Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2012, 11:14 AM   #781
3LittlePirates
Mouseketeer

Loved catching up on your trip report!!! Thank you for all the advice you gave me for the cruise!

I had the air freshner ready...but we never had a poop smell in either of our rooms! So that was awesome!!

We did a spa day the day we were at Nassau....My hubby and I loved the couples massage...it was pure Bliss!!!

Can't wait for your next installment!
Old 08-07-2012, 11:32 AM   #782
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Oh boy. That bus sounds gross to say the least. I'm so sorry that you didn't really enjoy your Nassau day.

Seems like Disney would arrange some of it's own excursions, but there must be a reason that they don't. Local laws or cost of operations or something. It must have been so jarring to go from excellent Disney service to locals and back again.

Does Disney have a Duty Free shop on board? Most of the cruise lines do, so I was curious.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2012, 11:34 AM   #783
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3LittlePirates View Post
Loved catching up on your trip report!!! Thank you for all the advice you gave me for the cruise!

I had the air freshner ready...but we never had a poop smell in either of our rooms! So that was awesome!!

We did a spa day the day we were at Nassau....My hubby and I loved the couples massage...it was pure Bliss!!!

Can't wait for your next installment!
You're welcome! You should do a trip report so we can see and read all about your trip.

I'm happy that you never got a whiff of the poop smell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
I was off a few days...glad to see I didn't fall too far behind!!!
Nope, I move as slow as a snail so you weren't behind.

I'd love to see the pictures of the water sloshing on the cruise ship. If you find them, post 'em here so we can all take a look see.

How cool that your friends got to see so many celebrities. Like you said, even if you're not a big Tom Cruise fan or AI fan, it'd still be neat to see them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhockman View Post
Wait. Hunter is FIFTEEN?! How long have I been gone?!
HEY! I'm so glad to see you back on the Dis! I know....I can't believe that Hunter is 15 already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammyJudy View Post
Your pictures on that little submarine boat so reminded me of the old 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea ride at WDW
You're not the first person who said that. I wonder if that's what the new Little Mermaid attraction will be like.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #784
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Oh boy. That bus sounds gross to say the least. I'm so sorry that you didn't really enjoy your Nassau day.

Seems like Disney would arrange some of it's own excursions, but there must be a reason that they don't. Local laws or cost of operations or something. It must have been so jarring to go from excellent Disney service to locals and back again.

Does Disney have a Duty Free shop on board? Most of the cruise lines do, so I was curious.
I surely thought that the plastic seat covers were there so it would be an easy clean up. I don't think that's what they thought though. It wasn't really nasty but it wasn't exactly clean either.

It was a bit odd going from living in the Disney Dream bubble and going out into Nassau.

I have no idea if there was a duty free shop onboard the Dream or not. Maybe one of the veterans on here can answer that.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-07-2012, 12:26 PM   #785
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

Great updates!!! (Since I haven't been around in a bit)

I've been to Nassau once. I went from the ship to the Dolphin Encounter and back to the ship. That was way back in 2001. Geez, that was a long time ago!

I can't wait to get on one of those Disney ships myself in 8 months!!!!
Old 08-07-2012, 01:26 PM   #786
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

So glad you got your tour in before the rain!

The strawmarket isn't that great, you didn't miss much.

The rum cakes, girl, what were you thinking?! The banana rum cakes are to die for!
Old 08-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #787
bouncycat
DIS Veteran

Alright, just sat here and read the whole thing!! Yep. I'm WAAAY behind in reading stuff. Don't think I finished your PTR either. I do keep in touch on FB, so I guess I'm not THAT bad of a Dis friend!!

Anyways, few pointers, dang girl, you made me homesick with the Canaveral pictures!! UG! We should close on selling our house in a couple of weeks, so no more residents of that house BOOHOO!! LOVE the CBR pics, I remember when we stayed there once, we had all sorts of wildlife, and a snake by our rooms, but of course we had boys that wanted to play with it, Chris included!! HAHA

LOVE how you had a CG ship in your pics, I'm sure you didn't realize it, but it did make my day, and when Chris came home, I told him all about it. Of course he asked what I was doing, told him reading, and remember the people we met outside of Soarin that just got off a cruise? He said yep, and I said their trip report. AH...cool. That's what I got LOL Our boys are SOOO similar, they both have to have their games/ipods/phones and whatever else is hip that particular day.

I took a cruise and stopped in Freeport Bahamas when I was 16, and the taxi driver we had was CRAZY, but you know what? NYC cabbies are worse!!

The underwater excursion was really cool. We LOVE looking at the marine life! There's SOOO much in that part of FL. We had a boat, yea, had to sell that too, and remember seeing dolphins, and a manatee chewing on the motor. Yep. Couldn't move until that bugger left us!! So, after making me homesick, I am gonna tell ya Awesome updates, all of it!! I soo miss WDW, not going back until my 40th birthday in 2014. So....gotta learn to live thru others!! Keep the updates comin girl!!

Old 08-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #788
megan511
Mouseketeer

I just got all caught up.

I liked seeing the excursions. That submarine does look like the 20'000 Leagues Under the Sea ride. Looks fun!

I'm sorry the Nassau tour didn't go perfect. Between the rain and the bus...I laughed about the Amazing Race. The driving on that show stresses me out!

How were the rum cakes? I have heard they are really good.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #789
Mrs. Buzz Lightyear
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink
So glad you got your tour in before the rain!

The strawmarket isn't that great, you didn't miss much.

The rum cakes, girl, what were you thinking?! The banana rum cakes are to die for!
I agree banana rum cakes are to die for!!!!

Many Happy Visits Since 1987

Next Visit: Fall 2015

Now approaching the Carousel of Progress

We have 999 happy haunts here, but there's room for a thousand. Any volunteers?? If you should decide to join us, final arrangements, may be made at the end of the tour

Old 08-07-2012, 05:43 PM   #790
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Too bad that the rain messed up your plans!!! At least you were able to get some sightseeing in!
Old 08-07-2012, 09:10 PM   #791
Mom&RN
Mouseketeer

Years ago (I'm not saying how many) my folks and my sister and I spent a christmas vacation sailing around the caribbean. We rented a "bare" boat (no captain or crew, we did our own sailing) which was, at the time, a fairly affordable way to see the caribbean. I still remember that the water was beautiful, the natural scenery was gorgeous but the popluated areas were not the "paradise" we may all picture, most were poor and fairly "ramshackle". I don't mean that disrespectfully, I grew up in backwoods Vermont so I'm pretty familiar with ramshackle! Somehow, going down there I think we all picture that everything is going to be as gorgeous as the scenery!

2003 - Offsite, 2006 - Offsite, 2007 - Pop, 2009 - AKL, 2010 - CBR, 2011 - Pop, Jan 2013 - BC (WITH Non-DH!!), Sep 2013 - CBR (girls trip!), Feb 2014 - BW (conference), May 2014 - WL (club level!)
Old 08-07-2012, 10:39 PM   #792
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Aw man! That totally stinks that it had to rain so much when yall were in Nassau! But holy cow.... 65% tax when you buy a car?!

I've never heard of these rum cakes! Which one was your favorite?

Old 08-07-2012, 11:02 PM   #793
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Sorry you had such a rainy day for your excursion. And yucky bus seats...

So far, not impressed with Nassau. I know that it's a poverty stricken area, but I think I'd stay to the beach and ship.
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 08-08-2012, 07:29 AM   #794
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Sounds like your tour of Nassau was not entirely enjoyable!

We took an afternoon tour of the city during our trip in April (I haven't posted that chapter in my Atlantis report yet, I am totally neglecting finishing that one up until my Disney trip report is over). We drove past Fort Fincastle, but we stopped and toured Fort Charlotte. We also spent a few minutes at Fort Montagu. Really glad we did, Ben loves forts.

It was just the 4 of us, and another couple along with our van driver.

Even in the good weather, most of our tour was driving past sites and having the driver tell us what they were.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:35 AM   #795
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

Ahhh Nassau Looks so pretty from the safety of the water lol!
Lke I previously said we are going in October but I made the decision this time to stay just on Paradise Island.....Atlantis, Riu, Blue Lagoon is where you will find us When we went on our cruise we did our excursion and then explored Nassau and it was just me and my mom and we got turned around, and it's not totally frightening but it's definitely not home either.....a gentleman from our cruise actually ran into is and stayed along with us till we got back to port (which we greatly appreciated!)
Glad you made it back and Disney had warm towels for you, love those Disney touches

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: