Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 05:21 PM   #2341
rndmr2
DIS Veteran

That pic of Hunter and Jessie is hilarious!

I have to go back to the Coral Reef update, it's funny, every time I see a pic of that Chocolate Wave (Awesome dessert!!) it's different. It's like they change the garnish or something, I had it twice and once it had berries and no sorbet, and one time it had sorbet but no berries...

Love Illuminations, I'm like you, I can never get good pics of it, Last time I gave up and didn't even try to take any because I knew they wouldn't come out.

8/1985--Days Inn Sand Lake Rd, 8/1987-- Wilson World, 12/1987-- Contemporary, 8/1989-- Caribbean Beach, 12/1989-- Port Orleans (now POFQ), 7/1990-- Caribbean Beach, 6/1991-- Carribbean Beach (Senior Week!), 8/1992-- Port Orleans (Now POFQ), 9/1995--All Star Music, August 1998-- Dixie Landings -Alligator Bayou (now PO Riverside), 7/1999-- All Star Movies, 11/2004-- Pop Century, 5/2010 POR Magnolia Bend, 5/2011 Saratoga Springs Resort
Old 02-04-2013, 05:45 PM   #2342
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I feel your pain, I can never get a decent shot of illuminations. I think you were at the shop at the International gateway, I can't think of it's name but they do have a nice selection. Dinner looked very yummy, one of these days I will make it there, it's just never made the cut for some reason but nice to know on the chicken for picky eaters.

Overall a lovely night and nice that the guy thought better of it and sat down, too bad the tree didn't do the same!
Register to remove

Old 02-04-2013, 06:03 PM   #2343
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

I think your fireworks pictures are great. I have a fancy camera, but since I still don't know how to use it, I never get very good ones.

Love the picture of Jesse dressing Hunter up. I have such fond memories of doing that exact thing to my younger male cousin when I was young. We had him in a dance recital costume, gloves, makeup, hat, the whole nine yards. So, I think that this just means that the boys are really and trully family.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:43 PM   #2345
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

OMG, too funny! The only thing that would make it better is seeing Hunter's face. LOL
Old 02-04-2013, 07:10 PM   #2346
FancyNancy
Princess

Hahaha! Poor Hunter. Thank goodness there was no cosmetics counter!

Old 02-04-2013, 07:33 PM   #2347
MissLiz
DIS Veteran

I am continuously on the hunt for the "perfect" IllumiNations spot. I think it's a disease.

It drives me batty when people come up and stand right in front of you at fireworks...especially when you've been sitting for some time. I have said something before, but my DH absolutely hates when I do, so I try to bite my tongue now.

Love the pic of Hunter! Jesse did a great job!
Old 02-04-2013, 09:24 PM   #2348
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Great picture of Jessie dressing up Hunter although he may want to shave his legs next time. Lol also for some reason the pictures didn't show up on the regular site but when I went on the mobile site everything was fine.

Sent from my Samsung Galexy Ace using the DISBoards app

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
Old 02-04-2013, 09:54 PM   #2349
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

You're an updating machine!

Totally skipped Illuminations during our trip at the same time, but I agree-I have never found a good spot!

Laughing out loud at the picture of Jesse and Hunter!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 02-04-2013, 10:12 PM   #2350
GrammyJudy
DIS Veteran

Those darn trees keep growing and getting in the way...I wionder why Disney doesn't do someting about it. As for the thoughtless people that stand in front of you I have a story for you....about 4 years ago we were waiting for Illuminations over by canada and this guy in a long wool overcoat ( mind you it was 70 degrees) not only stood in front of us but flicked ashes on my 4 month old grandson......it was not a smoking area mind you...well i really thought my SIL was going to kill the guy...and all the SOB did was gives us a dirtry look until Sean finally pushed him away since words were not working. The incident kind of ruined our night.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:33 PM   #2352
francis6306
DIS Veteran

I'm still so far behind- at page 150- but I need to post a few things before I go to bed!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post

I'm still playing around with the Disney cruise prices and planning for May, 2014. It sounds like I need to go ahead and book it and then convince John that we need to try cruising again.
We're considering a cruise for May 14 as well… But I think we are for sure doing WDW in May- but probably earlier than you. Depends on the school year for Cortlyn! But we'll see! I may have to plan it later just so we can be there around the same time as you guys!!!

What a blessing you are to that family! A cooler full of MEAT!! Love it!! God bless you!!!!

I am SO glad to see that Santa doesn't wrap presents at your house either!! Why should he??? He is SUPER BUSY!!!

Spring Break, March 2015 PTR

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR~Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
Old 02-04-2013, 10:44 PM   #2353
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
I'm still so far behind- at page 150- but I need to post a few things before I go to bed!!!!

We're considering a cruise for May 14 as well… But I think we are for sure doing WDW in May- but probably earlier than you. Depends on the school year for Cortlyn! But we'll see! I may have to plan it later just so we can be there around the same time as you guys!!!

Right now, I'm thinking if we do cruise in May, 2014, we'll book the one that departs on May 29th. There's also one that leaves on May 22nd but I'm not sure that one would work for us since Hunter may still be in school. He'll be in the 10th grade then and they may be a bit stricter with him missing school even if it is the end of the year.

If and when we book, I'll be sure to post. It'd be super neat to met each other.

What a blessing you are to that family! A cooler full of MEAT!! Love it!! God bless you!!!!

It's like I told Judy, God has blessed my family and my heartstrings were tugged the more I read about her beautiful family. I knew that it was something that we needed to do.

I am SO glad to see that Santa doesn't wrap presents at your house either!! Why should he??? He is SUPER BUSY!!!
Heck yeah, Santa's busy. He ain't go time to be wrapping those presents!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I sure hope when Lacey and Jesse have children they have a girl!

It looks like Jesse's getting a jump start on practicing doesn't he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammyJudy View Post
Those darn trees keep growing and getting in the way...I wionder why Disney doesn't do someting about it. As for the thoughtless people that stand in front of you I have a story for you....about 4 years ago we were waiting for Illuminations over by canada and this guy in a long wool overcoat ( mind you it was 70 degrees) not only stood in front of us but flicked ashes on my 4 month old grandson......it was not a smoking area mind you...well i really thought my SIL was going to kill the guy...and all the SOB did was gives us a dirtry look until Sean finally pushed him away since words were not working. The incident kind of ruined our night.
Ugh! I can't stand those rude kind of people! It's can totally ruin a great time in no time flat.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 02-04-2013, 10:49 PM   #2354
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
You're an updating machine!

Totally skipped Illuminations during our trip at the same time, but I agree-I have never found a good spot!

Laughing out loud at the picture of Jesse and Hunter!
That's what happens when I keep the bossman busy. One day, I'll find the dream spot to watch Illuminations.

Those two were a hoot! I wish that I had thought ot take a picture of the finished product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYorkDisneyFan View Post
Great picture of Jessie dressing up Hunter although he may want to shave his legs next time. Lol also for some reason the pictures didn't show up on the regular site but when I went on the mobile site everything was fine.

Sent from my Samsung Galexy Ace using the DISBoards app
I'm going to tell Hunter what you said. I bet he'll say something like "I'm not shaving my legs! Are you kidding?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLiz View Post
I am continuously on the hunt for the "perfect" IllumiNations spot. I think it's a disease.

It drives me batty when people come up and stand right in front of you at fireworks...especially when you've been sitting for some time. I have said something before, but my DH absolutely hates when I do, so I try to bite my tongue now.

Love the pic of Hunter! Jesse did a great job!
I think that the best spot that we've watched from was when we had dinner reservations at Rose & Crown. They had an area to the side that was roped off and only for people eating there. It was a tight fit with all of us in there but no trees!

I try to bite my tongue too because I'm afraid that they'll say something smarty back to me and I'll lose my temper and go all Southern girl on 'em!

Jesse wasn't even through with his dress up. He added a couple of more things after I took the picture.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!

Old 02-04-2013, 10:53 PM   #2355
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyNancy View Post
Hahaha! Poor Hunter. Thank goodness there was no cosmetics counter!
Ain't that the truth! I can only imagine what he would have come out looking like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
OMG, too funny! The only thing that would make it better is seeing Hunter's face. LOL
I honestly can't believe that Hunter let Jesse dress him up like that. That's true brotherly love right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommytothreeboys View Post
Hunter makes a bee-yoo-ti-ful girl!
Yep, but not as bee-yoo-ti-ful as Spanky and Alfalfa when they dressed like girls:

Tags
caribbean beach resort, disney dream cruise

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: