Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2012, 07:15 AM   #706
deedeew80
Dreaming of My Prince

Hi Lisa! Great update! I'm not one for breakfast either, especially a breakfast buffet! LOL! Those were some beautiful homes! Can't wait to read more!!! Have a great day!

Old 08-01-2012, 09:12 AM   #707
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

We saw the celebrity houses on a glass bottom boat tour a few years ago! Oprahs 2nd home (right next door) was referred to as her guest home!!! It was the same size! LOL ooohhh to have Oprah money!
We are going to Paradise Island in October, staying right next to Atlantis, so I'm on mission to find out about that suite!
Great update, can't wait to hear about Mickey Pirate!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2012, 09:26 AM   #708
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeew80 View Post
Hi Lisa! Great update! I'm not one for breakfast either, especially a breakfast buffet! LOL! Those were some beautiful homes! Can't wait to read more!!! Have a great day!
I like breakfast but usually at dinner time. I know....we are backwards kinda people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post
We saw the celebrity houses on a glass bottom boat tour a few years ago! Oprahs 2nd home (right next door) was referred to as her guest home!!! It was the same size! LOL ooohhh to have Oprah money!
We are going to Paradise Island in October, staying right next to Atlantis, so I'm on mission to find out about that suite!
I remember that second home that belonged to Oprah.....man what I wouldn't give to be her "guest".

Do your best investigation work and find out if what we were told is really true.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 08-01-2012, 09:30 AM   #709
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Those houses are amazing! Lifestyles of the rich and famous for sure!

I have heard about that suite in Atlantis, but that's the first time I have heard it called the Michael Jackson suite, so I'm not entirely sure that's correct. I have also heard the price is somewhere around 20-25K a night. Not sure about the length of stay. I am certain that suite is twice as big as my house. Can't imagine. WOW!
I thought about Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous too when I saw those houses!

The tour guide may have told us that it was $20,000 but I know that the minimum stay X the rate equaled to either $100,000 or a bit more! I guess when you've got that much money what's another $20,000 or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
That is some deep water!!!! We go out deep sea fishing in Mississippi and I always freak out about the depth of water. My husband always tells me not to worry. He thinks it calms me down to tell me that whether the water is 15 feet deep or 200ft.(9300 ft. in your case) you are in trouble either way if you fall in. If the water is over your head, you are in trouble.
Your husband sounds like John. He says stuff that he thinks is going to calm me down but it really raises my anxiety level.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 08-01-2012, 10:32 AM   #710
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post

Hijack here!

Are you staying at the Comfort Suites or someplace else? We stayed at the CS in April. I have a mini trip review going in my Welcome Foolish Muggles TR, lots of pictures of the room and resort (and Atlantis).

In between the two towers of the building is the Bridge Suite. According to Forbes Magazine, this is the most expensive hotel room in the world, $25,000 a night.

We now return to our regularly scheduled awesome trip report!
Old 08-01-2012, 10:41 AM   #711
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Loved your update Lisa!

This cracked me up!!!

Good night Hunter! I love you! Say your prayers. See you in the morning in a different country.

Good night John Boy! I love you! Tomorrow, we’ll be in the Bahamas.

Good night Mrs. My Iron Was Confiscated! Love You! See you in your wrinkled clothes in the morning!

I agree that the Navigation channel is awesome. I think it would have the same kind of fascination to me as Stacey does. You can't believe you are watching it, but you can't pull yourself away!

Great pictures of the homes of the rich and famous! I can believe that about the yachts. We saw quite a few while we were in Nassau.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #712
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Great update!!

Whew! Glad you got back just in time with John's ID.

Those are some beautiful homes!!

Can't wait to read more about your excursion!!

Old 08-01-2012, 12:17 PM   #713
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Great updates! Loving the pictures. You sure got your exercise running back to your room. Bet he didn't forget his license after that.
Old 08-01-2012, 12:39 PM   #714
sherylcin
Mouseketeer

This statement:

"The sea depth was 2190 feet. Geeze Louise! That’s some deeeeeep water!"

is why I can never go on a cruise! Just can't handle knowing there's THAT MUCH water under me. And then it got even deeper!

Sooo funny about John not having his license. Did you give him "the look"? I would have done exactly what you did except I'm not sure I'd have made it back without getting lost. Beautiful pictures of Nassau. Love the Caribbean house colors. I've only been to St. Maarten in the Caribbean but I remember being fascinated by all the yachts there as well.
2008 - DVC Members! Animal Kingdom Villas/Boardwalk Villas; 2009 - Offsite at Marriott's Grande Vista; 2010 - Grand Californian Villas in Disneyland; 2011 - BLT and Beach Club; 2012 - Ashton's Surprise 13th BD Trip at POP; 2013-OKW and BC in January then Offsite for Thanksgiving at Sheraton Vistana Villages; 2014 - Offsite at Marriott's Cypress Harbour for quick unplanned surprise trip.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:53 PM   #715
Urugami
DISdad #690

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
You can see one of the gray boats I was talking about in this next picture
I think I saw it.. was it upside-down on the pier next to the gray SHIP?...
Oy vey, landlubbers!
DISdad #690

ME (Chris) DW DS(8)
76,82,83,86DL,92DL,93,95,96,01,01/02,01/03,06/03,01/09ASM,11/09CBR,11/10CBR,04/12CBR,02/13POR,03/14CBR
Old 08-01-2012, 02:19 PM   #716
meandmynana
Earning My Ears

trip

Will be reading all the future posts!
Old 08-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #717
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by meandmynana View Post
Will be reading all the future posts!
Welcome aboard! I hope you'll continue to read along and post your thoughts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urugami View Post
I think I saw it.. was it upside-down on the pier next to the gray SHIP?...
Oy vey, landlubbers!

Old 08-01-2012, 02:35 PM   #718
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylcin View Post
This statement:

"The sea depth was 2190 feet. Geeze Louise! That’s some deeeeeep water!"

is why I can never go on a cruise! Just can't handle knowing there's THAT MUCH water under me. And then it got even deeper!

Sooo funny about John not having his license. Did you give him "the look"? I would have done exactly what you did except I'm not sure I'd have made it back without getting lost. Beautiful pictures of Nassau. Love the Caribbean house colors. I've only been to St. Maarten in the Caribbean but I remember being fascinated by all the yachts there as well.
Oh yeah, he got "the look". That's why he was so relieved when I can running back in with his license.

The colors of the buildings on Nassau reminded me of the colors at the Caribbean Beach Resort. Of course, not on such a grand scale as those in Nassau.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Great updates! Loving the pictures. You sure got your exercise running back to your room. Bet he didn't forget his license after that.
I sure did get my exercise! I was huffing and puffing by the time I got back.

Old 08-01-2012, 02:39 PM   #719
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Great update!!

Whew! Glad you got back just in time with John's ID.

Those are some beautiful homes!!

Can't wait to read more about your excursion!!
Thanks Angie! I was running up and down those stairs like Rocky Balboa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Loved your update Lisa!

This cracked me up!!!

Good night Hunter! I love you! Say your prayers. See you in the morning in a different country.

Good night John Boy! I love you! Tomorrow, we’ll be in the Bahamas.

Good night Mrs. My Iron Was Confiscated! Love You! See you in your wrinkled clothes in the morning!

I agree that the Navigation channel is awesome. I think it would have the same kind of fascination to me as Stacey does. You can't believe you are watching it, but you can't pull yourself away!

Great pictures of the homes of the rich and famous! I can believe that about the yachts. We saw quite a few while we were in Nassau.
The guys were definitely not going to let me live down the fact that I had something confiscated from our stateroom.

I found myself watching the navigation channel a lot. It was just so neat to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Hijack here!

Are you staying at the Comfort Suites or someplace else? We stayed at the CS in April. I have a mini trip review going in my Welcome Foolish Muggles TR, lots of pictures of the room and resort (and Atlantis).

In between the two towers of the building is the Bridge Suite. According to Forbes Magazine, this is the most expensive hotel room in the world, $25,000 a night.

We now return to our regularly scheduled awesome trip report!
Every time I hear of someone going to Atlantis, I think of you Dee.

I thought I remembered the suit being $25,000 a night.

Old 08-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #720
megan511
Mouseketeer

Love the update! I was quite a few times. With Your family's version of the Waltons and your husband not hearing tht he needed his ID from you or the guy with the microphone! I'm the same as you, I would have been the one running to the room. I wouldn't have trusted my DH to get back in time.

I would have been fascinated by knowing where the ship was too. Not sure that I would want to know how deep the water is though

Wow those houses are so beautiful. That suite is $25K a night! Oh my, is it bathed in gold and made of rainbows? I think even if I had the $ I wouldn't pay $25k a night! Not that I will ever have that issue!

I do hope the rain held off for you all. can't wait to read more!

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: