Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #76
ThreeTinks
Mouseketeer

We stayed at the Boardwalk in January and while I LOVED IT - I did find the hallways/elevators very confusing until I figured it out. On our first day I was trying to get to the lobby and ended up in some crazy hallway that didn't go anywhere I was kinda freaked out! I had to go back up to my room in the elevator and start over. However I admit I have zero sense of direction. Once I figured out the best way to the pool/boardwalk/lobby I never got lost again.
ThreeTinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:30 PM   #77
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
I just got back from a week staying at the Boardwalk. It is very strange with the long hallways and lack of elevators. I kept going down stairs and ending up in strange places like on Boardwalk when i wanted to go the pool. Or I would end up in the courtyard when I was trying to get to fitness room.

The hallways are really long and look like a 1920's old hotel. It is strange. And reminds me of the movie the Shining. My sister kept saying "Redrum, Redrum" the entire time we were there. Plus that giant clown in the pool area isn't that comforting.

And, have you seen those two creepy chairs in the lobby by the Elephant and the fireplace? They are like the two twin girls in the movie.

I am just having a little fun. We loved our week there. The boardwalk is gorgeous and the pool area is shady and nice. We love this resort. But I did hear other people comment on the similarities to the Shining. Let's just say if Jack Nicholson showed up, I would have to leave!
Ha, this is a great post. It might make me more likely to stay here if it's creepy. I love horror movies and ghost stories.

All it's missing is the animal topiaries and the maze..

Last edited by luvthemouse71; 10-14-2012 at 03:39 PM.
luvthemouse71 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #78
cgattis
DIS Veteran

Um, YEAH...a portion of our running trail at work runs through these big hedges and I think of that maze every time!! No WAY am I ever running thru there in the snow! Maybe they should play up on that at Halloween and offer a "haunted hotel" experience....heck, we never get any sleep at Disney anyway!!! LOL!
cgattis is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: