Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2012, 06:58 PM   #1
RachelCheyenne
Earning My Ears

Spontaneous Disney trip on a budget.

Hello and welcome to my trip report!

My name is Rachel and I will be taking you through this brief, but wonderful little Disney adventure of mine. As you can tell from my post count, I don't post much. Haha, actually, I post very little; I read more than I contribute. Sorry :/ I just love reading each person's disney trip, but that being said I have to share my Disney trip. It helps me cope as I miss being there. :/ After I graduated high school, life got in the way so the Disney passion burned out for a moment. However, due to a recent spontaneous decision to revisit the parks with a Disney-loving friend, the fire has been rekindled.

A little background info:

This is me, Rachel. (In this picture, I had just straightened my wig for the first time - but you'll hear alittle more about the wig as the TR goes on.)

I'm 21 years old and a second semester Junior in college. (Apparently, when you transfer colleges, you lose a semester of credits. ) I've been going to Disney ever since I was 3. I've grown up watching the movies and visiting the parks. I have much to catch up on as I've been distant from my (and your) second home but I'm thrilled. I love music, drinking coffee, fairy tales, and all things Disney. My favorite Disney movies are Beauty and the Beast, Tangled, and A Goofy movie. My favorite Disney resorts are the Polynesian and Beach Club. And finally, my top 4 (in no specific order) Disney songs, Under the Sea, Hakuna Matata, I See the Light, and Beauty and the Beast.

This is my Distrip partner-in-crime, Jill. She turned 21 on the last day we were at the Parks.

She has been one of my closest friends since 6th grade. She is the Pumba to my Timon. (No, really! We saw Lion King 1 1/2 together and just decided to adopt the characters. Her nickname is Pumba. Mine is Timon. ) She's, also, a college kid and a Disney lover. Her top two favorite movies are Cinderella and Tangled. And some of her favorite Disney songs are A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes, Why Should I Worry, and Circle of Life.

We decided to embark on a spontaneous-esque Disney trip for her 21st birthday and to visit the place we have missed for the past few years.
Warning: This TR doesn't include the highest of quality of pictures due to camera phones nor major restaurant experiences, but hey.. it was still a blast regardless

1993@Contemporary; 1995@Buena Vista Resort; 1996@Wilderness Lodge; 1997@Dixing Landing; 1998@Port Orleans/French Quarter; 1999@Polynesian; 2000@Disneyland Hotel(concierge); 2004@Polynesian (concierge); 2005@Beach Club(concierge); 2006@Port Orleans/Riverside; October 2007:Wilderness Lodge Villas and AKL (concierge); June 2009: Pop Century; November 2010: Wilderness Lodge; UPCOMING: August 2012: All Star Music

Last edited by RachelCheyenne; 08-25-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:28 PM   #2
RachelCheyenne
Earning My Ears

So a quick background story.

After Jill and I graduated from high school, we decided to go to Disney World. Why? Because we love it! We had previously gone to Disney with two other friends when I was 16 for my birthday and we decided we wanted to go again. This time the trip sprung up during a movie outing to see Brave (Super cute movie, btw). We both realized how much we missed it and immediately afterwards we began researching places to stay and a time frame. We quickly realized, though, that with college starting back up soon, it would have to be a short and a financially doable trip.

So, by the end of the night, she and I had decided to stay at...

All Star Music!

The room for two nights ended up being around $186 including tax. Not too shabby and definitely in the college girl budget!

Finally, we determined that the dates would be August 17-19. Two nights at All Star Music, but we would hit the parks for three days.

With these plans in place, we began our countdown!

1993@Contemporary; 1995@Buena Vista Resort; 1996@Wilderness Lodge; 1997@Dixing Landing; 1998@Port Orleans/French Quarter; 1999@Polynesian; 2000@Disneyland Hotel(concierge); 2004@Polynesian (concierge); 2005@Beach Club(concierge); 2006@Port Orleans/Riverside; October 2007:Wilderness Lodge Villas and AKL (concierge); June 2009: Pop Century; November 2010: Wilderness Lodge; UPCOMING: August 2012: All Star Music

Last edited by RachelCheyenne; 08-25-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:37 PM   #3
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Looks like fun times already! Can't wait to read more

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: