Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #826
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

ooohhh more update ,goodstuff and btw I love escargot ,although it has to be done right my advice is don't ever try thr Chef de France version

Old 08-09-2012, 01:07 PM   #827
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
I LOVE the Newsboys! I have seen them several times! Have fun on your trip! I actually got to meet the one guitar player with the curly blonde hair. He was really nice. It was before he had his solo album back when I was in College.
I like the Newsboys too! How cool that you got to meet one of the guitar players. That's neat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I'm all caught up! It is true, cabanas is theoretically like Boma, with pods but if you ask me it's just too narrow to pull it off. I found if I avoided the hot foods and stuck to muesli with toppings or plain yogurt (which they'd get if you asked) I was pretty content. On our Nassau day I had a surprisingly decent eggs Benedict but the rest of the hot food left a bit to be desired. Loved the muesli and toppings though!

Neat excursion, I'd expected Nassau to be about how it was, couldn't convince Jeff we should just stay on the ship and sure enough, after about 2 hours they all wanted to go back. We also got dumped on, we were amazed by the lack of drainage in the streets! It looked like it was flooding. Glad you enjoyed the house tour and semi sub so much and were greeted by warm towels. Too funny on the ID!
I'm glad that you mentioned Boma. We are considering it for our May, 2013 trip.

I am glad that we went into Nassau and saw the things that we did but I wouldn't want to spend all day there. I noticed the lack of drainage as well. There were huge "lakes" everywhere and there was no way to avoid them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
I am slow too so understandable!! I like slow!

I will see what I can do this weekend on those pictures! I hope your anniversary get away is so fun and relaxing!! We took Madison and Chris to Atlanta on our anniversary...we just hate to not have them with us!

Your description of that bus made me want to take a bath!! Gross!!!! The third leg sounds very un-magical!
Mama told us to just let Hunter stay home with her and John and I go alone. I told her that I knew he was bored from being home all Summer so he was definitely coming along with us.

The plastic bus seats were not very clean and they had stuff stuck on them. I'm so glad that I brought alone the hand sanitizer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Yay for warm towels !!! Gotta love those Disney touches !! We weren't huge fans of Nassau either.
I was loving the fact that Disney was handing out the towels. It was a shock to your skin when you walked in from the heat and rain and into the air conditioned ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryj11 View Post
I'm still keeping up
Good to see you're still here!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #828
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
OMG!!!!! I just signed on here yesterday but I recognise you n ur family from a TR I read of you'rs on another site where "momma" was with you and you stayed at CBR then too,actually that was the reason I chose Cbr last September!!! I also see another poster here from that site in the comments,how cool I'm loving your tr keep it coming .
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekypoppins View Post
ooohhh more update ,goodstuff and btw I love escargot ,although it has to be done right my advice is don't ever try thr Chef de France version
I'm so happy to have you here! It's nice to "see" a familiar face!

The escargot was pretty good and I was suprised that none of us were disgusted. Note to self: Don't try escargot at Chef de France.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridora View Post
Such an interesting bus tour does make for some great memories, though!

How awesome that there were CMs waiting to greet you with warm towels!
Yeah, we still talk about the people yelling and shaking their fists at our tour guide.

Did ya'll make it back to the ship before it started raining?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
First of all...Happy (early) Anniversary!! That's so funny you mentioned bringing Hunter along. Our anniversary is Sunday and we decided to go camping for the weekend and the boys are coming along and also my parents and brother. Definitely not romantic...oh well. Anyways, I hope you have a great time in Hot Springs.

I'm glad you were able to get a few things done before the rain started. Yuck about the seats on the bus though. That sign is definitely interesting. I remember seeing it posted before in another TR....maybe Missy's?

Yay for warm towels! What a great touch.
Thanks for the anniversary wishes! I hope that ya'll have a great time camping with the gang. I'd love for us to go camping but it's still too hot to tent camp here or in Arkansas.

I'm really glad that we had the experiences that we did in Nassau but I don't have a burning desire to go back into town again.

I do remember seeing the interesting sign in Missy's trip report.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 08-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #829
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Love the pictures in the stateroom! You look so cute in that porthole! The lampshade really stood out too. I love that.

Yay for Hunter ordering escargot! I'm impressed! I've only had escargot twice and both times mine tasted like butter and garlic. So they weren't bad.

I've never had caviar either. I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to try it even though I'd really want to try the cauliflower soup.

I'm so glad that you guys enjoyed your meal so much more than the one before. I was worried that you guys were really unhappy on the cruise!

Can't wait to hear more!
Old 08-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #830
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtothemouse View Post
That sign I laugh because I work with a guy that grew up on Trinidad and he says he speaks the " Da Queens English, mon." Yes he says mon......A LOT! And he actually says tings like "I was doing tings and such, mon."
The tour guide on the semi-sub tour spoke just like that! He had dreadlocks too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncycat View Post
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Our anniversary is friday as well!! We hit 15 years, so you got us there Glad you're going away, and taking Hunter with you, we don't do anything without Tyler. We'll probably just go to the zoo. Chris was able to take the day off, so that's a good thing. Have fun in Hot Springs!! Will be thinking about ya'll!!
Look at all my Dis friends who are having anniversaries! We are all in very good company!

Yay for Chris having the day off so you can all spend some time together. Take lots of pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethislucy View Post
oh the newsboys are good.
I know! I hope we get a chance to see them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddstratton View Post
Hmm... Interesting tour. I would have giggled like a 12-yr-old schoolboy at that sign, though.

Happy (early) anniversary!!
We did giggle like a schoolboy! I made sure that I pointed it out to Hunter. Hey, you can't start warning them too early now-a-days.

Thanks for the early anniversary wishes!

Old 08-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #831
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Love the pictures in the stateroom! You look so cute in that porthole! The lampshade really stood out too. I love that.

Yay for Hunter ordering escargot! I'm impressed! I've only had escargot twice and both times mine tasted like butter and garlic. So they weren't bad.

I've never had caviar either. I'm not sure I'd be brave enough to try it even though I'd really want to try the cauliflower soup.

I'm so glad that you guys enjoyed your meal so much more than the one before. I was worried that you guys were really unhappy on the cruise!

Can't wait to hear more!
I was in my ala-Vanna White mode. Not! My hair was a complete mess, all smooshed down from my hat and the rain and I was still cold thus the reason I was bundled into a ball.

The escargot wasn't as bad all we all thought it was going to be. I don't know what I thought it would taste like but not like it did.

The caviar was NASTY! It was all I could do to make myself swallow it. Yuck!

Oh wait until our last night and you'll see some really unhappy folks!

Old 08-09-2012, 02:12 PM   #832
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Loved the porthole pics! And John did very well getting the details pictures! I could not see Keith doing that unless it was being smart aleck to me!

I have had caviar and escargot once and that was on our cruise. The escargot was actually decent and I would eat again although it isn't something I would make a habit out of since it seems a bit like eating bugs. The caviar on the other hand....YUCK!!! We had that at the cocktail hour at the Captain's reception so we were all sitting around and I suddenly pulled a Tom Hanks from Big! Thankfully there were plenty of napkins to use! That is something I hope to never have pass my lips again!

The pictures are really making me consider waiting last minute for Chris and see if good military deals come out. We got a good one last night but the dates aren't working for us. 7 nights from Galveston for $75 per person per night. Sounded good to me anyhow!
Old 08-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #833
Victoriasmom98
DIS Veteran

Love the updates Lisa!!! Is it me or are the meal portions small?? Hmmmm.... and for Hunter to go with his meal? Snails? Really? Although I must admit that Victoria tried calamari at Cape May last year. Of course she didn't know what it was before she ate one!!!
Old 08-09-2012, 02:44 PM   #834
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Since I've never been on a Disney cruise, I'm loving all the details and pictures you're giving me. Love the lamp in the cabin that John got a picture of!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 08-09-2012, 02:50 PM   #835
Bridora
DIS Veteran

I also loved your porthole photo shoot pictures! Too cute! So cool that you were able to watch the sunset, too!

So proud of you for trying new foods! I don't know that we were quite that brave - in fact I know none of us ordered the escargot! That was the night we were minus the children at dinner.

Loved that the description of the iced lobster included "micro greens" would that be the tiny green specks on the right edge of the plate?

Arrrrrkansas - love it!

Happy Anniversary - Hope y'all have a great weekend!
2003-My 1st Trip to Disney!-All Star Movies ** 2004-Pop Century ** 2005-All Star Movies ** 2006-Caribbean Beach ** 2007-Caribbean Beach (without the kids!) ** 2008-Port Orleans Riverside ** 2009-Polynesian (we became DVC owners!) ** 2010-Bay Lake Tower**2011-Boardwalk/Beach Club**2012-Dream & Kidani Village**2013-Old Key West
Old 08-09-2012, 03:17 PM   #836
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

Loved the updates, Lisa. I think it is so awesome that John is willing to help you out with your trip reports. My husband always looks at me like a goof when I say I'm taking photos to do a report. Of course, he is the Disney Downer in the family-probably why I am willing to leave him at home for my next trip.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
Old 08-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #837
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Great updates Lisa! Happy Anniversary! I hope you guys have a great time.

Really impressed with you guys, especially Hunter, trying foods outside your comfort zone. Now you don't have to wonder what escargot and caviar tastes like.

We have been kicking around the idea of a stay at Atlantis. Now I know not to plan much, if any, time to explore outside the resort.

I can't believe we're over a year out from our next trip "home" to CBR. But your TR is helping for sure.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #838
orangecats2
All I want is Disney, Crocs and Vera Bradley

Hi! I finally found your cruise TR! YAY!
Do you need passports to go on the cruise and go to Nassau and such?

I won't eat snails! I had a pet snail, Henry, for two years! Snails are friends, not food!

Do you have any more backsacks for sale or that you are making? I'd like to buy one for my friend for Christmas. Thanks.
Vegas: 95-Hacienda, 00-Excalibur, 01-Monte Carlo, 02-Luxor, 05-TI, 07-Tropicana, 10-NY NY
Old 08-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #839
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

LOVE your update!! Tyler would NEVER go out of his comfort zone and order snails...NEVER!! LOL Bravo Hunter for being brave!!! The pics of the ship are just awesome. We always saw it from the road and the CG base across the harbor and always just grand and georgous!!

Old 08-09-2012, 07:42 PM   #840
JanaJohn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
We were all gussied up and ready to eat our dinner so we started out the door and decided to take the stairs again since we had found that the elevators on the 8th floor took quite some time to get there. Huh? Which way was it to the Royal Palace again?
Didn't they provide you with a little map of every deck on the ship when you checked in? On a different cruise line we get a little fold-out map small enough to stick in your pocket. It shows pretty much every place you can go on the ship. Plus before I got on board I was looking at their web site that shows the deck plans including where all the cabins are located. So even before I boarded the ship I had a pretty good idea where most of the major place where. And the dining room was definitely one of the MAJOR PLACES to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
And escargot....well, let’s not pussyfoot around it....they are snails people! I usually fling the snails off my flower pots, not cook ‘em.[/COLOR]
My thought exactly! Thanks for yet another laugh out loud moment!

4/13 POFQ
10/11 BLT
7/07 POFQ
8/85 Golf Resort

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: