Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2012, 09:20 AM   #901
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

At least you got the bandanas ON your heads....sort of.

We went on the Pirates & Pals cruise at WDW and they give out bandanas to wear. My little one was 18 months at the time and I think she was the only one that would have been able to wear one as a head scarf. They are so stinking small or we just have ginormous melons for heads.

I'm trying to talk my husband into dressing up for the pirate party, but he's not a big dresser-upper. The most I've been able to get out of him was wearing the Mickey ears from the Germany pavillion at Epcot to the Halloween party at MK. Really....that's all.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:54 AM   #902
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Happy belated anniversary! Can't wait for the mini-TR.

Love the pirate gear. I understand having smaller ones for kids, but they should have bigger ones that actually work for the adults too!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2012, 11:41 AM   #903
Bridora
DIS Veteran

I was always excited to come back to the stateroom and find whatever our attendant had left! (Mainly I was excited about the chocolates!)

I'm very relieved to know you had as much trouble as I did in putting those bandanas on your heads!

I remember taking about 1,000,000 of those pictures! I think our version kept coming out blurry or something!

Fun night!
2003-My 1st Trip to Disney!-All Star Movies ** 2004-Pop Century ** 2005-All Star Movies ** 2006-Caribbean Beach ** 2007-Caribbean Beach (without the kids!) ** 2008-Port Orleans Riverside ** 2009-Polynesian (we became DVC owners!) ** 2010-Bay Lake Tower**2011-Boardwalk/Beach Club**2012-Dream & Kidani Village**2013-Old Key West
Old 08-16-2012, 01:21 PM   #904
MagicShell
DIS Veteran

I've been lurking on your trip report and I'm all caught up now. We are going to be staying at CBR in Dec. for the first time. It's nice to hear how much your family likes it.

The ship is beautiful! I don't know if a cruise would be my thing. The way you describe your bus trip in Nassau reminds me of mine and my husband's honeymoon. We went to Jamaica We hadn't discovered Disney yet. We went into the market on a bus and it was the scariest thing I ever remember doing. People were just going wherever and however they wanted. I don't remember a bad smell though which is good.

Thanks for sharing your trip and I can't wait to read about the CBR portion!

Me DH DD DS
Old 08-16-2012, 01:34 PM   #905
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

You guys are tooo funny!! LOVE the bandanas, maybe they do that on purpose so people can get creative with the ways they wear them!! And you're not a hot mess, no worries there!! Fireworks looked cool, so did the aquaduck all lit up!!!

Old 08-16-2012, 02:14 PM   #906
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Love the update!!!

Those bandana pictures were too funny! Glad you were able to make them work.

So cool to be able to see fireworks on a cruise!!

Old 08-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #907
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Those bandanas are made for little kids...why don't they make adult sizes?

I am so sad you didn't love the cruise. To me cruising is just as good as WDW and then on a Disney ship...well that even better. I know everyone is different though.

Fireworks at sea is so amazing. And you are right about the whole cell phone thing too. It still amazes me how different things are now compared to when I was a kid.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:47 PM   #908
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Hey there - just dropping in. I had read the beginning of your TR some time ago, and must not have subbed. I'm all caught up, thanks to the handy links!!

Just for the record - I'm a fan of escargot, but only get them on the cruise too! I don't usually go anywhere that they're served around here and can't afford them anyway!

So Happy Belated Birthday to Hunter (was it 5/24? - that's my DH's too)
and Happy Anniversary to you and John!
Old 08-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #909
megan511
Mouseketeer

I love the pictures in the porthole! The view is gorgeous.

Dinner at Royal Palace looks really good. I tried escargot once, I didn't love it but it wasn't awful. I love the carriage bread basket! I think I need one...

Those pics with the bandanas are too funny. The fireworks shots are great! Pirate Night seems like a lot of fun.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:25 PM   #910
francis6306
DIS Veteran

That looks like a lot of fun!! Those bandanas though…

Spring Break, March 2015 PTR

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 08-16-2012, 10:49 PM   #911
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
Glad you had a fun anniversary get away! Your pictures peaked my interest in Hot Springs!! It has been a long time since I have been there!
We usually try to go to Hot Springs at least once or twice a year. Most times, we camp at Lake Ouachita but it was much too hot to camp this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconuts View Post
Just caught up on all of your updates. I was thinking about taking the same excursion in Nassau so I was glad to read your review.
I would definitely recommend the See & Sea tour. I'd probably even say go on the bus portion but go into it knowing that the bus will not be that clean or nice smelling. Had I known that and the fact that Nassau isn't the nicest of nice, I wouldn't have been as disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Got a little behind with my trip to the beach last week. Can't see your pictures from the last update, but that meal sounds fantastic, even if you didn't like the caviar! (Did I spell that right? I don't think so....). Not sure if I have ever tried it.

With your descriptions of the food, I seriously can't wait for my first cruise. Looking forward to your pirate costumes.
We enjoyed the Royal Palace more than we did The Enchanted Garden. I thik it was mostly because we weren't seated way in the back and sitting so close to other guests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisBamaGirl View Post
Just dropping a note to say that I love reading your trips reports! Your writing style is fantastic....it's just like you're having a little chat with all of us! Thanks for sharing your trips with us!
Thanks and welcome aboard! I hope that you'll feel free to join in on the chit-chat. I think you can tell that I'm a "talker".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissi Khris View Post
Hello! Just thought I'll say hi ! I read all of your trip report, I think there brilliant and help me with my disney withdrawals . It sucks to live so far away from disney!!
Howdy! I think that writing the trip report definitely helps me with the Disney withdrawals! That's for darn sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridora View Post

Almost not even worth posting! This was my first plate from lunch at Cabana's on Thursday, May 24: some bread, veggies, and I can't remember what that was at the top! You can see a slice of pizza, too, probably on Luke's plate! I guess I was too busy eating the rest of the time because that's the only picture I took!

Glad you had a good time in Hot Springs - thought about y'all while we were shopping!
That's about what my plate looked like too but with different food items.

I thought about ya'll while I was floating around the lazy river at Magic Springs.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-16-2012, 10:55 PM   #912
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Love the updates! Thanks for the bandana laugh!
Thanks! The bandanas were soooo hard to get on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Love the pirate family pictures! So fun!

That's awesome that Hunter enjoyed the teen club so much. It seems that DCL really does their clubs for the youngsters right.

Great fireworks pictures! How fun to see them in the middle of the ocean! Did you notice any other cruise lines' ships lingering around yours? I've hear on other TRs that can happen on fireworks night.

DH really wants to go on DCL, but I've been too afraid that I'd miss the parks. Your TR is kind of reinforcing that for me. Maybe someday, but I'm happy with our WDW vacations for now!
Hunter would have stayed in the teen club all night long if it had stayed open later than 1:00 a.m. He had a great time!

It was so neat to watch fireworks in the middle of the ocean. I didn't see the other cruise ships nearby but I too read trip reports that have reported seeing many hanging around for the free fireworks show.

I'll tell you the honest truth about our thoughts on the cruise.....while we enjoyed it, we really did miss our time in the parks. I'm not one for lazing around so I'm probably not a great person to ask though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleTinkMom View Post
Hi Lisa. I'm all caught up. Summer has been crazy over here!

Happy Anniversary!! Sorry I'm a little late

Great TR so far. We had a blast on our cruise and we are going back in 2014.

Y'all look like y'all have so much fun!!
I totally understand! It's been busy here too.

No need to apologize for the late Happy Anniversary. It's actually kinda neat to read the wishes a few days after the actual date.

We had a great time at the pirate party! Just wait 'til you see the next set of pictures.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-16-2012, 10:56 PM   #913
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Oh my, Lisa, you have me peeing in my pants twice today. I just love the bandana escapade...priceless.

for a DIS meet and on the ship too!
Old 08-16-2012, 11:59 PM   #914
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Y'alls night looks like it was starting to be fun. I hope it turns out to be a good one.

I'd never be able to convince my hubby to do anything like the party, I think it's cute how your men will go along with whatever you plan for them.

I don't think you looked like a hot mess at all. I think you look cute.
At least you ran into someone you knew at the party.

When you were going through your list of remarkable inventions it reminded me of a list I read once of similar things, but from our grandparents persepective.

If you think about all that our grandparents have seen that's been invented....WOW!
Just think, the fact that we could have computers sitting in our laps (computers use to take up the space of huge rooms<mainframes>) and be able to talk to other people through a camera (skype) on it is flippin amazing in and of it's self!!
Just think how short a time it's been when Space Ship Earth's futuristic things were put out there, and that was just in the 80's! Pretty cool when you think about it.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Old 08-17-2012, 02:56 AM   #915
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Hi,
Okay just caught up. Too much to mention but the excursion looked like so much fun especially the underwater part.

Shame getting caught with illegal product onboard. That whole story cracked me up.

MMMM, escargot. I love it but not with a mushroom taste. YUCK!!!

The restaurants look really nice.

Poopy smell begone. Yuck!

Great report so far. Love the pics.

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: