Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 03:37 PM   #2611
GrammyJudy
DIS Veteran

Wow what a great party! Now you know I think you should put all your TRs together and publish a book. But if that doesn't work out maybe you should be a party planner!
Old 02-26-2013, 03:41 PM   #2612
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
The backsacks are adorable! I love the Muppets one!
I like that one too and thought that it'd made a great one to take on a Hollywood Studios day.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 03:43 PM   #2613
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammyJudy View Post
Wow what a great party! Now you know I think you should put all your TRs together and publish a book. But if that doesn't work out maybe you should be a party planner!
Thank you! I appreciate the compliment. I actually started writing a book many years ago and had it about halfway done but I never finished it. I wonder if it's stll in the top of my closet?

I used to do parties for extra money. I'd be paid X amount of dollars and I went to the people's houses and did their parties for them. I had all of the games planned out and I took care of bringing in all of the supplies. It was a lot of fun.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 02-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #2614
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

The back sacks are all great!!! I especially like the kitty Mickey-head one, no idea where the inspiration for that one came from.... The first one you posted is really nice too, with the World Traveler stuff on it.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 02-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #2615
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Hey Angie! I was just thinking about you the other day. I was wondering how ya'll were doing and if you had any Disney plans.
Look at my ticker....we added a day to the trip and are staying at POR for one night. I'll be taking tons of pictures for sure.
Hi Lisa!

We do have some Disney plans....finally! I booked us on a cruise for May 2014. The boys wanted to try something new but since we've been spoiled by Disney we thought a cruise would be the perfect choice! (at least we are hoping it is) Anyway...Yay for trying POR! I think that is where we have decided to stay the night before the cruise so we will be close to DTD. I can't wait to see your pictures!!

Great updates!! We still haven't rode Stitch yet and since the boys haven't really shown an interest I doubt we will visit anytime soon. But, we LOVE the Peoplemover!! Definitely a favorite!

Ugh..on the wet feet!!

So cool that you were chosen for the Duck Dynasty house party!!! It looked like a fun time!!

The backsacks are so cute!!

Old 02-26-2013, 05:18 PM   #2616
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Hi Lisa!

We do have some Disney plans....finally! I booked us on a cruise for May 2014. The boys wanted to try something new but since we've been spoiled by Disney we thought a cruise would be the perfect choice! (at least we are hoping it is) Anyway...Yay for trying POR! I think that is where we have decided to stay the night before the cruise so we will be close to DTD. I can't wait to see your pictures!!

Great updates!! We still haven't rode Stitch yet and since the boys haven't really shown an interest I doubt we will visit anytime soon. But, we LOVE the Peoplemover!! Definitely a favorite!

Ugh..on the wet feet!!

So cool that you were chosen for the Duck Dynasty house party!!! It looked like a fun time!!

For real?!! A Disney cruise in May, 2014! What dates in May? I'm trying to talk John into going back on a cruise in May, 2014.

I'm looking forward to seeing POR even if it is for just one night.

We had a blast at the Duck Dynasty party and I was so glad that I got chosen.

Old 02-26-2013, 05:19 PM   #2617
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
The back sacks are all great!!! I especially like the kitty Mickey-head one, no idea where the inspiration for that one came from.... The first one you posted is really nice too, with the World Traveler stuff on it.
Thank you! If you're ever in the market for a new backsack, you know who to call!

Old 02-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #2618
BMC423
DIS Veteran

Hey Lisa!

After my initial post all the waaaay back on pg4 I became a pretty bad DISer. I subscribed to your TR and kept telling myself to catch up but never sat down to do so. Well I sat down today and boy do I have A LOT of catching up to do. I'm currently up to your first day at MK! Just wanted to say sorry about the cruise but I love the fact that you were so refreshingly honest about it. .

I haven't read ahead so I hope you are all doing well. I decided to stop my TR, I just can't seem to find the time to sit down and write it with all I have going on this semester.

I did notice your ticker and imagine my surprise it looks like we will be at POR at the same time (our 1st time there as well), so maybe I'll see you around!

I'll post some more later as I keep reading!
2012 - Caribbean Beach 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 02-27-2013, 12:15 AM   #2619
PittypatBR
DIS Veteran

Awesome party!

Aw, Lisa, you are an amazing party planner. I can see why people would pay you to do it for them! You just HAD to get the Duck Commander party! Everything looked great, and you really went the extra mile. I am sure your friends and family just love it when you throw a party! Thanks for sharing the pics - I have been looking forward to them ever since I saw that you won the party. It was nice to see Mama, too. I am sitting in front of the TV and they just said the guys from Duck Commander would be on the late show. Guess that's why they weren't around for your party!

You seem to be a good companion for Hunter's driving. My mother was terrible - it made her way too nervous, so she told my dad he had to teach me. Of course, I was trying to learn in a stick shift car, so that was a lot to think about at once!

I am enjoying the TR as always. It definitely makes it harder to get around when the rain keeps starting and stopping like that. Hope it got better after lunch.

First trip to DW June 1977, Dutch Inn with DH, DS8, DS6, DD4
July 1996, ASMovies; April 2002, ASMusic; June 2005, Coronado Springs;
May 5-12, 2007, Pop Century; May 30-June 6, 2010, Marriott Grande Vista;
First trip to DL Oct. 9-15, 2011 Anaheim Marriott

May 2007 Pre-trip and trip report: NO COMMANDO?? . . . .ARGHH! Can I do this?
Old 02-27-2013, 08:45 AM   #2620
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

What a fun looking party! We are big Duck Dynasty fans. Small world-my DH went to college with Korie and Willie. Can't wait for the new episode tonight
Old 02-27-2013, 09:04 AM   #2621
mommytothreeboys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Hi Lisa!

Ugh..on the wet feet!!

Sorry to butt in Lisa...

Angie, so happy to hear you have a cruise booked for 2014!
Old 02-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #2622
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Quote:
For real?!! A Disney cruise in May, 2014! What dates in May? I'm trying to talk John into going back on a cruise in May, 2014.
Yes! I booked it last week...May 15-18. We're doing 3 nights just to see how we like it. I'm nervous but really excited to try something new!

I'm so glad that you are thinking about giving the cruise another try!! Fingers crossed that you can talk John into it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Angie, so happy to hear you have a cruise booked for 2014!
Thanks Missy!!! We're so excited!! I've already been researching like crazy and we still have over a year to go.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:22 PM   #2623
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
I'm looking forward to seeing POR even if it is for just one night.

We had a blast at the Duck Dynasty party and I was so glad that I got chosen.
I just read an article on CNN that named Disney Cruise line the best in almost every category. I'll see if I can find it!

ETA: Here it is! Disney tops cruise ship rankings

Quote:
Thank you! If you're ever in the market for a new backsack, you know who to call!
Absolutely!!!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 02-27-2013, 01:41 PM   #2624
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Lisa that looks like a great party! I agree with the others-you should be a party planner!
Old 02-27-2013, 02:49 PM   #2625
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Dining to the whirl of straw fans and the beat of steel drums

Wouldnít you know it...when we got to the resort, it wasnít raining! Oh well, we were there and we were hungry! We got off the bus at the Old Port Royale bus stop and then separated, going from station to station until we decided what we wanted to eat.

John got the Royale Sandwich with chips from the pizza and pasta station and it looks like some sort of cake for dessert:

I got the chicken caesar salad:

For dessert, I chose the monkey cupcake:

Hunter chose a cheese pizza and a chocolate cupcake for dessert:

Jesseís choice was the spaghetti with meatballs:

It looks like I failed to get a picture of his dessert.

Lacey got the steak sandwich minus the peppers and onions with a side of pasta salad and a cookie for dessert:

While we were waiting on the guys to get their drinks, I took some pictures of the condiment bar:

The mug washing station at the end of the counter:

Drinks available. Sorry that itís dark:

The area of the drink station where they have the different flavor teas and coffee:

See the pretty straw fans hanging from the ceiling!

We ate our meals listening to the sound of others having great vacations and the whirl of the straw fans and steel drum music. It was very relaxing!

Before we left the food court, we made a quick walk-through of the store and I took this picture walking over to that area of Old Port Royale:

Oh and I tried to take a couple of zoomed in pictures of the grab n go station in the food court. They are all blurry but I think that you can make out some of the items for sale there:

**Up next: Iím singing in the rain! Just singing in the rain! What a glorious feeling!

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 02-27-2013 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Dining to the whirl of straw fans and the beat of steel drums

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: