Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2012, 05:43 PM   #646
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

How the name of this trip report came about! I’m a criminal! I’ve got a record now!

How the name of this trip report came about! I’m a criminal! I’ve got a record now!

Like I said in my previous post, I wasn’t sure what we did after we had snacked on the wraps, Panini and slices of pizza but I’ve given it a bit more thought. I’m like 99% positive that I started unpacking when we got back to the stateroom and, before we realized it, it was past time for the early show to begin. Since we weren’t dressed for dinner yet, our hair was still windblown from standing out on the deck, and we weren’t sure if we would have time between the show and dinner to come back and change, we decided to skip the show and finish unpacking.

Our stateroom host paid us a visit and told us that he’d come into our room later and turn down the beds. He asked if everything was okay with our room and we told him yes except for the odor from the bathroom. I don’t remember what he said about the smell but it was something like that’s typical. He left us to our unpacking and went on to talk with his other guests.

Every now and then, we’d get a whiff of “the smell”. As I was unpacking, I found my Bath & Body Works body spray and I sprayed some around the room and then made sure that it was on the shelf where it could be easily found. Once things were tucked away where we wanted them, it was time to start getting ready for dinner. I asked the guys to pick out what shirts they wanted to wear so that I could press the wrinkles out of them. I had brought along a pair of khakis for each of the guys to wear to dinner and asked them to be especially careful when they ate because they’d be wearing the same pair the next two nights. Hey, don’t say “yuck”, they were only gonna wear them for two hours or so. They weren’t going to reek with body odor in that little time.

Hum? Where would be a good place to iron their shirts? I know! How ‘bout on the big box coffee table thing. I put a towel down on the table, plugged in the iron and laid out the shirts to be ironed while the guys went to “slick down”. What the hay am I talking about? Any of ya’ll watch The Andy Griffith Show? If you do, then you’ll remember how the men would go “slick down” especially Ernest T. Bass.

Ernest T. Bass pre-slick down:

Ernest T. Bass after slick down:

Get back on track, Lisa....so while the guys were getting ready, I pressed their shirts and then unplugged the iron and put it on the desk making sure that there was nothing in front of it. Then, it was my turn to get ready. Fortunately, for me, I brought along dresses that didn’t wrinkle so my getting dressed was simpler.

Before we headed out, I took a picture of our door:

Remember me mentioning how well I was coping with my fear of heights and had even looked way over the railing to see the sea creatures swimming below us. Yeah, well the fear of height was rearing it’s ugly head when I went to take a picture of the pretty chandelier/light fixture hanging in the atrium:

Holy guacamole! There was that tingly, wingly, I’m gonna fall feeling again! I even felt a little wobbly when I was taking a picture of Hunter which, by the way, turned out really dark:

Because we weren’t sure where exactly the Enchanted Garden was, we had left a little early and started that darn “Aft? Forward? Starboard?” crap again. After about ten minutes or so, we found the waiting area for the restaurant. We found a spot to stand which was off to the side so we could people watch.

Now, I know that the dress code for the 3 night cruises is different than the longer cruises but some of the folks were dressed to the nines and some were dressed to zero. One guy had on a t-shirt (and not a nice one either), blue jeans and a camo ball cap. My man is hardly ever seen without his ball cap and I’ve learned to live with it. He’s even been known to wear it while swimming but he knows better than to wear it when you’re eating at a nice restaurant. Some of ya’ll might say “now Lisa, maybe that’s all the guy had to wear so you shouldn’t say anything.” Sorry, but if you can’t afford to buy a pair of khaki’s and you don’t have sense enough to take off your cap, then you shouldn’t have come on the cruise.

Oh and while I’m on my soapbox, let me just say “Ladies, please put your “girls” away when in public.” Some of the tops and dresses that I saw were veeeeeeeery low cut and most of these ladies had cups that runneth over. God didn’t bless me with a well endowed chest but if he did, I’d keep them tucked away and not out for the whole world to see.

Okay, I’ll step down now and continue on with the report.

While we were waiting, several castmembers began walking around, handing out the hand wipes to the guests. Soon after, the gates to the restaurant opened up and we all moved forward to go in. I did have my camera in my purse but I felt a bit weird about taking pictures since there were so many people around and I felt like they’d wonder why the heck I was taking pictures of everybody waiting so I’m going to borrow some pictures that I found on Google images.

The outside “gates” to The Enchanted Garden:

Our host greeted us and then took us to our table. I had so hoped that we would be seated in one of these pretty round tables:

but we were taken to one of the tables in the very back. When I say very back, I mean just one table from the wall. And, guess who was behind us? Blue jean/camo man, who, by the way, talked very loudly and had THE most Southern drawl. I take that back, it wasn’t just a Southern drawl, it was a Redneck drawl. It certainly wasn’t the drawl of a Southern gentlemen, I can assure you of that.

We were seated at our table and soon our assistant server came along and introduced himself. I can not for the life of me remember his correct name. It was something like “Pham” and he was from Thailand. He took our drink orders and just a few minutes after, he brought the drinks as well as a basket of bread. Description from Allearsnet: Multi-Grain Loaf and Country Currant Bread and Chickpea-garlic puree

I had fully intended to take pictures of our food but I still felt a little funny about taking them because the tables where we were sitting were so close together. Close enough that the server could hardly squeeze in between them. And, when the head server came out, he actually spoke to all three of the tables (our’s, the one to our left and the one to our right) at the same time. That’s how close we were.

So, again, I’m going to borrow pictures from the internet. Hey, Jen, did you know if you google Disney Dream currant bread some of your pictures come up? I recognized them because Claire’s in them.

The bread:

For an appetizer, John ordered the tomato soup (which is not on any of the menus that I found but I know he had it because we commented on how good it was and how it compared to the soup he had at T-Rex).

I ordered the cucumber roll which was just okay:

Hunter passed on appetizers.

**continued in next post

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-26-2012, 05:44 PM   #647
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

For our entrees, John ordered the sea bass. Description taken from the Disney Cruise Line site:Pan-seared Sea Bass With Saffron and Fennel Risotto with a Sweet Chili Glaze

I don’t remember John’s sea bass coming out with the fresh greens on the top but that’s the only picture I could find on the web.

Hunter ordered the oven roasted chicken breast and it came with a baked potato (can’t find that darned baked potato on any of the menus either). I can’t find a picture on the internet (okay, so I admit, I gave up after looking on the internet for at least 5 minutes) . I tried to get him to ask that they substitute the baked potato for fries but he didn’t want to ask.

I ordered the Grilled NY Strip Steak Thyme Roasted Vegetables, Double-baked Potato topped with handmade Herb Butter.

Hunter and I liked our food and John absolutely loved the sea bass. (not a sea bass eatin' smiley but there's not one so you get a popcorn eatin' smiley) So much so, that the server brought out another order for him. The guy who was sitting at the table to the right of John (close enough that they could shake hands), asked the server if he could have another order as well.

The servers would come by every now and then and ask if we needed anything, to refill our drinks, etc. When the lady next to me made a comment about the rocking of the ship (we could see the liquid in our glasses moving and feel the ship moving), the head server said that there was a storm and that the water was a bit rough. Great! Wonderful! First time on a gosh darn cruise, first time going to Nassau and there was a storm a comin’.

The assistant server reminded the head server that we were celebrating Hunter’s birthday and they asked him what he wanted for his birthday dessert. Since Hunter wasn’t sure what he wanted to order, they said that they’d surprise him. John and I both ordered the Sweet Temptations: A trio of Esterhazy Cake, Strawberry Cheesecake, and Chocolate Silk Mousse. I think this is it:

And they brought this out to Hunter:

His had a candle in it though and the servers made sure that everyone around us knew to sing happy birthday. Even Mr. Blue Jean Camo man who sang rather loudly and said “cha cha cha” a couple of times. Funny, I never thought of him as a “cha cha cha” kinda guy. More of a “yee haw” guy.

We finished up our desserts and made our way out of the restaurant. Because we were second seating, by the time we were done, it was getting a little late. We made sure that we weren’t loud as we walked down the hallway to our room. I even took off my sandals and carried them in my hand because I thought they were too flip floppy loud. Once we got to a little turn in the hallway, I saw a laundry room and decided to take pictures so I could share them on the Dis:

Well, lookey there, it’s an iron and an ironing board. I could have left mine at home!

Picture taking done, we rounded the corner and I heard “Excuse me....Mr. John? Mrs. Lisa?” Who else knew us on the ship? We looked up and there were three castmembers standing a few doors down from our’s. One looked pretty official in his white uniform. Oh Lord! What did we do that we didn’t know that we did? Did we bring along our Birth Certificates? (Check) Did Hunter leave his Swiss Army knife at home? (Check) Did we fill in all the appropriate forms? (Check) What was up?

Mr. White Uniform approached us and the other two followed behind him.

Mr. White Uniform: “I’m sorry, but we did a routine check of your stateroom and we had to confiscate one of the items you brought onboard.”

Me: “Okay.......”

Mr. White Uniform: “You see, Mr. John, Mrs. Lisa, you can’t have an iron in your room.”

Me: “Oh! I’m sorry. I didn’t know!”

John: “I told her to leave it at home.”

Me: “You did not!”

John (to Mr. White Uniform): “I did too.”

Mr. White Uniform: “Mr. John, Mrs. Lisa. It’s okay. We took the confiscated iron down and it’s being held until the end of the cruise. You’ll have to see security to get it back”. He then proceeded to hand John a white slip of paper which was a Receipt for our iron. We’d have to present the receipt to security in order to get the iron back.

Me: “Again, I’m sorry. I had no idea that I couldn’t bring an iron on the ship.”

Mr. White Uniform: “Thank you so much for understanding Mr. John and Mrs. Lisa. Some people would have been upset. We’ve turned down the beds for you. I hope you all have a good night.”

Then, Mr. White Uniform and the two other gentlemen (one of which we recognized as our stateroom host) continued on down the hallway. As soon as they were out of earshot, Hunter said “Great Mom! Now you’re a criminal!” Of course, John had to add his two cents and said “You’ve got a record now Mrs. My Iron Got Confiscated!” I threw one sandal at Hunter (he ducked into the room before it hit him) and slapped John in the stomach with the other. Men!

Nobody can ever say that a trip with the McBride’s is a dull trip!

**Up next: Now I know how the people on The Amazing Race feel! Look out!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 07-26-2012 at 06:40 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #648
Bethislucy
DIS Veteran

lol a iron
Old 07-26-2012, 06:34 PM   #649
tink65
Earning My Ears

Hey Lisa,

I am loving your TR so far. I am more of a lurker that a poster on the DIS but I must say this.....I absolutely love your trip reports! I was on the computer the other night and thought "hmmmm...i need to check out the DIS boards and see if Ms. mickeystoontown has posted a report yet." Well imagine my delight when I found it! You leave me in stitches too many times to count. Thanks for the updates! And the laughs! When I read the part about you ironing the guys shirts I thought well this is where the "I'm a criminal" part of the TR title has come from! Anyhoo...can't wait to read more! P.S. I know what you mean about the ladies leaving the "girls" hanging out for show......you would think they'd know better!
Old 07-26-2012, 06:59 PM   #650
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

As soon as you said Iron I KNEW exactly what you got in trouble for. It's a no no on all ships. My Mom went to the laundry room to iron too. I did tell her ahead of time not to bring one though, because she usually brings one as well.

That is funny that my pictures come up for your google search. Did you use any of them? The one with the break basket kind of looks like it could be my Moms hand.....maybe.
I guess when you take a zillion pictures of the Dream they are bound to show up.

I have heard of others getting irons confiscated too so don't sweat it! And now you know for next time. Even with all the research we do, it's hard to know it all. Heck I never even knew we had a semi dress up night on our cruise till after I got home..Like months later when I looked at the navigator and it was in bold letters at the top of the page.....never saw it!

We did Enchanted Garden our first night too. I think I had that steak too. Very good. I also got the scallops. I think next time I am going to try the sea bass because I have heard from so many how good it is. If I don't like it, then I'll just ask for something else...or get extra dessert!
Old 07-26-2012, 08:13 PM   #651
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

You bad woman!

I would have never thought you couldn't bring an iron on a cruise! But then again, I've never brought an iron on a trip either Sorry!

Good thing you waited to throw your shoe, you wouldn't have wanted to hit one of the white shirted people on accident!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Old 07-26-2012, 08:17 PM   #652
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Hahahaha, an iron gets you a "record" I knew that's what it was as soon as you said you were ironing too. Glad that's all it was though.

That food all looks super yummy!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 07-26-2012, 08:54 PM   #654
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethislucy View Post
lol a iron
I know! Who would have thunk it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink65 View Post
Hey Lisa,

I am loving your TR so far. I am more of a lurker that a poster on the DIS but I must say this.....I absolutely love your trip reports! I was on the computer the other night and thought "hmmmm...i need to check out the DIS boards and see if Ms. mickeystoontown has posted a report yet." Well imagine my delight when I found it! You leave me in stitches too many times to count. Thanks for the updates! And the laughs! When I read the part about you ironing the guys shirts I thought well this is where the "I'm a criminal" part of the TR title has come from! Anyhoo...can't wait to read more! P.S. I know what you mean about the ladies leaving the "girls" hanging out for show......you would think they'd know better!
Hey and Welcome! I hope that you'll post more as I go along. Yep, I am now a criminal....hope it's not on my permanent cruise record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
As soon as you said Iron I KNEW exactly what you got in trouble for. It's a no no on all ships. My Mom went to the laundry room to iron too. I did tell her ahead of time not to bring one though, because she usually brings one as well.

That is funny that my pictures come up for your google search. Did you use any of them? The one with the break basket kind of looks like it could be my Moms hand.....maybe.
I guess when you take a zillion pictures of the Dream they are bound to show up.

I have heard of others getting irons confiscated too so don't sweat it! And now you know for next time. Even with all the research we do, it's hard to know it all. Heck I never even knew we had a semi dress up night on our cruise till after I got home..Like months later when I looked at the navigator and it was in bold letters at the top of the page.....never saw it!

We did Enchanted Garden our first night too. I think I had that steak too. Very good. I also got the scallops. I think next time I am going to try the sea bass because I have heard from so many how good it is. If I don't like it, then I'll just ask for something else...or get extra dessert!
I had absolutely no idea that I couldn't bring an iron. I usually don't bring one on every trip but on this one, I knew we had dress clothes that would need ironing.

I am not sure if the bread picture is one of your's. I know that there were several of Claire and then I think two of you.

The food at Enchanted Garden was pretty darn good. John would say it was great!

Old 07-26-2012, 09:02 PM   #655
megan511
Mouseketeer

Great update! I laughed about the iron! I would have never known you couldn't have one on a cruise. But I would have never packed one because I don't even own an iron!
Old 07-26-2012, 09:03 PM   #656
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
You bad woman!

I would have never thought you couldn't bring an iron on a cruise! But then again, I've never brought an iron on a trip either Sorry!

Good thing you waited to throw your shoe, you wouldn't have wanted to hit one of the white shirted people on accident!
And to think that I had ya'll all fooled into thinking I was a saint.

I had no idea that I couldn't have an iron on the ship. No wonder I saw so many people with wrinkled clothes.

Heaven forbid I had hit Mr. White Uniform with one of my shoes! No telling where I would have ended up. Heck, if they took an iron down to security, I'd be afraid to see where I would be put.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Hahahaha, an iron gets you a "record" I knew that's what it was as soon as you said you were ironing too. Glad that's all it was though.

That food all looks super yummy!
Isn't that the craziest thing ever?!? John said he didn't understand....we are over the water, the fire's gonna go out at some point in time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
LOL, an iron. I had no idea you couldn't bring an iron.

That dining room is so beautiful.
I didn't either!

The dining room was really pretty and I wish we hadn't been sitting way back in the back so could enjoy the view more.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:07 PM   #657
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by megan511 View Post
Great update! I laughed about the iron! I would have never known you couldn't have one on a cruise. But I would have never packed one because I don't even own an iron!
I told ya'll I didn't know much about cruising now it's pretty obvious. You don't own an iron? I hate ironing but it's one of those necessary evils around my house.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:11 PM   #658
TinksThree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
TinksThree- which ruin did you climb?

We did Coba in February 2011 and that was pretty intense. Heights don't normally bother me but being at the top of the pyramid freaked me out!

Sorry for the hijack, Lisa!
We climbed Chitzen Itza. I don't think they let people go up anymore. Maybe due to my panic attack? My story is one people love for me to tell...it includes strangers' sharing their water, DH thinking we were going to have to relocate since I was never going down and meeting a complete stranger from Ireland that helped me down (along with DH) step by step on our rumps while my eyes were clamped closed...it wasn't a pretty moment. More shameful was as I was collecting myself at the bottom we see this nice little 90 year old woman from our ship (who used a walker and people helped her on and off the elevator climbing down BY HERSELF!!! Yeah, again not my finest moment!! I am sorry also for that hijack Lisa!!

Love the sea life viewing!! I would have been mesmerized! And that panini looked very yummy!!

I never iron! It is against my religion and now I have an even better reason....I could have it confiscated!! Hunter's comment could have come directly from Madison's mouth! And John's reaction would have been Keith's...for that matter I would have thrown my shoes at them too!! Great story!!!!
Old 07-26-2012, 10:33 PM   #659
bearloch
DIS Veteran

Here is my reason for Not Ironing !!!! lol love it!!

WDW1986
Disneyland 1998
Disneyland 1999
WDW 2003
BAck First time @ Fort 12 /2007

Moved closer to Mickey June 2011:dance
CSR June 2012
Old 07-26-2012, 10:53 PM   #660
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

An iron! I had a feeling that was it when you told the story about ironing John and Hunter's pants.

A quick story about rough waters---During the only cruise I've ever been on, we apparently hit a rough spot heading to Nassau. The water was sloshing out over the edge of the pool!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: