straightened out for you!

Congrats on the 10 days of no soda!

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:16 PM   #39
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Well, I'm freaking out and have been on the verge of tears all afternoon. My stupid TA emailed me back and says. "Sorry, but Disney has you leaving on Nov 21st NOT Nov 22nd? Sorry!!!! "" "We can get you into POP on the 21st for a day, but you'll need to pay another deposit" ............................... WHAT!!!!!!!!!! According to the reservations they sent me in the mail I'm booked 4 nights!! They charged me 4 Nights!!! And now they don't have any rooms left on the 21st!! I called Disney and they can't do anything because it was booked through a travel agent and they show me booked/leaving on the 21st!! And they don't show reservations for my stay before the cruise at all! Of course it's after hours and I can't get ahold of anyone at the travel agency. So now my blood pressure is way hight until tomorrow morning. My discover card does show 3 seperate deposits totalling over $700.00
Old 06-21-2012, 09:54 PM   #40
disprincessesmom1012
Mouseketeer

I'm here!!! Ive had your ptr opened and finally got around to reading it. First your kids are so cute! Second I dunno how I would survive a drive like that. My kids wouldnt make it to the final destination.

We have only been to Disney once but caught the bug right away. In Epcot we ate at Askershus, the food was weird but the atmosphere was great. We were on the dining plan though. DBF ate at Morocco but I am picky and have a funny tummy that hates almost all ethnic foods so I hate at a very American QS, cant remember name but its right across from the boat dock to go into WS. We will be checking out some new places in Sept when we go as Epcot was DBF fave park.

And I would see about tranferring your reservation to a new TA or to yourself so you can correct everything. Make the TA pay for her mistakes. Thats such crap. I hope you get it all worked out!

Surprising the Littles, DxDP, CBR and MNSSHP!! A Late Sept/Early Oct 2012 PTR

April 2010: First Ever Trip! DD1 2 1/2yr, DD2 in the womb
disprincessesmom1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:03 AM   #41
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disprincessesmom1012 View Post
I'm here!!! Ive had your ptr opened and finally got around to reading it. First your kids are so cute! Second I dunno how I would survive a drive like that. My kids wouldnt make it to the final destination.

We have only been to Disney once but caught the bug right away. In Epcot we ate at Askershus, the food was weird but the atmosphere was great. We were on the dining plan though. DBF ate at Morocco but I am picky and have a funny tummy that hates almost all ethnic foods so I hate at a very American QS, cant remember name but its right across from the boat dock to go into WS. We will be checking out some new places in Sept when we go as Epcot was DBF fave park.

And I would see about tranferring your reservation to a new TA or to yourself so you can correct everything. Make the TA pay for her mistakes. Thats such crap. I hope you get it all worked out!
Hello.....Glad you're here.! Disney can get addicting really quick! And September is a GREAT time to go. I'd go then but I don't want to take Reya out of school that soon and my husband is expecting some extra money in November so that's paying for a good chunk of our trip. He's actually getting the money the day we leave. Guess we're cutting it short. He's supposed to get his sabatical (sp) the day we get back, but I think he's going to save it for another time.

I'm heading to the TA this morning to get this mess straightened out. I wouldn't be as upset except now they have NO rooms available for the last we're there and the prices have gone up on the hotel before our cruise and right now I don't even know if that reservation exists anymore? They had no problem taking my money though. I'm hoping everything works out and I can finally relax. I've NEVER gone through a TA before and now I'm thinking I never will again. Such a mess and heartbreak right now. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:05 AM   #42
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnrhannah07 View Post
We have stayed everytime at westgate town center...Its the newest edition to the westgate vacation villas..Their amenties are always top when considering other places to stay..We took our first Disney Cruise Nov 2010 and I never thought it was something we could keep doing yearly due to the high cost. I too am a stay at home mom, so funds are pretty well precalculated every check lol But last Feb I started babysitting for a friend of mine and help offset the cost of the trip

Anywho, I was doing some pricing earlier today and was debating on going another route as far as booking the Disney World leg of the trip..If I could find someone to rent me their DVC points for $10 a point, I could buy the dining plan and tickets seperate and only cost about $50 more, plus it would be an animal kingdom studio! I posted on a few people's threads that were offering points at that price, so I'll see..Not totally sure how it all works since I'm new to staying onsite..
I have no idea how that works either. You should let me know when you find out. I might have to find another place to stay because of the mess my travel agent caused me.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:45 AM   #43
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Old 06-22-2012, 11:29 AM   #44
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

I talked to my travel agent this morning. Needless to say Iím still not happy however Iím a little more calm now. My reservations for before the cruise are confirmed. Cruise is confirmed. ((Even though they show Jayden as a girl NOT a boy)) And Iím reserved for 3 days after my cruise. Of course Iím still upset about this and donít know whoís to blame. Instead of being mad Iím going to figure a way to make lemonade out of lemons. I need to decide what I want to do about the 21st and a couple of ideas are swimming around in my head right now. Iíll let you know after I decide.
A couple of questions for all of you though.

1. Is it hard to add an extra day to your tickets? My TA still hasnít gotten back to me on this.
2. Do they still sell Disney Dollars at Disney World? I know they donít do it at the local Disney stores anymore.

Well I hope everyone has a good weekend. Iím hoping to have some good news about my plans to share with all of you. Today DD and I are going to see the new pixar movie BRAVE and check out our newly designed Disney Store at the mall down the street. Iím super excited to see it. I didnít know until two weeks ago that they even brought it back. I was so depressed when they closed it and now they have a brand new one! YAY!
Old 06-22-2012, 01:36 PM   #45
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

AFAIK, it is easy to add extra days to your tix. Just go to the front desk of the hotel and they can take care of it right there for you.

Hope you enjoy BRAVE!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: