Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Disney Promotions and Celebrations--Current Promotion: Limited Time Magic
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 10:48 AM   #1
retlaw_yensid
Mouseketeer

Adding Free Dining to Already Booked Package?

Is it possible? I would think Disney frowns on this, thinking that the whole point of the free dining deal was to bring in NEW bookings, not adjust older, already established bookings. But I'm curious, are there people here who have done it, and/or do it all the time? I'm assuming even after booking the initial package online, that adding the free dining promotion would then have to be done over the phone? And if it's done over the phone later, does it show up on the online booking screens? Are you given a hard time by the reservation line when you call and ask?
retlaw_yensid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:18 AM   #2
fallen_angel727
Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

When I called last week to book my package the lady told me I would be able to call back if there were promotions going on and get it added to my package provided they landed in my vacation period obviously. I wouldn't take what they told me as completely true, however this is what I was told

1991 (offsite), 2000 (offsite), 2004 (offsite), 2009 (offsite - engagement trip!!), 2012 (POP), 2013 (POP), 2014 (AKL)

fallen_angel727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:39 AM   #3
deakam
DIS Veteran

Up to the 45 day mark on your reservation you can change anything or cancel anything without a fee. When you have a reservation and wish to change to another special offer they will cancel your first reservation and then book the new special offer. They will first check to make certain that the resort and dates you want are available.

The problem with booking and then changing is that Disney offers specials like free dining---to fill rooms at resorts that are nowhere near full. If everyone books and then hopes for free dining...the rooms are not empty....therefore the odds of a special being added are smaller.

I have changed to free dining on several occasions. Both times I have had to add an extra day to fit my vacation into the dates available. For this reason I do not purchase plane tickets until much later.
deakam is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: