Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2012, 01:26 PM   #736
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

We went on a glass bottom boat tour in Grand Cayman and I had the same issue with my camera! Sometimes I find I miss things because I am tryign to figure out my camera. I think maybe I am gettign smart enouogh to give up trying and enjoy the moment....sometimes! But I do love being able to see under the sea!!! Great update!!!

Those grey skies look ominous...was that a result of Debbie or just rainy weather?
Old 08-02-2012, 01:26 PM   #737
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Looks like fun, except for the Dad not caring about his kid!

I thought the underwater pics looked good. You can certainly see the fish well enough, and the coral too!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #738
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
$20,000 or $25,000 for a night? $80,000 or $100,000 for a length of stay? Really? What's the difference? If you are so rich that you can afford to stay there you probably can't even come out of your suite for fear of being recognized. But, then again - why would you ever need to leave?
Yeah, what's another $20/$25K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
I am glad my story brought some chuckles! If I tell the full story, it is much better but I gave the cliff note version! I was raised Southern Baptist so you'd think that would constitute using an iron...right!?

On our cruise we never felt the boat rock until the final night. I have pictures of the waves and they were huge! They would come over the deck which was level 8 or 9! There was some serious rocking going on and a lot of people got sea sick...thankfully my motion sickness pills worked but I still felt queasy!

Wow! Those houses were amazing!!!! I wonder who will get Tom Cruise's house...him or Katie? And the $25,000 suite...holy cow!!!!
Holy smokes! Waves were coming over level 8 and 9? I'd be popping motion sickness pills like they were tic tacs.

I'm pretty sure the Nassau mansion goes to Tom according to the pre-nup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Glad that you were able to make it onto the tour!!! Those houses are really pretty, and I'm sure really expensive! That suite looks pretty fancy too!
If I hadn't been quick to run up and down those flights of stairs, we may have missed out on a great excursion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post
We are staying at the Riu! But our family friends who are traveling with us are staying at Comfort Suites!! So thank you for your report, I'm off to read that!

And I cannot imagine spending that much money for one night (even if I had Oprah money ) Just crazy, now I want to see the inside of it!

I edited to add that I LOVED the navigation channel too!! When we flew international they had it on Continental and I was always checking it then and on the cruise!
I wonder what the inside of the MJ suite looks like too. That's the Nosey Rosey coming out in me.

Isn't the navigation channel great!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-02-2012, 01:43 PM   #739
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristEn87 View Post
I usually lurk, but I love reading all of your trip reports!!

I apologize if this has been talked about already, but about the buffet in Cabanas, apparently when the buffet was thought up and created they intended for people to just go up to the station they wanted food from and grab it rather than wait in lines which were probably the "cutters" However, I think we're conditioned to waiting in lines at buffets and so that's what most people do. I know I'm guilty of waiting in the line, I just feel weird going up and getting food if I see someone waiting.

On the Magic and the Wonder the buffets are just straight lines so you do have to wait.

Love the report!
Oh so THAT'S why everybody was "cutting" at the buffet. I kinda wondered if that was how it was supposed to be set up. But, then I'd look at the long line of folks at the end of the buffet and I wasn't sure.

I hope that you'll continue to post. I enjoy hearing from others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridora View Post
I was a few posts behind, so........

How cool that you saw dolphins, sting rays, & manatee! Um, guess I was looking elsewhere while standing on the rail watching us sail away because I saw none of those guys!

That Panini looks so so good - even at 9:45 am!

We must have had the same restaurant rotation because we had Enchanted Garden the first night as well, late seating. I know I caught a glimpse of y'all the next night at Royal Palace. I really wanted to sit at one of those tables you got, too! Was it fun?

Can't wait to hear more about your excursion!
What the heck were you doing when we sailed away? Next time we go on a cruise at the same time, you need to hang out with us. We were spotting the sea life left and right.

Oh no...we didn't get to sit in one of the pretty round tables, we were shown right past 'em. Right to the very back of the restaurant.

You shoulda said something when we were at the Royal Palace. I know that we kept watching for ya'll too.

Oh a side note, Ya'll don't happen to be going to Hot Springs next weekend are you? We'll be there August 10th, 11th and part of the 12th. If Mama goes with us, we'll probably just sightsee in town but if she doesn't, I think we're going to Magic Springs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I would have kicked John right in his backside for not having his ID! After I had calmed down from my brain explosion from his admission that he didn't have it!

Good thing you didn't get lost either way!

I hate cold food, I hope this was a one time thing.

I can't wait to see what you saw on the sea!
Honey, if I thought I would have had time to kick John, I would have. As I was running out of the lounge, I was thinking in my head....turned left and then up four flights of stairs, veer to my left again....... I was so afraid I'd not be able to find my way back.

Just posted pictures of our Sea tour!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 08-02-2012, 01:53 PM   #740
ljcrochet
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a lot of fun.
We usually do breakfast in the main dining room while on a cruise. I can't deal with people on a buffet line.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #741
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Great update!

My son says those fish with the pointy snouts are Ballihoo, a bait fish. He had no idea what the yellow and white ones were, except that he got bit by one at Castaway Cay and they have teeth.

I don't understand parents who don't watch their kids? I always wonder if John Quinones is going to pop out and ask why I didn't say anything, because it seems the kids are doing outrageous things and the parent is oblivious.

For my lumix, it seems that airplane mode works the best to shoot through a window. I use that setting for aquarium pictures or glass displays at the zoo and Busch Gardens.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:02 PM   #742
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
We went on a glass bottom boat tour in Grand Cayman and I had the same issue with my camera! Sometimes I find I miss things because I am tryign to figure out my camera. I think maybe I am gettign smart enouogh to give up trying and enjoy the moment....sometimes! But I do love being able to see under the sea!!! Great update!!!

Those grey skies look ominous...was that a result of Debbie or just rainy weather?
I finally gave up and just took pictures with whatever setting it was on at the time. If I had kept working with the camera, I would have missed seeing a lot of great things.

I believe that was a result of Debbie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Looks like fun, except for the Dad not caring about his kid!

I thought the underwater pics looked good. You can certainly see the fish well enough, and the coral too!
I was so nervous that the kid was going to fall overboard.

Thanks! The pictures that I posted are the best of the worst.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:05 PM   #743
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljcrochet View Post
Sounds like a lot of fun.
We usually do breakfast in the main dining room while on a cruise. I can't deal with people on a buffet line.
I need to keep that in mind if we ever go on another cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Great update!

My son says those fish with the pointy snouts are Ballihoo, a bait fish. He had no idea what the yellow and white ones were, except that he got bit by one at Castaway Cay and they have teeth.

I don't understand parents who don't watch their kids? I always wonder if John Quinones is going to pop out and ask why I didn't say anything, because it seems the kids are doing outrageous things and the parent is oblivious.

For my lumix, it seems that airplane mode works the best to shoot through a window. I use that setting for aquarium pictures or glass displays at the zoo and Busch Gardens.
Oh my! The yellow and white ones have teeth? Ouch!

I don't understand folks who don't watch their kids either. I am not an overly protective mother but I do watch to make sure they aren't doing something that could cause them or somebody else harm.

I need to see if my camera has an airplane mode and try it out!

Old 08-02-2012, 02:06 PM   #744
Bridora
DIS Veteran

I must have been looking more at the shore line than in the water -- silly me!

And I completely forgot to comment about John not having his license at first! You know how you didn't know you can't bring an iron on board? Well, some people (ahem!) didn't know you had to take your driver's license off with you when you left! I totally understand how he didn't have it, but I agree with you that multiple microphone announcements should have been enough to jog that memory! But then again, if he's anything like Davis, he didn't hear a word of it, microphone or no!

We don't have plans to go as of now, but that could easily be changed!
2003-My 1st Trip to Disney!-All Star Movies ** 2004-Pop Century ** 2005-All Star Movies ** 2006-Caribbean Beach ** 2007-Caribbean Beach (without the kids!) ** 2008-Port Orleans Riverside ** 2009-Polynesian (we became DVC owners!) ** 2010-Bay Lake Tower**2011-Boardwalk/Beach Club**2012-Dream & Kidani Village**2013-Old Key West
Old 08-02-2012, 02:46 PM   #745
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post

I wonder what the inside of the MJ suite looks like too. That's the Nosey Rosey coming out in me.
Just google "Michael Jackson Suite" -- one of the first hits is Atlantis and there are plenty of pictures.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #746
johnsonmatt3
Let us not lose sight of one thing, It was all started by a mouse. - Walt Disney

I love how most all cruise lines mess with towels and then add your personal items to make a 'sculpture'. I also like the mickey on the back of the boat. What did you mean by 'microphone'?
Welcome aboard the Walt Disney World monorail system.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3074209
Old 08-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #747
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

I was way behind!

So you were the sneaky lady that brought the iron aboard? I had to laugh that it took 3 men to come tell one little lady about the iron like it might take two of them to restrain you from trying to get your iron back

That neat that they had on tv the map of where you were and how deep the water was!

That's also cool you got to see some of the celebrity's homes. I think I would have really liked the sub part.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:46 PM   #748
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridora View Post
I must have been looking more at the shore line than in the water -- silly me!

And I completely forgot to comment about John not having his license at first! You know how you didn't know you can't bring an iron on board? Well, some people (ahem!) didn't know you had to take your driver's license off with you when you left! I totally understand how he didn't have it, but I agree with you that multiple microphone announcements should have been enough to jog that memory! But then again, if he's anything like Davis, he didn't hear a word of it, microphone or no!

We don't have plans to go as of now, but that could easily be changed!
Well, you can see from my pictures that were started out looking at the shoreline but once that first manatee caught our eye, we were looking down constantly.

The driver's license incident definitely taught John a lesson. The boy took it with him everywhere after that.

If we do go, I'll let you know. Who knows...we might all be in Hot Springs at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Just google "Michael Jackson Suite" -- one of the first hits is Atlantis and there are plenty of pictures.
I need to do that!

Old 08-02-2012, 03:49 PM   #749
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonmatt3 View Post
I love how most all cruise lines mess with towels and then add your personal items to make a 'sculpture'. I also like the mickey on the back of the boat. What did you mean by 'microphone'?
They were, literally, holding a microphone greeting everybody who entered the room. Then, when they were ready to check guests in for the various excursions, they were making the announcements on the microphone. John just chose not to hear the announcements I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
I was way behind!

So you were the sneaky lady that brought the iron aboard? I had to laugh that it took 3 men to come tell one little lady about the iron like it might take two of them to restrain you from trying to get your iron back

That neat that they had on tv the map of where you were and how deep the water was!

That's also cool you got to see some of the celebrity's homes. I think I would have really liked the sub part.
I've been meaning to ask how the job hunting is going. Any luck yet?

Oh yeah, I was the criminal who brought the iron onboard and yep, three men came to let me know that it had been confiscated.

The See and Sea tour...parts 1 and 2...were great!

Old 08-02-2012, 05:02 PM   #750
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Great updates, those skies did look ominous, glad that the rains seem to have held off for you, at least for parts 1 and 2.

I have been on something similar to that glass bottom boat/semi submarine, it was an actual submarine that went under, I actually think it was called The Atlantis, in Grand Cayman, (very similar to the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, although the seating on yours is like that too.

I remember the pictures not turning out real great then, too, I guess it's something to do with the water, it gets kind of murky under there with the boat turning up sand sometimes, too.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: