Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2012, 09:34 PM   #616
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I am SO going to be looking out from the deck as we sail away, camera at the ready! What an amazing amount of sealife! That would have made my day right there, no doubt.

I remember those panini's being quite tasty on the Wonder. Jeff's big gripe was that it was only half a sandwich but I think he just got robbed once as the next time, mine was plenty big!
Old 07-23-2012, 09:50 PM   #617
MEK
DIS Veteran

Your sail away sounds lovely. So glad you got to see some many ocean critters. I was kayaking near dolphins in HHI and one actually went right up to one of the kayaks and was coming out of the water. So cool!

Your snacks look yummy! I could go for a piece of that pizza right now. Yum!

Great pictures of the aqua duck!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2012, 09:51 PM   #618
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
is a sign of good luck when cruising, they also love playing in the bow waves of a ship.

A picture I have of some playing beside us on the Disney Magic in 2008.
This is a cool pic!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-23-2012, 09:53 PM   #619
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

I would be just like you, Lisa---standing and watching all the dolphins, stingrays, and manatees. All that is just amazing to me.

Lunch/snack looks good and tasty.

Please update tomorrow!!! I don't think I can wait to hear how the title of this report came to be!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 07-23-2012, 10:08 PM   #620
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
This is a cool pic!
Thanks

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
Old 07-23-2012, 11:35 PM   #621
wakica
DIS Veteran

dolphins are THE BEST!!! They are so amazing and i would have stood there watching them in awe too. Every time I'm near them I'm just moved.

The aqua duck looks SOOOO cool!!! I wanna check that thing out and WOW, Hunter made friends SO fast!!! i think my dd14 would be SO afraid to head off and hang out with strangers but I'm sure she would make a few friends and then totally want to ditch us and hang out with other teens the whole time. It would be good for her. Wish we had gone ahead with our plans to do a cruise last trip. Oh well - maybe some day.

oh and that pannini looks SO good and now I'm going to have to put that on my menu for this week. I'm just craving it so bad now.

Me dh dd(16)
Old 07-24-2012, 12:39 AM   #622
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Sounds like a perfect way to begin the cruise! I would have stood there watching all afternoon.

That pannini looks so good! I'm glad that you enjoyed the food more from the counter service area.

Looks like Hunter was having a great time too!

I'm really interested to see what got you in hot water with security!
Old 07-24-2012, 04:41 AM   #623
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

That's so cool that you were able to see those sea creatures from the deck!

Getting in trouble already???
Old 07-24-2012, 06:49 AM   #624
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Wow- that is fantastic that you saw dolphins, sea turtles and manatees. Don't you just love the clear southern waters??? Great start to your trip!

I just hope you don't have to spend the rest of the cruise in the brig!!!
Old 07-24-2012, 07:12 AM   #625
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post

One other thing.....for any of you who read my comment about the shrimp at Cabana's being just so-so to us and are wondering what we do to our shrimp in Louisiana, p.m. me your address and I'll send ya'll some Louisiana shrimp boil.
I'm a MD girl transplanted to PA and we do our shrimp with Old Bay seasoning and cayenne pepper. And I would never serve my shrimp with the vein still intact! It shocks me here in PA when we are served unseasoned shrimp with the veins in a restaurant. Blech! Our local grocery store will steam shrimp for us also (vein removed) to our specs. One of their options is Cajun so we might just have to try that some time. I assume that would be close to how you season your shrimp.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:05 AM   #626
ddstratton
DIS Veteran

Sail away looks fun! So cool that you saw some sea creatures. Looks like Hunter was enjoying the cruise already! Can't wait to see what gotcha in trouble...

May 2016 Pre-Trip Report <--Also includes a Mini Trip Report of our March 2014 trip to Asheville/Gatlinburg

May 2010 - Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report and
The AutoTrain, Disney World and More! Trip Report

October 2008 - Caribbean Beach
Pre-Trip Report and Trip Report
Old 07-24-2012, 08:42 AM   #627
megan511
Mouseketeer

That's so cool about seeing all the sea animals. I love manatees that would have been so exciting to me.

The food looks good! I do have a question if you don't mind, are sodas and juice including in the cruise price? I thought I read somewhere that drinks weren't but I could be wrong.

Can't wait for the next installment!
Old 07-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #628
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Wow! That is so great that you were able to see some sea animals!!

It sounds like Hunter was already having a really good time!!

You have me on the edge of my seat waiting for the next update!!

Old 07-24-2012, 09:09 AM   #629
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I am SO going to be looking out from the deck as we sail away, camera at the ready! What an amazing amount of sealife! That would have made my day right there, no doubt.

I remember those panini's being quite tasty on the Wonder. Jeff's big gripe was that it was only half a sandwich but I think he just got robbed once as the next time, mine was plenty big!
Definitely find you a place along the railings to watch for the sea creatures. It was amazing to see them all.

We realized after a time or two that we could ask for more than one item and they'd give it to you. If you didn't ask, they would only give you one slice/piece/bowl/plate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Your sail away sounds lovely. So glad you got to see some many ocean critters. I was kayaking near dolphins in HHI and one actually went right up to one of the kayaks and was coming out of the water. So cool!

Your snacks look yummy! I could go for a piece of that pizza right now. Yum!

Great pictures of the aqua duck!
The dolphins were so amazing! It makes me want to work in a trip to Sea World next May.

The fast food windows had some really good food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
I would be just like you, Lisa---standing and watching all the dolphins, stingrays, and manatees. All that is just amazing to me.

Lunch/snack looks good and tasty.

Please update tomorrow!!! I don't think I can wait to hear how the title of this report came to be!
I couldn't take my eyes off the water because I was searching for the next animal to come to the surface. It was awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakica View Post
dolphins are THE BEST!!! They are so amazing and i would have stood there watching them in awe too. Every time I'm near them I'm just moved.

The aqua duck looks SOOOO cool!!! I wanna check that thing out and WOW, Hunter made friends SO fast!!! i think my dd14 would be SO afraid to head off and hang out with strangers but I'm sure she would make a few friends and then totally want to ditch us and hang out with other teens the whole time. It would be good for her. Wish we had gone ahead with our plans to do a cruise last trip. Oh well - maybe some day.

oh and that pannini looks SO good and now I'm going to have to put that on my menu for this week. I'm just craving it so bad now.
Seeing the dolphins was one of the best parts!

Hunter can make friends in the blink of an eye. You'll find out more about that a few updates later.

I could go for a pannini myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Sounds like a perfect way to begin the cruise! I would have stood there watching all afternoon.

That pannini looks so good! I'm glad that you enjoyed the food more from the counter service area.

Looks like Hunter was having a great time too!

I'm really interested to see what got you in hot water with security!
John and I stood there waaaaay longer than the other guests. There were a few that we saw looking out to sea but everybody else had gone to do other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
That's so cool that you were able to see those sea creatures from the deck!

Getting in trouble already???
It was very very cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Wow- that is fantastic that you saw dolphins, sea turtles and manatees. Don't you just love the clear southern waters??? Great start to your trip!

I just hope you don't have to spend the rest of the cruise in the brig!!!
The water was so clear that we could see waaaaay down!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-24-2012, 09:12 AM   #630
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Wow! That is so great that you were able to see some sea animals!!

It sounds like Hunter was already having a really good time!!

You have me on the edge of my seat waiting for the next update!!
It was definitely one of the highlight moments of the trip.

Hunter had a great time! We would often have to go look for him because he was off doing other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megan511 View Post
That's so cool about seeing all the sea animals. I love manatees that would have been so exciting to me.

The food looks good! I do have a question if you don't mind, are sodas and juice including in the cruise price? I thought I read somewhere that drinks weren't but I could be wrong.

Can't wait for the next installment!
It was amazing to see all of the manatees and other creatures!

The sodas and juice were included in the price of the meal as were coffee and hot chocolate. Oh and free ice cream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddstratton View Post
Sail away looks fun! So cool that you saw some sea creatures. Looks like Hunter was enjoying the cruise already! Can't wait to see what gotcha in trouble...
Hunter was ready to meet up with some new buds and it didn't take him long either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
I'm a MD girl transplanted to PA and we do our shrimp with Old Bay seasoning and cayenne pepper. And I would never serve my shrimp with the vein still intact! It shocks me here in PA when we are served unseasoned shrimp with the veins in a restaurant. Blech! Our local grocery store will steam shrimp for us also (vein removed) to our specs. One of their options is Cajun so we might just have to try that some time. I assume that would be close to how you season your shrimp.
Oh no.....I ain't eating shrimp that's not deveined. That's nasty!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: