Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 08:43 AM   #136
Leger13
DIS Veteran

Oh my goodness I LOVE the lost boys shirt you got! Where ever did you get it??

Love the plans for your EPCOT day! I hope the Perry experience is fun. I can't wait for Alex to be old enough for it. DH and I love Perry! As for entertainment we really like the Jammitors. They're always fun Not sure about tips for Illuminations though. The last time we watched that fireworks show was from a fireworks cruise so we didn't have to worry about where the best spot was or how to leave easily afterwords. That was in 2001 so it's been quite a while since we've seen the fireworks there.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:55 AM   #137
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
Of course I missed you!

I love all the cute stuff you picked up for Reya and Jayden! Love the countdown calendar, too!

WOOHOO for being paid off! Feels great, doesn't it? Good for you on picking up things early (gift cards, little presents, etc.). Seems like I always wait until the last second (just as I'm doing this time around) and then suddenly I have to do mad shopping just to get everything we need.

Your EPCOT day sounds great! I'm with you on TT being closed. I was so hoping they'd put the refurb off - it's DH's favorite ride. We haven't been there in years and years, so I'm no help whatsoever with suggestions on where to stand for Illuminations, WS entertainment, etc.

As far as meals in the 'World, though, I have heard great things about the ham & cheese croissant at the bakery in France (Boulangerie Patisserie?). There's a pic floating around right now on the Restaurant board if you want to take a look-see.

So glad to have you back! Don't disappear again like that ... promise!
It feels more offical now that Disney is paid off. I'm stressing coming up with the rest of the money though. I can't wait to get mickey mail.

I am for sure stopping in france for some sort of dessert! Yummmm... I'm so hungry right now. Speaking of which I haven't lost any more weight. I haven't done ANYTHING I'm supposed too. I told myself after the labor day weekend I would get back on track. So wish me luck!

I'm thrilled to be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leger13 View Post
Oh my goodness I LOVE the lost boys shirt you got! Where ever did you get it??

Love the plans for your EPCOT day! I hope the Perry experience is fun. I can't wait for Alex to be old enough for it. DH and I love Perry! As for entertainment we really like the Jammitors. They're always fun Not sure about tips for Illuminations though. The last time we watched that fireworks show was from a fireworks cruise so we didn't have to worry about where the best spot was or how to leave easily afterwords. That was in 2001 so it's been quite a while since we've seen the fireworks there.
I bought both of them at Target.

I'll be sure to check out the Jammitors??!

I don't think we've seen Illuminations since 2001 either. Hmmmm... So it will almost be a new experience for us too.
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2012, 10:58 PM   #138
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

72 DAYS till VACATION!!!!!!!

Well my friends......Since I just shared my EPCOT plans with you, I tought it would be a good time to post some old photos. Please enjoy!

********Some 2010 Pictures *******

Reached my limit...... I will post some more soon.

Old 09-05-2012, 08:06 AM   #139
BearcatsFan
we finally had a minute to breathe yesterday and sat down
Soak up the Sun

Great photos! I love the one of Reya and her daddy!

Loving all things Disney since 1976.
BearcatsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:23 PM   #140
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Well I have NO idea how I managed to make such a big mistake....... But it's a pleasant suprise of a mistake!

We don't have 71 days left until vacation we have

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........................

65!!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #141
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

2007 EPCOT pictures

I also just happened upon a couple of OLDER photos…. Sorry the quality isn’t that great, I had to take a picture of the pictures with my camera phone.

***This one was taken at Epcot in 2001the day before my wedding. All my wonderful friends who loved me enough to come to Orlando to see us get married are pictured here. This is one of my favorite photos and now that I’ve found it again it needs to be framed right away. ((Such wonderful memories)) And WOW! We were young.

The girl in the top middle is my BFF Christi. We’ve been best friends for 22 years now. We met the first day of Jr High and she’s one of the most important people in my life. The guy in the middle with the facial hair is Matt her now husband. ( They just celebrated 10 years of marriage last week.) He proposed to her during that trip at the Caribbean Beach Resort before they flew back home. He wanted to do it the day before, he had a whole date set up with them going snorkeling and taking a romantic boat ride where he would get down on his knee and ask her to marry him. Sooooo.... Christi has REALLY bad motion sickness and took a bunch of Dramamine before she got on the boat that day. Well long story short she was either passed out or throwing up over the side of the boat and needless to say Matt’s proposal plans needed to wait. He wanted to make sure he proposed before they left florida so he ended up proposing to her there a CBR. ((just a cute little story I thought you’d like.)) 2 kids later and they are one of the most amazing couples I’ve ever known.

**((1999)))****This is a picture of Trevor and I. ((My son was named after him)) He was my husband’s best friend and one hell of a great guy! ((RIP)) He had his leg amputated when he was in highschool because of bone cancer and unfortunately the cancer came back FAST AND HARD years later. He always wanted to go to Disney World so a bunch of his co-workers, Will, and I did everything to get him there. It was sorta a make a wish we all chipped in for because the MAW foundation wouldn’t do it for him. ((It’s been so long now I don’t know why??!)) He only had months to live when we finally got him there. It was hard to do much because he was so sick and fatigued, plus we had to push him in a wheel chair everywhere we went. We’re so happy that were we able to spend some time with him and to show him Disney and the ocean before he passed away 3 months later. I have some pictures framed of him seeing the ocean for the first time and of that trip, but I’m not going to take them out and post them. So of course whenever we visit Disney we also like to think of Trevor and how much we still love and miss him.

Stay tuned for more planning
Old 09-06-2012, 06:39 AM   #142
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Yay for being able to take a WHOLE WEEK off your to-go days!

Love the group photo and all the other photos you posted. How awesome your friends got engaged at CBR! No, I wouldn't think throwing up and/or passed out would be conducive to a great engagement memory!

Such a touching story about your friend Trevor. That's wonderful that you and his other friends were able to make his wish come true.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:32 AM   #143
vleeth
I heart Disney

Wow...I think I'm gonna go check see if I miss counted! Awesome news!
vleeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:06 PM   #144
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

64 days to GO!!!!!!

And I am SOOOOOOOO HAPPY Right now… A BIG weight has been lifted from my shoulders! This is something that has had me stressed since the moment we started planning this trip.

I officially have

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………........................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .......................

A

DOG - SITTER!!!!!!!

Thank GOD!!!!

Old 09-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #145
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

Hello!!

First of all...HOW DO YOU DRIVE ALL THE WAY FROM HERE TO THERE?! You'll have to let me know. And maybe you could do some costs of driving that far. So I can see just how worth it it is. Driving scares me, but then again so does $110 ONE WAY. For at least 3 people.

I LOVE your bathroom! Right now we have a Broncos bathroom, complete with Raiders toilet paper. Kidding. But we do have a Broncos shower curtain.

Hooray for pin trading! I love it. Even if you DO find Reya's pins, you should still get some from Ebay. Just because. Then you can trade more!

Maybe for Soarin' you don't have to lug Jayden into the Land? Maybe whoever is staying with him can go somewhere else? Like the Sea or Innovations or something that would be better for him? IDK how stressful he is...would it be worse trying to keep him from gettting into trouble there then walking extra? Just something to consider! (Of course, its all up hill too! Then when you are inside, you go downstairs. )

So I love having a DisFriend from my part of the country to read about! YAY!! You will have to bring your kids into my Disney Store one day! Also, don't you just LOVE our zoo? I went there a week or two ago and FINALLY saw the elephant exhibit. They themed it SO WELL, it was almost, ALMOST AK-esque. I think that is the most detailed zoo attraction that is not Disney anywhere. (I haven't been everywhere so who knows though? ) Sadly, last time I went to the zoo, I lost my camera!

AHHHHHHHHHHHH you are staying in a royal guest room!! I am so jealous!! You are doing the best rooms on this trip!! LUCKY LUCKY!!

Isn't it heartbreaking what has happened in Colorado this summer? Between the fires and the shooting, we haven't been able to catch much of a break! It's devastating. I woke up that day in July to so many texts asking if I was okay. I had no idea what anyone was talking about and turned on the news and just watched, absolutely heartbroken. I grew up near that theater and knew a girl who got shot (but survived). Also, my boyfriend's brother is an Aurora cop and he was the first one actually inside the theater. It hit so, so, so close to home and it just kills me. Still makes me tear up!

That field agent thing sounds so awesome! I want to do that. I have never heard of that!

Love that you have all those gift cards! What a great way to save up for the trip! How did you get all those ones, like the gas, for free?

You got some great Disney finds for the kids too! I love them!!

I have never caught any of the entertainment (except Off Kilter) at the WS either and I really want to! So I'm hoping you do and can give me some good reviews!!

I loved your flashback stories! So bittersweet. Disney is just the best. I'm all teary right now.

Yay for finding a dog sitter!!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

princess_momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #146
wuzzy6
Mom to the Fab 4

I just caught up on your entire report, and I'm so excited for you and your gorgeous family!

I, too, am so scared of flying. I was fine until we flew from Las Vegas to Houston about 3 weeks post 9/11 - we had to abort our landing only moments before we actually touched down. It was utterly terrifying, and although I have flown since then, I have full-blown panic attacks. We're planning to fly, but I really, really, really want to stay on the ground.

Anyway, you're getting SO CLOSE!!! Can't wait to read more!!!

FL Native and habitual day-tripper: since 1971; Apr 2002: PO-R; Mar 2014: CSR ; Apr 2014: WL; May 2014: PO-R and FW-cabin; Aug 2014: YC CL+DxDP; What's next?!
wuzzy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:39 PM   #147
eeyoresnr
DIS Veteran

I just found your PTR after you joined the one I started last night! days! you are so lucky.... I had to laugh at the DOG SITTER post, as my daughter does pet sitting on the side... you're children are adorable and I can't wait to hear how Jayden does , as my Grandson Jaxon will be 2 years and 4 months when we go.
I love all your pics and have to say the Mickey Mouse bathroom is awesome. I too have a Mickey Mouse bathroom, and earlier this year when my mother in law saw it for the first time, she said "how cute, I'm sure you did this for Jaxon". I had to laugh and tell her I did it for me before Jaxon was conceived she just said, "oh okay"
anyways I'm going over to work on mine a bit...be back soon
1963-1999 Disneyland... Too many to list /Feb 2003 WDW All Star Sports- (Honeymoon- 1st WDW trip) / Jan 2004 WDW CSR (1st Anniversary)/ Aug 2004 Disneyland (Home-Sweet-Home) / Aug 2005 WDW CSR & POR / Dec 2005 CBR (MVMCP)/March 2006 WDW CSR (Braves / Dodgers) / April 2006 POR (Daughters 21st Birthday)Dec 2007 WDW ASMusic & Villas @WL (My Birthday & Our 5th Anniversary & 2 MVMCP)
Feb 2008 Pop Century / April 2008 ASMovies / Dec 2008 ASMusic, CR & OKW & AKL-(CL) MVMCP/Steam Train & Keys to the Kingdom Tours...
May 2009 CSR / Dec 2009 CSR & AKV Kidani SV / Bay Lake Towers / Boardwalk Villas (Backstage Magic Tour) / April 2010 AKV Kidani SV & FW Cabins / May 2010 CBR / Sept 2010 OKW / Dec 2010 CSR (My 50th Birthday)
April 2011 A.S. Sports/Bonnet Creek / May 2011 Bonnet Creek / Dec 2013 Bonnet Creek / March-April 2014 Bonnet Creek
Working on my ROAR! Jaxon's First trip to meet Mickey Mouse... Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988090
eeyoresnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:14 AM   #148
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

Our dogs are staying with my MIL. We have the neighbors lined up to check on all of them!

I just ordered some pins off eBay to trade! I just received them today and now I think I have plenty to trade with! So fun!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:40 AM   #149
BearcatsFan
Soak up the Sun

Glad to hear you got a dog sitter!

Old 09-07-2012, 02:19 PM   #150
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
Hello!!

First of all...HOW DO YOU DRIVE ALL THE WAY FROM HERE TO THERE?! You'll have to let me know. And maybe you could do some costs of driving that far. So I can see just how worth it it is. Driving scares me, but then again so does $110 ONE WAY. For at least 3 people.

I LOVE your bathroom! Right now we have a Broncos bathroom, complete with Raiders toilet paper. Kidding. But we do have a Broncos shower curtain.

Hooray for pin trading! I love it. Even if you DO find Reya's pins, you should still get some from Ebay. Just because. Then you can trade more!

Maybe for Soarin' you don't have to lug Jayden into the Land? Maybe whoever is staying with him can go somewhere else? Like the Sea or Innovations or something that would be better for him? IDK how stressful he is...would it be worse trying to keep him from gettting into trouble there then walking extra? Just something to consider! (Of course, its all up hill too! Then when you are inside, you go downstairs. )

So I love having a DisFriend from my part of the country to read about! YAY!! You will have to bring your kids into my Disney Store one day! Also, don't you just LOVE our zoo? I went there a week or two ago and FINALLY saw the elephant exhibit. They themed it SO WELL, it was almost, ALMOST AK-esque. I think that is the most detailed zoo attraction that is not Disney anywhere. (I haven't been everywhere so who knows though? ) Sadly, last time I went to the zoo, I lost my camera!

AHHHHHHHHHHHH you are staying in a royal guest room!! I am so jealous!! You are doing the best rooms on this trip!! LUCKY LUCKY!!

Isn't it heartbreaking what has happened in Colorado this summer? Between the fires and the shooting, we haven't been able to catch much of a break! It's devastating. I woke up that day in July to so many texts asking if I was okay. I had no idea what anyone was talking about and turned on the news and just watched, absolutely heartbroken. I grew up near that theater and knew a girl who got shot (but survived). Also, my boyfriend's brother is an Aurora cop and he was the first one actually inside the theater. It hit so, so, so close to home and it just kills me. Still makes me tear up!

That field agent thing sounds so awesome! I want to do that. I have never heard of that!

Love that you have all those gift cards! What a great way to save up for the trip! How did you get all those ones, like the gas, for free?

You got some great Disney finds for the kids too! I love them!!

I have never caught any of the entertainment (except Off Kilter) at the WS either and I really want to! So I'm hoping you do and can give me some good reviews!!

I loved your flashback stories! So bittersweet. Disney is just the best. I'm all teary right now.

Yay for finding a dog sitter!!
Hi! I'm so happy you stopped by!

First.... I already responded to your message. I spent a 1/2 hour writing you back, then my son came in, touched "something" and EVERYTHING deleted. So sorry if I forget to respond to a question and if they're short answers. lol... Just don't have another 1/2 hour to spare.

So let me see if I can remember what I wrote before.?!?

1. The cost of gas+4 nights hotel+ Spending = What we would pay round trip to florida for the four of us. So we figure we get an extra 4 days of vacation time. ((even though it's not Disney)) to spend in hotels, with each other, and getting to see this beautiful country of ours.

It's a LONG drive, but super fun. If you ever decide to do it, let me know and I can give you a bunch of suggestions on hotels and places to visit.

2. Do they have Raiders toilet paper? If NOT, somebody totally needs to invent it. I would use it in a heart beat!

3. I LOVE our zoo! We were going to go today, but I'm feeling a bit under the weather. You're right, the new Elephant Passage reminds me of AK a bit. ((just on a smaller scale)) We have a season pass which I need to use more of now that the weather is getting a little cooler.

4. I'm glad your friend that was in the shooting is alright! What a scary experience that was for him/her! Colorado has definatley seen it's share of loss and sadness this year.

5. We will have to pop into your store sometime before our trip begins. We're a LOT closer to Park Meadows now, but I need to head that way to eat at Senior Rics. Haven't been there in forever and I'm craving it like crazy.

Dang it, dang it, dang it! I know there was a LOT more to say... If I can remember I'll message ya.

Thanks for reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzzy6 View Post
I just caught up on your entire report, and I'm so excited for you and your gorgeous family!

I, too, am so scared of flying. I was fine until we flew from Las Vegas to Houston about 3 weeks post 9/11 - we had to abort our landing only moments before we actually touched down. It was utterly terrifying, and although I have flown since then, I have full-blown panic attacks. We're planning to fly, but I really, really, really want to stay on the ground.

Anyway, you're getting SO CLOSE!!! Can't wait to read more!!!

Thank you and thanks for reading!

I know, I can't believe how fast time is flying by! I still have so much to do though. My weight loss has come to a stand still for one... I have a fun weekend planned so diet needs to resume on sunday.

Luckily I don't have panic attacks on the plane. My bff does though. She needs to be drugged out of her mind before she boards a plane. I normally have a hard time with the landing. ((Most people like that part the best. lol))

I don't think I could confine Jayden to an aircraft anyway... Everybody on the plane would want to kill me after the flight was over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresnr View Post
I just found your PTR after you joined the one I started last night! days! you are so lucky.... I had to laugh at the DOG SITTER post, as my daughter does pet sitting on the side... you're children are adorable and I can't wait to hear how Jayden does , as my Grandson Jaxon will be 2 years and 4 months when we go.
I love all your pics and have to say the Mickey Mouse bathroom is awesome. I too have a Mickey Mouse bathroom, and earlier this year when my mother in law saw it for the first time, she said "how cute, I'm sure you did this for Jaxon". I had to laugh and tell her I did it for me before Jaxon was conceived she just said, "oh okay"
anyways I'm going over to work on mine a bit...be back soon
All my friends know how obsessed I am with Disney, so they weren't suprised when I showed them my mickey bathroom. I told them last week when we were at Dinner that we were taking a trip to florida and Disneyworld again. They rolled their eyes and asked me yet again. "Why don't you go somewhere new?" .... If it's not broke don't fix it!!! Why.... we love Disney we don't need to go anywhere else. Maybe when the kids are older I guess?!?!?

I thought I was going to need to do some major butt kissing to my SIL so I could get her to watch the dogs. Luckily I have an aunt that needs a big favor and I need a favor... So we played let's make a deal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
Our dogs are staying with my MIL. We have the neighbors lined up to check on all of them!

I just ordered some pins off eBay to trade! I just received them today and now I think I have plenty to trade with! So fun!
Now I just need someone to watch the Guniea pig and check my mail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatsFan View Post
Glad to hear you got a dog sitter!
Thanks.... We're SOOOOO excited!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: