Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2012, 03:18 PM   #181
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Just reading your search for food made me so hungry! Haha, it's so funny how "Caprese flatbread" just came out of your mouth. Howard did that recently when we went to Outback, and after the waiter left, I was like, "I thought you were ordering this." Haha, he said he didn't know what happened; it just came out!

But anyway, that flatbread looks SO GOOD with the balsamic drizzle on it! I love balsamic!!! I've never had it on a pizza before. I can just imagine the combination though.

I'm thinking that it'd be pretty funny if we were in the same showing of PhilharMagic. I was in the one where Donald takes Mickey's hat and ends up going into all the classic movies. LOL. Oh dear, I'm corny.

EWWWW, the real leg hair?!? And that's TRUE!?!??! Gross!!!

Howard and I went to ride Splash Mountain, but we had JUST joined the line when they made the announcement that it was going to be closed. We went back to the front and looked at the people stuck on the ride; there was a log stuck going up the hill! Haha, so anyway, we were in the same area again but still not really since you were already inside.

I JUST noticed Snow White's wooden shoes during the last ride! Aww, I love your commentary on the ride though! It really is sad that they're taking it down. Even though it was never my favorite, I don't feel like the trip will be complete without it. I'm actually still scared of it, haha. The trees are frightening to me!

Oh man, how in the WORLD did you get up the next morning?!? My guy and I just slept in. We didn't even make it to a park the next day, and I think the only reason we woke up was because of the heavy rain!

I have only begun LOVING DHS! It was only in 2010 that I went back (last time I was there before that, it was still MGM, and I was a little kid!). We used to skip it because we figured it was just the crazier rides (ToT and RnR) and shows that my mom wouldn't want to watch because of the loudness. I'm so glad Howard and I went by ourselves during our 2010 family trip; my dad dropped us off that day. It was AMAZING, and it is seriously such a great park!!! I'm excited to read about your day!!!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:46 PM   #182
Kerrio929
Mouseketeer

Can't.Stop.Reading! I am loving your trip reports. You remind me so much of myself when I was an early twenty something girl. Now I am an old married lady, lol. But I still get silly and goofy like you, but I do it with my two daughters so people aren't all "what's up with this crazy lady?"

My girlfriends and I did the exact same statue thing in Paris at Versailles. I have a bunch of pics of us all imitating statues. It was so silly and fun.

And since you are a WNY-er, I have to tell you...Go to Wegmans and buy some balsamic glaze. It's in the Italian classics section and in the salad dressings section. Do yourself a solid and drizzle it on tomato, mozzarella and basil. Yummmmmmm. We have had it on crab and watermelon salad too. So delish. And for the love of Robert Wegman, please don't say you shop at Tops. I will keel over. (Dramatic? Maybe, but I work at Wegmans. So does my DH...Lol). Buy some before you move.

I am in amazement at how much you all did and how little sleep you got. I would love to rock it til the wee end but my DDs would melt and become puddles of whininess before we got to the end.

Keep up the awesome TRing,

Oh...tell Brittany that this DISer LOVES her Bills sweatshirt. Holla!
DD: 5

Kerrio929 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2012, 05:39 PM   #183
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Whoa, only 2 1/2 hours of sleep! I think that really puts a whole new meaning to the phrase no sleeping in Disney IMO I never do, of course, but the down time, just laying there for everyone else to get up is nice, two hours... may not exactly cut it

to your Pop-Tart diet breakfast and going to DHS! Again, I think are favorite parks may be switched around a bit, but I don't think I could ever call a park my least favorite just not my favorite, if that makes sense... Love the picture with Disney in big letters behind you (:

Sorry to hear you got held up a bit when Bobby had some bus trouble. I'm so surprised though the band group was traveling as just that a group. When I went to Disney with chorus AND band, we were allowed to split up when going into the parks or would at least try to be a little dispersed. Very strange... Great picture of the girl with her one glass slipper, very creative

Can't wait to read about your day at DHS!
PlutosRHM55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:55 PM   #184
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

6.5 hours of sleep in two days. That is NO SLEEPING IN DISNEY right there!

The picture of you in front of the big Disney sign is PERFECT!

A little lizard! How cute!

The little girl with one glass slipper is just awesome.

Hmmm…let me guess. The TOWER OF TERROR?!
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:00 PM   #185
elphie101
Left my heart in Tomorrowland

Back and caught up!

It's really hard to close MK on 3 AM EMH and then get up the next morning - Kevin came to visit me last summer during my CP and I had to work till 1:45 so we just stayed for the last hour of EMH, but we were DEAD tired. Props to you guys for having energy the next day!

Ah, the final SWSA. So sad to see it all boarded up - but I can't wait to see the new princess M&G next year!

Studios was my favorite park too until I worked(/lived) at MK and that took the top spot - I just love the atmosphere of it all, and I loves me some thrill rides! I do wish they would expand on the park though, I feel like it has so much unused potential. Sad.

Can't wait for more!

DH Me
WDW: '91, '92, '94, '01, '06 (offsite)* 7/11 Pop* 8/11 AS Music* 9/11 AS Sports* 12/11 CBR* 6/12 Pop* (TR Here!) 11/12 AS Movies* 1/13 Pop* 9/13 Pop* 5/14 Pop* 10/14 BCV*
DL: '03 (day)* 4/13 Fairfield Inn Anaheim* (TR Here!) DCL: 10/14 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean*

Star Command, over and out!*Hellllllooooooo Humans!*It's a great big BEAUTIFUL tomorrow!

Current TR: Our Disney Wedding & Honeymoon TR***Dining Review***Our Disney Wedding Planning Journal
elphie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 03:31 PM   #186
bellesBFF
Mouseketeer

Following along!

May 2015 @ POP!
bellesBFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:57 PM   #187
WhistleWhileIWork
Earning My Ears

I don't know how you made it on 6.5 total hours of sleep. I struggle if I can't get at least that number in one night, let alone one trip!

Also, that little girl with her glass slipper is just precious. This is what I love about Disney. Anywhere else people would question it, but there, it is just so perfect.

And the picture of you with the Disney sign is so great. That resort is on our possible-resort list, and seeing that sign makes me so happy! I may just have to copy you and get my picture with it!

Keep the updates coming! Reading them gets me through a boring day at my internship!
WhistleWhileIWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:23 AM   #188
Disneyworld2122
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzabelle508 View Post
I'm in
me too
Old 07-20-2012, 01:07 PM   #189
Leasha_Loves_Disney
Please stand clear of the door; Por favor manténganse alejado de las puertas (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
Just reading your search for food made me so hungry! Haha, it's so funny how "Caprese flatbread" just came out of your mouth. Howard did that recently when we went to Outback, and after the waiter left, I was like, "I thought you were ordering this." Haha, he said he didn't know what happened; it just came out!

But anyway, that flatbread looks SO GOOD with the balsamic drizzle on it! I love balsamic!!! I've never had it on a pizza before. I can just imagine the combination though.

I'm thinking that it'd be pretty funny if we were in the same showing of PhilharMagic. I was in the one where Donald takes Mickey's hat and ends up going into all the classic movies. LOL. Oh dear, I'm corny.

EWWWW, the real leg hair?!? And that's TRUE!?!??! Gross!!!

Howard and I went to ride Splash Mountain, but we had JUST joined the line when they made the announcement that it was going to be closed. We went back to the front and looked at the people stuck on the ride; there was a log stuck going up the hill! Haha, so anyway, we were in the same area again but still not really since you were already inside.

I JUST noticed Snow White's wooden shoes during the last ride! Aww, I love your commentary on the ride though! It really is sad that they're taking it down. Even though it was never my favorite, I don't feel like the trip will be complete without it. I'm actually still scared of it, haha. The trees are frightening to me!

Oh man, how in the WORLD did you get up the next morning?!? My guy and I just slept in. We didn't even make it to a park the next day, and I think the only reason we woke up was because of the heavy rain!

I have only begun LOVING DHS! It was only in 2010 that I went back (last time I was there before that, it was still MGM, and I was a little kid!). We used to skip it because we figured it was just the crazier rides (ToT and RnR) and shows that my mom wouldn't want to watch because of the loudness. I'm so glad Howard and I went by ourselves during our 2010 family trip; my dad dropped us off that day. It was AMAZING, and it is seriously such a great park!!! I'm excited to read about your day!!!

It was the strangest thing!!! It really just slipped right out. But let me tell you, I was not mad when I actually sat down to eat. I would TOTALLY recommend it!!!

We must have been in the same showing because Donald did the exact same thing when we saw it!!!

One other person has confirmed it so I am guess it is true. Ehhh yuck gives me the heebe jeebes just thinking about it.

Oh man, I would hate to get stuck going up, all that excess water running right to me bottom haha. I was happy that we weren't stuck on the ride, I can only imagine how long it took. It got me wondering how many logs they have going at one time and how big that ride actually it.

her little wooden clogs were the reason for my NEED to have clogs when I was younger The trees were always the scariest part and the crocodile logs that jump out. TERRIFYING.

I really have no idea how my eyes were open. Let me tell you the next trip down when they visit me during my DCP I will definitely be taking it easy. Gotta enjoy those classy rooms.

I could literally spend days at a time there just soaking up the atmosphere. I know people say that there isn't much to do but I just love it so much!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrio929 View Post
Can't.Stop.Reading! I am loving your trip reports. You remind me so much of myself when I was an early twenty something girl. Now I am an old married lady, lol. But I still get silly and goofy like you, but I do it with my two daughters so people aren't all "what's up with this crazy lady?"

My girlfriends and I did the exact same statue thing in Paris at Versailles. I have a bunch of pics of us all imitating statues. It was so silly and fun.

And since you are a WNY-er, I have to tell you...Go to Wegmans and buy some balsamic glaze. It's in the Italian classics section and in the salad dressings section. Do yourself a solid and drizzle it on tomato, mozzarella and basil. Yummmmmmm. We have had it on crab and watermelon salad too. So delish. And for the love of Robert Wegman, please don't say you shop at Tops. I will keel over. (Dramatic? Maybe, but I work at Wegmans. So does my DH...Lol). Buy some before you move.

I am in amazement at how much you all did and how little sleep you got. I would love to rock it til the wee end but my DDs would melt and become puddles of whininess before we got to the end.

Keep up the awesome TRing,

Oh...tell Brittany that this DISer LOVES her Bills sweatshirt. Holla!

Yay!!! Thanks for reading along with us, I'm glad to hear that you enjoy them I hope I can be like you and still get goofy and silly when I have kids.

Being the statues is really the best way to pass wait times and even just get a good hearty laugh!!!

Oh my goodness!!! Thanks for the tip on the balsamic I will definitely give it a try. I must admit while I am not a Tops shopper I am a Tops employee but really the only reason for that is because the nearest Wegmans is a 10-15 minute drive while Tops is basically my neighbor. BUT I am a Wegmans shopper all the way and I don't even feel bad for it.

Haha I was the same when i was little, I'm sure once they get a little older they will love to stay in the parks until the wee hours of the morning!!!

I will definitely tell her you like the sweatshirt. I was wondering if anyone would notice it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Whoa, only 2 1/2 hours of sleep! I think that really puts a whole new meaning to the phrase no sleeping in Disney IMO I never do, of course, but the down time, just laying there for everyone else to get up is nice, two hours... may not exactly cut it

to your Pop-Tart diet breakfast and going to DHS! Again, I think are favorite parks may be switched around a bit, but I don't think I could ever call a park my least favorite just not my favorite, if that makes sense... Love the picture with Disney in big letters behind you (:

Sorry to hear you got held up a bit when Bobby had some bus trouble. I'm so surprised though the band group was traveling as just that a group. When I went to Disney with chorus AND band, we were allowed to split up when going into the parks or would at least try to be a little dispersed. Very strange... Great picture of the girl with her one glass slipper, very creative

Can't wait to read about your day at DHS!
That totally makes sense. I'm right there with you. I could never call any Disney park my least favorite park just a little less favoritism is showed toward them haha

We did the same thing when my dance studio went down, we were free to do anything during down time but this marching band was a HUGE group with matching blue shirts to advertise it!!! But the weird thing is I remember seeing them go into the park but don't recall seeing them actually in the park. Maybe they had a backstage tour of some sort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsDis View Post
6.5 hours of sleep in two days. That is NO SLEEPING IN DISNEY right there!

The picture of you in front of the big Disney sign is PERFECT!

A little lizard! How cute!

The little girl with one glass slipper is just awesome.

Hmmm…let me guess. The TOWER OF TERROR?!

That's what we were really trying to go for!!! NO SLEEP, gotta keep moving.

Andy loves him some little lizards

I wish I would have seen the little girl. I was glad that Sam took a photo or else I would never even have known.

THAT'S RIGHT, how ever did you know?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphie101 View Post
Back and caught up!

It's really hard to close MK on 3 AM EMH and then get up the next morning - Kevin came to visit me last summer during my CP and I had to work till 1:45 so we just stayed for the last hour of EMH, but we were DEAD tired. Props to you guys for having energy the next day!

Ah, the final SWSA. So sad to see it all boarded up - but I can't wait to see the new princess M&G next year!

Studios was my favorite park too until I worked(/lived) at MK and that took the top spot - I just love the atmosphere of it all, and I loves me some thrill rides! I do wish they would expand on the park though, I feel like it has so much unused potential. Sad.

Can't wait for more!

Yay, welcome back!!!

I cant even imagine having to do that. Especially day after day in the summer, that would get old fast I'm sure. If I wasn't going to enjoy the time as a guest I would not have been so quick to jump out of bed. That's another reason why we were glad that we added the extra night to our trip. It wouldn't have been possible had we gotten up at 4am that morning to catch a flight.

I saw that in your TR and showed Sam. I literally was so blown away it's just boarded up and gone. Crazy. I can't wait for all of fantasyland to be done, I'm sure it will be amazing!!!

I would totally agree with you about the park having so much unused potential. It makes me so sad and both HS and EPCOT use to be so much more than they really are today (minus the thrill rides, I'll keep those haha). I feel like back in my baby days and even before I was born there was just so much more to see and do. But I feel like the atmosphere of it all is just so perfect, maybe it's just because that's my personality though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellesBFF View Post
Following along!

Yay!!! Thanks for joining in. I hope you enjoy the rest of the TR

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistleWhileIWork View Post
I don't know how you made it on 6.5 total hours of sleep. I struggle if I can't get at least that number in one night, let alone one trip!

Also, that little girl with her glass slipper is just precious. This is what I love about Disney. Anywhere else people would question it, but there, it is just so perfect.

And the picture of you with the Disney sign is so great. That resort is on our possible-resort list, and seeing that sign makes me so happy! I may just have to copy you and get my picture with it!

Keep the updates coming! Reading them gets me through a boring day at my internship!

We were really just pushing to get all four parks in during 2 days. There were time where we really wanted to nap but we knew that we would have plenty of time for that when we got back home

EXACTLY. I love that no one even thinks twice about doing things like that in Disney. It just proves how perfect Disney really is.

Let me know if you end up going, it really is such a beautiful place!!! So much more than I was expecting. I feel like every Disney fan should have a picture just like it

Glad we could help you pass the time!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyworld2122 View Post
me too

Welcome aboard and thanks for reading long!!! Hope you continue to enjoy
Leasha_Loves_Disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:13 PM   #190
Leasha_Loves_Disney

So yesterday Andy and I started planning our meals for when they come to visit me in October. We have made a few reservations BUT I would love to hear about everyone's favorite restaurants and recommendations because even though we love our trusty favorites we would also like to try a few new things. So if anyone has any stand our restaurants please let me know. I'd love to hear where everyone else loves to eat!!!

It's More Than Just Love... It's An Obsession
May 28, 2012

When we last left off we were walking into the park of my dreams on the way to see my love…

Could it be anymore beautiful? Thanks Instagram!!!

We were faced with a decision Go get Toy Story Mania fastpasses or go get in line for my love. Well we were 25 minutes after park opening which obviously meant that Toy Story mania fastpasses would be fore about 12am haha.

Bobby was so kind as to tell us to go ride and while he got us the fastpasses since he felt bad he was late.

So in we went. You know just walking down the streets of Hollywood loving life

Brittany is in pure excitement mode!!!

Bobby took off and we took a sharp right. As we were turning we spotted these…

PERRY EARS!!! As of recently I am obsessed with Perry, not really sure why. I just like his color and awesomeness I suppose. I have decided I will most like buy the Perry pillowpet to keep Pluto company.

ANWAYS…

We made our way down Hollywood Blvd. which is probably THE BEST STREET in America because of where it ends up.

Just snapping and walking, I need to capture every inch of this park in photos.

This place just gets my heart to melt like a Mickey bar in the Florida heat. I just have SO MUCH LOVE for it.

And soon my eyes made contact with my love. Towering high in that bright blue Florida sky, it was just calling my name and inviting me in!!!

Once again, this is what normal people see…

And this is the magic that I see

The line was only about 15 or 20 minutes so we hopped right into it. Brittany was really enjoying our surroundings doing a little investigation

“Is this branch real?”

I can never have enough pictures of this beautiful tower

Eye spy with my magical tunnel vision eye the PERFECT Disney ride

Thumbs up if you love Tower of Terror

We decided to check out the grounds of the hotel we would be checking into

The heavens were smiling down on us today, such a beautiful warm sunlight, almost ghostly…

We made out way into the lobby. I looked at the poster for the Tip Top Club, I hope to be a member one day. Before long we were being escorted into the Library and then the fun began!!!

You are now entering THE TWILIGHT ZONE *cue theme music*

I was getting nervous, Andy was being Andy I imagine his mind at this moment was saying “how many pictures are you going to take?” and Brittany was photo bombing.

What an AMAZING ride this is. I can just not get enough of it, as you will see through out the rest of the day/night.

Since we messed up the Dinosaur YOLO picture we decided to try again

Close up

On the way out I decided to trade my Vinylmation and I got a groundhog

6 more weeks of winter? Oh no!!!

We met up with Bobby right outside the ride. He had stopped to get a coffee to wake himself up. Not much of a morning person that Bobby.

We decided that our next stop would be Beauty and the Beast Live Onstage. I Literally have not stopped to watch this since I was probably 5. Back when there was no theatre it was all outdoors with a few benches in front, man I remember it being the hottest day of the year.

But now… Tada theatre!

Bell cam out and Bobby told us that this was “Kelly Clarkson Bell” I guess there are a few different ones and he has names for each, to b honest though that’s the only one I remember

I’m not going to lie the opening scene kid of confused me. Why does everyone have funny colored wigs?

Obviously the was the abridged version of B&B because before I know it they were singing Be Our Guest

And then it was sappy sad sack time. ..

Just kidding HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

And they lived happily ever after…

After a great show with some singing and in seat dancing we had to decide what to do next!!!

Maybe a trip to my "favorite" Marble Doors?

Tune In Next Time!!!

Last edited by Leasha_Loves_Disney; 07-21-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:10 PM   #191
tlaw66
Mouseketeer

love this one but hanging on the other report

Hi Alishia,

I love all your reports and no you are leaveing for dcp soon and was wondering if you are going to finish up your last report? We were left hanging on your last day for a while now and my daughter is getting to excited when is she going to finish dad lol. Thanks
tlaw66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:13 PM   #192
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

My favorite restaurant is now Sanaa! I'll get to the review of the restaurant soon. We loved it so much during our first night of our honeymoon that we had to go back again later in the week. If time permitted, we would have gone back again. We liked it so much because the flavors were just so different than everything else we've ever had at Disney (same goes for Boma, which we also tried and L-O-V-E-D ... top 2 meals for me!). For the appetizer, we ordered the bread service both times, and since I'm a dipper, you know how much I loved that! It was fun to use the little spoons to try the different flavors on the different kinds of breads (favorite being the onion kultha first and then the crunchy pappadam next). For our first night's entree, we split the slow cooked in gravy. Then the next time we went, we ordered it AGAIN and chose shrimp in green curry sauce for BOTH choices because it was THAT delicious. I asked the CM for the recipe, but alas, they didn't give that one out! Such delightfully fresh and crunchy shrimp in a sauce that I could dip everything in!

I could go on and on about Sanaa, haha. I mean, I love the fried fish at CHH and even chicken nuggets with sauce to DIP every once in a while, but Sanaa is just like ... MmMmmm, dream-worthy.

Yay for getting YOLO on ToT!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:00 PM   #193
Reberella
Mouseketeer

I LOVE Cape May Cafe in the Beach Club, Tony's on Main Street, and Crystal Palace... I also like Kona for breakfast!

Reberella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #194
Leasha_Loves_Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlaw66 View Post
Hi Alishia,

I love all your reports and no you are leaveing for dcp soon and was wondering if you are going to finish up your last report? We were left hanging on your last day for a while now and my daughter is getting to excited when is she going to finish dad lol. Thanks
Yes, yes yes. I Promise to finish it!!! I'll go do an update on it right now. With work and what not I have fallen behind but I promise to get it up and running again. Didn't mean to leave you hanging. Thanks for reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post
My favorite restaurant is now Sanaa! I'll get to the review of the restaurant soon. We loved it so much during our first night of our honeymoon that we had to go back again later in the week. If time permitted, we would have gone back again. We liked it so much because the flavors were just so different than everything else we've ever had at Disney (same goes for Boma, which we also tried and L-O-V-E-D ... top 2 meals for me!). For the appetizer, we ordered the bread service both times, and since I'm a dipper, you know how much I loved that! It was fun to use the little spoons to try the different flavors on the different kinds of breads (favorite being the onion kultha first and then the crunchy pappadam next). For our first night's entree, we split the slow cooked in gravy. Then the next time we went, we ordered it AGAIN and chose shrimp in green curry sauce for BOTH choices because it was THAT delicious. I asked the CM for the recipe, but alas, they didn't give that one out! Such delightfully fresh and crunchy shrimp in a sauce that I could dip everything in!

I could go on and on about Sanaa, haha. I mean, I love the fried fish at CHH and even chicken nuggets with sauce to DIP every once in a while, but Sanaa is just like ... MmMmmm, dream-worthy.

Yay for getting YOLO on ToT!

Awesome!!! Thanks for the input. I'm looking forward to reading both the reviews. If you went more than once in a trip it MUST be good. Andy actually suggest Boma but then retracted it because he read that it was African cuisine and said "I'm not that adventurous of an eater". But maybe we can actually look at the menu before writing it off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reberella View Post
I LOVE Cape May Cafe in the Beach Club, Tony's on Main Street, and Crystal Palace... I also like Kona for breakfast!

I thought I read somewhere that Cape May was closing for a refurb but I could be mistaken. Andy would LOVE that but I am not really a huge seafood fan.

We looked into Tony's and it was definitely a top contender. I haven't ever actually eaten a sit down meal in the Magic Kingdom since I was 2 and we went to Cinderella's Royal table. So I told Andy that was definitely something I wanted to do!!! If we end up getting the dinning plan we will for sure be doing some kind of character meal or buffet but without it it's kind of a waste for us because we feel like we can't eat $40 worth of food haha. I did make a reservation for Kona but it's for lunch. Maybe one morning we should stop in for breakfast, I have heard such wonderful things about it!!!

Thanks for all the great recommendations!!!
Old 07-20-2012, 09:35 PM   #195
LifeIsDis
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."

You are probably going to be so disappointed in me right now when you read the next sentence. I have never been on the Tower of Terror. There I said it! I know, I know. It’s just that no one has ever wanted to go on with me before. My mom refuses to go on. She HATES it. But you love it so I don’t see what her problem is. I NEED to go on it!

I haven’t seen the Beauty and the Beast show in like forever. That is on my to do list along with ToT.
LifeIsDis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: