Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2012, 06:46 AM   #661
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinksThree View Post
We climbed Chitzen Itza. I don't think they let people go up anymore. Maybe due to my panic attack? My story is one people love for me to tell...it includes strangers' sharing their water, DH thinking we were going to have to relocate since I was never going down and meeting a complete stranger from Ireland that helped me down (along with DH) step by step on our rumps while my eyes were clamped closed...it wasn't a pretty moment. More shameful was as I was collecting myself at the bottom we see this nice little 90 year old woman from our ship (who used a walker and people helped her on and off the elevator climbing down BY HERSELF!!! Yeah, again not my finest moment!! I am sorry also for that hijack Lisa!!

Thanks for sharing the story! I believe you are correct, tourists can no longer climb Chitzen Itza. But I didn't know it was YOUR fault!

As long as we are hijacking... my son and I had a minor freakout climbing the Coba pyramid. I believe it is the 2nd highest Mayan pyramid (the tallest is in Guatemala). I know the descent on your rump routine.

When we got down, I was angered watching a guy carrying his 1 year old son up the pyramid. REALLY???

OK, back to our regularly scheduled trip report
Old 07-27-2012, 06:55 AM   #662
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Oh, Lisa!

Great story!

How nice of Mr. John to continually throw you under the bus!!! I hope you know that there are lots of friends willing to bail you out if (when) you get in trouble again.

We had a little item confiscated when we were boarding our cruise after visiting Nassau. We had gone to the Pirate Museum, and my 6 year old son had purchased an (obviously) toy pistol from the gift shop. When we went through security, they told us "We'll take that" I figured he meant through security, but no, they handed us that little white receipt and said we could pick up the toy gun at the airport in Miami!

Wow, that dining room is BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm sorry it was so cramped.

All of the food looks yummy, and I would be right there with John enjoying a second helping of Sea Bass. Mmmmm!

Sorry to hear Hunter was reluctant to ask for French fries. I'm sure they get much stranger and difficult requests than that.

Can't wait to hear more about your trip, now that you are out on parole.

I was thinking about you during the trip because I knew there were storms a'brewing while you were on the water.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2012, 07:56 AM   #663
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

LOL! An iron! Too funny!

We frequently asked for seconds of a certain appetizer or dessert at dinner....or even to have 2 different ones so we could try everything. A lot of people aren't aware that's allowed but we had cruise veterans at our table who clued us in!

Uh-oh...a storm. I hope it doesn't cause too many issues for you.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:08 AM   #664
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

An iron??? Seriously??? OMG -- that is TOO funny!!!

Though honestly -- I think I'd be a little squicked knowing that someone just felt free to enter my room when I was not there to do a "routine check" and take things out of my room. I know that I would not feel comfortable for the rest of the trip... Is this a common thing on a cruise?

May 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report and
The AutoTrain, Disney World and More! Trip Report

October 2008 - Caribbean Beach
Pre-Trip Report and Trip Report
Old 07-27-2012, 08:53 AM   #665
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

You are naughty!! An iron!

I would have had no idea that you couldn't bring an iron on board either.

Dinner sounds delicious! How nice that John got two servings of the seabass,and that Hunter got a little special attention.

How not nice that the tables were so close, and that Mr. No Manners was your neighbor.

I hope that the table for the next night's dinner was better!
Old 07-27-2012, 11:01 AM   #666
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I so needed a laugh today and when I saw you had done an update, I knew where I'd get it. I'm surprised they didn't make you walk the plank, you naughty, naughty girl.

Great update, Lisa. Dinner looked really, really yummy (especially Hunter's birthday dessert).
Old 07-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #667
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

An iron!! That's too funny!! Who would have thought you couldn't bring an iron on a cruise? Not me.

All the food you had looks very yummy! I didn't realize that you could have seconds or they would bring you more of something else. I'll have to tell DH. I know he would like that!
Old 07-27-2012, 04:11 PM   #668
MEK
DIS Veteran

You didn't take food pictures, but you took pictures of the laundry room! Where are your priorities? Fortunately, your borrowed pictures did the trick. Yum!

Oh, that annoying man. Ugh! Who needs that on vacation.

Ok, I am still concerned about the smell.

The restaurant looks so pretty. I never get tired of seeing pictures from this boat!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL
Old 07-27-2012, 08:04 PM   #670
AvasMommy526
Mouseketeer

Hahaha omg an iron?!?! I would never actually think to bring one so I guess I'm in the clear lol! And the Mrs.Lisa and Mr. John, that is too funny!
I'm glad the food got better for you guys!

Old 07-27-2012, 11:15 PM   #671
jusero
DIS Veteran

Ok, two things:
1) forgive my cluelessness: but what the heck is Fishlips???
2) even more than the getting in trouble for the iron had me laughing, throwing your shoes at your men had me bustin' a gut!

Oh, and by the way, it does NOT surprise me that you are such a trouble maker. After all, you were the one standing up on the train screaming "WOO-HOO!!!!"

Have I stumped you on the last What in the World? photo?? Probably not, Mrs. Smartly Pants Trouble Maker.

1982, 1985, Disneyland
Sept., 1995: Shades of Geen, WDW
Oct. 2006: Disneyland
May, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012: Shades of Green, WDW
Dec. 2008: Shades of Green, WDW

2011 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2745311
2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2933651
2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3201400

Old 07-27-2012, 11:35 PM   #672
JessietheNCCowgirl
Yeehaw!

Hey Lisa,
I got a bit behind as I've been super busy at work. Great updates and pics! Hooray for new furniture for next year's trip and successful ebaying!

When I was looking at your Sail Away party pictures it made me wonder how stinkin hot it would be dancing around in the character costumes!! I'm not sure I would have handled the muster drill very well with the crowds and heat! That would be so cool to view all the sea life though as you sailed away. I can't imagine taking an Alaskan cruise and getting to see the whales, that would be breath taking!!

You had me crackin up with your Ernest T Bass reference. He is one of my favorite Andy Griffith show characters.

The Enchanted Garden looks so pretty and your food looked yummy, but I would feel funny being seated so close to people, especially Mr. Camo hat.

You were so busted with the iron sister! You handled the situation well especially with hurling your shoes at the McBride men!

As always, looking forward to reading more. Have a great weekend!
Port Orleans-1992 & 1994 CBR & POFQ -2000 Coronado Springs-2001 Polynesian-2003 AKL & GF- 2004 WL & GF 2006 POFQ -2007 CBR-2008 Polynesian-2009 POR Aug & Oct 2010 POR Jan 2011, CBR Feb 2011, POFQ Aug 2011, POR Oct 2011, ASMo Dec 2011, Polynesian Feb 2012, Pop & POR May 2012, AoA and Yacht Club Oct 2012 BWI & YC Aug 2013, Poly Oct 2013
Old 07-28-2012, 08:30 PM   #673
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessietheNCCowgirl View Post
Hey Lisa,
I got a bit behind as I've been super busy at work. Great updates and pics! Hooray for new furniture for next year's trip and successful ebaying!

When I was looking at your Sail Away party pictures it made me wonder how stinkin hot it would be dancing around in the character costumes!! I'm not sure I would have handled the muster drill very well with the crowds and heat! That would be so cool to view all the sea life though as you sailed away. I can't imagine taking an Alaskan cruise and getting to see the whales, that would be breath taking!!

You had me crackin up with your Ernest T Bass reference. He is one of my favorite Andy Griffith show characters.

The Enchanted Garden looks so pretty and your food looked yummy, but I would feel funny being seated so close to people, especially Mr. Camo hat.

You were so busted with the iron sister! You handled the situation well especially with hurling your shoes at the McBride men!

As always, looking forward to reading more. Have a great weekend!
Hey! I know all about being behind because of every day life. Just glad that you're stopping in. I thought the same thing at the sail away party....those people in the costumes have to be blazing hot!

Don't you just love Ernest T. Bass!?! He's our favorite too! Hunter's been watching The Andy Griffith show since he was just a toddler.

The Enchanted Garden restaurant was very pretty. I just wish we had been seated in an area where we could see a bit more. It didn't bother us too much sitting so close to others but I would have definitely felt weird taking pictures of our food.

Hunter and John have a way of making sure that they are the "innocent" ones in our group. So, just for that, they deserved a good shoe tossing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusero View Post
Ok, two things:
1) forgive my cluelessness: but what the heck is Fishlips???
2) even more than the getting in trouble for the iron had me laughing, throwing your shoes at your men had me bustin' a gut!

Oh, and by the way, it does NOT surprise me that you are such a trouble maker. After all, you were the one standing up on the train screaming "WOO-HOO!!!!"

Have I stumped you on the last What in the World? photo?? Probably not, Mrs. Smartly Pants Trouble Maker.
Fishlips is a restaurant situated alongside the port. There's a website that you can go to and watch the ships as they leave the Port. Fishlips has a webcam mounted on it and you can see the people waving from the ships.

My men definitely deserved the shoe toss!

I'm not quite sure what your pictures is. I'm thinking I know but I'm afraid to guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvasMommy526 View Post
Hahaha omg an iron?!?! I would never actually think to bring one so I guess I'm in the clear lol! And the Mrs.Lisa and Mr. John, that is too funny!
I'm glad the food got better for you guys!
I know! I've got a record with the Disney Cruise Line all because of a stupid iron!

Mr. White Uniform was very formal and made sure to call us Mr. John and Mrs. Lisa. The food at The Enchanted Garden was very good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Um yeah ...... that smell? We never got rid of ours. It smelled like urine the whole cruise. Our stateroom was awesome in every other way, though. Next time I am definitely bringing an air freshener.
Urine smell? Yuck! Our's had a middle poopy smell which wasn't any better than urine. I usually bring along air freshener no matter where we go but I didn't bring it this trip. At least, I had the body spray.

Old 07-28-2012, 08:40 PM   #674
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
You didn't take food pictures, but you took pictures of the laundry room! Where are your priorities? Fortunately, your borrowed pictures did the trick. Yum!

Oh, that annoying man. Ugh! Who needs that on vacation.

Ok, I am still concerned about the smell.

The restaurant looks so pretty. I never get tired of seeing pictures from this boat!
Well....there's wasn't anybody in the laundry room but there were tons of folks in the dining room.

The smell pretty much stayed in the bathroom and if we kept the doors closed, it wasn't bad. It's was stinky enough that we had to hold our noses or anything. Thank goodness!

The Dream is a beautiful ship and I wish we had taken more time to walk around and see everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
An iron!! That's too funny!! Who would have thought you couldn't bring an iron on a cruise? Not me.

All the food you had looks very yummy! I didn't realize that you could have seconds or they would bring you more of something else. I'll have to tell DH. I know he would like that!
I had no idea that an iron was off limits on the ship. I mean, seriously? I had to make sure we looked decent.

We didnt' know that we could order seconds either until the head water asked if John wanted another order of sea bass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I so needed a laugh today and when I saw you had done an update, I knew where I'd get it. I'm surprised they didn't make you walk the plank, you naughty, naughty girl.

Great update, Lisa. Dinner looked really, really yummy (especially Hunter's birthday dessert).
Glad that I was able to give you a few chuckles on a bad day. You know we're always good for a laugh or two.

I'm glad as heck that they didn't make me walk the plank....the water was DEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
You are naughty!! An iron!

I would have had no idea that you couldn't bring an iron on board either.

Dinner sounds delicious! How nice that John got two servings of the seabass,and that Hunter got a little special attention.

How not nice that the tables were so close, and that Mr. No Manners was your neighbor.

I hope that the table for the next night's dinner was better!
Ya'll just thought I was sweet an innocent. You had no idea that I was naughty enough to bring along items that were off limits on the ship.

I was surprised at how close the tables were in the back. Maybe wide enough for a skinny person to stand in.

Old 07-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #675
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddstratton View Post
An iron??? Seriously??? OMG -- that is TOO funny!!!

Though honestly -- I think I'd be a little squicked knowing that someone just felt free to enter my room when I was not there to do a "routine check" and take things out of my room. I know that I would not feel comfortable for the rest of the trip... Is this a common thing on a cruise?
I know! Who would have thought that you'd get into such trouble over an iron?

From what we could tell, our stateroom host came in at least twice a day. Maybe more. It was funny 'cause John brought along an old pair of flip flops and threw them in the garbage can in our room because they weren't comfortable. Our stateroom host took them out of the garbage and placed them neatly by the wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
LOL! An iron! Too funny!

We frequently asked for seconds of a certain appetizer or dessert at dinner....or even to have 2 different ones so we could try everything. A lot of people aren't aware that's allowed but we had cruise veterans at our table who clued us in!

Uh-oh...a storm. I hope it doesn't cause too many issues for you.
I'm a criminal all because a dumb old iron!

I didn't even think about ordering more than one of any food item. We just did like we do on the dining plan....everybody order something different so we can all get a sample.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Oh, Lisa!

Great story!

How nice of Mr. John to continually throw you under the bus!!! I hope you know that there are lots of friends willing to bail you out if (when) you get in trouble again.

We had a little item confiscated when we were boarding our cruise after visiting Nassau. We had gone to the Pirate Museum, and my 6 year old son had purchased an (obviously) toy pistol from the gift shop. When we went through security, they told us "We'll take that" I figured he meant through security, but no, they handed us that little white receipt and said we could pick up the toy gun at the airport in Miami!

Wow, that dining room is BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm sorry it was so cramped.

All of the food looks yummy, and I would be right there with John enjoying a second helping of Sea Bass. Mmmmm!

Sorry to hear Hunter was reluctant to ask for French fries. I'm sure they get much stranger and difficult requests than that.

Can't wait to hear more about your trip, now that you are out on parole.

I was thinking about you during the trip because I knew there were storms a'brewing while you were on the water.
John's always throwing me under the bus. We'll be at a check-out in a store and when they ask for my driver's license, he'll say something like "She doesn't have one, the cops took it when they pulled her over."

Oh poor thing! I bet your DS was bummed that he couldn't keep his toy pistol with him.

From what I could tell, most of the restaurant wasn't too crowded. It was just the section we were seated in. Of course, that's my luck so what did I expect?

Hunter isn't shy most of the time but I think he didn't want the servers to go out of their way for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Thanks for sharing the story! I believe you are correct, tourists can no longer climb Chitzen Itza. But I didn't know it was YOUR fault!

As long as we are hijacking... my son and I had a minor freakout climbing the Coba pyramid. I believe it is the 2nd highest Mayan pyramid (the tallest is in Guatemala). I know the descent on your rump routine.

When we got down, I was angered watching a guy carrying his 1 year old son up the pyramid. REALLY???

OK, back to our regularly scheduled trip report
I'm glad that she shared the story too! It gave me a chuckle!

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: