Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2012, 02:36 AM   #91
katt789
DIS Veteran

Alright! I've read the intro, and I'm here to read along! (more later though haha) It looks like it's going to be an awesome TR!! That's totally awesome that you get to do the college program! Totes jealous!!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

katt789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:22 AM   #92
Leasha_Loves_Disney
Please stand clear of the door; Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor Princesses View Post
All of the NEW!!! is so great! Thanks for thinking of us on the DIS. I can't wait to see it in person in just a couple more months. That water part is mind blowing; I don't think I have ever seen it look so clean!

No problem!!! I wish i would have taken a few more pictures of the NEW!!! but no you can experience some as a surprise. I could not stop looking at the water, I knew it had always been there but it was like WOAH and BAM check me out. I should have thrown a penny in there and been the first one, what was I thinking?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak616 View Post
Buzz's ride makes me so mad too! It's so annoying because I never do well on it and Jess is always like the "Gallactic Hero" with 999,999 points or whatever. It's so annoying. I don't know why I'm so bad at it! Ah well. I'll stick to Toy Story Mania.

Nice pointed toes in the Big Thunder Line at the new yellow tiles Bobby. That is him right?

LOVE the faces on the ride. Priceless.

My entire family loves it and they always get mad that I never want to do it, they think I am a sore loser haha. I really just don't know how to do better!!!

Yes, that is Bobby and he would love you for saying that!!! He loves "being a dancer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
I totally know what you mean about distinct Disney smells. I work at hospital and in the lab, I kid you not, it smells like the Main St. emporium. For reals!

Also the smell of POTC; sometimes I turn on my A/C in the car and it smells just like it and then I want to go to Disneyland.

Another great update!

What glorious things Disney smells are!!! The A/C in Andy's old car use to smell like the monorail, I would sit it in sometimes and just start smiling and giggling and one day he asked me why, I told him it was the Disney smells and he had NO IDEA what I was talking about (this was before he had gone to Disney when he was old enough to remember) NOW having been there a few times, he understands completely mind you he still thinks I'm weird but he understands where I'm coming from how

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Alright! I've read the intro, and I'm here to read along! (more later though haha) It looks like it's going to be an awesome TR!! That's totally awesome that you get to do the college program! Totes jealous!!
Hello and welcome, thanks for reading along. We hope you enjoy our trip!!!

I feel like I leave SO SOON, I can't even get over it. I don't think it will hit me until I move in. It's so crazy i get to spend 6 months in Disney World!!!
Leasha_Loves_Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #93
caravarela
Mouseketeer

Just found this TR.. YAY for another Alicia TR

Loved watching the trip video.. you guys look like a blast to hang out with and I was literally laughing and smiling through the whole thing.

Subscribing!

Nov/Dec 08: Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa
Nov/Dec 09: Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa
Nov/Dec 10: 2Nights CSR, 7Nights Polynesian
Nov/Dec 11: Coronado Springs "Surprise the kids" trip
Nov/Dec 12: Coronado Springs
November 13: Caribbean Beach Pirate Room
November 14: Coronado Springs
caravarela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #94
Leasha_Loves_Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by caravarela View Post
Just found this TR.. YAY for another Alicia TR

Loved watching the trip video.. you guys look like a blast to hang out with and I was literally laughing and smiling through the whole thing.

Subscribing!

So glad you found us!!!

Thanks a lot we had so much fun making it. I'm so glad that you enjoyed it. Disney just turns us into big kids, as I'm sure it does with a lot of people, especially this time around beucase we couldn't believe we were actually there. It was amazing
Old 06-23-2012, 04:55 PM   #95
TinkerTracy
Wow so much is going on
Official thread promoter. Where's my bullhorn at?
I am incredibly hard to embarrass

Subscribing! Awesome so far!
TinkerTracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:34 PM   #96
tehSAC
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leasha_Loves_Disney View Post
Thank you I'm glad you like it do far!!! From time to time I find a Disney photo on my phone that I haven't given a makeover to and I make sure to snaz it up. Such a fun this to do when I have free time at work

Yep I always seem to find time to browse instagram.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:33 PM   #97
Leasha_Loves_Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerTracy View Post
Subscribing! Awesome so far!

Yippee and thanks so much for reading along we are glad to have you join us!!!
Old 06-23-2012, 11:36 PM   #98
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

I just realized that my hubby and I were there at MK on the same day that you were because we also rode Thunder Mountain after the refurb was done! I just couldn't believe that I was going to be missing out on my favorite ride during my honeymoon, but thankfully, I was at least able to ride it one time. I was so upset that it wasn't open during EMH though. We definitely would have ridden it over and over again!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:57 AM   #99
Leasha_Loves_Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
I just realized that my hubby and I were there at MK on the same day that you were because we also rode Thunder Mountain after the refurb was done! I just couldn't believe that I was going to be missing out on my favorite ride during my honeymoon, but thankfully, I was at least able to ride it one time. I was so upset that it wasn't open during EMH though. We definitely would have ridden it over and over again!
How crazy!!! I love when i heard about people who were there the same time, such a small world. Honeymoon?! Congratulations!!! What a magical place to spend such a happy time, I hope you had a wonderful trip. We were so excited to get to ride it that day because it wasn't scheduled to open until the following day when we couldn't make it back. We were totally bummed that it wasn't open during EMH too but we were glad we got one quick ride in on it.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #100
Leasha_Loves_Disney

More Reasons To Come Back
May 27, 2012

After seeing all the NEW!!! and obtaining fastpasses we decided to head over to Haunted Mansion.

Don’t let this picture deceive you, while I was happy to be in Disney I was not happy to be headed to the Haunted Mansion. This ride has scarred me since I was little and still does today.

I could hear the creepy organ music playing…

When we got in line we had to make the choice of going through the cemetery or getting right in line. There was no line either way and Brittany had never seen it so we decided to take the long way, usually we don’t but we figured YOLO!!!

Bobby told us that there is game that you are suppose to play with these guys and figure out who killed who(?) I have never heard of it but he’s a cast member so maybe he is right. We didn’t know what that meant so we just continued on.

Side Note: I am extremely intrigued by the twins and I have NO IDEA why. They are creepy and I just want to know more about them.

Brittany had a good time exploring all the new things that the queue had to offer

Master Gracey, reminds me of the Haunted Mansion movie with Eddy Murphy (not my favorite) but I do love the costumes and the masquerade characters.

I love the water aspect of the line, I had fun playing in it. Sam told me to get a picture with the Captain, I was afraid that my butt was going to get wet in the process.

We told Brittany how Madame Leota’s eyes open on the tomb stone and she tried getting a picture with them open, she took a few and we laughed because she almost didn’t get it before they ushered us into the stretching room. She finally got it just in time

After we socialized with the grim grinning ghosts we exited, saying goodbye to Mr. Toad in the pet cemetery. I forgot to take a picture of him this time around; I usually do it every time.

For those of you who just breeze out of the ride make sure to stop and take a look to the left, there is a pet cemetery and up in the very top left corner there is the statues that at one point was over the top of Mr. Toad Wild ride, he was put to rest there after his dark ride was turned into the Pooh bear one.

From there we headed back over to use our Splash Mountain fastpasses

I’m so glad that Sam got this shot. Bobby and I started a tradition during our first show together. Every performance before the show started and the curtain was closed we would walk the stage and say what we were most excited for and who we had there to see us perform that night and what they meant to us. We did it for all 3 shows that we worked on together but he was gone for my last show so this made up for it

Splash Mountain time!!! I love the different pictures that they have in the queue and I have never thought to take pictures of them so I did this time around. You can never have enough Disney ambiance photos.

Did you know that “The Big One” as my family so lovingly calls it is actually known as Chic-A-Pin Hill? I knew it had a name, that’s one of my favorite things to do on this ride is read ALL the little signs for the drops in the ride they are so clever and cute the one I always look for is “Slip-N-Falls” but I never realized what “the Big Ones” name really was

We saw this sign and I laughed, Sam and I went to high school with a girl who works at Splash (during our trip she actually went home to spend time with her family) and she is always posting on facebook/tumblr how much she dislikes her role at the DCP mainly because people are coming through the line asking if they are going to get wet and “where the dry spot of the log is”. Ummm hey buddy can you read? It’s no secret that you will get wet

So while we were riding through I checked out my favorite pig on the Ferry Boat (if you remember from my March TR) who wears my dream costume fabric. As we were floating through I realized something I had never seen before on the raft of animals who have a little band.

It was a wild turkey (I wish I would have been quick enough to get a photo but I wasn’t). I turned to Bobby and was like I it just me or is that NEW!!! He told me that that turkey definitely used to be an alligator. Pheeeeew I wasn’t loosing my mind.

So next time someone takes a trip makes sure to have your camera ready and during the show boat scene, just as you leave, snap a picture of the (what seems oddly misplaced) wild turkey and bring it back and post it here for me!!!

We exited the ride and we walked out to see our ride photo. Apparently on the way up the hill and executive decision was made between Sam and Brittany “let’s touch the bunny” so that’s what they did

We decided that we would go check out the new Fantasyland expansion (Dumbo/Great Goofini). How would we get there? Well, we dragged out soggy butts to…

DISNEY TRANSPORTATION MODE 3 of 6: The Train, I personally love this thing. I usually like to get on at Main Street and ride around to Frontierland beucase when I was younger Ma would take me on it and show me Splash Mountain and tell me one day I would be big enough to ride it. Oh how Disney memories stick with you <333.

I don’t have a picture of the station so these two kind of train pictures will have to do…

This one makes me laugh, no one is ever ready for pictures except me I’m always like CAMERA (gotta cheese is up) !!!

DISNEY TRAIN EXCITEMENT!!! We can make anything fun

I love all the sights from the train for example Big Thunder aka NEW!!!

I told Sam to snap this picture for Jess and Kristen. Deer in the woods!!! I think it’s funny when people are amused by the fake deer on the train because we have real deer in out backyard that are constantly just hanging out.

When we passed by this little scene Bobby laughed at mine and Sam’s exchange, it was something along the line of “Sam look there are our people, hurry get a pic!!!”

Next stop, Fantasyland!!!

Bobby pointed out to us that there are peanuts and shells in the ground along with the elephant feet imprints to really add to the Circus theme. REALLY DISNEY?!? Even the smallest details, nothing is ever left out or forgotten.

Sadly I didn’t get many pictures of he new area. What was I thinking?! We actually didn’t even ride anything back here. We said we would make it back later in the day when it wasn’t as hot and when it was all light up at night (sadly that never happened)

Too bad because Andy was really looking forward to trying out this.

Oh well all the more reason to visit again. I must admit that I LOVE these cast members costumes. They are just so cute and perfect, just like little ringleaders.

I didn’t like that everything feels so boarded up over there. I felt like I was squished I a box and there wasn’t a way to navigate it, maybe it’s because we were rushing, maybe it’s because there really isn’t all that much over there yet. I can’t wait for more of it to open and I’m excited because I’ll be there for it and Cast Members get to go to the soft openings for everything, fingers crossed I’ll have the night off!!! I want to be the first to ride Ariel’s ride.

Bye bye Fantasyland Expansion….

Where to next guys?

Tune In Next Time!!!

Last edited by Leasha_Loves_Disney; 06-24-2012 at 12:47 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:50 PM   #101
Cinderella16
DIS Veteran

All caught up!

I stink at Buzz Lightyear too! I don't get it...I shoot that darn gun constantly and always end up with a bad score. The 3-year-olds do better than me!

Love all the MK pics! Especially the ones of you guys on Thunder Mountain! It truly does show the magic of Disney! I need to take more pictures while on the rides.

Can't wait for more fun!
1989ish (1st Trip - Ft. Wilderness), 1993 (Offsite), 1999 (8th Grade Graduation Trip-offsite) 2004 (Offsite), 2005 (Offsite), 2007 (Offsite, Engaged at MK!) 2009 (Disneymoon - GF) 2010 (Wildnerness Lodge) 2011 (New DVC Members - SSR) 2012 (Bay Lake Tower/Vero Beach)2013 (May-BWV/Oct-AKL- Kidani)2014 (June-BCV/Dec-THV)
WDW Commando Member #204

Trip Reports
The Mr. & Mrs. Meeting Mickey in May - May 2010 + BONUS Pre Trip Report for July 2012

The Mr., The Mrs., and the Dining Plan - Our June 2009 Disneymoon
Our Magical Trip of a Million, Dreams, Wishes, & Surprises- Our June 2007 Engagement
Cinderella16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 01:18 PM   #102
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

I don’t think I have ever eaten at Pecos Bill (I know something is wrong with me). But that is what more trips are for!

BTMR!
I am in love with your ride pictures on it. I’m going to have to try that out!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also think the twins are really cool in the HM queue.

I’ll have to try and get a picture of the NEW!!! turkey for you when I go next.

I have seen pictures of the peanuts in the ground on Instagram. Can Disney details get any better?!
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 02:49 PM   #103
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Haunted Mansion IS really scary! In all the guidebooks, it says that it's more funny than scary. Um, what ride are these people going on because the one I go on has a creepy bride only a couple of feet away from the doombuggy!

My DH and I were trying to figure out who killed who, and we figured out one or two when we looked closely, but we didn't have the patience to do them all. Haha, so we took pictures and kept walking.

Haha, that's funny that people ask if they will get wet on SPLASH Mountain! Asking if you'll get wet on POTC is a different story because on my last trip, I got hit with so much water! Haha! It was so surprising, and I actually have the scream on video because we were all so startled!

I too didn't enjoy the squishiness of the new part of Fantasyland that's open. The walls were starting to get to me, and I couldn't wait to get out of that part!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:45 PM   #104
megveg
Drink up me hearties, yo ho!

hi there! Im Meghan! 22 yr old Disneyfan from MA! (same neck of the woods!) I justtt caught up on your TR and Im glad I did! This trip is the trip ive always wanted to take and after reading, im going to plan a trip like this very soon! I cant wait to read more! :D
but always dress for the hunt!"
KUNGALOOSH!
megveg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:31 PM   #105
Leasha_Loves_Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella16 View Post
All caught up!

I stink at Buzz Lightyear too! I don't get it...I shoot that darn gun constantly and always end up with a bad score. The 3-year-olds do better than me!

Love all the MK pics! Especially the ones of you guys on Thunder Mountain! It truly does show the magic of Disney! I need to take more pictures while on the rides.

Can't wait for more fun!

I swear it's because there is no way you can tell where you are aiming!!! I get so mad even jus thinking about it

We have quite a few ride pictures from this trip, they are just so much fun to look back on.

Stay tuned beucase there is so much more fun ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
I don’t think I have ever eaten at Pecos Bill (I know something is wrong with me). But that is what more trips are for!

BTMR!
I am in love with your ride pictures on it. I’m going to have to try that out!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I also think the twins are really cool in the HM queue.

I’ll have to try and get a picture of the NEW!!! turkey for you when I go next.

I have seen pictures of the peanuts in the ground on Instagram. Can Disney details get any better?!

Pecos Bill's is a family favorite, it always has been so we would HIGH recommend it. I love saying "ohp we didn't fit that in" or "Oh I want to try there" it gives us more reason to go back as if we need any of those

Ride pictures are SO MUCH FUN, just make sure to hold on tight you your camera!!! Wouldn't want to lose that.

RIGHT?!? They are intriguing. I don't know what it is about them haha

PLEASE DO, I would love that. I just want to be sure that he is really there and I'm not going crazy!!!

They really don't miss a beat when it comes to those Disney details. Perfection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Haunted Mansion IS really scary! In all the guidebooks, it says that it's more funny than scary. Um, what ride are these people going on because the one I go on has a creepy bride only a couple of feet away from the doombuggy!

My DH and I were trying to figure out who killed who, and we figured out one or two when we looked closely, but we didn't have the patience to do them all. Haha, so we took pictures and kept walking.

Haha, that's funny that people ask if they will get wet on SPLASH Mountain! Asking if you'll get wet on POTC is a different story because on my last trip, I got hit with so much water! Haha! It was so surprising, and I actually have the scream on video because we were all so startled!

I too didn't enjoy the squishiness of the new part of Fantasyland that's open. The walls were starting to get to me, and I couldn't wait to get out of that part!

YES!!! Thank you, finally someone who agrees everyone just usually tells me to grow up, hello I am a kid at heart and the kid inside me is scared out of her mind

Oh my goodness, how cool!!! I don't even know how the game works. If you could explain it a little bit to me I would LOVE it haha. I walk by them and just want to know the inside scoop.

Pirates of the Caribbean got me more wet then Splash did when we were there is March!!! I thought I was losing my mind or it was some fluke thing and then when we were there for this trip the same thing happened. Crazy, they are going to need a sign for that ride pretty soon.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt cramped. It was the strangest thing, I felt like it was impossible to navigate and yet there was like nothing there. Weird, please just take down the walls!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by megveg View Post
hi there! Im Meghan! 22 yr old Disneyfan from MA! (same neck of the woods!) I justtt caught up on your TR and Im glad I did! This trip is the trip ive always wanted to take and after reading, im going to plan a trip like this very soon! I cant wait to read more! :D

Why Hello there Meghan!!! Welcome aboard and thanks for reading along We are glad to have you here with us. Glad we could inspire you to take another trip after all YOLO haha. There is plenty more to come, you'd be amazed what we crammed into 4 days!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: