Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 09:19 AM   #2491
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasofan View Post
I am sooo glad we got to stay at WL a couple years ago. We were booked at CBR, due almost completely to reading your trip reports and how much you love it, but then, I got the coveted 40% pin code. I switched so fast to WL I think I made my DH's head spin

When we finally get back to WDW, I really want to stay at CBR, it always looks so beautiful in your pictures. Sadly, we only go every 2 or 3 years and we just went to DL in October.
We were actually booked to stay at WL a few years back but I changed back to the CBR to save that extra $1,000! I just couldn't make myself spend that kinda money. Now, if I had a 40% off pin code, I'd be staying deluxe all the way baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora1972 View Post
Whispering Canyon looks like such a fun place to eat. I think my kids would really like it. Too bad that it is rainy on your last day : (
It was a fun place to eat and the surroundings are beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post

Let me be one of the first to say:

I love the latest update and the resort you stay at is gorgeous...I don't blame you for not wanting to try anywhere else, what if it wasn't as good??? At least with CBR you know what to expect. LOVED the breakfast food pics, we ate here about 8 years ago and really were looking for some fun from our waitress...she NEVER wet in to character and it was disappointing although the food was good.
After seeing pics of your house, I can see how you love many of their decor!

Happy Valentine's Day to you too, Judy!

I hate to hear that your waitress didn't get into character. I thought they were all supposed to do that.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 02-14-2013, 09:22 AM   #2492
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I love that you got such a great waitress. She sounds like a lot of fun. I guess if you are not prepared for the antics it probably does take guests back a bit. Still, it sounds like a fun job. And your food looks great. I have never had breakfast there, but I'm definitely going to put it on my "to-try" breakfast list.

Can you believe I never saw the geyser erupt the whole time we were there in October! It really is pretty cool. Glad you had such a fun start to your morning.
The waitress was a lot of fun and we were glad that we were seated in her area. We did notice that she wasn't as much into character with the table near us. They didn't look like a fun/silly kind of family. She did do a little joking around but not as much as she did with us.

That was the first time that we had seen the geyster spraying water and we've been there several times to visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
WL really is such a gorgeous resort!! Your breakfast looks like so much fun - and really good too!
Isn't it pretty there?! The food was fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
That was before the tour, right?
I was definitely not referring to the buildings that were in the middle of Nassau. The ones that we were talking about were the ones along the shoreline of the boat portion of the tour that we took. The ones over by Tom Cruise and Oprah Winfrey's houses.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-14-2013, 09:26 AM   #2493
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Wow, your pictures of the ferry boat are awesome! You know, it has been YEARS since I have been on it. Like 20 or more. When we are not using a bus to the main gates, we love to take the monorail.

I do NOT miss the days when we took the ferry. We would get split up and I was afraid that we'd lose a kid amongst all the people. I did not like it at all.

Cute Titanic moment. I'm glad the boys had a nice conversation with the CM. It looked like he was going to go tell them to knock it off!

Jesse and Hunter said that the guy was laughing at them and joking around.

I can't even imagine how much fun WCC would be with your family. Love the names your waitress assigned to you!!! Do many of the waitstaff do that? I haven't heard that before.

I wish I could remember our waitress' name. One year, our waitress was Heda Lettuce and she was a hoot too!

All of the food looked amazing! I would order what Jesse had. Yum!

I haven't been to the Lodge. My DH and I really want to visit and tour someday.

BTW- I spy a hidden d*ckie. Not so hidden.
The first thing that I thought was "did somebody have their pants unzipped?" Where's the hidden D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggerrn2 View Post
Fun update!!
Congrats on having a family fun trip this spring!! And yes, Disney beware of the McBride's crashing your palace!!!
We loved WCC! Had lunch there. DS asked for ketchup for his fries.. He didn't know what hit him!
Everybody needs to stand clear! The McBride clan is on it's way!

How many bottles of ketchup did he end up with? I think that Hunter had at least a dozen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I had no idea the CMs at Whispering Canyon were playing a character of someone grumbling and hating their job. How fun and different!
She was so funny!

Old 02-14-2013, 09:29 AM   #2494
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Great updates!

I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner at The Coral Reef! Everything looked very yummy!!

I think your Illumination pictures turned out really good. I can never get really good night time pictures. I guess I need to work on it for our next trip! We've only seen Illuminations once and we ended up behind some trees too. I definitely need to plan to see it again....tree-free!

Ugh! So scared of snakes! I would have been freaking out!

I love all the jumping pictures!!

Such beautiful pictures of the resort!! We are still trying to decide where to stay next year...definitely trying a moderate! But, one day it's CBR and the next it's POR. Good thing we have a little while to think about it!

WL looks so pretty!! Looks like it was a great breakfast!
Hey Angie! I was just thinking about you the other day. I was wondering how ya'll were doing and if you had any Disney plans.

I wish that I had realized that the trees were in the way of Illuminations. But, it wasn't that bad.

I couldn't believe that there was a snake right smack in the middle of Mouse Gears!

Look at my ticker....we added a day to the trip and are staying at POR for one night. I'll be taking tons of pictures for sure.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:37 AM   #2495
cheekypoppins
DIS Veteran

okay so um don't mind me but...... I don't know how to resize so here it comes.......

Old 02-14-2013, 09:39 AM   #2496
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Happy Valentine's Day to all my Disboards friends!

Old 02-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #2497
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
The first thing that I thought was "did somebody have their pants unzipped?" Where's the hidden D?
The bear on the coat rack thingy.

When you ever said it would fit right in with your decor, I'm think "Goodness, what is the decorating theme at that woman's house????"
Old 02-14-2013, 10:27 AM   #2498
Mommy Poppins
Admitted Disneyholic - No Cure Wanted
Dreams of tag fairies and pretty colors
Will be spending my birthday at the WL

Finally caught up on your trip report! Your pictures are great and add a lot to your TR!

We are headed to the World in June before DH heads to Afghanistan. Currently booked at Shades of Green, but seriously considering moving to CBR with the military discount. We are taking my nephew and our 4 year old great nephew for his first trip!

Our Vow Renewal 5/1/06 - Family Trip 9/2013 & Senior Pictures
Old 02-14-2013, 11:52 AM   #2499
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

I didn't realize that they clowned around at breakfast at WCC. I knew they did at dinner -- we had fun in 2007 but the food wasn't worth the price of the entertainment for us so we haven't been back. Maybe I should think about a breakfast visit.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:47 PM   #2500
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Fun update Lisa! I love how much fun Jesse and Hunter have together. That must really warm you and Lacey's hearts.

I've always thought about trying WCC (but I didn't really know they did breakfast-not that we're allowed to do breakfasts that characters don't attend). I think that WCC always looks like so much fun! and Bryan loves ketchup so . . .

We've only ever been to WL for the Hoop. I think I feel the same about it that you do about the Port Orleans resorts. When you live as close to Wisconsin as we do, you've seen that kind of place a lot. The lobby does look exceptional though, we'll make our way over there someday. That's the great thing about Disney-it'll take years to do everything you want to!

I was wondering-did you write a follow up email when you had the pin code issues? I'm trying to figure out if I should write an email, or just move on. Thanks Lisa!
Old 02-14-2013, 02:11 PM   #2501
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Happy Valentine's Day!

Love the update. Wonder if they still do the skillet for breakfast? I know they don't for lunch. Looks like a nice combination. All the breakfast pics look yummy. Glad you had a great server!
Old 02-14-2013, 07:17 PM   #2502
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Okay, my friends, I need some help. We have friends (they were Lacey & Jesse's Mission leaders and was the pastor who married them) who will be traveling to Walt Disney World to see the Christmas decorations. They are still undecided on what dates to go and are considering either Nov 22-25 or Dec 20-23. Any idea which would be the best time to go as far as crowds go. They have school age children so they need to work around the kids' schedules.

Thanks in advance!

Old 02-14-2013, 07:32 PM   #2503
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Okay, my friends, I need some help. We have friends (they were Lacey & Jesse's Mission leaders and was the pastor who married them) who will be traveling to Walt Disney World to see the Christmas decorations. They are still undecided on what dates to go and are considering either Nov 22-25 or Dec 20-23. Any idea which would be the best time to go as far as crowds go. They have school age children so they need to work around the kids' schedules.

Thanks in advance!
I don't know from personal experience, but I would guess that the November dates would be less crowded. Although Thanksgiving is a very crowded time, the November dates are before most of the schools have a few days break. In December, the days they are staying are the start of the Christmas break for a lot of schools, so I'm guessing the crowds will be pretty heavy leading up to Christmas at the World.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:31 PM   #2504
GrammyJudy
DIS Veteran

The Nov dates you mentioned are the week before Thanksgiving. The week in Dec is close to the busiest week of the year. I have read alot about that time period as we are going 11/30-12/7 as you know. From what I have heard there are no discounts after 12/15/ The only thing is all the decorations may not be up but most will be. Discounts for that time usually come out in July
Old 02-14-2013, 10:22 PM   #2505
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

I love WL and eating at Whispering Canyon Cafe!

The last day at Disney is always a little sad.

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: