Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2012, 09:50 PM   #676
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I'll come back and post the rest of my replies tomorrow. The dryer just stopped and Heaven forbid I don't take the clothes out right away to avoid wrinkles. You know me and my iron "issues".

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-28-2012, 09:57 PM   #677
Tiggerrn2
DIS Veteran

So, the iron was the culprit, eh?! Imagine, getting hauled off to security for wanting to be pressed! Sad that they couldn't fix the odor problem instead of merely acknowledging that their was one. Same sort of thing happened to us at Coronado Springs. I knew it was the shower curtain smelling like old sour towels-told housekeeping and all she did was turn on the fan. I could have done that much.And it didn't help. Guess they aren't much for fixing smelling problems.
August 1981 offsite-Kissimmee WDW-Magic Kingdom August 1984 offsite-Celebration WDW-MK and Epcot, Sea World, Kennedy Space Center April 1987 offsite WDW-MK 15 year celebration January 1990 offsite WDW-MGM June 1996 CBR WDW-MK, Epcot and MGM / Universal Studios October 2004 AKL WDW-MK, Epcot, MGM and AK with MNSSHP July 2005 Happiest Celebration on Earth - Disneyland and DCA / San Diego -Sea World and Wild Animal Park October 2006 WL and MNSSHP. July 2007 Disneyland and DCA / San Francisco June 2008 DL and DCA Grand Californian wedding August 2008 Beach Club All Parks April 2009 DL and DCA DD 11th BirthdayOctober2009 POR Food/Wine and MNSSHP Moms Only December 2010-First Holiday Trip July 2011 Disneyland Hotel DL and DCA June 2012 CSR and Poly Sept/Oct 2012 CBR Mom's only with MNSSHP July and Aug 2013 POP to Beach Club with the boys then Girls Only at A of A to AKL
Check out My Beach Club Trip Report - loads of pixhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....ferrerid=98667
TR from 2012 "How Could You?" http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009569.
New TR in progress-The "How Could You" Rides Again - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3172306
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2012, 12:54 AM   #678
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

LOL I just knew it would be the iron too! Sorry you had to have security involved, I would have thought that the cabin steward would be able to take care of it and not have to involve the security officer.

Glad you liked your first dinner! That is a beautiful dining room. Sorry the tables were cramped.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
Old 07-29-2012, 07:06 AM   #679
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Hahahaha I had no idea you couldn't bring an iron on board! At least you found that other iron in case of wrinkle emergency!
Old 07-29-2012, 07:44 AM   #680
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Oh poor thing! I bet your DS was bummed that he couldn't keep his toy pistol with him.
Yes, Ben was sad when they took his toy gun.

And then my helpful husband commented "We'll never see that again!" and sent both boys into hysterics!

But sure enough, there it was in Miami when we went to claim it.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:46 AM   #681
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

I fully understand why they don't allow irons. In 1968 (give or take a year or two) at the ripe old age of 13 (give or take a year or two) I placed a hot iron on a hotel room rug and left a huge iron print. My parents tried desperately to hide it by moving furniture, but of course that didn't work. The hotel, btw, was the Eden Roc in Miami Beach -- at the time it was the second most expensive hotel in Miami. We didn't normally travel that way but my father's company paid for this trip, so we were treated to a vacation like none other we ever took. Irons are evil and will make bad things happen.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:18 PM   #682
deedeew80
Dreaming of My Prince

Hi Lisa! An IRON!!!!! What are we going to do with you, you bad bad girl!!!???!!!! I guess you will be triple checking if you are allowed to bring an iron on any future trips anywhere!!!!!!

Old 07-29-2012, 10:27 PM   #683
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Tsk, tsk, tsk!!!!

Oh too funny! I hope you were able to retrieve your iron out of "jail" at the end of the cruise!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 07-30-2012, 11:56 AM   #684
GaRain
DIS Veteran

I don't believe I have ever known anyone that packed an iron when going on vacation....but at least I know for my cruise later this year to leave that at home!
Old 07-30-2012, 02:17 PM   #685
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaRain View Post
I don't believe I have ever known anyone that packed an iron when going on vacation....but at least I know for my cruise later this year to leave that at home!
It's odd that I pack an iron because I hate ironing. Definitely make sure you don't take the iron with you on the cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Tsk, tsk, tsk!!!!

Oh too funny! I hope you were able to retrieve your iron out of "jail" at the end of the cruise!
I debated on whether or not to even stop and get the iron. Was the humiliation of going to security really worth a $35 iron?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeew80 View Post
Hi Lisa! An IRON!!!!! What are we going to do with you, you bad bad girl!!!???!!!! I guess you will be triple checking if you are allowed to bring an iron on any future trips anywhere!!!!!!
What can I say? I'm a rebel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
I fully understand why they don't allow irons. In 1968 (give or take a year or two) at the ripe old age of 13 (give or take a year or two) I placed a hot iron on a hotel room rug and left a huge iron print. My parents tried desperately to hide it by moving furniture, but of course that didn't work. The hotel, btw, was the Eden Roc in Miami Beach -- at the time it was the second most expensive hotel in Miami. We didn't normally travel that way but my father's company paid for this trip, so we were treated to a vacation like none other we ever took. Irons are evil and will make bad things happen.
Oh my goodness! I wonder how much they ended up having to pay the hotel for the iron print.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Yes, Ben was sad when they took his toy gun.

And then my helpful husband commented "We'll never see that again!" and sent both boys into hysterics!

But sure enough, there it was in Miami when we went to claim it.
That sounds like something John would have done. Sometimes, we don't realize that we are making a situation even worse.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 07-30-2012, 02:21 PM   #686
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Hahahaha I had no idea you couldn't bring an iron on board! At least you found that other iron in case of wrinkle emergency!
I didn't know that bringing an iron onboard was a no-no!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
LOL I just knew it would be the iron too! Sorry you had to have security involved, I would have thought that the cabin steward would be able to take care of it and not have to involve the security officer.

Glad you liked your first dinner! That is a beautiful dining room. Sorry the tables were cramped.
I'm not sure if Mr. White Uniform was a security officer or what his exact title was. I'm thinking he wasn't because we had another Mr. White Uniform help us find our restaurant the next night.

The tables in the back of The Enchanted Garden were pretty tightly packed but at least the people beside us were nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
So, the iron was the culprit, eh?! Imagine, getting hauled off to security for wanting to be pressed! Sad that they couldn't fix the odor problem instead of merely acknowledging that their was one. Same sort of thing happened to us at Coronado Springs. I knew it was the shower curtain smelling like old sour towels-told housekeeping and all she did was turn on the fan. I could have done that much.And it didn't help. Guess they aren't much for fixing smelling problems.
A gosh darn iron caused such a ruckus! Can you believe it!?!

Sour towel smell? YUCK! Uh, yeah, you could have turned on that fan all by yourself. You'd think they would have at least sprayed it down with some Lysol or bleach or something.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #687
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
We climbed Chitzen Itza. I don't think they let people go up anymore. Maybe due to my panic attack? My story is one people love for me to tell...it includes strangers' sharing their water, DH thinking we were going to have to relocate since I was never going down and meeting a complete stranger from Ireland that helped me down (along with DH) step by step on our rumps while my eyes were clamped closed...it wasn't a pretty moment. More shameful was as I was collecting myself at the bottom we see this nice little 90 year old woman from our ship (who used a walker and people helped her on and off the elevator climbing down BY HERSELF!!! Yeah, again not my finest moment!! I am sorry also for that hijack Lisa!!

Love the sea life viewing!! I would have been mesmerized! And that panini looked very yummy!!

I never iron! It is against my religion and now I have an even better reason....I could have it confiscated!! Hunter's comment could have come directly from Madison's mouth! And John's reaction would have been Keith's...for that matter I would have thrown my shoes at them too!! Great story!!!!
Definitely no need to apologize for sharing your story 'cause it was funny! I am sorry but I did.

Hum, I was raised Church of God and John was raised Assembly of God.....wonder if there's a clause about ironing that I didn't know about. I need check that out since Somebody up there may be telling me to stop ironing. Just kidding!

Hunter and his Dad wasted no time, whatsoever, in getting their jabs in at me. (Like I would expect any different. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearloch View Post
Here is my reason for Not Ironing !!!! lol love it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
An iron! I had a feeling that was it when you told the story about ironing John and Hunter's pants.

A quick story about rough waters---During the only cruise I've ever been on, we apparently hit a rough spot heading to Nassau. The water was sloshing out over the edge of the pool!
Oh my word! I don't know that I could have handled seas that rough.

Old 07-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #688
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Oh my word! I don't know that I could have handled seas that rough.
Well, don't go to Bermuda on a cruise then, LOL! I have been on a few of those, from Philly, NYC and NJ and let me tell you, every time at least one direction is very rough (there or back). The water sloshing over the sides of the pool, sloshing in the water glasses at dinner, etc. One time they had the sea sick bags all down the hall in the handrails. Another time they were making announcements to not go outside and for ladies to avoid wearing high heeled shoes!

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
Old 07-30-2012, 07:03 PM   #689
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Well, don't go to Bermuda on a cruise then, LOL! I have been on a few of those, from Philly, NYC and NJ and let me tell you, every time at least one direction is very rough (there or back). The water sloshing over the sides of the pool, sloshing in the water glasses at dinner, etc. One time they had the sea sick bags all down the hall in the handrails. Another time they were making announcements to not go outside and for ladies to avoid wearing high heeled shoes!
Yikes! That sounds like the cruise my sister went on. She said that there were so many people that got sea sick that their stateroom host said only about 30% of the people were actually well enough to dine in the restaurants.

Old 07-30-2012, 07:05 PM   #690
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

I spent quite some time this afternoon writing an installment and then it was time to shut down the office. I thought that I had forwarded the document to myself but I guess I didn't so I'll have to finish it up and post it tomorrow.

Hope that everybody is keeping cool. It was 113 in the car this afternoon and had only cooled off to 107 by the time I got home. Our outside thermometer says 103 and it's cloudy out.

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 07-30-2012 at 07:25 PM.

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: