Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2012, 08:02 PM   #1096
sherylcin
Mouseketeer

Sounds like you put the "labor" in Labor Day weekend! Always feels good when you're DONE with those projects tho.

That is so great that the whole family is going on vacation next year. I gotta tell you you're starting something wonderful!! We've just added the in-laws and babies as they came along and now we all go (all 13 of us) and we love it!! No better place for a family reunion!!
2008 - DVC Members! Animal Kingdom Villas/Boardwalk Villas; 2009 - Offsite at Marriott's Grande Vista; 2010 - Grand Californian Villas in Disneyland; 2011 - BLT and Beach Club; 2012 - Ashton's Surprise 13th BD Trip at POP; 2013-OKW and BC in January then Offsite for Thanksgiving at Sheraton Vistana Villages; 2014 - Offsite at Marriott's Cypress Harbour for quick unplanned surprise trip.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:26 PM   #1097
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

That's awesome that the whole gang will be back at WDW next year!

You've been busy! As eager as I am to hear more about your most recent trip, I think you've earned some time off! Take a break!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #1099
deedeew80
Dreaming of My Prince

Hi Lisa!!! Yay!! I am so excited for you that your Mama, Lacey & Jesse will be going on your trip as well!!! It will be here before you know it!! LOL!

Old 09-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #1100
francis6306
DIS Veteran

YAY!!! I'm excited! The gang will all be back again!!!!

Spring Break, March 2015 PTR

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 09-05-2012, 11:03 PM   #1101
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Lisa I'm so excited for you I know how happy you must be that you will have mama, and Lacey and Jesse. Sounds like fun times!
Old 09-05-2012, 11:38 PM   #1102
KatMark
DIS Veteran

So glad momma, Jesse and Lacey will be joining you on next year's trip
Old 09-06-2012, 07:36 AM   #1103
natebenma
DIS Veteran

I was a bit behind, but I'm so excited to read that

Mama, Lacey and Jesse are all planning on joining you for the May trip.

I'm also really happy to hear that you made it through the storm pretty well.

And now, back to the report-

Congrats on your hole in one at Pirate Golf. I love that everyone playing was chatting and socializing to help pass the time.

I'm gonna cut Hunter lots and lots of slack for hanging up on you. If my teen would dance with me or my husband instead of rolling his eyes and pretending he his parents don't exist, then I would be fine with him hanging up on me in an attempt to attain his American Idol Championship status.

That's a fine boy you have there!
Old 09-06-2012, 07:42 AM   #1104
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I have co- worker who has a log home and she was just moaning about how long it was taking to get her house resealed. They also had to replace 2 logs as some kind of bug tunneled in.

YAY! The family next year, should be good time.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 09-06-2012, 09:33 AM   #1105
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

Woo Hoo!!!!! The whole crew will be together at Disney!!!

May 2016 Pre-Trip Report <--Also includes a Mini Trip Report of our March 2014 trip to Asheville/Gatlinburg

May 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report and
The AutoTrain, Disney World and More! Trip Report

October 2008 - Caribbean Beach
Pre-Trip Report and Trip Report
Old 09-06-2012, 05:03 PM   #1106
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Coming back with replies soon. I pinky promise! The bossman is in court and I had just enough time to write an installment before he called and said he was on his way back to the office. Shhhhhhhh....don't tell the mean old bossman that I wasn't working.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 09-06-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #1107
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Ahh, this is what I call paradise! Gosh darn the water’s cold!

Ahh, this is what I call paradise! Gosh darn the water’s cold!

Today is the day! Today is the day! Today is the day we have a private island all to ourselves. Well, maybe not all to ourselves but we were going to be on a private island and we were looking forward to soaking it all in.

Given the chaos that we had encountered at Cabanas the morning before, we decided to skip breakfast and have an early lunch on the private island. You know, that private island that we were visiting today. Have I mentioned that we were going to be on a private island? Private island! Private island! Just saying private island makes me feel all rich and sophisticated which is the total opposite of what we really are.

All we had to do after donning our swimsuits and cover-ups was wait for the go-ahead to leave the ship and step foot on Castaway Cay (which, by the way is pronounced Castaway Key which is really odd because I don’t know about you guys and gals but when I see the word Cay, I pronounce it K). Hey, ain’t no sweat off my back if Disney wants to call it Key, Cay, Clippidy Clop or Kalamazoo, just so long as they let me visit their own slice of paradise.

The porthole became our hangout and we watched the castmembers scurrying about, unloading the supplies needed for the day, setting up the towel stations, etc. These people had the unloading and organizing down to an artform. They had forklifts going this way and that and castmembers shuffling from one place to another. It looked like a well choreographed dance. It was amazing to watch.

I’m not looking too closely at these pictures to see if you can actually see the castmembers flitting about but the next two pictures were taken from our porthole.

There’s the pretty island calling my name. I promise, I actually heard it saying “Mickeystooooooootown! Mickeystooooooootown! Hurry up! Get down here and visit me!”

We were itching to get off the ship so as the time to disembark approached, we grabbed our tote bag and were off. I followed the sound of Castaway Cay calling me and soon, we were stepping out into the bright Bahama sunshine! We stopped to have our picture taken with the Dream in the background (I haven’t scanned the pictures and uploaded them yet so just imagine the three of us standing there, arms in the air with this beauty in the background):

We made our way over to the tram stop and were in luck when one pulled up very soon after we got there. We hopped on and waited for more people to board. In the meantime, I took a picture of the Dream:

One of the tips that I had read prior to the cruise was to not get off at the first tram stop but to get off on the last stop for the family beach. Man, was that tip right! When we got to the family beach, there was only one other family there. We had a ton of lounge chairs to choose from so we chose one near a palm tree and an umbrella. This was our view after we got all settled in:

Ahh, this is what I call paradise! We walked down to the water and started wading out into the crystal clearness. Gosh darn the water’s cold! We went out further into the water and watched a few fish swim around us for a while. A little while later, we decided to head back to our lounge chairs and wait for the day to warm up a bit. After all, it was still pretty early in the morning.

More pictures of our view:

Looking to the right:

To our left:

Hunter said that he’d like to go find the part of the beach that was reserved for the teenagers so off he went. John and I just sat and relaxed and people watched as “our” beach started getting a bit busier:

Even though I was lying on a lounge chair, on a private island, in the Bahamas, I couldn’t sit still for long. I just couldn’t. So, I told John that I was going to find a bathroom and maybe walk around a little bit. He was perfectly content to stay right where he was and Hunter was still gone.
I found the bathrooms not far from where we were and, since I am a rustic/log home type of gal, I adored the decor of the bathrooms. Enough that I had to take pictures (as if I really needed a reason to take pictures):

I remembered to take pictures of the bathroom but totally forgot to take pictures of the little shop and kids’ play area that I wandered by. I looked at the merchandise for sale and spotted a t-shirt that I thought John would like and a Vinylmation that Hunter would probably want but didn’t buy either one of them. I strolled back to the lounge chair and to the semi-dozing John. I know...imagine that...John sleeping. Who would have ever thunk it?

John was getting a little thirsty and decided to buy himself a beer even though it wasn’t even 11:00 yet. That certainly wasn’t stopping the castmembers from strolling up and down the beach with those pretty little colored drinks and beers. They had been out for a while now. Neither of us drink much but, every now and then, John likes a ice cold beer. We meandered over to the bar/store/counter where John bought his beer and I took a couple of pictures:

Hunter came back all sleepy-eyed and said that he had fallen asleep in one of the hammocks in the teen area. We laughed and asked if he woke up to dozens of teenagers standing around the hammock making fun of him. He said that, actually, there were no other teenagers there. None. I thought that was pretty odd especially since Hunter had said that the teen club had been so busy on the ship.

We went out in the water again for a little while but soon our stomachs were telling us that they needed sustenance. I had a map of the island in my backsack so we pulled it out to see where the nearest restaurant was. We needed food!

**Up next: What flew up her butt? Is this a landing strip?

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 09-06-2012, 06:31 PM   #1108
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Yay for your upcoming trip!!!!! That's so exciting!!!

Castaway Cay/Key looks beautiful! I get antsy just sitting around on the beach too - I know what you mean!
Old 09-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #1109
sherylcin
Mouseketeer

Your pictures always tell the story so well, Lisa! I think Castaway Cay looks bigger than I imagined it was. Also looks like there's lots to do. A little something for everyone! Nice relaxing day so far! Know what you mean about sitting on the beach. I can only do it for short periods of time then I have to get up and at least walk the beach.
2008 - DVC Members! Animal Kingdom Villas/Boardwalk Villas; 2009 - Offsite at Marriott's Grande Vista; 2010 - Grand Californian Villas in Disneyland; 2011 - BLT and Beach Club; 2012 - Ashton's Surprise 13th BD Trip at POP; 2013-OKW and BC in January then Offsite for Thanksgiving at Sheraton Vistana Villages; 2014 - Offsite at Marriott's Cypress Harbour for quick unplanned surprise trip.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:30 PM   #1110
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

What a lovely quiet start to Castaway Cay! How lovely!! Interesting that there weren't any teens there, I'll be curious to see if that changed as the day went on as that wasn't Kendall's experience at all.

It really is Paradise there isn't it!

Dozing in a hammock or a lounger after a late pirate night sounds pretty good too!

Love the bathroom pics, I thought they were adorable but didn't take a single picture of them, go figure.

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: