Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-24-2012, 05:25 PM   #1291
thornton0511
DIS Veteran
 
thornton0511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: east texas
Posts: 817

I am so sorry to hear about the diagnosis this family recieved about their child and I cannot imagine the journey they are about to take with autism. We will absolutely be praying for them and that God will find a way to make their coping with this easier and for peace to find a way to make life work for them on a day to day basis as I understand that this can be so hard for the child and the parents to find a way to communicate with each other as well as other things. I know this must be so hard for you too! Thank you for sharing this with us and giving us an opportunity to put them and you in our prayers!
__________________
TR in Progress: Summertime and Disneyland...Oo-De-Lally!! Dec 2012 TR: Jingle Bells...AKL...Disney for 10 Whole Days
Jenn(Me) DH DS(12) DD(8)
2011 Wyndham Bonnet Creek 2012 CBR 2013 POP/AKL 2014 Disneyland
thornton0511 is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 09:42 PM   #1292
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of
 
scottny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bronx, NY
Posts: 13,139

All caught up.

Sorry the last night was not magical but at least you did a cruise and now you can again or say you have.

Yeah we are at WDW. I love going to Epcot.

We were at CBR. That might have changed.
scottny is online now  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #1293
Urugami
DISdad #690
 
Urugami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Gretna, LA
Posts: 262

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Sunsets, smiles & snails! Snails?
John asked me if I had taken pictures of the details in the room and I told him that I had not so he took a few for me to post on the Disboards:

Hey! That's the phone on my desk at work!
Not quite sure what to make of that
__________________
DISdad #690

ME (Chris) DW DS(8)
76,82,83,86DL,92DL,93,95,96,01,01/02,01/03,06/03,01/09ASM,11/09CBR,11/10CBR,04/12CBR,02/13POR,03/14CBR
Urugami is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 07:59 PM   #1294
wakica
DIS Veteran
 
wakica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 1,277

Wow, you do like 5 updates to my one! LOL I had to go back 14 pages to where I last left off I just don't get on to do my updates and read others so much now that it's our busy season. I'm amazed at how much time passes before I can get on here.

It's all good readin of course tho

I'm so sorry your cruise ended badly It did sound like lots of not so great and bad things happened during the last bit of it like DH not feeling well, rude annoying people, snotty cast members, the aqua duck having burning steps (what were they black or something?), no teens on the teen beach, and the dinner fiasco. The beginning parts of the cruise sounded good tho. Glad to hear your willing to give it another go.

Must have felt SOO great to get onto Disney property. I could just sense the relief in your writing. LOL.
__________________





Me dh dd(16)
wakica is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 12:18 PM   #1295
MissLiz
DIS Veteran
 
MissLiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,513

Somehow I missed your last update. Ooops.

Glad to see you made it back to the World okay! I love Aruba at Caribbean Beach. We liked basically having three bus stops. We'd use Aruba or Jamaica or, if we were really tired of the bus, we'd get off at Old Port Royale and walk across the bridge.

Our May trip seems to have happened so long ago that I don't remember a lot of the details anymore. What day did you arrive at WDW after the cruise? I'm trying to match up our itinerary with what you update.

Can't wait to hear about Lacey and Jesse's arrival!
__________________
MissLiz is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 12:21 PM   #1296
MissLiz
DIS Veteran
 
MissLiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,513

I just wanted to add that I am so sorry to hear about your friends' grandchild. I'm sure there are so many difficult things going through their hearts and minds right now. My prayers are with them!
__________________
MissLiz is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #1297
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 24,848

Sorry no replies or update yet. I'm almost finished with the latest installment but things keep getting in the way of me wrapping it up.

I've also been working on trying to lower the cost of the 2013 trip. Mama has had to pay a good bit out-of-pocket for her upcoming eye surgery and it's cut into her vacation budget. We are seriously considering dropping down to a value resort because it would save Mama almost $700. That's a chunk of change ladies and gents! Or at least it is to her.

We are looking at Art of Animation and Pop Century. But, we love the CBR so that it's hard to do the deed. Ughh! Decisions! Decisions! IF we do change, then we are changing with the knowledge that, should a special offer come out that we can take advantage of, we are changing back to the CBR. No doubt about it!

Anyway, I need to get back to work. We had an adoption hearing this morning that went all askew so the office has been a madhouse all day long!

__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is online now  
Old 09-26-2012, 06:40 PM   #1298
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!
 
PhoenixStrength's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,990

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Sorry no replies or update yet. I'm almost finished with the latest installment but things keep getting in the way of me wrapping it up.

I've also been working on trying to lower the cost of the 2013 trip. Mama has had to pay a good bit out-of-pocket for her upcoming eye surgery and it's cut into her vacation budget. We are seriously considering dropping down to a value resort because it would save Mama almost $700. That's a chunk of change ladies and gents! Or at least it is to her.

We are looking at Art of Animation and Pop Century. But, we love the CBR so that it's hard to do the deed. Ughh! Decisions! Decisions! IF we do change, then we are changing with the knowledge that, should a special offer come out that we can take advantage of, we are changing back to the CBR. No doubt about it!

Anyway, I need to get back to work. We had an adoption hearing this morning that went all askew so the office has been a madhouse all day long!

Come to the POP side, we have cookies, and tie-dye cheesecake!!!! Seriously though, I understand why you wouldn't want to "downgrade", but POP is an awesome resort and I'm sure it wouldn't cause you to lose any magic. Plus, there are lots of pluses! Shorter walks to the bus stops, gift shop, food court and arcade then at CBR (unless you are right next to OPR), just one bus stop so the buses get going to the parks/DTD faster, and the values just got free wi-fi and the mini-fridge, so it's not as much of a downgrade as it used to be! And POP has lots of fun activities going on all the time, the gorgeous walk around the lake and the ability to go over to AoA for a meal and to explore quite easily. And think of the money you will save If you do go with POP you know I will help if you have questions. And I have tons of pics that I can share too.
__________________
Aug 97 Off Site Aug 01 Off Site Sept 08 POP Nov 10 Off Site Feb 12 POP Dec 12 POP Sept 13 CBR May 14 CBR Dec 14 CBR

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

PhoenixStrength is offline  
Old 09-26-2012, 09:40 PM   #1299
deedeew80
Dreaming of My Prince
 
deedeew80's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: NJ
Posts: 681

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Sorry no replies or update yet. I'm almost finished with the latest installment but things keep getting in the way of me wrapping it up.

I've also been working on trying to lower the cost of the 2013 trip. Mama has had to pay a good bit out-of-pocket for her upcoming eye surgery and it's cut into her vacation budget. We are seriously considering dropping down to a value resort because it would save Mama almost $700. That's a chunk of change ladies and gents! Or at least it is to her.

We are looking at Art of Animation and Pop Century. But, we love the CBR so that it's hard to do the deed. Ughh! Decisions! Decisions! IF we do change, then we are changing with the knowledge that, should a special offer come out that we can take advantage of, we are changing back to the CBR. No doubt about it!

Anyway, I need to get back to work. We had an adoption hearing this morning that went all askew so the office has been a madhouse all day long!

Hi Lisa!! I know what you mean about dropping down to a value resort! We are in the same boat if we want to go on the trip in May! Not staying at CBR and going to a value would be saving us $640!!! That is a huge difference to us!!! However, like you, if a good offer comes along we will definitely be going to CBR!!! (Crossing my fingers that happens!) DH and I did stay at Pop Century back in 2007. It wasn't too bad. One of the biggest things we didn't like was waiting for the bus out in the blazing hot sun in August! (No covered bus stops!) But I figured, going in early May it probably won't be so bad. Not sure which value we sill choose yet though. Still looking around! I am just SO excited that we are actually going!!!!!

Forgot to add that I compared prices of all the value resorts.....POP is actually coming out the most expensive!! I don't understand why though. Very interesting!!!!
__________________
9/91-CBR; 8/95-Off Site; 8/99-CBR; 8/02-CBR; 8/03-ASSp; 8/04-CBR; 8/05-CBR; 11/06-SOG; 8/07-POP; 10/08-CBR Disneymoon

Last edited by deedeew80; 09-26-2012 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something!
deedeew80 is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 07:52 AM   #1300
Daisy Duke
Mouseketeer
 
Daisy Duke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 93

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeew80 View Post
Forgot to add that I compared prices of all the value resorts.....POP is actually coming out the most expensive!! I don't understand why though. Very interesting!!!!
Lurker here. If memory serves, Pop is actually in a different county (or town or something) than All-Stars and therefore has a slighter higher tax amount. It stinks!

Lisa, thanks for your trip report! Sorry you didn't enjoy the cruise so much, but I'm glad you were able to start and end your trip at your happy place!

ps. Deedeew80, I told my husband the other day that I hope our DS looks just like your DS in your siggy pic - he is SOOOO adorable! Love that big, happy baby smile!
__________________
Me (30) DH (33) DS due 12/11/12!

Last edited by Daisy Duke; 09-27-2012 at 07:58 AM.
Daisy Duke is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 09:11 AM   #1301
haleofafamily
DIS Veteran
 
haleofafamily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,066

I think you have debated this before but have you considered renting points and staying in a 2 bedrm DVC resort? They sleep up to 9, have full kitchens and if you stay AKV or BLT 3 bathrooms. When we priced out the difference it was a huge savings for us. You wouldn't get the dining plan, but can really save money with a kitchen. If you decide to look into that, we have stayed at almost every DVC property and can give you the pros and cons.
__________________



Me DH DS(16) DS(14) DS(11) DS(10) DD(8) DD(7)
June 85 Off, July 92 Off, June 00 AsSp, Sept 04 SSR, May 06 OKW, Sept 07 WL/BCV, May 08 BWV, Dec 08 SSR, Mar 09 Off, Sept 09 AKV Kidani/OKW, May 10 POP/VWL/Dol, Dec 10 AKV, FEB 11 BCV (1st Princess Half Marathon), FEB 12 Poly (2nd Princess Half Marathon), May 12 AKV and THV(Family Reunion!!) Nov 12 FLE Preview SSR/AoA, FEB 13 CSR/YC (3rd Princess Half Marathon), OCT 13 CSR (Grand Gathering)
haleofafamily is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 09:24 AM   #1302
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 24,848

Quote:
Originally Posted by haleofafamily View Post
I think you have debated this before but have you considered renting points and staying in a 2 bedrm DVC resort? They sleep up to 9, have full kitchens and if you stay AKV or BLT 3 bathrooms. When we priced out the difference it was a huge savings for us. You wouldn't get the dining plan, but can really save money with a kitchen. If you decide to look into that, we have stayed at almost every DVC property and can give you the pros and cons.
We have debated this before...each time Mama goes with us. I thought about renting points at the Treehouse Villas because they look sooooo neat but I can't talk anybody else in the group into doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy Duke View Post
Lurker here. If memory serves, Pop is actually in a different county (or town or something) than All-Stars and therefore has a slighter higher tax amount. It stinks!

Lisa, thanks for your trip report! Sorry you didn't enjoy the cruise so much, but I'm glad you were able to start and end your trip at your happy place!

ps. Deedeew80, I told my husband the other day that I hope our DS looks just like your DS in your siggy pic - he is SOOOO adorable! Love that big, happy baby smile!
Hey there! It's nice to see you come out of lurkdome! I think that you are right about the various value resorts. From what I remember, some are in different Counties.


Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeew80 View Post
Hi Lisa!! I know what you mean about dropping down to a value resort! We are in the same boat if we want to go on the trip in May! Not staying at CBR and going to a value would be saving us $640!!! That is a huge difference to us!!! However, like you, if a good offer comes along we will definitely be going to CBR!!! (Crossing my fingers that happens!) DH and I did stay at Pop Century back in 2007. It wasn't too bad. One of the biggest things we didn't like was waiting for the bus out in the blazing hot sun in August! (No covered bus stops!) But I figured, going in early May it probably won't be so bad. Not sure which value we sill choose yet though. Still looking around! I am just SO excited that we are actually going!!!!!

Forgot to add that I compared prices of all the value resorts.....POP is actually coming out the most expensive!! I don't understand why though. Very interesting!!!!
$640 is a lot of money for us too! It's nice to hear that we aren't the only ones who are so concerned about the non-covered bus stops. I thought it was just us who worried about it.

I know that you guys are super excited to be going back to Walt Disney World! Those little ones of your's are going to have so much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Come to the POP side, we have cookies, and tie-dye cheesecake!!!! Seriously though, I understand why you wouldn't want to "downgrade", but POP is an awesome resort and I'm sure it wouldn't cause you to lose any magic. Plus, there are lots of pluses! Shorter walks to the bus stops, gift shop, food court and arcade then at CBR (unless you are right next to OPR), just one bus stop so the buses get going to the parks/DTD faster, and the values just got free wi-fi and the mini-fridge, so it's not as much of a downgrade as it used to be! And POP has lots of fun activities going on all the time, the gorgeous walk around the lake and the ability to go over to AoA for a meal and to explore quite easily. And think of the money you will save If you do go with POP you know I will help if you have questions. And I have tons of pics that I can share too.
I wanna eat some cookies and tie-dye cheesecake! We have been over to Pop for a visit and to eat lunch there and it was a really cool resort. At the time of our visit, they were changing out the mattresses and doing a little maintenance on the rooms. We were able to talk a supervisor into letting us take a peek into one of the rooms.
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is online now  
Old 09-27-2012, 09:40 AM   #1303
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 24,848

I pinky promise that I'm coming back with replies and an update before the Noon hour today. Just need to do a little work around the office first.

I did change our resort last night. We are now booked in a Little Mermaid room at Art of Animation. The pictures that lovethattink and MEK are what made up our minds for us. That, at the fact that it's a brand new resort. Oh and there's that little thing called MONEY that helped in the decision making as well.

Mama will save $653.62. We will save $653.56. Lacey and Jesse will save $400.42.

By changing resorts, we are guaranteed to save money. If a special offer comes out that we can take advantage of and it's good enough, we'll jump back to a moderate resort. Let's say they offered 20% off your room at the CBR: 1) We would save approximately $436; 2) Mama would save approximately $436; 3) Lacey would save approximately $298. So, we're keeping our fingers crossed that there's an offer for our travel dates. If not, we know we are saving by staying at the AoA.

__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is online now  
Old 09-27-2012, 10:04 AM   #1304
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!
 
PhoenixStrength's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,990

Nice! I'll be visiting AoA when I'm staying at POP in 2 months. And the Little Mermaid rooms are the newest of all, as they JUST opened. And if you do get a great offer for CBR than I don't blame you for switching back. But if not I'm sure you will still have a great time, and enjoy that extra money you have.

If you want me to check anything out at AoS while I'm there in December, let me know and I will.
__________________
Aug 97 Off Site Aug 01 Off Site Sept 08 POP Nov 10 Off Site Feb 12 POP Dec 12 POP Sept 13 CBR May 14 CBR Dec 14 CBR

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

PhoenixStrength is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 11:53 AM   #1305
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran
 
mickeystoontown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bayou Country, La.
Posts: 24,848

Soariní over California and eatiní in Italy!

Soariní over California and eatiní in Italy!

We made it back to the resort in no time at all and the first thing that I did was get Johnís meds out of the SCAR. I donít know what came over us leaving his meds there. We never do that and itís always in Johnís pocket or in my purse at all times. I checked my text message again and saw what room number we were assigned to and we set off to find it. Before we left for EPCOT, we already knew what building we would be in but didnít know our room number. Our room was easy to find and we were very pleased with the location. It was just up the stairs and looked out over the beautiful landscaping. Perfect!

I told John to go ahead and lie down on the bed and Hunter and I would get the luggage out of the SCAR. Being the manly-man, he tried to object but I was hearing nothing of it. He was going to lay down right then or I would knock him out. He could choose one or the other. He chose to let Hunter and I take care of seeing that the luggage was unloaded and in the room. Wise man!

I pulled the SCAR around to the circle/unloading area near our building, put everything out onto the curb and then parked back out in No Manís Land while Hunter started taking things up to the room. Before long, the two of us had everything in the room and I got busy organizing our things. Hunter immediately turned on the television to start watching the ďTop 10" while I flitted about the room. John was already sound asleep. Most times, when his trough levels are low or theyíve been inconsistent for a day or so, sleep is his best medicine. And, honey, Iím here to tell you that he was oĖu-t and snoring like crazy.

Lacey called at some point in time to check in and give us an update on where they were. It was looking more and more like they would be arriving later than they originally thought due to being held up at the car rental desk that morning. The guy at the rental desk had tried to get them to upgrade to a larger car, to purchase additional insurance, to do this, to do that, etc. etc. She said that she wanted to scream ďWill you just shut up already! Iím headed to Walt Disney World Mister!Ē but she refrained and kept declining everything he had to offer.

I finished unpacking our things and stacked the luggage in between the bench and dresser. The space was just right for the two large suitcases to sit on end and then the other to sit right on top. John woke up at some point in time and asked what time it was and whether or not he needed to do anything. I told him the time and that I had already put things in their place. Because we have been married for 28 years now, the man knows me well which led him to suggest ďWhy donít you and Hunter go do something and then come back and get me when itís time to leave for our dinner reservationĒ. Yep, he knew that I was going to go stir crazy sitting there in the room. And, because I know my man, I knew that he was going to go back to sleep.

Hunter and I decided to take a ride back to Downtown Disney and spend a little time there. We walked over to the Jamaica bus stop and I took pictures while we waited on the bus:

























Peaking around the corner of the bus stop and looking towards one of the resort villages:



The ďside entranceĒ that only buses and service vehicles use:



A Downtown Disney bus pulled up, we hopped on and were soon at Downtown Disney. Apparently, I wasnít very snap-happy because I took two, count Ďem, two pictures:



Want or need a childís umbrella stroller? Well, itís gonna cost ya:



We didnít stay at Downtown Disney for a super long time but we did walk through and in several stores. Most of the shopping that we did was window shopping but it was better than just sitting around in the resort room. We made our way back to the bus stop and, about 15 minutes later, the bus to Caribbean Beach Resort arrived:



The bus made the mandatory stop at the Pleasure Island stop and, once again, we had a bus driver switch. I would be willing to make a pretty good wager that this is one of the main bus driver switch locations. I could be wrong but it sure seems like every time we go, they make a driver change. After the change, we left Downtown Disney and made the turn into Typhoon Lagoon. Not one person was waiting on the bus stop so the driver didnít even stop. He just slowed down to make sure nobody made a run for the bus and left the water park parking lot.

Not long after, we were turning into the CBR and Hunter and I got off at the Jamaica bus stop and walked over to our building. This time, I remembered to take a picture of the outside of the building. Well, sort of. I took pictures of the banana tree growing right beside the stairway:







We found a still sleeping John right where he was when we left. I roused him awake and told him that it was time for him to get up. We were going back to EPCOT! We had Fastpasses to use and a new restaurant to try!

Once everybody was freshened up, we made our way to the bus stop and, once again, Iím happy to report that the bus came mere minutes after we got there. Just 10 minutes later, we were pulling into the EPCOT parking lot and being dropped off. I went through bag check while John and Hunter went through the entrance used solely by those without bags or packages.

The first place we headed was to The Land building so that we could use our Fastpasses. I think that I forgot to mention in my earlier post that I had gotten the Fastpasses before we left the park that morning. Anyway, we had to wait until 6:05 p.m. before we could use the Fastpasses and it was:



When we looked at the standby entrance time, we were super glad that we had gotten the Fastpasses. Look at the wait time. Yikes!



**continued in next post
__________________

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226


mickeystoontown is online now  
 

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: