Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2012, 06:46 PM   #46
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaSleepingBeautyFan View Post
When I called my husband after checking in to the Boardwalk Inn and getting to my room, I told him the hallways were like the movie the Shining.
I'm glad it wasn't just me!
I overheard two other families say the same thing. The funniest thing was when I was in the lobby trying to get a wifi signal, a couple came in with a photographer to get pictures taken. The guy and the girl first sat in those "chairs" by the fire place, and after a second the guy told the photographer that he had to move the chairs were creeping him out! I couldn't help but laugh.
bcrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:14 PM   #47
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
I own DVC at BWV...love it there. And I more often than not, end up at the far end of a hallway....closer to Jellyrolls than to the lobby. But, I have to tell you...have you ever walked the halls at Kidani??? OMG. My friend and I did.....it was exhausting!! Much longer than the halls at BWV. Sure, you get to look outside every so often, but that doesn't make the actual walk any shorter!! I couldn't believe how long those halls were. And they seem to be more convoluted than the halls at BWV.
I like this picture from the Boardwalk:

Last edited by bcrook; 06-12-2012 at 09:20 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2012, 09:36 PM   #48
si-am
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
I own DVC at BWV...love it there. And I more often than not, end up at the far end of a hallway....closer to Jellyrolls than to the lobby. But, I have to tell you...have you ever walked the halls at Kidani??? OMG. My friend and I did.....it was exhausting!! Much longer than the halls at BWV. Sure, you get to look outside every so often, but that doesn't make the actual walk any shorter!! I couldn't believe how long those halls were. And they seem to be more convoluted than the halls at BWV.
I haven't been to Kidani, but we had a room at the "regular AKL" (is it Jambo House? Can't get used to that!) that was crazy far away. Probably the farthest walk I've ever had at any Disney resort; I had no idea at the time that AKL was that big. I felt like it took forever to get to our room every day!
Old 06-12-2012, 09:40 PM   #49
si-am
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade1 View Post
Luna Park in Melbourne Australia was kinda similar. It is the same name.

I think this is the Sydney Luna Park, isn't it? They are both equally creepy!
Old 06-12-2012, 09:43 PM   #50
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
never thought of it that way. The chairs in the lobby just remind me of the freaky-odd decoration that a local chain of brewpubs and B&Bs out here in the Pacific NW (McMenamins) has. At their hotel in McMinnville, OR (home of a UFO festival each year) they have this one painting at the foot of the stairs on a landing that looks JUST like a depiction of Children of the Corn....

And I was pleasantly surprised by the clown pool! I was prepared to go to the quiet pool, because I'm very clown-o-phobic, but I liked the dude. Even felt sorry for him. After all, think about what slides down his tongue all day, every day....
And it's a *fabulous* slide.

this has to be one of the funniest things I have read on the dis!!! hilarious!!!

ps. I was working a NYTimes crossword and the clue was the scottish version of Edward. I knew Liam was William, and Ian was John. when it turned out to be Eamon , I said to myself "I have heard that before". next day I remembered.. Oh! bumbershoot's son!
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:51 PM   #51
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by si-am View Post
I haven't been to Kidani, but we had a room at the "regular AKL" (is it Jambo House? Can't get used to that!) that was crazy far away. Probably the farthest walk I've ever had at any Disney resort; I had no idea at the time that AKL was that big. I felt like it took forever to get to our room every day!
I haven't walked the halls at Jambo, but did they little rest areas with benches along the way? They do at Kidani. I know they are both really long walks! After walking the parks all day, sometimes you just need a little rest on the way back to your room!

But I still contend the halls are long but not horror movie scary!
Old 06-12-2012, 09:58 PM   #52
si-am
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrook View Post
I haven't walked the halls at Jambo, but did they little rest areas with benches along the way? They do at Kidani. I know they are both really long walks! After walking the parks all day, sometimes you just need a little rest on the way back to your room!

But I still contend the halls are long but not horror movie scary!
I don't remember if they had benches. They had some windows where you could look out over the savanna, but I was always just too doggedly determined to make it to the room to bother stopping!
Old 06-13-2012, 04:34 PM   #53
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't remember if they had benches. They had some windows where you could look out over the savanna, but I was always just too doggedly determined to make it to the room to bother stopping!
Old 06-14-2012, 01:32 PM   #54
KRuns
Earning My Ears

Aww, I loved the Boardwalk!!
KRuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #55
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade1 View Post
Your gonna love VWL then.

That is beautiful!

I will say, the hallways at AKL are LOOOOONG! We were so turned around trying to find Simba's Cubhouse!

Minnesota! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:09 PM   #56
Missus Toad
Amazing! She actually stays awake during the Hall of Presidents!

Having stayed at both BWV and VWL, I can say that while BWV does indeed have insanely long hallways, VWL's had me looking over my shoulder for a kid on a Big Wheel.

Most recent 8/21/13-8/31/13 at GF and Poly.

Missus Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:51 PM   #57
jade1
If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your lucky enough.

Quote:
I think this is the Sydney Luna Park, isn't it? They are both equally creepy!
You are correct, taken from the Opera House or under the bridge-cant remember-better go back.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:55 PM   #58
DisDeluxeAddict
Earning My Ears

We just stayed at BWI for the first time. We stayed in the Club Level rooms....it was all very ODD !! The hallways were very very long....the elevators didn't seem to take you anywhere you wanted to go. I was trying to take my kids to the main pool on our first day there, and couldn't for the life of me find my way to the pool. We ended near the quiet pool and couldn't figure out how to get back to the room. Thankfully a nice "experienced" BWI couple gave us directions to the pool. Took a while to find our room again....but YEAH a bit confusing. I love my Poly !!!
DisDeluxeAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:12 PM   #59
bcrook
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDeluxeAddict View Post
We just stayed at BWI for the first time. We stayed in the Club Level rooms....it was all very ODD !! The hallways were very very long....the elevators didn't seem to take you anywhere you wanted to go. I was trying to take my kids to the main pool on our first day there, and couldn't for the life of me find my way to the pool. We ended near the quiet pool and couldn't figure out how to get back to the room. Thankfully a nice "experienced" BWI couple gave us directions to the pool. Took a while to find our room again....but YEAH a bit confusing. I love my Poly !!!
I hear you!
Old 06-14-2012, 07:15 PM   #60
Mamato3Princes
Adventure is out there!

OP, yeah we definitely got The Shining feel when we stayed at BWV! I told my DH that at any second we'd see Danny and his Big Wheel rounding one of the corners . It's definitely very easy to get lost in there! Despite the creepy hallways and the Pennywise slide, we did love the hotel and I would stay again. But I will never swim in that pool tho .

Feb 4-9, 2012@CRMKView//Feb 9-14, 2012@BWV! Our sons' 1st trip! May 28-June 1, 2012@POR! Aug 26-29, 2012@OKW! Oct 27-28, 2012@CSR! Dec 7-9, 2012@POR!
Jan 28-Feb 1, 2013@AKV! Mar 9-12, 2014 @POR! Baby girl's 1st trip! Mar 15-19, 2014 @BC!
Next trip is May 19th-25th! Staying in a 2 bedroom Savanna view at Kidani! And then switching to Boardwalk Inn!

Mamato3Princes is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: