Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2012, 08:22 PM   #76
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
I sadly don't have an iPhone so I can only edit photos when I'm home from my iTouch. I mostly spend on my time on there, Twitter, and the dis. That's my life!
You can still queue up pictures and when you come across wi-fi they'll post. I learned that when I had an iPhone but no data plan.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:27 PM   #77
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-inspired View Post
You can still queue up pictures and when you come across wi-fi they'll post. I learned that when I had an iPhone but no data plan.
I will have to do that! Thanks
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-21-2012, 10:47 PM   #78
tehSAC
Mouseketeer

Loving this report! I also love my instagram app.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:26 PM   #79
Leasha_Loves_Disney
Please stand clear of the door; Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehSAC View Post
Loving this report! I also love my instagram app.

Thank you I'm glad you like it do far!!! From time to time I find a Disney photo on my phone that I haven't given a makeover to and I make sure to snaz it up. Such a fun this to do when I have free time at work
Leasha_Loves_Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:28 PM   #80
Leasha_Loves_Disney

This is Just the Beginning, We’re Here Until 3 am!!!
May 27, 2012

When we made it through the gates early that morning we had our first castle spotting of the trip!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

We were walking down Main Street at just a little after 9:00am. We were in for a loooooooooong day. As the title said Magic Kingdom had 3am EMH!!! We couldn’t wait to get started, we had big plans seeing as this was the first of only two park days.

The excitement had barely faded if anything it was just getting more our of control because WE WERE IN THE PARK!!!

We wasted no time getting to Tomorrowland

As always Bobby was leading the way he is all about rushing us and getting us from one place to the next.

First order of business was to get some fastpasses for my least favorite ride

I just really am NO GOOD at this ride, don’t believe me? Just wait and see…

Our sights were set on the next thing, no slowing down no breathing just keep moving WE ARE IN DISNEY (this is really happening!!!)

A certain mountain caught our eye

We walked up and there was the BIGGEST line fortunately it was beucase they hadn’t started letting people in yet. Phew…

Once we got inside the line was in continuous motion. We zipped through space and still had a few more minutes to wait until our fastpasses were good so we went to a family favorite

We all crammed into one car and the fun just kept rolling in!!!

Just a little squished, we are lucky Andy is so tiny haha

I love the views from the People mover. They are just so great!!! You know just creeping on people making memoires

Space Mountain? Oh hey we were just here!!! They didn’t really know this picture was coming

From there Buzz was just calling our names. Brittany was really excited for this one me on the other hand…. Not so much.

Hey Buzz, wanna sneak me some points? I promise not to dislike your ride so much if you do

Good luck girls!!! Still going strong with the excitement levels

So I decided to put my all into this round. No pictures of inside the ride because I was determined to do well. Bobby going into the ride had talked about how all of his friends doing the DCP had maxed out on Buzz at least once and he hadn’t yet so that was his goal. He did it within like 30 seconds. I still had less than a thousand points.

Then we got stuck for a few minutes in one of the rooms so that should help (of course it didn’t)

Ok time for the damage

Andy’s score

He was still mad that Bobby beat him when we were there in March and he didn’t understand how he maxed out this tie through. Andy, don’t worry you did WAY better than I did

Wooohoooooo…. Told you I stink at it!!! I tried so hard and we even got stuck. Ugh this ride just makes me so mad hahahaha

Now for the ride pictures, ummmmmm….

Brittany enjoying herself and Sam being a cheese ball

We (grumpily) got off Buzz and decided to head over to get fastpasses for Splash Mountain, it was getting hot and we wanted to get them before they ran out

Obligatory castle shots

This way please (now now sign, that’s not the proper “Disney point”)

Never get enough castle Pictures

Best Friends…

Nice and up close with Sam’s classy camera

Oh Main Street and the Dapper Dans <333333

Where were we headed again? I got distracted by this beautiful Castle…

Oh yea, Splash Moutain and OH BOY (Pluto) were we in for a surprise!!!

Tune In Next Time!!!

Last edited by Leasha_Loves_Disney; 06-23-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:37 AM   #81
KidGoofy
This
Loves Pierogies
Just remember VMK is still always watching you
i worship devan

Great way for me to start the day lol And for your Buzz Lightyear disappointment I actually do think the ride is fixed because I have maxed out the ride myself and have absolutely no clue how lol The reason why Toy Story Midway Mania is much better in my opinion(but mostly because I am way too good at that game lol)
Old 06-22-2012, 07:56 AM   #82
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

The first picture would have been perfect but some guy had to stick his giant head in the way!

Oh, Buzz. Why does your ride have to be so hard?!

The castle <3 <3
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:21 AM   #83
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

OMG, your excitement is contagious even from a trip report!!! Sounds like such a fun trip with a bunch of wacky people :D I'm glad you have other reports so that I can read those as I wait for your next update here!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:43 PM   #84
Leasha_Loves_Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidGoofy View Post
Great way for me to start the day lol And for your Buzz Lightyear disappointment I actually do think the ride is fixed because I have maxed out the ride myself and have absolutely no clue how lol The reason why Toy Story Midway Mania is much better in my opinion(but mostly because I am way too good at that game lol)

Glad we can make your morning a little more enjoyable!!!

Toy Story Mania is SO MUCH BETTER!!! Mainly because I can see where I am aiming and adjust, with Buzz I am just shooting blind. Granted I am not much better at Toy Stry Mania but I atleast have fun failing at that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
The first picture would have been perfect but some guy had to stick his giant head in the way!

Oh, Buzz. Why does your ride have to be so hard?!

The castle <3 <3

I was thinking that after I posted it. On this trip tall men had a tendency of blocking my line of vision..

Tell me about it, silly Buzz!!!

A sight that no one can ever get tired of

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
OMG, your excitement is contagious even from a trip report!!! Sounds like such a fun trip with a bunch of wacky people :D I'm glad you have other reports so that I can read those as I wait for your next update here!

Welcome aboard and than you for reading!!! It was one of my favorite trips to date. Everyone made it so fun and outrageous. I hope you like the other reports and the rest of this one as well
Old 06-22-2012, 03:43 PM   #85
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel

I'm with you on not liking Buzz Lightyear! I always stink! But once, I was complaining about riding it and once we got on, we got stuck at a good place I guess and I ended up maxing it out before we were half way through the ride, and every time since then I've always got the lowest amount of points

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

MickeyisBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:53 PM   #86
Leasha_Loves_Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyisBeast View Post
I'm with you on not liking Buzz Lightyear! I always stink! But once, I was complaining about riding it and once we got on, we got stuck at a good place I guess and I ended up maxing it out before we were half way through the ride, and every time since then I've always got the lowest amount of points

I'm glad that I'm not alone in my Buzz-tastic-stinkage At least you can say "I did good that one time!!!" For me it's just always bad bad bad haha
Old 06-22-2012, 03:56 PM   #87
Leasha_Loves_Disney

NEW!!! All This? Just For Us? (A BTMR update)
May 27, 2012

Our walk took us over the bridge in Liberty Square. Sam was debating getting a delicious treat from Sleepy Hallow but she decided to hold off until we were closer to lunch time, after all she had just had those scrumptious pop tarts.

We decided to walk down the street in Frontierland rather than taking the bridge, all the sad tarps were down so all the new facades were visible

COUNTRY BEARS!!! Hahah what a reason to YOLO right Brittany?!

Haha I guess not.

I just love how quaint and perfect the little town is now. Just like a pictures straight out of an old western movie. Disney…. I just…. I can’t even handle how ABSOLUTLY PERFECT YOU ARE!!! Ugh <33333

Andy’s favorite quick service and a little foreshadowing, can’t have a Magic Kingdom day without stopping in here!!!

Any one get Mickey Bar all over themselves? Maybe you should stop in here and get that cleaned up

We rounded the corner and heard the laughing and screaming of the riders on Splash Mountain just enjoying the sun and their soggy bottoms.

AND THEN WE SAW IT!!! Basically before anyone else… They had JUST opened up for the first time since it’s refurb. OH MY GOODNESS, can it get any more magical. Just as we happen to cross over the bridge they opened up.

Split second decision time: Get in line and be one of the first ones to get on it or grab fastpasses for Splash Mountain?!?!? What did we decide? Everyone hand over their tickets QUICK!!!!

Except for Brittany had miss placed hers in her wallet, she searched for what seemed like 12 years (really it was probably 2 minutes not even)

Bobby was getting frustrated as 12 hundred people walked by us (really though no one new that it was open) at one point Brittany literally yelled out “JUST GO ON WITHOUT ME GUYS!!!” she felt so bad for holding us up, but she found it after a few grueling minutes and Bobby literally RAN down the hill and back up with these

While he did that we literally SCREAMED because they seemed to have opened it just for us. HOLY MOLY I AM DYING!!! I was freaking out and couldn’t wait to get in line.

Bobby made it back up the hill and we got in the 10 minutes stand bye line

We couldn’t wait to see what the refurbishment had in store for us. Some of these things looked just a little spiffed up and other things were like HOLY GOODNESS NEEEEW!!! So that became one of our favorite things to say: “NEW!!!”

For example not so new…

NEW!!!

Not so new, but cleaned out (where do you think all the free change went?)

AHHHH so close. This is my friend Keirsten (who was on our trip with us in March) LOVES this ride so I have to take a picture to send her

Don’t know what the purpose of this line is but…

NEW!!!

The line is so clean and even more perfect; it’s basically the same thing except for now there are a lot more random crates and boxes to separate the line rather than just plain railings. Over all we really enjoyed the NEW!!! queue

After seeing all the NEW!!! We were really excited to ride, I had missed BTMR so much in March it just wasn’t the same during those late night extra magic hours without it. I couldn’t wait to get on it again it had been too long.

Can’t you just tell by their faces that they hadn’t been on the ride in forever and were so excited?

Oh really it’s that enjoyable? Haha what faces they have

Down the ramp and into the air conditioning

The loading dock was in sight. They needed to fill up the front two rows, and to be honest I did not want to sit there, luckily we needed three rows and not two.

“Hold onto your hats because this here’s the wildest ride in the wilderness!!!”

We were seated about two thirds of the way back (not the very back darn) My tip for this ride if you are a thrill seeker go on it at night and ask for the back, it is one of the crazies and terrifying experiences you will have in your life SO MUCH FUN!!!

Girls are we ready and excited?! Show me your faces

I don’t remember what exactly caused this face but it is one of my favorite pictures. You live in Disney Bobby, smile and be happy!!!

It was during this ride that I realized my love for taking pictures during rides. It’s something I have always done on the teacups (if you’ve read my other reports you know that) this was another ride to add to the list. The pictures did not disappoint

They really just capture the joy and magic of Disney. I don’t think you can find happier pictures than these, excitement level even higher than when we walked into the park

Bobby’s favorite part of the attraction is CLEARLY the clankie noise tunnel.

But really, I strongly dislike this part it’s too loud but the smell is AMAZING. Big Thunder just has one of those clear and distinct Disney smells. Ahhhhhh the smell of childhood, I wish I could bottle it.

What a thrilling ride through the wilderness!!! Glad to have it back up and running and so glad that we were some of the first to experience all the NEW!!!

When we got in line the wait was 10 minutes. We got off and there was SUCH a long line. It stretched for literally ever, luckily we got in line when we did we walked right on minus the part where I stopped to take pictures of all the NEW!!! For people here on the Dis to see.

Oh man what a line…

Where to next guys?

Tune In Next Time!!!

Last edited by Leasha_Loves_Disney; 06-24-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:54 PM   #88
Windsor Princesses
Mouseketeer

All of the NEW!!! is so great! Thanks for thinking of us on the DIS. I can't wait to see it in person in just a couple more months. That water part is mind blowing; I don't think I have ever seen it look so clean!
Windsor Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 12:21 AM   #89
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Buzz's ride makes me so mad too! It's so annoying because I never do well on it and Jess is always like the "Gallactic Hero" with 999,999 points or whatever. It's so annoying. I don't know why I'm so bad at it! Ah well. I'll stick to Toy Story Mania.

Nice pointed toes in the Big Thunder Line at the new yellow tiles Bobby. That is him right?

LOVE the faces on the ride. Priceless.

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:54 AM   #90
disney-inspired

Disney on the brain 24/7/365!
*grumble* stupid cm *grumble*

I totally know what you mean about distinct Disney smells. I work at hospital and in the lab, I kid you not, it smells like the Main St. emporium. For reals!

Also the smell of POTC; sometimes I turn on my A/C in the car and it smells just like it and then I want to go to Disneyland.

Another great update!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: